Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
I noticed that the ingame sound stuttered in the latest video at 8:55 during Red's yell, does it do that often and if so, are you playing the disc or downloaded version and if the latter, are you running it off system memory or an USB HD of some sort? I noticed some of it during some QTEs and at the start of battles when I ran the download version off system memory but I don't think I've noticed it after switching to an USB HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The only thing I can think of as a catchphrase for Wonder Yellow is just shouting excitedly in Russian like Boris in Metal Gear Rising, although I guess that's more of a support reaction rather than a suitable one-liner for a victorious hero.

e: "Yellow..." *destroys object with hammer* "..and goodbye" I'm so sorry

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 20, 2014

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

"I thank my comrades for Lenin me a hand"

I'll be here all week

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I don't know why, but I thought Wanna was just a fly at first but then I got it just in time for her (presumable) death. She was a Wanna Bee. :v:

MoadDib
Apr 4, 2009
catchphrase: (speaking russian)

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
'Meet the hammer of the union!' :v: because its a unite morph, a union, get it

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dragonatrix posted:

I don't know why, but I thought Wanna was just a fly at first but then I got it just in time for her (presumable) death. She was a Wanna Bee. :v:

...Son of a bitch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I thought Wanna was just a weird bug with a big hat that looks like Fly eyes

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So yeah, you fight the Death Star (completely with Imperial March-ish music as it appears) which transforms into a giant robot snake, amd kill it with a rocket propelled hammer made out of superheroes.

Have I mentioned I love this game? Because hot dang do I love this game.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
If you ask me, this is the weakest boss in the game. It only gets better from here :allears:

(Of course, it's still a Wonderful 101 Boss Fight so it's still basically gold, but man.)

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Astro Nut posted:

So yeah, you fight the Death Star (completely with Imperial March-ish music as it appears) which transforms into a giant robot snake, amd kill it with a rocket propelled hammer made out of superheroes, driving an earlier level's boss through it like a nail.

Have I mentioned I love this game? Because hot dang do I love this game.

You left out part of the awesomeness :v:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
You know way back when they first introduced those guys I thought they looked kind of like a nail, I did not forsee the logical conclusion of that thought process at all.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I feel like Wonder Red is a little hasty in his declarations of "DIPLOMACY HAS FAILED AGAIN!" Maybe they should try more formal talks.

TheAdamantArchvile
Oct 27, 2011

Flaming Hugs All Around!
All I could think of was: "Your mother is like Communism. Everyone gets a share!"

But I think Yellow would never say that.

TheAdamantArchvile fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Aug 20, 2014

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, Diejeah would be 大蛇, Daija, which is Big Serpent/Snake but can, also, be read as Orochi O-ROW-CHEE!

Correct!
The other name puns in this fight are:

Wanna: 罠 (wana), trap.
Orgon: 黄金 (ougon), gold.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TwoPair posted:

The only thing I can think of as a catchphrase for Wonder Yellow is just shouting excitedly in Russian like Boris in Metal Gear Rising, although I guess that's more of a support reaction rather than a suitable one-liner for a victorious hero.

e: "Yellow..." *destroys object with hammer* "..and goodbye" I'm so sorry

As painful as that pun may be, it fits perfectly for a well-meaning dork like Yellow.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So, the last bossfight was the loving greatest thing I've ever seen. This games makes me want a Wii U so hard.

e: "In soviet Russia, hammer hammers you."

:suicide:
Sorry.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
"I knew we could hammer things out :shobon:"

"Nail'd 'em/it"

"Flattened like tundra"

"Looks like the pancakes are on me"

eh I think that is enough for now, I might think of more later.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I think those are probably the most fitting, save for the nail one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NextTime000 posted:

"I knew we could hammer things out :shobon:"

"Nail'd 'em/it"

"Flattened like tundra"

"Looks like the pancakes are on me"

eh I think that is enough for now, I might think of more later.

Someone call Your Evil Twin.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It would be pretty cool if Yellow got to shine in a level towards the end and shot off an awesome and/or cheesy one-liner after his moment in the sun.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I'm hoping he'll come up with something before the game is over and it will be the most adorable and amazing and wonderful thing.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I'm willing to bet that is most certainly gonna happen, because that would perfectly be in line with everything else.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The moment he couldn't come up with a catch phrase was the moment I knew Wonder Yellow was not a cool guy that I would like :colbert:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Those GDA helicopter pilots have got guts. They go up there knowing they won't even get wonderful-ed like the soldiers do.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I fully expect Yellow to follow up an incredibly bad-rear end moment with a really goofy non-catchphrase.

*hammers through five bosses in one swing* "I am hitting you very hard with hammer!"

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

chumbler posted:

Those GDA helicopter pilots have got guts. They go up there knowing they won't even get wonderful-ed like the soldiers do.

I like to imagine that the very last guy to get out of the helicopter is the pilot, and so when it gets blown up after all the dudes come out nobody dies because this game is Wonderful like that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

bathroomrage posted:

nobody dies because this game is Wonderful like that.

We saw a helicopter get smashed in the video just as it started unloading, the one guy who fell out didn't get up nor did the wonder liner work on him. :smith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We saw a helicopter get smashed in the video just as it started unloading, the one guy who fell out didn't get up nor did the wonder liner work on him. :smith:

That helicopter was an unmanned, automated decoy and the guy that fell out was just a mannequin in a soldier's uniform to make the decoy more effective :colbert:.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I just realised that when Wonder-Green dons the foil facemask of bossfighting, so does his cheeseburger.

Specifically, so does the cheese in his cheeseburger.

Although the real magic for me was nobody paying any attention to Wanna tumbling out of the sky on fire. Eh, nobody cares about you, tiny fly-thing.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Ironicus, you know I love you, but you clearly are missing out on the glory of Professor Shirogane.

"Stop, it is Hammer Time!"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

S.J. posted:

The moment he couldn't come up with a catch phrase was the moment I knew Wonder Yellow was not a cool guy that I would like :colbert:
How could anyone dislike someone so kawaii?

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
You'll want to protect this awkward and cute Wonder Yellow

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I enjoy being presented with tough choices between altruism and pragmatism as much as anybody, but it's so refreshing for something to embrace primary-colored heroism and run with it. It's a breath of Wonderful Air.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

"Putin them in lines and clearing them away"

Hell yes a Putin pun AND a Tetris joke I am just hitting them out of the park here

hang on there's gotta be a Rasputin joke in here somewhere

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 20, 2014

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
"In my country, the nail which sticks up... Ah, you know the rest."

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I guess Wanna's spaceship is supposed to look like a Pitcher Plant, but I could never shake the feeling that it's also supposed to look like a Kuribo Shoe from SMB3.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

"My Hammer is uhmm.. tool! Tool of... errr Justice! Da! My Hammer is tool of Justice!" :haw:

One thing is for sure, Yellow does not deny his Hammer its purpose. Drive that missile in! :black101:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

"My Hammer is uhmm.. tool! Tool of... errr Justice! Da! My Hammer is tool of Justice!" :haw:

One thing is for sure, Yellow does not deny his Hammer its purpose. Drive that missile in! :black101:

THIS is what happens when you bring tool to robot fight!

vvvv Edit: Sadly, it was Vilkacis who made this, a long while ago, and I'm not savvy enough to pull that off... :(

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That emotican needs an ushanka to be complete. :colbert:

• Locked thread