Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Yuming gave me a very nice compliment D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wow i just wasted all this time reading what yuming said about kells d1 (nothing)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
2 minutes now.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I don't want to be the person to drop the hammer twice, but I am really thining about it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

teach me to hurry

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
yuming could quite possible be a bad dude. Any other final gut calls?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
The navelgazing post was my tongue-in-cheek impression of forums mafia as an outsider. Do you consider "everyone is bad at mafia" discouragimg scumhunting?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

I don't want to be the person to drop the hammer twice, but I am really thining about it

##vote kells

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
because my minnnnnnd is telling me nooo

ffffffffffffffffuck you foo!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kellsterik posted:

Yuming gave me a very nice compliment D1.
Did I?

I like my case now I LOVE IT!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
you said you liked the newbies...the comedy is finished. *fades away...*

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Kellsterik!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kellsterik posted:

you said you liked the newbies...the comedy is finished. *fades away...*
I like you Kell <3

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Kellsterik, Nasir “Redeye” Oric, Town-Aligned Oneiromancer was lynched day two!

Role information as follows.

Role posted:

Any of the following abilities become available to you on the night in question. on their and the resulting conditions will occur, until you submit ##sleep as a night action. This is a self-targeted action that cannot be blocked and using it will take away both your powers and their adverse effects for the rest of the game.

Night 1 - You can see the results of one players investigation(track, watch, investigate, etc.) if any, but you will investigate as scum if you are not scum already from this point forward.
Night 2 - You may send an anonymous message to any player of your choosing, Any targeted actions taken by that player will fail that night.
Night 3 - You may redirect another player’s action to a target of your choice. It is -1 to lynch every subsequent day
Night 4 - You may investigate another player. You cannot vote from this point on.
Night 5 - You are bulletproof and will block the first kill targeted against you. The game is now majority lynch.

Night time!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
All night actions received. Will try to open the thread in the next hour.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No flavor in interest of getting this thread up when I said I would. Sorry folks!

Juanito, Nelly “Bodybag” Cage, Town-Aligned Entropomancer died night two! His role functions as follows.

During the night phase, you may choose to play Russian Roulette. You submit ##roulette and a number. I will roll a die, and if the number you selected comes up, you die. If your number does not come up, you gain a single regular night kill that you use by submitting ##kill player. Night kills cannot be banked, you may only have one at a time. You cannot play roulette and use a kill in the same night.

yuming, George “Whoopee” Hamlin, Mafia-Aligned Fool died night two! Her role functions as follows.

If you end the day without being voted once, you are Bulletproof the following night.

If you survive the day after being put one vote away from death, you are lynchproof for the next day.

Final Vote Count for D2

Votecount for Day 2

Kellsterik (6): yuming, Savahontas, Captain Foo, Juanito, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, busb, busb, Captain Foo, chaoslord, Asiina, Captain Foo
yuming (0): Asiina, Strong Mouse, Strong Mouse, Asiina
busb (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (5): busb, Elephant, fiery_valkyrie, Kellsterik, Strong Mouse

Day Three Begins!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm still suspicious of busb.

##vote busb

I'll write my case up in more detail when I get home.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
:ghost: I was actually enjoying being scum~ :ghost:

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
So is it 5 votes to lynch or 4, with an even number of people?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's 6.

It says so on the votefinder thing in the OP.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Aren't there only 8 people alive though

yuming, tearshed, juanito, chaoslord, and kell are dead. 13-5=8

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ah, then yeah with 8 it's 5 to lynch.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

busb (1): fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (7): Asiina, busb, Captain Foo, chaoslord, Elephant, Savahontas, Strong Mouse

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 25th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 4 days.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Somberbrero :argh:

I'll read yuming later today.

I'm town though etc.

thoughts now, smashed at work currently.

towny: Asiina, Savahontas
??: Foo, Chaoslord, Strong Mouse
Scummy: Elephant, Fiery

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

well yuming flipping scum provides asiina with town cred imo. gonna try to do as much as I can tonight because i'm going on vacation over the long weekend and won't be posting much if at all until maybe sunday evening/monday probs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

busb posted:

I'm town though etc.

why even post this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

busb posted:

yuming could quite possible be a bad dude. Any other final gut calls?

seems like distancing at the hammer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kellsterik posted:

But I also think [yuming] found an easy target in my semi-lurking rear end and built up momentum over the course of the day for a lynch. Her case says to me "I need a townie to lynch, you'll do." She's been set on me all day with a fairly weak case that I don't believe she deduced in good faith.

yuming posted:

Don't like the late vote on the tearshed train.

Also, the reference to the earlier post reads self-conscious, over-explain-y, ergo: scummy.

##vote Kellsterik

yuming posted:

Even though roles were randomized for alignment I don't think this fits in with a scumteam with tearshed's role.

I think Elephant is town.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Captain Foo posted:

seems like distancing at the hammer

Sure because i knew yuming was going to die??

I think i'm just going to claim now anyway, because my role is pretty useless.

I'm a cop if i have the first post of the day. I managed to get the first post of Day 1 and investigated Savahontas N1 and got a not mafia result.

It's basically impossible for me to get the first post of the day given timezones etc and i can't afford to sit and monitor the thread.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Strong Mouse posted:

Aren't there only 8 people alive though

yuming, tearshed, juanito, chaoslord, and kell are dead. 13-5=8

I'm not dead!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I am back to my original conviction that elephant is scum ##vote elephant back in a bit to explain my thought process

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

okay pieces of the puzzle that I put together in various orders:

=> yuming spends most of d1 AND d2 trying to get asiina lynched, only falling onto elephant when it seems likely that's the direction things will go. d2 rolls around and she tries to deflect people away from elephant, strongly relying on the claim - which we've so far conceded but not proven to be true - and that the mod would have balanced that role away from scum. That's pretty thin.

=> i was strongly suspicious of elephant D1 for reasons I've already been over, and his last post was three days ago trying to dissuade people from analyzing the D1 votes - as already pointed out, the votes were easily the biggest thing for us to go on at that point in the game

=> chaoslorde hasn't done anything to seem at all scummy since his effort post where I - and I think most of us - conceded he was town.

=> strong mouse has basically seemed like a first-game player, and I'm still not willing to call him scum

=> fv is still scummy but atm i think elephant is worse given yuming's attempt to deflect attention off of him

finally

=> i believe busb's claim right here. It's a clearing investigation claim; doesn't throw anyone under the bus. Also, in a 13p game I'd expect 3-scum, so it doesn't make sense for him to try to cover a fellow scum (because there isn't one), and the claim does sounds like earnestly disheartened town. also his first post on d2 is talking to sav for w/e that's worth

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm not disheartened! Just realised that it's going to be basically impossible for me to be able to use my role, so i'm treating myself as a vanilla with a 1shot investigation which i have no reason to hide anymore.

The only thing is that the last scum could be a godfather, or i could be naive, given we've had another investigative role already flip.

I have no reason to believe this is the case from my flavour but it's possible.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

busb posted:

I'm not disheartened! Just realised that it's going to be basically impossible for me to be able to use my role, so i'm treating myself as a vanilla with a 1shot investigation which i have no reason to hide anymore.

The only thing is that the last scum could be a godfather, or i could be naive, given we've had another investigative role already flip.

I have no reason to believe this is the case from my flavour but it's possible.

yeah i didn't mean disheartened with the game, just your ability to further use your role

also, good points about your investigation results, but sav hasn't seemed scummy up to now, either

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Is anyone going to claim the yuming kill last night or shall we assume it was Juanito?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Juanito posted:

Yeah, I think you're right..

This is Juanito's last mention/comment on yuming. Not sure Juanito would have killed her is why i'm asking.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Juanito posted:

Because everybody loves rolls

:goonsay:

well i was looking back on juanito and found this very early breadcrumb, but i sort of agree with you busb, it doesn't look like juanito was going in that direction

then again, who can say what he was thinking

I guess the options would be Juanito, other NK, or redirected scum NK (which seems the least likely but the funniest)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i mean it could get pretty convoluted as well, with some other combination of blocked kill and redirected kill

so if nobody claims it I think we go with :iiam: but I don't know how much it really matters outside of a claim on the kill

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Okay I'll probably check back in the morning before I head out but I suspect this has been the bulk of my posting for most of the next few days :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I'm in Austin for the weekend so I'm going to be limited posting.

This is probably okay as I have been very very wrong so far.

• Locked thread