Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Doing what now?

I think it's a grenade now. I'm on my phone so I can't take a screenshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

radiums enemy posted:

just in case anyone is worried that this trivial poo poo is all that we're working on, this was done because it was pretty easy to do (once I figured out what to do and where to do it) and it was a good way to test to see if we could deploy user-visible changes without destroying the forums again. the squares are just some poo poo in the CSS and can change as easily as all the other lovely balls and whatever you all have next to your names, so don't get too attached to/distressed by them

Or, you could call it the further militarization of St. Louis.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It wasn't there when I posted that, and now it is. :iiam:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

What's a spoiler look like again

e- what's the problem you're having? Making spoilers block stuff out, or what?

Going off the default css file, this should (ideally) be what you need to tweak

CSS code:
section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler{
background: #828282;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler * {
visibility: hidden;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled {
background: transparent;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled * {
visibility: visible;
}
Really the background colour at the top should be all you need to change (that's the spoiler box), the rest of it handles making things appear and disappear appropriately. That's from the latest code anyway, assuming spoilers work on the normal themes? I'm still on a super-old version for no good reason :ohdear:

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 16, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

XIII posted:

I do. I use the dark theme Spanky created back when you introduced css themes. What should I look for in the file to see if it's there?

Edit: found it. How does this look?

Here's what the spoiler section of my theme looks like. I'm terrible with CSS, so I don't really know if this is correct or not. I'm just running a theme created by another (smarter) forum member

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

That makes your spoilered text (permanently) black, if that's what you wanted? (It might not affect revealed text though)

From what I assume anyway, the sections go like this:

CSS code:
section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler{
  /* this section controls the box that holds the spoilered stuff */

/* here it just sets the colour of the box */
  background: #828282;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler * {
  /* this section controls the stuff IN the box (see the * in the definition?
     It means everything within bbc-spoiler, under it in the hierarchy) */

/* here it makes all the stuff invisible */
  visibility: hidden;
}

/* these two sections are the same as the two up there, except they control
   how the 'revealed' version looks */

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled {
  /* hide the background colour, i.e. make the box itself invisible */
  background: transparent;
}

section.postcontent .bbc-spoiler.spoiled * {
  /* make all the stuff IN the box visible, so it appears */
  visibility: visible;
}
Not tested any of this bla bla bla. Really you shouldn't need to change any of that except the colour of the box, unless you're doing some wacky extras

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 16, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Weird, because with that setup the text is always revealed.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

What happens if you remove that "color" line? And do you have any lines with !important in them (which kinda forces an override), especially ones involving visibility?

It might be worth putting the whole thing on pastebin or something

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

baka kaba posted:

What happens if you remove that "color" line? And do you have any lines with !important in them (which kinda forces an override), especially ones involving visibility?

It might be worth putting the whole thing on pastebin or something

I'll poke around and check.

In the meantime, let me spoiler some text as a test .

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've discovered a new bug.

Sometimes when I open a thread from a link in chrome, that thread then becomes stuck somehow and everytime I open the app that thread is the one that shows. It's really annoying.
Clearing cache fixes it but it's a PITA.

It might be only with archived threads or something idk.

This thread is now stuck in my app:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2137510

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

baka kaba posted:

That makes your spoilered text (permanently) black, if that's what you wanted? (It might not affect revealed text though)

From what I assume anyway, the sections go like this:

Not tested any of this bla bla bla. Really you shouldn't need to change any of that except the colour of the box, unless you're doing some wacky extras

Well, the issue with my theme is spoilers in nonblack posts, so I'll see if my code looks anything like that.

Like this stuff, for instance.

ArcMage fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 20, 2014

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

spankmeister posted:

I've discovered a new bug.

Sometimes when I open a thread from a link in chrome, that thread then becomes stuck somehow and everytime I open the app that thread is the one that shows. It's really annoying.
Clearing cache fixes it but it's a PITA.

It might be only with archived threads or something idk.

This thread is now stuck in my app:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2137510

Try spamming the back button a whole bunch of times. I had this exact problem, and someone else in the thread said to try this, and it immediately went away.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

inkmoth posted:

Try spamming the back button a whole bunch of times. I had this exact problem, and someone else in the thread said to try this, and it immediately went away.

Hey cool that worked, thanks!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

When I click the next page icon for the list of threads (not inside the threads; that works great), it loads to the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is this an everyone thing or just me?

Samsung Galaxy Note II

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

mastajake posted:

When I click the next page icon for the list of threads (not inside the threads; that works great), it loads to the bottom of the page instead of the top. Is this an everyone thing or just me?

Samsung Galaxy Note II

No, I've noticed this top.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

mastajake posted:

It places you in the same location as the previous page. For example, if you are midway down the list of threads, that is where you will be on the next page. In your case, you were at the bottom of the list, so that is where it scrolls to.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 21, 2014

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Ardlen posted:

It places you in the same location as the previous page. For example, if you are midway down the list of threads, that is where you will be on the next page. In your case, you were at the bottom of the list, so that is where it scrolls to.

Yeah, is that something that can be easily fixed? It seems counter-intuitive, but it's not exactly the biggest pain in the world so I'm fine if it can't.

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.
Is there a reason why Lowtax's forumwide announcements don't show in the app?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What is causing these black bars to appear every now and then? It makes browsing impossible and it sends to happen a lot.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Tabachinova posted:

Is there a reason why Lowtax's forumwide announcements don't show in the app?

Announcements aren't threads so the app doesn't parse them. We could probably do that but nobody has bothered yet.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What is causing these black bars to appear every now and then? It makes browsing impossible and it sends to happen a lot.

If I knew what is causing them they wouldn't show up for long. If you want to do me a favor (and they show up frequently for you) try out the Something app and see if it happens there too

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Möjïbäkë reminder :greencube:

Edit: if you edit a mojibake post the mojibake reproduces itself!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

spankmeister posted:

Möjïbäkë reminder :greencube:

Edit: if you edit a mojibake post the mojibake reproduces itself!

Test

Hobo Grandpa
Aug 22, 2014

"Trigger" is my trigger word.
Seems to be working swimmingly on my Nexus 4 running latest firmware. Thanks for the app. Now I can feel awful on the go!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Cross-referencing from the "Technical Thread": http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657588&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post434085467

They (Lowtax, Son of Radium) are working on a mobile version of the site.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Cross-referencing from the "Technical Thread": http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657588&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post434085467

They (Lowtax, Son of Radium) are working on a mobile version of the site.

"They" have been working on a mobile site and/or app since before Awful.app existed. The coder has plenty of other more pressing things to attend to and besides, I'm sure he'll last as long as the last few staff who've been brought on.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

This is what happens when I try to use emotes.

I'm running the android L preview.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Unclean009 posted:

I'm running the android L preview.

I'm pretty sure your phone is a Playstation

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
I think L is trolling you...

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
When I post in the Scandinavian thread in BYOB using traditional Scandinavian letters like Æ, Ø, and Å, they turn into mojibake. Example here - the last word in that post should've been "nordpå".

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yes please please fix the mojibake.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Since I am not pressing the next page arrow 27 times to see if this has been asked already : Why on gods green earth was the "go to page" function removed?!?

Purely by accident I discovered it is now accessed by clicking the page number. Regardless: :fork:

Rime fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 15, 2014

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Don't you still just press on the current page number on the bottom and then it pops up the page chooser?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Rime posted:

Since I am not pressing the next page arrow 27 times to see if this has been asked already : Why on gods green earth was the "go to page" function removed?!?

Purely by accident I discovered it is now accessed by clicking the page number. Regardless: :fork:

It has always been accessible that way. I had no idea there was a Go To Page option until everybody whined about it being removed.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I just submitted 3.1.1 to Google Play.

Mostly I fixed the mojibake that plagued the non english-speaking or £-typing users of this forum.

I also reenabled Youtube embedding on Kitkat devices. It was turned of because on Kitkat devices it caused the page to be reloaded over and over again. If this happens to you now please turn embedding off in the options. You can find it under Settings->Posts->Embed videos.

After finishing a few projects and a thesis I should have more time again now. At least on weekends.

Link to the 3.1.1 Apk

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Möjîbàké tëśtíng

Thank you for your continued efforts with this app. :)

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Sereri posted:

I just submitted 3.1.1 to Google Play.

Mostly I fixed the mojibake that plagued the non english-speaking or £-typing users of this forum.

I also reenabled Youtube embedding on Kitkat devices. It was turned of because on Kitkat devices it caused the page to be reloaded over and over again. If this happens to you now please turn embedding off in the options. You can find it under Settings->Posts->Embed videos.

After finishing a few projects and a thesis I should have more time again now. At least on weekends.

Link to the 3.1.1 Apk

Any chance of bringing back the bookmarks shortcut as an option?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Swiping left/right has pretty much replaced it in my muscle memory at this point, so I don't really mind either way whether or not the button comes back.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Thank you, awful app guy, for letting us scandinavians write to eachother properly again! :smoobles:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ulvir posted:

Thank you, awful app guy, for letting us scandinavians write to eachother properly again! :smoobles:

same but dutch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

ulvir posted:

Same but German