Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I haven't seen anyone complain about Darius in forever. About as long as its been since I've seen one win lane.

Darth Windu fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If I'm banning I usually ban selfish choices of champs that I'm bad against in the lane role I want

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Servaetes posted:

Man now I wish we had DNK's legendary "Which is more Skiller" DotA vs League article drat you

From 100 pages back:

Whatever happened to DNK? I loving loved his builds. He single-handedly got me into Shaco and then even Lycan from DotA 2 when he transitioned.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

frajaq posted:

If I'm banning I usually ban selfish choices of champs that I'm bad against in the lane role I want

This is pretty much the best choice. I have a different set of bans for each lane.

Renekton, Malphite, and a wildcard (usually Morgana) if I'm playing top since I generally want to play Pantheon or Jarvan.

Orianna, Malzahar, and Syndra if I'm mid since I'll be playing Ryze.

Tristana, Morgana, and Braum if I'm in bot lane because gently caress those guys.

I don't care about jungle bans, I'll go with the usual Morgana/Braum/whoever my teammates want. Sometimes Yasuo since I don't want him on my team.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Good news! We might have a fix for the clicking issues!

RiotBoourns posted:

Hey guys, I think I identified what was going on with this. The BotRK post from last week rang some alarm bells for me. What happened was that the pixel perfect targeting part of the code was broken so the targeting system was making decisions based only on the bounding volume around models.

How this manifests is that when you have targetable objects near each other (like Taric near a tower, or minions packed in a wave) you will get imprecise targeting even though your mouse is over the model of the thing you're trying to target.

I just checked in a fix and it's going through the QA process.

Thanks to all of you for raising awareness on this. I'd been thinking that something felt "off", but I thought I was just a baddie or had intermittent lag. Your comments helped narrow things down. This video is really helpful for providing a solid test case for us.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

When did this turn into the official forums where everybody complains about everything being op and should be deleted?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Should I max W or E on Jarvan? I've been doing E against heavy AD champs like Riven and W if I think I'm going to have to head down from top to teamfight often.

Bholder posted:

When did this turn into the official forums where everybody complains about everything being op and should be deleted?

Good contribution as usual Bholder.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

circa 2009.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
No items, Ezreal only, Howling Abyss.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Advice posted:

Whatever happened to DNK?

Probably the same place Studio went.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

Probably the same place Studio went.

The speedrunning community?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Previous Jesus posted:

The speedrunning community?

Skipping happily away with dumb goons money more like.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Darth Windu posted:

Should I max W or E on Jarvan? I've been doing E against heavy AD champs like Riven and W if I think I'm going to have to head down from top to teamfight often.

Good contribution as usual Bholder.

Never, ever, ever max W on Jarvan.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

mushi posted:

I've said this before, but solo queue banning strategy is sort of pointless because you have an equal chance that you're banning your teammates out as you are your enemies. So here's what you can do by going to lolking:

1) ban by power - sort by winrate and ban the top 3 winrate champions.
2) ban what enemies are likely to want to play - sort by popularity.
3) ban what your teammates expect - sort by banrate.

There's a bit of wiggle room for error because ban rate sometimes lowers a champion's popularity, but in general people love loving playing vayne and lee sin despite their trash tier winrates. Just looking at the stats right now, Morg is probably the only champion who would overtake Tristana in popularity if she weren't banned so much. The other top-banned champions, yasuo and braum, probably wouldn't be picked as much as Leona.

Also I think it's hilarious that of the top 10 most effective/overpowered/winningest champions in solo queue, only Talon sees any level of significant bans. Also the list of top 10 winrate champions is totally different than it was like a few months ago, with the exception of the loving mummy who has literally been a top winrate champion as far back as I can remember. I think he even ate a few nerfs, but apparently having a kit of "I have a giant aoe root ultimate and I do damage just by standing next to you" is all you need for solo queue success.

Edit: I do like the idea of changing the banning system to prevent certain synergies if you can recognize them in the enemy team. Like if they pick Yasuo, you can ban some popular champions with displacement abilities. Whatever dota uses, I don't know I don't play dota.

I usually just ask bans in teamchat and then do what they want. Usually I wind up banning one champion I hate playing against/is OP but I'm more there to keep my team happy :v:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dragongem posted:

I usually just ask bans in teamchat and then do what they want. Usually I wind up banning one champion I hate playing against/is OP but I'm more there to keep my team happy :v:
I ban Rengar and then from there just let the team pick. As long as there is no Rengar I am content(note that I am content with a well played Rengar on my team)

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

After your one point in it don't level up any skills, just leave the level skill box open with 1 point in W for the rest of the game :v:

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 19, 2014

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Bholder posted:

I have already cataloged exactly which characters should be deleted.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I like to ban Eve because stealth fucks everything up, 1 or both of Morgana/braum are good bans since they destroy teamfights and Morgana Qing anyone on your team late game is usually GG, then whatever OP thing you think might be picked. Amumu, Kassadin, Talon, Maokai are all good picks.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Jerkface posted:

I like to ban Eve because stealth fucks everything up, 1 or both of Morgana/braum are good bans since they destroy teamfights and Morgana Qing anyone on your team late game is usually GG, then whatever OP thing you think might be picked. Amumu, Kassadin, Talon, Maokai are all good picks.

Last ranked game I banned Yasuo, fizz and zed. Fairly safe I'd say.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ive been learning how to play Ahri and I got pitched against a Nunu in midlane. I managed to beat him, but I can see why Nunu is such a pain in lane. Consume gives him such ridiculous sustain and snowball in trades is nuts. If he wasn't so poo poo at dodging Charms and I didnt have a Jungler who was on the ball (bless that Fiddlesticks) I'd have had a much harder time.

Regarding Ahri, how have you guys been building her? I generally rush DFG unless I need either Magic Resist or Armor, in which case I generally go for either early Chalice or Zhonyas rush. General AP runes (AP quint/hypen marks/armor seals/mr glyphs) and... 21/0/9 I think? I'd have to double check.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Monathin posted:

Ive been learning how to play Ahri and I got pitched against a Nunu in midlane. I managed to beat him, but I can see why Nunu is such a pain in lane. Consume gives him such ridiculous sustain and snowball in trades is nuts. If he wasn't so poo poo at dodging Charms and I didnt have a Jungler who was on the ball (bless that Fiddlesticks) I'd have had a much harder time.

I think nunu is a bit too slow to dodge a well placed charm.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
What is the goon general consensus on Malphite right now? I tried a couple teambuilder games taking him in the jungle and it just didn't seem like I could make an impact in any fight I got into. Is he just outright bad right now?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

On the opposite of that, I've been carrying plenty of games in diamond as Jarvan going 21 offense with tank items with W maxed second, Dangerous game restores a whole lot of HP on a assist with 3000 HP.

W will keep you alive and doing more damage with 5% slow and 40+10 per person more shield per level then the E's 3% attack speed 3 armor and 45 damage on direct hit per level.

fnox
May 19, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

Do you ever bother to look up any of the poo poo you say? Nunu has 350 base movespeed, making him one of the fastest champions bar Master Yi and Pantheon, Ahri in comparison has 330. Plus, Nunu has a movement speed steroid on his Blood Boil.

Either way you don't need any particular movespeed to dodge a Charm. You don't need a particular movespeed to dodge any skillshot.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
When I am able to ban I use my 3 bans as selfishly as possible. If I am playing top Nid I banish Teemo, Darius, and Eve. If I'm playing ADC Ashe Akali, Fizz, and Eve. If I'm playing jungle Nunu then Lee Sin, Elise, and Eve. gently caress the haters, those champs ruin my day you can dodge if they pick something op.

If anyone raises a stink about "Y u no ban Jax" I'm all "uhhh, they didn't own it". 9 times out of 10 they won't know I was lying.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Poulpe posted:

What is the goon general consensus on Malphite right now? I tried a couple teambuilder games taking him in the jungle and it just didn't seem like I could make an impact in any fight I got into. Is he just outright bad right now?

You need your team to follow up your initiations and not just slowly stumble in. If you have that he easily enables teamfight wins.

He thrives in AoE and CC comps where he can set up the team for easy follow-ups.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

fnox posted:

Do you ever bother to look up any of the poo poo you say? Nunu has 350 base movespeed, making him one of the fastest champions bar Master Yi and Pantheon, Ahri in comparison has 330. Plus, Nunu has a movement speed steroid on his Blood Boil.

Either way you don't need any particular movespeed to dodge a Charm. You don't need a particular movespeed to dodge any skillshot.

And how fast does ahri's charm move? I'm pretty sure faster than nunu's 350. And of course you don't need a particular movement speed, but it's basic loving common sense that the faster something moves, the easier it will be to dodge, which is also the reason I clearly stated a well placed. Nunu doesn't have a great peel move like other mids (if he even is a mid) have. Example: Ziggs' W / charge. Katarina's E, Lissandra's claw, Gregas's E, Tristana's jump... you get the idea. all of those can be used to dodge abilities.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

itsjustdrew posted:

And how fast does ahri's charm move? I'm pretty sure faster than nunu's 350. And of course you don't need a particular movement speed, but it's basic loving common sense that the faster something moves, the easier it will be to dodge, which is also the reason I clearly stated a well placed. Nunu doesn't have a great peel move like other mids (if he even is a mid) have. Example: Ziggs' W / charge. Katarina's E, Lissandra's claw, Gregas's E, Tristana's jump... you get the idea. all of those can be used to dodge abilities.

lol if you use any of those to dodge abilities

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Poulpe posted:

I think he's great because aoe team fight ults are no brainer in solo queue. I wouldn't jungle him he's way too slow. Top lane is better. He plays a lot better in lane since his buffs a few patches ago. If you can late draft him into a 4ad enemy team it's basically a free win (I don't say this about many champs). I did that once in ranked this season and did terribly in lane and still dominated the game.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I would be a god if I could use Ziggs W to dodge skillshots on reaction. Until then moving laterally will have to do.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
I do mostly, either that or to poke harder.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Did austrian mook name change to this guy or what.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On the opposite of that, I've been carrying plenty of games in diamond as Jarvan going 21 offense with tank items with W maxed second, Dangerous game restores a whole lot of HP on a assist with 3000 HP.

W will keep you alive and doing more damage with 5% slow and 40+10 per person more shield per level then the E's 3% attack speed 3 armor and 45 damage on direct hit per level.

i dont jungle with jarvan but in lane i'm always, always maxing W second, be it tank or damage build

a medical mystery posted:

lol if you use any of those to dodge abilities

shunpo owns for dodging abilities, especially ones like charm

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Did you not watch the Fiora in one of my games get absolutely rekt by one? It was goddamn hilarious. I thought you were there for it.

fixed

I have ADD and can't watch streams very long without wanting to play and since my net sucks I cant stream and play at same time or I lag in game a lot. I was likely playing a game when it happened.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Please please please stop trying to outrun skillshots and dodge them laterally instead.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I should have been more clear and said, "never max it first"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

itsjustdrew posted:

*sigh*

Nunu's base movespeed is 350, making only two champions in the game faster than he is (Pantheon and Master Yi). Furthermore, he has Blood Boil, which makes him faster than most characters on demand. It would be difficult for you to be more wrong, can you stop talking out of your rear end?

edit: I see that you were already corrected, and said more dumb things about it. You said "Nunu isn't fast enough" because you assumed he was slow because of how he looks, when he's probably one of the best skillshot dodgers in the whole game. Please exercise self doubt

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Verviticus posted:

i dont jungle with jarvan but in lane i'm always, always maxing W second, be it tank or damage build

I play him entirely in lane so I'm glad to get your perspective.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

*sigh*

Nunu's base movespeed is 350, making only two champions in the game faster than he is (Pantheon and Master Yi). Furthermore, he has Blood Boil, which makes him faster than most characters on demand. It would be difficult for you to be more wrong, can you stop talking out of your rear end?

edit: I see that you were already corrected, and said more dumb things about it. You said "Nunu isn't fast enough" because you assumed he was slow because of how he looks, when he's probably one of the best skillshot dodgers in the whole game. Please exercise self doubt

But his hit box so big... :allears:

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

theflyingorc posted:

*sigh*

Yes, indeed. Because I specifically said his movement speed isn't high enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

itsjustdrew posted:

Yes, indeed. Because I specifically said his movement speed isn't high enough.

"Is a bit too slow" probably referred to his Magic Resist, I should have realized.

• Locked thread