Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hello im in charge here now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
ok so, my CE point was p much finished so I might as well post it now. Also, I'm doing so before clicking merk's case~link so that I can post my fresh, less-biased opinion on this.

---

I just read (this) post by chaoslord.

I'm going to reexplain his point because I think I kinda like it.

chaoslord doesn't like that CE upgrades his joke vote on Rarity here:

Crazyeyes posted:

I am now ok with leaving what was, when made, a jokevote on Rarity on Rarity as a serious vote.

I see more apathy than scumminess in Ras right now. I have no idea how CCKeane is "pleaing for his life", though. At most he is being obstinate with his Winvirus vote refusal (which doesn't matter anyway cause he is in no danger of being lynched).
Based on this post vv

Rarity posted:

I agree with others that Ras is looking suspect at the moment. I'm also a bit put off by CCKeane, I don't like him using his recent D1 deaths to plea for survival. Conversely, I like Somber's effort and I feel like he's town.
Crazyeyes is casing Rarity using something he hasn't even looked back at to try and understand. This is scummy.

Rarity was referring to this post, which is from very early in the game vv

CCKeane posted:

Also if I can not be night killed on the first night I would really appreciate that.
After CE makes his vote against her, her and Keane explain this, and Crazyeyes effectively ignores this, and posts this:

Crazyeyes posted:

Still don't like rarity. I am not sure entirely how, but I am leaving my vote for the time being.
He ignores his mistake. This is also scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CE tries to explain away his upgrade when I asked him about it. It's in my case.

ninja: he basically comes out and says 'man boy that sure does look bad but I said what is going on in that post maybe if I post a long enough run-on sentence you'll forget that what I did was really scummy what do you think of Karl Marx, I really like him hi how are you'

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just let yuming remake your case and take credit for it so we can lynch CE

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##unvote

##Vote crazyeyes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

That works for me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

I felt like if I came to it independently it is a Real Scum Thing!

I'm going to look at the case next.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

I didn't see Merk posting a question about my vote on rarity. Calm thyselves. I elaborated a bit in that very post about my vote for rarity. It was still quite early in D1 and I didn't like how rarity jumped on Keane for what I believe to be a very trivial and meaningless statement that I did not see the same way.

Early D1 doesn't exactly make for solid casing 99% of the time. The first day is almost always a gut-check.

This post is great. I thought it was a run-on sentence but remembered wrong.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

JakeP posted:

:vince:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
To be fair, I also didn't know that's what I was doing when I first started writing that post.

The first case I was remaking was chaoslord's!

Hey I just got to this too~

Crazyeyes posted:

I didn't see Merk posting a question about my vote on rarity. Calm thyselves. I elaborated a bit in that very post about my vote for rarity. It was still quite early in D1 and I didn't like how rarity jumped on Keane for what I believe to be a very trivial and meaningless statement that I did not see the same way.

Early D1 doesn't exactly make for solid casing 99% of the time. The first day is almost always a gut-check.
Here Crazyeyes still doesn't seem to own up to his nonsense reason so... yea that is scummy too.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Somberbrero posted:

literally half of this thread is scum

I don't think this is actually true. I recommend tea.

##vote crazyeyes

I read merk's case. Looks pretty solid.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let me find a post to quote so yuming can quote it in her next post. Hold on, yuming.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Crazyeyes posted:

Upon reading your post history I cannot find an example, so I rescind my accusation. Your posting is giving me a "tee hee, I'm so random!" feeling but I can't say I haven't gotten that same vibe outside of games as well so it's not telling.

Hey yuming, here's your next quote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Crazyeyes posted:

Upon reading your post history I cannot find an example, so I rescind my accusation. Your posting is giving me a "tee hee, I'm so random!" feeling but I can't say I haven't gotten that same vibe outside of games as well so it's not telling.

Merk is snarking but this is actually why I voted CrazyEyes. This wasn't posted until I pushed for it twice.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

CCKeane posted:

Merk is snarking but this is actually why I voted CrazyEyes. This wasn't posted until I pushed for it twice.
do you think CE is scum team #1 or scum team #2

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Crazyeyes posted:

HEY THIS IS P WEAK MAN.

I think the recant of this opinion is Real Bad.

I've got something else to do, then I'm gonna read where I left off in this thread, then decide ~my final opinion~

I'll be back in a bit.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
yuming is waiting until after I have to leave to actually read my CE case. This is troubling.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Crazyeyes (8): Opopanax, merk, CPig, Juanito, -CPig, chaoslord, -merk, merk, JakeP, Keane, -JakeP, JakeP, Rasc, -Juanito, kilran, -kilran, Cpig, Meinberg

merk (4): Cpig, Rarity, yuming, Rasc, Somberbrero, tearshed, -Rasc, -Cpig

CapitalistPig (2): Met, kilran, Crazyeyes, -kilran
Meinberg (2): Rarity, winvirus, Rasc, merk, LM, -merk, -Rarity, -winvirus, winvirus, -Rasc
Rarity (2): Crazyeyes, kilran, -kilran, -Crazyeyes, winvirus, -winvirus, kilran, -kilran, kilran, Juanito

No Execution (1): TT
chaoslord (1): wins

Rascyc (0): Keane, -Keane, dokanoid, -dorkanoid
JakeP (0): CPig, TT, Meinberg, -CPig, -TT, -Meinberg
Juanito (0): CPig, TT, -CPig, dorkanoid, -dorkanoid, -TT
winvirus (0): Somberbrero, yuming, CPig, -CPig, -yuming, -Somberbrero
Little Mac (0): Somberbrero, -Somberbrero
CCKeane (0): Rarity, -Rarity, Juanito, -Juanito
kilran (0): Rarity, -Rarity, Keane, Meinberg, -Meinberg, -Keane

:h: 21 / 11
:d: Deadline at ~11PM EDT Tuesday (or less than 6 hours from this post).

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If Yuming doesn't vote CE I will bully her into submission

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

yuming is waiting until after I have to leave to actually read my CE case. This is troubling.
I did read it!

I like the thing I said the most-- the other things were like sprinkles, but the fake point re:Keane and how long it took him to address it was scummy.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

also call me stupid but this is a great way to abandon an inconvenient position.

like did you seriously think merk was lying about going to a baseball game? that's dumb.
Coming back to this now that I'm at a PC: no I didn't seriously think Merk was lying about a baseball game. I did think it would be hilarious if he posted a stub and I thought it was funny. Also I haven't abandoned an inconvenient position, I literally repasted my case at a replacement immediately after my swap. I still think he's being pretty scummy.

Merk/CE are the people I'm interested in flipping because they both read scum to me. However Merk is casing/voting CE pretty hard, so I'm not feeling a bus there. I feel like I have to be wrong, so I won't be too surprised if a 3p pops up here.

The slight tipping point for me is honestly Rarity's vote on Merk, especially the "WELL MERK MAKES EXCUSES" remark which felt almost like desperation to keep focus on Merk and was the impetus of my humor.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
also somber bro, you need to lighten up a bit!!!! It's a eleventy thousand person game, pace yourself

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Rascyc, you were serious about two teams yea? Hmmmm.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

yuming posted:

Rascyc, you were serious about two teams yea? Hmmmm.
No I was cracking a joke about CC's post that came out of no where earlier today

CCKeane posted:

Also before anybody flips, this is an ecco game and ecco often has multiple scum teams and such. So we shouldn't be like "OH WELL SO AND SO WAS PUSHING THIS CASE" as a confirmation of townhood.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There are probably two scum teams or one scum team with a small third party team. After Keane mentioned it, every Ecco game of all Ecco time that is larger than 13 people holds true to this Ecco rule. I am saying that without any evidence whatsoever, but it feels right to say.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I like the idea because merk and CE are both scummy~

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool, lynch him and force his scum team to kill me then.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I gotta go. Good luck.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somebody vig ce

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looks like a merk lynch isn't happening today and I can't stay up till such a late deadline so

##unvote

##vote Crazyeyes

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
CE is -1

Let's see if CE shows up to claim or even say anything. Early hammer sucks.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh the deadline is tonight!

I thought it was not yet set because I am not very observant :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tearshed posted:

CE is -1

Let's see if CE shows up to claim or even say anything. Early hammer sucks.
Yea don't hammer I wanna post, jerks.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Crazyeyes (10): Opopanax, merk, CPig, Juanito, -CPig, chaoslord, -merk, merk, JakeP, Keane, -JakeP, JakeP, Rasc, -Juanito,dorkanoid, kilran, -kilran, Cpig, Meinberg, Rarity

merk (4): Cpig, Rarity, yuming, Rasc, Somberbrero, tearshed, -Rasc, -Cpig, -Rarity

CapitalistPig (2): Met, kilran, Crazyeyes, -kilran
Meinberg (2): Rarity, winvirus, Rasc, merk, LM, -merk, -Rarity, -winvirus, winvirus, -Rasc
Rarity (2): Crazyeyes, kilran, -kilran, -Crazyeyes, winvirus, -winvirus, kilran, -kilran, kilran, Juanito

No Execution (1): TT
chaoslord (1): wins

Rascyc (0): Keane, -Keane, dokanoid, -dorkanoid
JakeP (0): CPig, TT, Meinberg, -CPig, -TT, -Meinberg
Juanito (0): CPig, TT, -CPig, dorkanoid, -dorkanoid, -TT
winvirus (0): Somberbrero, yuming, CPig, -CPig, -yuming, -Somberbrero
Little Mac (0): Somberbrero, -Somberbrero
CCKeane (0): Rarity, -Rarity, Juanito, -Juanito
kilran (0): Rarity, -Rarity, Keane, Meinberg, -Meinberg, -Keane

:h: 21 / 11
:d: Deadline at ~11PM EDT Tuesday.

Ixtlilton fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 20, 2014

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Guys, I think met might be scum too.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
you guys, I was watching the Cubs game and can verify that merk was there.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Juanito posted:

you guys, I was watching the Cubs game and can verify that merk was there.

What?, the beard guy on the left?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
no the guy in the black jacket

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Heya guys. I think maybe we should lynch merk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
or we could hammer CE before yuming gets a chance to post again :sun:

• Locked thread