Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Regardless of base movespeed, you should always buy boots in a lane where a single skillshot can mean death, like Morg/Blitz support or the aforementioned Ahri.

Thanks to Ryze and Morgana I managed to obtain Gold V and win the stupid victorious content. gently caress that poo poo.

Turns out Lucian top against a Ryze was not the best choice for my opponent. I got five kills early game, caitlyn got fed, and we steamrolled mid until we won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

theflyingorc posted:

"Is a bit too slow" probably referred to his Magic Resist, I should have realized.

Because right clicking is certainly the only way you can move from one side of a lane to the other. :dance:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

itsjustdrew posted:

Because right clicking is certainly the only way you can move from one side of a lane to the other. :dance:
"slow"

we all know what u did, u r not fooling us

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

theflyingorc posted:

"slow"

I've said my piece, if you want to keep thinking you're special for pointing out something after it was pointed out and commented on, then by all means do.

fnox
May 19, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

And how fast does ahri's charm move? I'm pretty sure faster than nunu's 350. And of course you don't need a particular movement speed, but it's basic loving common sense that the faster something moves, the easier it will be to dodge, which is also the reason I clearly stated a well placed. Nunu doesn't have a great peel move like other mids (if he even is a mid) have. Example: Ziggs' W / charge. Katarina's E, Lissandra's claw, Gregas's E, Tristana's jump... you get the idea. all of those can be used to dodge abilities.

It's 1400 projectile speed but then again you're not outrunning the projectile, just moving sideways? Projectile speed doesn't really matter because you can always sidestep it, considering you can sidestep Blitzcrank's hook and that's one of the fastest projectile in the game. If all it only affects how much of a leeway you have to start reacting to it.

A well placed skillshot is one that hits lol, otherwise it is not well placed, a well placed skillshot could mean one right on target as it could mean one that is lead enough for it to hit somebody who sees it coming. And you really, really don't need to blow your gapclosers to dodge skillshots, even less in lane, in fact you shouldn't, reading the line that the enemy has on you and keeping your cursor next to your character will nearly always guarantee that you won't get hit by colliding skillshots.

How hard can it be to not take your opinions as fact every single time?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm pretty sure you can't sidestep Janna's tornado at a surprisingly larger range than you'd expect. That hitbox is absolutely enormous and the graphic doesn't convey it accurately.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You can tell when you start getting better at the game when you reflexively hit flash to dodge dangerous skill shots. Ya know, not after you get hit by it in the middle of the lane at half health.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Brannock posted:

hitbox is absolutely enormous and the graphic doesn't convey it accurately.

This for everything ever

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I would like to make a public service announcement:

Play top Alistar before it gets nerfed. It's goofy as poo poo. I have no idea if it's too strong or not, but headbutt harass is really funny and everyone should experience it at least once.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

flyingkiwi posted:

This for everything ever

Nidalee spears and Mundo cleavers are pretty tough to hit now!

fnox
May 19, 2013

Brannock posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't sidestep Janna's tornado at a surprisingly larger range than you'd expect. That hitbox is absolutely enormous and the graphic doesn't convey it accurately.

That's a problem with the particle, it doesn't feel like it's large enough and I have no idea why the clarity team hasn't changed that, since it's legit one of the most troublesome skillshots to dodge.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

nrook posted:

I would like to make a public service announcement:

Play top Alistar before it gets nerfed. It's goofy as poo poo. I have no idea if it's too strong or not, but headbutt harass is really funny and everyone should experience it at least once.

Tutorial:

To headbutt harass, right click on the enemy champion, and then use your Headbutt skill on him. Immediately after, put your hands in the air or down your pants or use them to slap yourself in the face; anything to avoid using your Pulverize. Do not use Pulverize. This will get you the headbutt damage and a free autoattack (sheen yay), and if you aim it right (down the lane, not into a wall), prevent the enemy from trading back with you effectively. If you do not right click on the enemy first, you may end up autoattacking a nearby minion instead of the champ, which is a waste.

Do not use Pulverize.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

itsjustdrew posted:

I've said my piece, if you want to keep thinking you're special for pointing out something after it was pointed out and commented on, then by all means do.

Hmmmm nope I'm reading this chart it says you should probably shut up forever, or at least make a coherent point once?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Rammus is horrifically overpowered

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sharzak posted:

Rammus is horrifically overpowered

Really? I don't think he's terrible but I haven't seen him pulling any OP strings.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

ImpAtom posted:

Really? I don't think he's terrible but I haven't seen him pulling any OP strings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34zZOWyKng4

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Rammus is one of those champions that gets a boost in winrate because his kit is very easy to use, and his movespeed powerball abuses players with low map awareness/bad ward placements. Players also can't resist picking ad melee assassins against him either for some reason, which is like gift wrapping a kill for his teammates.

He was seriously a ticket to a free win any time someone picked zed/kha'zix when they were at the height of their power. They'd jump in, get taunted, and exploded in the 3 seconds when his taunt was OP as poo poo. Now it's only 2 seconds, but he's still good with the quill coat thingie. I should play him more, he's fun.

edit: looks like NA is broken right now.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

He's had a 54%+ win rate literally as long as I've played, sometimes higher. He's a very very good champion if you know how to play him. He's just kind of boring so not a lot of people do.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Is it impossible for anyone else to log in?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Wachepti posted:

Is it impossible for anyone else to log in?

I just got back in..NA took a poo poo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Perhaps this was the intent of using full metal Rammus with a dagger looking like that, but I now really want a tonberry Rammus skin. Also Rammus just needs skins that aren't lovely period.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

ToxicSlurpee posted:

if you know how to play him.

That's the thing--I'm terrible at this game and the first time I tried him I had one of my best games of all time. I'm in Double Minus Bronze Elo, mind you, but playing him just a couple of times lately he just seems fundamentally broken. Why should one of the tankiest champs in the game also have arguably the best ganking kit there is? Rammus ganks are scarier than, say, Shaco ganks and he is actually useful late game without getting mega fed.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

Perhaps this was the intent of using full metal Rammus with a dagger looking like that, but I now really want a tonberry Rammus skin. Also Rammus just needs skins that aren't lovely period.

I like Full Metal Rammus, at least. His other skins, though... Yeah, he's rather lacking in the good skin department, though not in sheer quantity.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sharzak posted:

That's the thing--I'm terrible at this game and the first time I tried him I had one of my best games of all time. I'm in Double Minus Bronze Elo, mind you, but playing him just a couple of times lately he just seems fundamentally broken. Why should one of the tankiest champs in the game also have arguably the best ganking kit there is? Rammus ganks are scarier than, say, Shaco ganks and he is actually useful late game without getting mega fed.

Because that ganking kit turns into a surprisingly mediocre tanking kit come the teamfight phase, owing to the lack of gapclosing capabilities or range. That, and he's pretty easy to disrupt in the jungle too. He's good, but not that good.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003

Sharzak posted:

he has weaknesses. He has a slow clear, is relatively poor at dueling 1v1 or 2v2 (you can't kill rammus but he can't kill you either). If he falls behind he's very easy to hold down. I've definitely gotten poo poo stomped by a lee sin or two playing Rammus where he just meets you at every camp, beats your loving hedgehog face in, and then runs away when your team comes to back you up.

That being said, people in solo queue aren't very good at taking advantage of his weaknesses. If you think he's fundamentally broken, keep playing him until you stop winning with him. People eventually get good enough to demonstrate your champion's weaknesses.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sharzak posted:

Rammus has terrible objective control, his clears are dismal, and it's very easy to just wander around his jungle behind him and take all his poo poo. He's dramatically more powerful in bronze than higher for that reason, which is probably why he feels so powerful. You just aren't at a point where people can effectively counter jungle or dragons get fiercely contested. Or even acknowledged.

Bronze players, far as I could see, also tend to not build tenacity, ward poorly, have very bad map/situational awareness, and have no idea how to counter tanks. Rammus exploits all of those things mercilessly. Oddly enough exploiting those things mercilessly is the way you get out of bronze.

Granted, Rammus also does well in higher ranks but part of that is because unpopular champions are often only played by people that really, really like them. Viktor is one of those that really comes to mind.

That being said, if you enjoy Rammus and do well with him, gently caress it, play him all day. Go for it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

I like Full Metal Rammus, at least. His other skins, though... Yeah, he's rather lacking in the good skin department, though not in sheer quantity.

Rammus and Malphite are the only members of the illustrious club of champions with both fire and ice skins for maximum creativity. Brand and Annie don't count for obvious reasons.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
How is powerball not a gap closer? I will concede that he seems kind of vulnerable to an early invade but past say level four or so he can clear with high health relatively quickly.

Edit-- I guess I'll defer judgment to the better players iand post in here once I stop winning with him and see if my opinion changes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sharzak posted:

How is powerball not a gap closer? I will concede that he seems kind of vulnerable to an early invade but past say level four or so he can clear with high health relatively quickly.

Edit-- I guess I'll put my money where my mouth is and post in here once I stop winning with him and see if my opinion changes.

Powerball is a gap closer in its way but it had a windup, is not instant, and poo poo can get in the way. The real, better gap closers are things like Jax's jump or Pantheon's stun. You move directly to the target and do something to it even if other poo poo is in the way. "I stood behind some minions" is a good way to prevent Rammus from powerballing you but, again, bronze players tend to have no idea how to do things like that.

Really, the question you have to ask yourself is "Do I enjoy playing Rammus?" If you're winning and having fun keep doing it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sharzak posted:

Edit-- I guess I'll put my money where my mouth is and post in here once I stop winning with him and see if my opinion changes.

'Gap closer' doesn't simply mean 'skill that moves you forward' - it refers to skills that make you cover a specific distance instantly, or drat near instantly. Think Audacious Charge or Bandage Toss, as opposed to Crystalline Exoskeleton or Powerball. Powerball is a good skill, but is less reliable than Bandage Toss when it comes to securing a good engagement, because if Bandage Toss hits something, it's taking you there with no chance for the target to respond. Powerball can be kited, meanwhile.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
you can get into the semantics of what defines a gap closer, (darius ult isn't an execute :hurr:) but that's not really Ramrod's issue, though champions with ranged stuns/snares like taric/morg/lux really poop in his cereal. In my experience, when I lose with Rammus it's because I'm pressured in my own jungle or counterganked effectively.

and actually reviewing my S3 and S4 winrates uhhh yeah I should definitely play more rammus. Whoever said something about people don't play Rammus because he's not as fun as feeding with Lee Sin, that about sums me up.

mushi fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 19, 2014

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Want a free guide?
[11:18:55 PM] Kevin: 1) dont play bruisers or supports. Theyve been nerfed to the ground and suck rear end
[11:19:25 PM] Kevin: 2) lock in either a strong assassin, apc or an adc.
[11:19:47 PM] Brandon: so the same thing I've always done
[11:19:48 PM] Kevin: 3) tank items all suck. Things that dont dmg suck and the tanks that are good have built in tank stats
[11:19:50 PM] Brandon: so the same thing I've always done
[11:20:13 PM] Kevin: Akali talon fizz
[11:20:19 PM] Kevin: Anything that does dmg
[11:20:24 PM] Kevin: And can be built full dmg

My 70lp friend is giving lessons.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I thought I'd finish my S4 placements, and then I got a Caitlyn who played like one of those old soraka bot game bots. I know that if I play a large amount of games on average these losses have a greater chance of happening to the enemy but goddam does it make me not want to play at all. It feel like this poo poo happens every time I play ranked, whereas in normals I've got an high enough mmr that this sort of thing is never seen.

What is with Bronze players and micromanaging with 100000 pings too? Far out its irritating, don't use the ping button more than once if at all tia.

E: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/oce/1310431 This was the player. For some reason they don't have any matches, but lolking isn't showing the games I played last night on my account. Was it their first ranked game ever, and their first game of lol in so long that their match history was deleted?

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 19, 2014

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

What is with Bronze players and micromanaging with 100000 pings too? Far out its irritating, don't use the ping button more than once if at all tia.

Don't worry! Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond players have no problem spamming pings and covering your minimap in garbage. You weren't looking at that, right?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Thats why I play with all game sound off and then use di.fm

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Haha man some people really hate it when you use the bushes. Especially in ARAM.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

natetimm posted:

Haha man some people really hate it when you use the bushes. Especially in ARAM.

Can you expand on what happened? I like to imagine that people are used to how bushes work by now

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

frajaq posted:

Can you expand on what happened? I like to imagine that people are used to how bushes work by now

I got Kog Maw on ARAM and their team was hosed from the beginning they were all melee, all AD. Jax, Riven, Akali, Aatrox and another i can't remember. Of course as Kog I'm going to stand in the bushes and throw my snare and shoot at you, especially once my ult's up. Their Riven was having a conniption, calling me a human being and a pussy and a chickenshit who wouldn't leave the bushes and fight like a real man or whatever. We mopped them up in 11 minutes and it was 30 something to 6 and Akali had 5 of the kills.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Bleh, I got stuck in a ghost game for two hours after my last game ended and now it's disappeared and I didn't get the LP for it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

theflyingorc posted:

"slow"

But he is. Stop replying to him and he'll go the way of Warchicken and Austrian Mook and only show up once in a blue moon

• Locked thread