Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

chumbler posted:

Rammus and Malphite are the only members of the illustrious club of champions with both fire and ice skins for maximum creativity. Brand and Annie don't count for obvious reasons.

Is Olaf a honorary member? (Forsaken's splash art has loads of fire, I believe the actual skin is just a palette swap)

Flameingblack posted:

But he is. Stop replying to him and he'll go the way of Warchicken and Austrian Mook and only show up once in a blue moon

But it's way too much fun to reply to someone desperate to have the last word in.

itsjustdrew posted:

I've said my piece, if you want to keep thinking you're special for pointing out something after it was pointed out and commented on, then by all means do.

I mean, this is truly a man who knows he lost an argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Methanar posted:

Want a free guide?
[11:18:55 PM] Kevin: 1) dont play bruisers or supports. Theyve been nerfed to the ground and suck rear end
[11:19:25 PM] Kevin: 2) lock in either a strong assassin, apc or an adc.
[11:19:47 PM] Brandon: so the same thing I've always done
[11:19:48 PM] Kevin: 3) tank items all suck. Things that dont dmg suck and the tanks that are good have built in tank stats
[11:19:50 PM] Brandon: so the same thing I've always done
[11:20:13 PM] Kevin: Akali talon fizz
[11:20:19 PM] Kevin: Anything that does dmg
[11:20:24 PM] Kevin: And can be built full dmg

My 70lp friend is giving lessons.

ive unironically been doing this for a while now and ive come to almost the same conclusion which is why im playing so much j4, some irelia

only exceptions in my pool i think are ryze nasus and maokai

edit: i wonder if the change to randuins put it over the top, at least in terms of how that approach feels now

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 19, 2014

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On the opposite of that, I've been carrying plenty of games in diamond as Jarvan going 21 offense with tank items with W maxed second, Dangerous game restores a whole lot of HP on a assist with 3000 HP.

W will keep you alive and doing more damage with 5% slow and 40+10 per person more shield per level then the E's 3% attack speed 3 armor and 45 damage on direct hit per level.

See I'm curious on this. I can see a shield being far more useful on a laning jarvan as a second priority, but jungle I'm a little skeptical. J4 I generally roll 21 offense as well and build tanky as crap after the SotEL and I figure ganks should hit as hard and frequently. What kind Jarvan are you guys talking because I'm confused

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

a medical mystery posted:

lol if you use any of those to dodge abilities

Hey, you can use Tristana's jump to dodge abilities. Kinda. It's less dodge and more make the whole thing moot but I digress. If you jump with the proper timing you can kinda start to jump after a hook or grab hits you because Rocket Jump has a very slight delay before movement occurs after casting and you pretty much end up where you started before either of them hit you, so that's pretty neat. The timing's something you gotta get used to since if you do it too early you'll just jump into the grab/hook and be worse off for it but it's totally something you want to get down because it's super useful to have and one of Tristana's neater quirks.

EDIT: Actually now I'm wondering what the hell happens if you jump into a grab. Does it just calculate your distance additively so you just end up flying way past the intended target? Inquiring minds need to know.

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 19, 2014

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Hey, you can use Tristana's jump to dodge abilities. Kinda. It's less dodge and more make the whole thing moot but I digress. If you jump with the proper timing you can kinda start to jump after a hook or grab hits you because Rocket Jump has a very slight delay before movement occurs after casting and you pretty much end up where you started before either of them hit you, so that's pretty neat. The timing's something you gotta get used to since if you do it too early you'll just jump into the grab/hook and be worse off for it but it's totally something you want to get down because it's super useful to have and one of Tristana's neater quirks.

You can also do this with Ezreal, and it is a lot easier as it doesn't have as long a startup as Trist.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Does the blitzcrank hook + Thresh lantern grab trick still work?

Robzor McFabulous
Jan 31, 2011
Don't think so, I seem to recall they patched it so you just end up where Blitz was when he hooked you. :(

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Nah, they fixed that so now it works again.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

http://kittzesport.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/fully-translated-ogn-final-kta-vs-sgb.html

I was just looking at the stuff from the recent top lane KTA vs. SSB games and I saw top lane Maokai's taking attack speed red's and Mundo's taking flat HP Regen quint's. I've thought about HP Regen Quints before on Mundo, don't have them so I've never tried but has anyone tried attack speed red's on Maokai? Seems kind of weird but it makes sense with getting multiple proc's of your passive later in the game.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mysticblade posted:

http://kittzesport.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/fully-translated-ogn-final-kta-vs-sgb.html

I was just looking at the stuff from the recent top lane KTA vs. SSB games and I saw top lane Maokai's taking attack speed red's and Mundo's taking flat HP Regen quint's. I've thought about HP Regen Quints before on Mundo, don't have them so I've never tried but has anyone tried attack speed red's on Maokai? Seems kind of weird but it makes sense with getting multiple proc's of your passive later in the game.

AS Reds, AP Quints was the standard on Jungle Maokai for years, but ssumday was the first guy I've seen run the same page on top lane Maokai. It worked really well. Lots of pros have slight modifications on their Maokai pages too though.

HP Regen Quints are probably the strongest top lane tank Quints in the game, they are absolutely the best vs. AP champions (so Mundo vs. any AP -- like Maokai), and even against an AD Matchup you might want 1x Armor and 2x HP Regen Quint. Those things keep tanks in early lanes when they aren't super powerful yet.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
6 loving ranked games with AFKs since the other team has had loving 1. I am beyond on tilt right now. This is so loving bullshit I can't believe how loving unlucky I am. I've been demoted AND lost a series because of loving AFKs. What a god drat joke. Yeah sure "it evens out over time" well if it would loving even itself out right now I'd hit plat 1 for free. fkls;ahnlkuweuifkhnweraufikl hwefunweukweufknweaukhnwef uihgknwerguk lnfergmfdsl;ceasjdfrjpgnmhilvbndrfkgbvndfgujkhe4rftilghjoihklnwe3ofjkv mewi hgwoil ghbnerklhqw3oe;j rfnwoe4ia hgnwefqw3eoi hlfr woi;hjg gently caress this game man

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

psymonkey posted:

6 loving ranked games with AFKs since the other team has had loving 1. I am beyond on tilt right now. This is so loving bullshit I can't believe how loving unlucky I am. I've been demoted AND lost a series because of loving AFKs. What a god drat joke. Yeah sure "it evens out over time" well if it would loving even itself out right now I'd hit plat 1 for free. fkls;ahnlkuweuifkhnweraufikl hwefunweukweufknweaukhnwef uihgknwerguk lnfergmfdsl;ceasjdfrjpgnmhilvbndrfkgbvndfgujkhe4rftilghjoihklnwe3ofjkv mewi hgwoil ghbnerklhqw3oe;j rfnwoe4ia hgnwefqw3eoi hlfr woi;hjg gently caress this game man

Take a 45 minute break, watch an episode of your favourite show. Don't even think about the game for that 45 minutes. Then if you decide to come back, it's usually a better game because of your mood boost with the break. I know the pain, but there's not much you can do other than report and block the player so you don't get matched with them ever again.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

itsjustdrew posted:

but there's not much you can do other than report and block the player so you don't get matched with them ever again.

Pretty sure this is a myth right here.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

psymonkey posted:

fkls;ahnlkuweuifkhnweraufikl hwefunweukweufknweaukhnwef uihgknwerguk lnfergmfdsl;ceasjdfrjpgnmhilvbndrfkgbvndfgujkhe4rftilghjoihklnwe3ofjkv mewi hgwoil ghbnerklhqw3oe;j rfnwoe4ia hgnwefqw3eoi hlfr woi;hjg gently caress this game man
say it loud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvwFTLOAtc

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Robzor McFabulous posted:

Don't think so, I seem to recall they patched it so you just end up where Blitz was when he hooked you. :(

Nope!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

psymonkey posted:

6 loving ranked games with AFKs since the other team has had loving 1.

Had a game where I was apparently the AFK, the game failed to load and was giving the error message of "Couldn't connect to sever blahblah" which is usually the sign of the servers crapping the bed so I went to go browse the internet for a bit until League unfucks itself, a bit later I discover the game apparently totally happened and I was the only person unable to connect for mysterious reasons.

basically I'm saying League is a loving mess and it's probably not their fault

stump collector
May 28, 2007

psymonkey posted:

same

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

itsjustdrew posted:

there's not much you can do other than report and block the player so you don't get matched with them ever again.

That isn't true at all and there is a very good reason why that will never be true. If it was possible to block people you don't want to be matchmade with people would just block all of the LCS players in Challenger.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

chumbler posted:

Rammus and Malphite are the only members of the illustrious club of champions with both fire and ice skins for maximum creativity. Brand and Annie don't count for obvious reasons.
uhm, excuse me, quinn??

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I am, as always, still waiting on the ultimate skin, "Mannie".

It's basically Pool Party Graves with cat ears.

fnox
May 19, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

I know the pain, but there's not much you can do other than report and block the player so you don't get matched with them ever again.

This isn't true either lol. There's nothing you can do to affect matchmaking other than play games.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

But he is. Stop replying to him and he'll go the way of Warchicken and Austrian Mook and only show up once in a blue moon

Not warchicken!! Who else will play league while coping with his crippling heroin addiction while ranting that riot hates him and deliberately flags him for losses out of spite because he's too good for challenger??

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Drone_Fragger posted:

Not warchicken!! Who else will play league while coping with his crippling heroin addiction while ranting that riot hates him and deliberately flags him for losses out of spite because he's too good for challenger??

Also who will send me very angry private messages because I called them "a drama queen".

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hahaha, that makes it all the more delicious. Anyway, on to more serious comments:

Is Swain good in the slightest? He has a pretty good winrate but I know from experience that a lot of his matchups on mid are pretty bad because he lacks real burst and has pretty bad range. Is it worth trying to play him top? Seems like he could kite around a lot of the more annoying shitheads top and really punish melle champs because of his e.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
swain top has been played a bit recently as a maokai counter and is okay

he also turns into a bird, and bird crew must be respected

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Does Gnar mid work? Been trying him out top but I wanna experiment a little bit.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Stalins Moustache posted:

Does Gnar mid work? Been trying him out top but I wanna experiment a little bit.

Depends on the matchup.

I've played a couple mid Gnar games and it's really hit or miss.

Ranged poke champions absolutely destroy you. Champions like Fizz aren't an issue.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Also who will send me very angry private messages because I called them "a drama queen".

Ahaha so I wasn't the only one he did this to

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Stalins Moustache posted:

He gets owned pretty hard by anyone who can harass him reliably no matter what lane he's in. I can't imagine he'd do too well against assassins either - any assassin worth a drat is already used to avoiding harass, and there's not much you can do about them should they wait until you have low Rage to go in on you.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I ended up picking up Singed because I hate top lane and felt like making everyone else miserable should I end up there. Ended up really enjoying playing Singed and now I'm enjoying top lane somewhat. Thinking of picking up Teemo after this week for the same reason, since so far he's pretty fun. I am a bad person.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Singed is one of my favorite champions in the game. If you like him try Cho. Those two champions basically turn top lane into a single player RPG because you can totally ignore the other person once you get your catalyst. I like Cho a little better because he has really deceptively high burst at level 6 tho.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
People that struggle to do well as Singed don't seem to understand that fling -> poison and autoing does a fuckload of damage early on and can win you fights if you hit level 2 first. I think Singed has the highest base AD in the game?

Luccion
Jun 14, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hahaha, that makes it all the more delicious. Anyway, on to more serious comments:

Is Swain good in the slightest? He has a pretty good winrate but I know from experience that a lot of his matchups on mid are pretty bad because he lacks real burst and has pretty bad range. Is it worth trying to play him top? Seems like he could kite around a lot of the more annoying shitheads top and really punish melle champs because of his e.

I've been playing Swain quite a bit recently, both in top and mid. Due to the nerf train hitting everyone else I feel he is in a pretty good place right now. The biggest complaint I have is the CSing with him is dismal early on. I am honestly thinking about using AD marks just to make it a bit easier early game. Once you get your rod though, hue hue, it's big bird funtime. The match up I like the least with him is early lane pushers like Ziggs or Xerath. Farming under your tower sucks early on because he just doesn't have the abilities for it. But matched against Maokai in top, or even the standard bruisers, is okay. I definitely don't think he's a pick whenever champ, but his passive allows for great mana sustain up top if you do are hitting your CS regardless of having blue buff or not. And the harass with your E is crazy, especially on melee bruisers. The trick is to get an auto attack off on the E'd target though. It usually pushes them out of lane pretty quick.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

People that struggle to do well as Singed don't seem to understand that fling -> poison and autoing does a fuckload of damage early on and can win you fights if you hit level 2 first. I think Singed has the highest base AD in the game?

Fling has a free auto in the animation if you click people in midair.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It begins.

PBE notes posted:

Mini Gnar base attack damage increased to 48 from 45
Mega Gnar base attack damage increased to 52 from 49
Hyper (Mini W) maximum damage vs monsters increased 100/150/200/250/300 from 75/125/175/225/275
GNAR! (R) bonus ad ratio increased to .5 from .2
GNAR! (R) now has AP scaling of .5 up from 0.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Doesn't look TOO awful, unless there was a good way to build AP on Gnar anyway. It's nowhere near as strong as the Yasuo shield changes, at least.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

chumbler posted:

It begins.

i don't think the mega gnar form needs any buffs whatsoever

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Roland Jones posted:

I ended up picking up Singed because I hate top lane and felt like making everyone else miserable should I end up there. Ended up really enjoying playing Singed and now I'm enjoying top lane somewhat. Thinking of picking up Teemo after this week for the same reason, since so far he's pretty fun. I am a bad person.

If you want another top laner that people absolutely hate playing against Lulu is pretty amazing up there, but I haven't played her much since they lowered the duration on her W. She still sees pro play though so she's probably still fine.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Roland Jones posted:

It's hilarious if you build him AP with 'very little' tank. Boots, 3 pots, rush giants belt > Warmog > Boots of swiftness (or MT/NT if you prefer) Tear of the goddess, using your Q to build it, rylais, liandry's torment, archangels and the deathcap. you end up with over 500 AP if i remember right with over 4000 health with the AAstaff (passive).

I'd also use ghost and ignite, but that's up to you, just my preference. you have awesome movement if you pop a ghost+ult combo, and do a poo poo ton of damage, especially your gas/mask combo.

itsjustdrew fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
And you'll get CCed and shredded by an ADC in like 7 auto attacks

• Locked thread