Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

SlyFrog posted:

Could you explain this further? I'm not tracking what you're trying to explain here.

If you keep your cursor on your character, you don't have to worry about sweeping the mouse all the way across the screen to dodge the correct way.

e: Weak first post. Might as well ask: Has anyone tried jungle Cho lately? I played a game with him just after the Golem change, and his Feast counts as bonus health for the Golem passive. I cracked 5k HP easily, and even had room for a damage item or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Phenotype posted:

e: Weak first post. Might as well ask: Has anyone tried jungle Cho lately? I played a game with him just after the Golem change, and his Feast counts as bonus health for the Golem passive. I cracked 5k HP easily, and even had room for a damage item or two.

Stats are stats, but he's got the same problem all waddlers have: low gank pressure. I'm sure he becomes a better tank late game than ever before, with Golem, but you still have to rely a bit more on your team to not get crushed by the enemy Lee/Elise/Kha or whoever in the meantime. (To answer your question, haven't played him lately, no.)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

RoA is a really, really good item on lane Cho. Jungle Cho is going to have trouble getting it early enough to be relevant but really, lane Cho loving loves that item. He has some mana issues and it helps deal with those, he generally wants to be a gigantic, fat battering ram so he loves the health, and nom is an AP-based nuke that deals true damage, on top of his 1.0 ratio on stomp and that everything else he has also has some AP scaling. Add that to the bonus sustain on his already good sustain and you have an item that works reeeaaaal good on him.

Ride that train long as you can, yo. If you found a strong champion that you like and works for you spam the poo poo out of it and don't let anybody tell you that you're wrong. Rammus is a drat fine champion and I've said it before and I'll say it again. If he works and you have fun playing him then just keep it up. You may very well have found your main champ and there isn't a drat thing wrong with it.

Please don't get any source of flat health on Cho, he doesn't need it. Get resists instead, you will get much more mileage from them. Frozen Heart+Abyssal and/or Visage will do a lot more for you than more HP that will be quickly chunked through.

The effective HP health gives you on Cho is really small for the cost.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Phenotype posted:

If you keep your cursor on your character, you don't have to worry about sweeping the mouse all the way across the screen to dodge the correct way.

I'd say if you're going for a tank jungle try mundo or nasus, nasus is great if you can get his Q stacked. His slow is the second (I think) best in the game now? after thresh. Don't quote me on that though.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

I'd say if you're going for a tank jungle try mundo or nasus, nasus is great if you can get his Q stacked. His slow is the second (I think) best in the game now? after thresh. Don't quote me on that though.

As much as I liked Nasus jungle when I started playing in season 3, he's really not good now. The wither range nerf really destroyed his ganks. Mundo's clear isn't very good and his ganks rely on your hitting the first cleaver, which is harder than it used to be. He's probably better than Nasus but I wouldn't really recommend him over Amumu, Nautilus, Maokai, Rammus, or even Zac.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

a medical mystery posted:

Please don't get any source of flat health on Cho, he doesn't need it. Get resists instead, you will get much more mileage from them. Frozen Heart+Abyssal and/or Visage will do a lot more for you than more HP that will be quickly chunked through.

The effective HP health gives you on Cho is really small for the cost.

I feel like this (specifically what you are saying about Health) is bad advice for 100% of the champion pool. Every single champion benefits from three kinds of defense, and anyone who is at least 9 in Defense (I'm assuming Cho always will be) gets a nice scaling bonus on health purchased. You even recommend Visage which has a huge chunk of HP on it while saying "don't buy HP" so I don't understand what your point is here.

If there is a core Cho build I think ROA/FH/SV is probably as close to it as one can get. Any substitutions you would make would be things similar to those items, or things that have AP while also having HP/Armor/MR.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Libertine posted:

I feel like this (specifically what you are saying about Health) is bad advice for 100% of the champion pool. Every single champion benefits from three kinds of defense, and anyone who is at least 9 in Defense (I'm assuming Cho always will be) gets a nice scaling bonus on health purchased. You even recommend Visage which has a huge chunk of HP on it while saying "don't buy HP" so I don't understand what your point is here.

If there is a core Cho build I think ROA/FH/SV is probably as close to it as one can get. Any substitutions you would make would be things similar to those items, or things that have AP while also having HP/Armor/MR.

I said flat HP. HP+Resist is just fine.

All I'm saying is that focusing on health alone is inviting a BORK builder to tear you a new one.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

We're doin it, boys!
Just won a game with Sneaky/Lemon as my bot. MapleStreet ragequit at level 7.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I'm so loving garbage at this game, someone please help

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

e: woops

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Darth Windu posted:

I'm so loving garbage at this game, someone please help

stop trying so hard and just play the champs you have fun with

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Phenotype posted:

I've been playing him a bit lately, and I've had a decent amount of success with him. It's been somewhere around a 50% win rate over the past week, but I felt like I put in some pretty good work in the losses (just not enough). It's an incredibly good feeling when you're in a great game and almost every single cast of Q leads to either a kill or a burned flash, and it's both easy and satisfying to steal objectives with smite+feast. Jungle Cho is probably nowhere near being an optimal pick, but he's a really fun character and he actually feels playable now. As always, though, it 100% depends on your ability to land Qs while ganking.

It might be a terrible idea, but if both teams have at least one major source of AP damage (not counting Cho), I like picking up an Abyssal Scepter for damage and then going full tank for the rest. There's always Wit's End if you're feeling saucy, too. It's funny to hit 5k HP, but like a couple other people said, it's better to focus on resists rather than pure HP.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

frajaq posted:

stop trying so hard and just play the champs you have fun with

I do and then I lose so okay. What nyao.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Darth Windu posted:

I do and then I lose so okay. What nyao.

Blame your teammates

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I was watching a highly ranked Korean Teemo building Wit's End, Nashor's Tooth, Hurricane, and I think his next item was going to be Last Whisper (maybe Zephyr). I would love to see on-hit AoE Teemo start eking into the NA meta.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Colonel Squish posted:

I was watching a highly ranked Korean Teemo building Wit's End, Nashor's Tooth, Hurricane, and I think his next item was going to be Last Whisper (maybe Zephyr). I would love to see on-hit AoE Teemo start eking into the NA meta.

It's like you WANT to see the arguments between silver players and diamond players flare back up again as silver players insist that they're vindicated and diamond players double down on declaring it bad and wrong.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Brannock posted:

It's like you WANT to see the arguments between silver players and diamond players flare back up again as silver players insist that they're vindicated and diamond players double down on declaring it bad and wrong.

When I am dispatched by a Teemo as Pantheon with that item build I shall kneel before the silvers. Until then, I sit at my diamond throne awaiting challengers.

Colonel Squish posted:

Last Whisper with all that magic damage? :psyduck:

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 20, 2014

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Servaetes posted:

When I am dispatched by a Teemo as Pantheon with that item build I shall kneel before the silvers. Until then, I sit at my diamond throne awaiting challengers.

Last Whisper with all that magic damage? :psyduck:

You're probably right and it was something else. The game ended when he just had a Pickax.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Colonel Squish posted:

You're probably right and it was something else. The game ended when he just had a Pickax.

Given his horrible build, my money would be on Rageblade, honestly.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

If it was a on-hit build, it might have been intended for a Frozen Mallet.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Colonel Squish posted:

When you get to challenger man, you gotta compile a list of the cool pros and the douchey ones. I only had a very limited experience and I'm curious! I believe in the big dog.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Maybe it was going to go into a Zephyr?

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Servaetes posted:

When you get to challenger man, you gotta compile a list of the cool pros and the douchey ones. I only had a very limited experience and I'm curious! I believe in the big dog.

I have a feeling it will be one-sided list of pros that don't talk in solo queue.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I am streaming again for anyone who wants to watch. I failed my series, miserably.

e: Servers appear to have once again, poo poo themselves.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 20, 2014

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://coub.com/view/ybat

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am streaming again for anyone who wants to watch. I failed my series, miserably.

e: Servers appear to have once again, poo poo themselves.

Okay, good. I thought the oncoming week of storms intended for me were starting to take their toll.

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011
Holy poo poo riot, fix your servers. I just want to spend my paypal bucks on your stupid game.

Sigh. :riot:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Servers are so hosed it wouldn't even let me close the program I had to hard close it in task manager. That's a first.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Libertine posted:

Servers are so hosed it wouldn't even let me close the program I had to hard close it in task manager. That's a first.

They haven't said jack poo poo about it either.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Colonel Squish posted:

I played against that exact build today. Dude chickened out on the Zephyr and got like a Deathcap or some other big AP item for some reason though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poor Tripsy just got out of the hospital and now it looks like he's headed back there again :ohdear:.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Anyone mind writing up or pointing to a good ADC guide in the current meta? Lately I've been playing ARAMs and out of all the champ roles that I play, I'm finding ADC to be the most fun and I think I want to transition that to SR.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

They haven't said jack poo poo about it either.

Some DDOS group is claiming responsibility again. Apparently they're doing it because a girl had the audacity to stream a video game.

https://twitter.com/lizardsquad

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

Aerox posted:

Some DDOS group is claiming responsibility again. Apparently they're doing it because a girl had the audacity to stream a video game.

Why do people always do these things for such dweeby reasons?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Aerox posted:

Colonel Squish posted:

Why do people always do these things for such dweeby reasons?

The lulz man, the lulz.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Been steadily rising lately, I am rank two in my little Fiora's Outriders league thingy, and I am sure 1 more win will put me in a series for bronze 2.

I take Sona and this dude picks Kog Maw for adc. No biggy, I think, he is good but a little squishy, we can sit back and poke for a bit. He immediately runs at the enemy and dies. Then he comes back AND DOES IT AGAIN. So, I flash to him, and throw an exhaust on Tristana. I heal him with W and chase her of with an aa+Q.

"Sona, stop stealing my cs ffs."

That little fucker went something like 1/11/3 and blamed me the whole time.

Next game I am playing Zac in the jungle, and everyone else has some form of AP champ, with Gragas as support for some damned reason. When it comes to last pick, all we have left is ADC. Dude picks Twisted Fate and then asks if he can switch to mid because he sucks on bot. He went 6/15/something.

I am never leaving bronze.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Dregs posted:

Been steadily rising lately, I am rank two in my little Fiora's Outriders league thingy, and I am sure 1 more win will put me in a series for bronze 2.

I take Sona and this dude picks Kog Maw for adc. No biggy, I think, he is good but a little squishy, we can sit back and poke for a bit. He immediately runs at the enemy and dies. Then he comes back AND DOES IT AGAIN. So, I flash to him, and throw an exhaust on Tristana. I heal him with W and chase her of with an aa+Q.

"Sona, stop stealing my cs ffs."

That little fucker went something like 1/11/3 and blamed me the whole time.

Next game I am playing Zac in the jungle, and everyone else has some form of AP champ, with Gragas as support for some damned reason. When it comes to last pick, all we have left is ADC. Dude picks Twisted Fate and then asks if he can switch to mid because he sucks on bot. He went 6/15/something.

I am never leaving bronze.

No one leaves bronze league alive.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
leave bronze by playing OP champs, fellow poster.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

leave bronze by playing OP champs, fellow poster.

I was thinking of picking up Vi. Is she OP?

(Edit) I just check. I play sona, she is already in the top 10 winningest champ list.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Etrips posted:

Anyone mind writing up or pointing to a good ADC guide in the current meta? Lately I've been playing ARAMs and out of all the champ roles that I play, I'm finding ADC to be the most fun and I think I want to transition that to SR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oPLc6DZvz8

This is pretty long-winded but teaches a lot of the stuff you may not learn from practice, especially proper positioning for making trades.

• Locked thread