Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

itsjustdrew posted:

It's hilarious if you build him AP with 'very little' tank. Boots, 3 pots, rush giants belt > Warmog > Boots of swiftness (or MT/NT if you prefer) Tear of the goddess, using your Q to build it, rylais, liandry's torment, archangels and the deathcap. you end up with over 500 AP if i remember right with over 4000 health with the AAstaff (passive)

Warmog's is a bad item on Singed, you're better off getting resists to complement all the free HP you get from RoA. Always get RoA since his passive effectively converts the mana into even more HP. Tear rush isn't that great compared to the sheer stack of stats that singed gets from a full stack RoA.

EDIT: Not to mention that you will have absolutely no loving mana sustain at all and will run out after one fling -> poison combo. Start Flask + 3 pot to survive your lovely early game and cs as much as possible, try and return with a Catalyst ASAP so you can sustain even harder, rush a RoA and probably merc treads, boots 3 if the enemy team has very few CC/just a bunch of slows, then rush a Rylai's for the slow on your Q. Guise wouldn't be a bad item after this, and then getting your resist items of choice (thornmail/randuin's/frozen heart for AD, SV or Banshee's vs. AP). Rabadon's is not really worth it since Ryliandrie's should be enough to melt whatever loser is following you.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

exethan posted:

And you'll get CCed and shredded by an ADC in like 7 auto attacks

Rarely, I use this specifically to shut down ADCs, I just rush them, I dont mind dying in a team fight to kill an ADC and get another (probably a mid) to half or less health, I usually go positive too, the health regen is awesome with the ult and its just fine on its own.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

How Rude posted:

Warmog's is a bad item on Singed, you're better off getting resists to complement all the free HP you get from RoA. Always get RoA since his passive effectively converts the mana into even more HP. Tear rush isn't that great compared to the sheer stack of stats that singed gets from a full stack RoA.

Of course, I just like the active end game from the AA / seraphs. it gives me just enough of a barrier to stay 3/4 more seconds. The warmog is mostly for a health buffer then sustain once fully build from a GB.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

chumbler posted:

It begins.

I think he needs all this and probably more. He is really underwhelming right now.

On that note, I did up my 4.14 Tier List and Article today and here it is:
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2014/08/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-414.html

Gnar has some gnarly bad numbers but they are still climbing. I just don't think he will even approach average performance without some pretty serious buffs. What is proposed in that PBE post seems like a good start.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Libertine posted:

I think he needs all this and probably more. He is really underwhelming right now.

http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2014/08/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-414.html

Gnar has some gnarly bad numbers but they are still climbing. I just don't think he will even approach average performance without some pretty serious buffs. What is proposed in that PBE post seems like a good start.

Braum seems like he's settled to a really good place. As soon as he's off permaban, he'll probably be my go-to support.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

theflyingorc posted:

Braum seems like he's settled to a really good place. As soon as he's off permaban, he'll probably be my go-to support.

I kind of think that Braum and Yasuo will remain high priority bans no matter how many general nerfs they eat because Windwall and Unbreakable are absolutely infuriating skills to play against if you have any kind of projectile abilities or ultimates.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Libertine posted:

I kind of think that Braum and Yasuo will remain high priority bans no matter how many general nerfs they eat because Windwall and Unbreakable are absolutely infuriating skills to play against if you have any kind of projectile abilities or ultimates.

Braum eating nami's ultimate for free never gets old.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

AParadox posted:

Braum eating nami's ultimate for free never gets old.

It does when you play a lot of Nami. :bang:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you play ADC/Support in any way, shape, or form you will always always want to ban Braum/Yasuo. Abilities that effectively remove a carry's damage or a supports CC for even a few seconds are ridiculous.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Sharzak posted:

Singed is one of my favorite champions in the game. If you like him try Cho. Those two champions basically turn top lane into a single player RPG because you can totally ignore the other person once you get your catalyst. I like Cho a little better because he has really deceptively high burst at level 6 tho.

Wait you build ROA on cho? You really don't need to build that on him to ignore people in lane, glacial shroud is a much better option and he has more than enough sustain

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Libertine posted:

It does when you play a lot of Nami. :bang:

Despite how much I like his kit, I hate Yasuo for exactly this reason. The windwall feels like it lasts forever when you need your ult in a teamfight as soon as possible.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

How Rude posted:

If you play ADC/Support in any way, shape, or form you will always always want to ban Braum/Yasuo. Abilities that effectively remove a carry's damage or a supports CC for even a few seconds are ridiculous.

I always ban braum no mater what position I play because if its not the bullshit wall its the chain cc. Yasuo players feed way to much against a lot of stuff picked in mid nowdays so I let him pass.

Also whats up with talon bans? I took a 1 week break and now he is a permaban both in my games and on any stream I checked lately.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Libertine posted:

It's almost like game breaking abilities are a bad idea.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Not if they have appropriate costs in terms of what the rest of the kit can do or there are reasonable ways around them.

The absence of thought given to either of those things by Riot tends to be the problem.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 19, 2014

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Neither of those are game breaking abilities by any stretch of the imagination.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

For how much Riot bangs on about counterplay, there's absolutely zero of it to Yasuo's wall as an ADC, I'm surprised it doesn't even have like a HP bar, or you can't AA through it or something.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Flipswitch posted:

For how much Riot bangs on about counterplay, there's absolutely zero of it to Yasuo's wall as an ADC, I'm surprised it doesn't even have like a HP bar, or you can't AA through it or something.

You can move around it or wait for it to go down. It isn't that hard.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
It also has a one million years cooldown.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

You can move around it or wait for it to go down. It isn't that hard.
So, stay out of the fight while their ADC is free to contribute? Not every fight takes place in a straight open lane.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sivir is so op she can be immune any spell she chooses to.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

theflyingorc posted:

Neither of those are game breaking abilities by any stretch of the imagination.

I was being intentionally hyperbolic. Sorry should have made that clear.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Drone_Fragger posted:

Not warchicken!! Who else will play league while coping with his crippling heroin addiction while ranting that riot hates him and deliberately flags him for losses out of spite because he's too good for challenger??

I've never done any kind of opiate and you guys are all really dumb

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 20, 2015

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

How Rude posted:

According to the only recent Singed information I can find (Inverted Composer's guide), Rod and Seraph are roughly equivalent with Seraph being a little better towards the endgame. Right now it looks like he's advocating ignoring both almost entirely, substituting 2x Dorans rings for it until you have your core of Rylai/Liandry/Randuins.

I imagine some of that comes down to playstyle and what you're able to do with the lane - if you're going to proxy, tear is probably still fine since you can typically grab that plus a ward and more pots on your first back, and you can start charging it up immediately. D-rings definitely give you more lane power if your opponent can deal with being proxied (and/or just outscales you)

He doesn't explicitly say it anywhere I can find it in the guide right now, but it's bad to get both mana items because the synergy isn't actually that good for Singed, giving you mostly increased offensive power but only 160 HP from the mana on rod and 250 from Seraph's - Just cover your mana pool/regen needs, he doesn't really scale with mana the way Ryze does.

Rushing Warmogs is indeed super bizarre though, and I have no idea why anyone would even think to do that. If you really aren't needing the mana somehow just go straight into Rylai/Liandry.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 19, 2014

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Wait you build ROA on cho? You really don't need to build that on him to ignore people in lane, glacial shroud is a much better option and he has more than enough sustain

You don't build ROA to ignore people in lane, you build ROA when you can already ignore people in lane and don't need an early stats advantage. Cho fits the bill here pretty perfectly. Plus with ROA, 6 feast stacks and a few other incidental health items you can hit 5k hp with tons of both resistances while still being actually threatening because you have a little AP.

In other news I'm still riding the free win Rammus train-- 5 wins 0 losses with him thus far in ranked.

Edit--you guys are insane for saying he's not OP--he's the winningest champ in diamond and in hte top 3 in every division leading up to that.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 19, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

It looks like right now playing jungler is your best bet if you want to grind wins/LP.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Flipswitch posted:

So, stay out of the fight while their ADC is free to contribute? Not every fight takes place in a straight open lane.

Then flash over a side wall. As a bonus, this will give you total immunity to melee dudes. Rocket science this ain't.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Sharzak posted:

In other news I'm still riding the free win Rammus train-- 5 wins 0 losses with him thus far in ranked.

Edit--you guys are insane for saying he's not OP--he's the winningest champ in diamond and in hte top 3 in every division leading up to that.

How do you build him? Runes/Masteries/Abilities. I can't seem to make him work for me, and I'm not sure what's going wrong. Do you just powerball into lanes all day every day and let the laners do the murder?

fnox
May 19, 2013

Gnar is really hardcore lategame I have to admit. Mega Gnar is just loving broken, while Mini Gnar sucks and is just a vehicle to get Mega Gnar out.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

fnox posted:

Gnar is really hardcore lategame I have to admit. Mega Gnar is just loving broken, while Mini Gnar sucks and is just a vehicle to get Mega Gnar out.

Yeah pretty much this. The only thing that could really push Gnar into broken tier would be giving him an auto range increase which they wouldn't do with his otherwise ridiculous kit. Mega Gnar is however pretty drat decent. Oh, related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOFtaF0nDs

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 19, 2014

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I actually think mini is better than mega.

Hyper is just stupid and has the biggest bulls hit percent heal th if you are using it right. Mega is just slow as gently caress and will get you totally out of positions when you involuntary transform

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I think Mini scales better with items, but Mega is more naturally strong.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Sharzak posted:

You don't build ROA to ignore people in lane, you build ROA when you can already ignore people in lane and don't need an early stats advantage. Cho fits the bill here pretty perfectly. Plus with ROA, 6 feast stacks and a few other incidental health items you can hit 5k hp with tons of both resistances while still being actually threatening because you have a little AP.

Or you could build spirit visage, upgrade shroud and abyssal on him, still have ridiculous health, still be tanky and still do damage..

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Roland Jones posted:

I ended up picking up Singed because I hate top lane and felt like making everyone else miserable should I end up there. Ended up really enjoying playing Singed and now I'm enjoying top lane somewhat. Thinking of picking up Teemo after this week for the same reason, since so far he's pretty fun. I am a bad person.

What's really fun is going the Korean(?) Singed build, which is what you'll see Sirhcez running most of the time. The keys to the build are 21/9/0, a mage runepage (AP Quints and mpen reds, essentially), ghost/ignite, first back buy double doran's ring, rush Rylai's. From there it's whatever tank you need with a liandry's whenever you can fit it in. You completely skip RoA and Archangel's.

What this gets you is an early game that feels much better. As a tanky singed going for tear or catalyst first, I always felt like I was super weak early on and couldn't do anything unless the enemy stupidly let me fling him into tower. With this start, I feel like I can compete from the very first against most champs. After my first back, I feel like I can play very aggressively against and kill most champs. Even before that, fling + poison + ignite with those runes and masteries is deceptively deadly. Most people don't expect that level of damage out of a Singed.

Double doran's solves all your mana problems. Use your poison to clear a wave, get all your mana back. Once you get Rylai's, your fling followed up with slowing poison means you can chase down and kill nearly anybody. If you get an early kill at all and can start your Rylai's with a blasting wand, you can zone people out completely or kill them if they don't respect your damage.

I know that by the end of the game, RoA is an extremely slot-efficient item. But it takes forever to get online and stacked, and this build makes him dangerous far sooner. I encourage everyone to give it a try, it's super fun.

If you want to see it in action, you can watch http://www.twitch.tv/Sirhcez most days. He's the one who plays with the Coke Machine custom skin and you can catch him most days when the sun is down.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Poulpe posted:

How do you build him? Runes/Masteries/Abilities. I can't seem to make him work for me, and I'm not sure what's going wrong. Do you just powerball into lanes all day every day and let the laners do the murder?

Runes--
15% AS
12 MR
9 Armor
6.8 Physical Damage

Masteries--
9/21/0
with 4 points in the aspeed, 3 points in AD/lvl, 1 point in Martial Mastery, 1 point Expose Weakness
Defense tree it's Recovery, Tough Skin/Bladed Armor, (I just swapped this from Block/Unyielding so we'll see how that works), then maxed out straight down from Recovery with maxed Hardiness and Resistance. I start W, then Q, then E, maxing W then maxing E. Roll from camp to camp and gank with extreme prejudice--if an enemy is over halfway past the river and you're in the neighborhood it's usually a summoner and often a kill. I rarely gank before level 3. You do a surprising amount of damage with your W. If you can chain your taunt with your laner's CC there really aren't a lot of ways for the enemy laner to get away unless they're something dumb like Fizz or Kat or something. Choose who to gank based on how useful a kill will be--if you can snowball your Talon mid for instance try camping the lane. The fact that you can roll in with Powerball means you have lots and lots of angles to choose from.
As far as items I go quill coat mobos (he's the only jungler I've run mobility boots on and I really love it) then usually a wardens mail, if they have problematic AP the health/MR cloak is a good 2nd item. Depending on the game I'll either get FH or Randuins and I really like warmogs on him. I usually spend probably too much money on pots to keep health up in the jungle for the first 5ish levels.

Edit--I have 0 losses in my match history and it feels really good

Witters
Jan 14, 2008

If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done.
The issue with Braum's and Yasuo's walls is not so much the fact that they last for a few seconds (which is an eternity in team fights), but it's the threat they easily bring to a potentially major game changing ult. The threat of the wall going up is probably just as good as the wall when it is up. What I mean is that Braum/Yasuo can simply wait for that Nami tidal wave (a slow projectile) or MF ult (which takes a while to build up) and then easily cast their wall as a response. The problem is that these basic abilities of Yasuo and Braum have a relatively short cooldown (26 and 18 seconds respectively, at their highest) in contrast to the kinds of aforementioned ults and they easily and completely negate these ults. The biggest counterplay most of the time while Braum and Yasuo are around is to wait until they stupidly waste their walls. However, any Braum/Yasuo with a few working neurons is going to hold their wall until they can use it as a response to these ults in a team fight. The walls are a cool mechanic, and I think they have a place in the game, but there's no denying they provide little counterplay at times. They themselves can be the counterplay to some abilities.

Also, this is the second time RIOT has released champions with potentially frustrating kits so close to each other, lest we forget the revive mechanics on Zac and Aatrox. Just making a note on it.

Witters fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 19, 2014

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Servaetes posted:

Yeah pretty much this. The only thing that could really push Gnar into broken tier would be giving him an auto range increase which they wouldn't do with his otherwise ridiculous kit. Mega Gnar is however pretty drat decent. Oh, related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUOFtaF0nDs

Apparently Darien is the only one who plays him good, full tank top gnar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XX4MB_wR_A

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

fnox posted:

. . . . reading the line that the enemy has on you and keeping your cursor next to your character will nearly always guarantee that you won't get hit by colliding skillshots.

Could you explain this further? I'm not tracking what you're trying to explain here.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Apparently Darien is the only one who plays him good, full tank top gnar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XX4MB_wR_A

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/295022

He's not playing at the top of Challenger or anything, but 15-6 on a brand new 38% win-rate champ is not bad.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Sharzak posted:

That's the thing--I'm terrible at this game and the first time I tried him I had one of my best games of all time. I'm in Double Minus Bronze Elo, mind you, but playing him just a couple of times lately he just seems fundamentally broken. Why should one of the tankiest champs in the game also have arguably the best ganking kit there is? Rammus ganks are scarier than, say, Shaco ganks and he is actually useful late game without getting mega fed.

One thing you also have to remember - at low ELO, you will sometimes get a win simply because by picking any tanky character, your team will not consist of five assassins/squishies and this will allow you to defeat the other team.

People in Bronze and Silver from what I have seen absolutely hate playing tanks (or really any character that doesn't get "da killz").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sharzak posted:

RoA is a really, really good item on lane Cho. Jungle Cho is going to have trouble getting it early enough to be relevant but really, lane Cho loving loves that item. He has some mana issues and it helps deal with those, he generally wants to be a gigantic, fat battering ram so he loves the health, and nom is an AP-based nuke that deals true damage, on top of his 1.0 ratio on stomp and that everything else he has also has some AP scaling. Add that to the bonus sustain on his already good sustain and you have an item that works reeeaaaal good on him.

Ride that train long as you can, yo. If you found a strong champion that you like and works for you spam the poo poo out of it and don't let anybody tell you that you're wrong. Rammus is a drat fine champion and I've said it before and I'll say it again. If he works and you have fun playing him then just keep it up. You may very well have found your main champ and there isn't a drat thing wrong with it.

• Locked thread