Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Coffee And Pie posted:

Ekol Viper 9mm, with 6" barrel. It shoots blank rounds only (basically it's a prop gun) so it's practically impossible to hurt anyone with it. I am fully aware that it is dorky and probably a waste of money, but I wanted a toy that goes bang, and I'm a goddamn adult, so I bought one.

Buy some earplugs, blanks can be loving loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Where on earth can you fire that where you wouldn't be able to fire a real gun or a pellet gun?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Ekol Viper 9mm, with 6" barrel. It shoots blank rounds only (basically it's a prop gun) so it's practically impossible to hurt anyone with it.

Except Brandon Lee.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Scarf posted:

Buy some earplugs, blanks can be loving loud.

Yeah, I'm planning on being super careful, plus they sell "half-loads" which are a little quieter.

bunnielab posted:

Where on earth can you fire that where you wouldn't be able to fire a real gun or a pellet gun?

That's a good question, I don't really know yet though. At the very least, it's cheaper/less deadly than a real gun.

Aphrodite posted:

Except Brandon Lee.

That's why you don't put real bullets in it, even without the powder!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Really though, don't suicide-by-cop because that's pretty much the jerkiest way to go and that's basically all the gun is meant for.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's also the most :rock: way to go.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

Logitech G930. I'm pretty happy with it so far. The sound is really good, and it isn't as heavy as I was expecting it to be.

FredLordofCheese
Aug 16, 2005

Hey there, here's your pizza, may I ask why you are wearing that sheer robe?

Cuniculous posted:

Logitech G930. I'm pretty happy with it so far. The sound is really good, and it isn't as heavy as I was expecting it to be.

I have had one for 2 years now, best gaming headphones I have ever owned. The sound quality is amazing and the voice modulation is awesome for annoying the poo poo out of people with.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

Ekol Viper 9mm, with 6" barrel. It shoots blank rounds only (basically it's a prop gun) so it's practically impossible to hurt anyone with it. I am fully aware that it is dorky and probably a waste of money, but I wanted a toy that goes bang, and I'm a goddamn adult, so I bought one.

Why not return it and get one that can shoot bullets? You can still fire blanks out of it, but also use it to enjoy the great and useful hobby that is target shooting (if you wanted to). Also, ain't no robber/rabid dog/North Korean invader getting stopped with a blank.

Unless you are using it to suicide by cop like Bip Roberts said, in which case :shrug:

Content: Bought a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
New stained glass rig I bought of an really loving old lady

180$ - pretty much robbed her

Flux
~20 pounds of high quality craft Glass
~30 pounds of okay glass
3 pliers
Glass cutter
Glass snipper
Grinder [Wizard, very good model]
Homemade Work Board -made by me Ft. 1x ninety degree angle
Paint brushes for the flux
Solder
Solder Iron
Sketch paper
Glue stick
Copper Foil (old and lost its stickyness)

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

App13 posted:

Why not return it and get one that can shoot bullets? You can still fire blanks out of it, but also use it to enjoy the great and useful hobby that is target shooting (if you wanted to). Also, ain't no robber/rabid dog/North Korean invader getting stopped with a blank.

Unless you are using it to suicide by cop like Bip Roberts said, in which case :shrug:

Content: Bought a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPdVYVIlccA

preorder. Never been a fan of the CIV games perhaps this one will change my mind.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Ekol Viper 9mm, with 6" barrel. It shoots blank rounds only (basically it's a prop gun) so it's practically impossible to hurt anyone with it.
I don't know anything about guns but FYI I think I've heard that blanks can be deadly at close range.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Cuniculous posted:

I enjoy mine but I should warn you I've had issues with the headset repeatedly "restarting" even during use for some unknown reason and it's gotten to the point that I will most likely not buy another 930 headset if these break.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Vier posted:

preorder. Never been a fan of the CIV games perhaps this one will change my mind.

Holy poo poo when is this coming out?

My free time has it's days counted...

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Admittedly I'm not a gun enthusiast but I don't understand what you do with a prop gun. Are you going to make movies with it or something? Do you use it to mark the start of races? When you fire it... what are you firing at?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

Admittedly I'm not a gun enthusiast but I don't understand what you do with a prop gun. Are you going to make movies with it or something? Do you use it to mark the start of races? When you fire it... what are you firing at?

Props.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

mystes posted:

I don't know anything about guns but FYI I think I've heard that blanks can be deadly at close range.

Jon-Erik Hexum would agree with this. If he were still alive, that is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

This stuff works ridiculously well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

davebo posted:

You get 3 or 4 other people with prop guns and play cops and robbers or cowboys and indians or you just own a prop gun and go "This is awesome, and has the ability to make a loud loving noise when I want it to."

I own a black powder pistol that's a replica of the colt from Supernatural, and while I will probably never load up black powder and actually try to kill a demon (or a target, or anything) it's still nice to have a metal gun that "feels real". You can always buy an airsoft springer if you just want something gun shaped, but when it comes to props and prop collecting, having something that feels realistic vs something that just feels like plastic is worth the extra cash. Even if that cash is going towards a dust magnet on the shelf.

gently caress it, the dude is an adult and wants something that can go bang, he bought something that can go bang. Not everything needs a reason to do.

Hell, I just sunk cash into a brass replica of a dragon priest dagger from Skyrim. I don't plan on stabbing anyone with it, but hey, gently caress it I wanted it and it looks cool so I decided to get it. I'm an adult and can have sharp things.

C&P - nthing the "use earplugs when you shoot that thing" even if it's half loads. Those fuckers can be LOUD. Also , don't be a retard and fire it in an apartment or some place the cops will be called.

Content - bought 2 kinects, one to use for 3d scanning and one to use as a kinect so I can join the REALM OF THE FUTURE and yell poo poo at my xbox 360.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Should I buy a Brita water pitcher or should I buy a Pur 2-Stage pitcher?

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
(Not my pic) Try to guess which suburb of St. Louis I live near...

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ah killing black people is in season yea

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

colas posted:

Because I've always wanted to wait 8 hours for coffee.

I... I keep seeing Tom Servo in this thing.

Now I kind of want one, and I don't even drink coffee.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Should I buy a Brita water pitcher or should I buy a Pur 2-Stage pitcher?

In my experience, the Pur filters are more expensive but I like the taste of the water more. Totally possible I'm imagining it, but I've owned both, so there you go.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

I... I keep seeing Tom Servo in this thing.

Now I kind of want one, and I don't even drink coffee.

Oh Wow you are so right. Awesome. Now I want one even more than before.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It was a cross between "Holy gently caress that is cute" and "god drat I have no willpower" and "Holy poo poo it's on sale" that got me.

I don't even watch the show. Just the idea of a giant teddy bear gundam makes me laugh :3:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sup expensive japanese plastic buddy. :respek:

I've been wanting to do a bunch of custom repaints and kitbashes for a while, and I had some extra cash from a paycheck bonus so I went whole hog. Got the whole batch for way less than Amazon prices thanks to folks liquidating their stock though, saved about 200 bucks in total.

I also picked up this so I can get my bike time in without running to the gym.

Also got some weights and an exercise ball too, just for variety.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh, he wasn't too bad. 21$ and free prime shipping.

I did see a 300$ model of that GIGANTIC loving gunship from Gundam Seed 08 or whatever it was. Damned thing is in 1/144 scale and is still over 3 feet long. I want it so bad but a: have no money for something like that, and b: have no place to PUT something like that.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Ah the (questionable) joy of car ownership: Repairs! I have a bunch of stuff to fix on my Ford Ka, but I lacked the proper tools to do pretty much anything bigger. Time to buy a socket set!

I'm not too sure how strong these universal sockets are, but it came with a 10 year warranty so if something breaks I can always get a new one. Also the car has a mixture of hex and torx bolts, so having a set that works on both types is nice.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

JointHorse posted:

Ah the (questionable) joy of car ownership: Repairs! I have a bunch of stuff to fix on my Ford Ka, but I lacked the proper tools to do pretty much anything bigger. Time to buy a socket set!

I'm not too sure how strong these universal sockets are, but it came with a 10 year warranty so if something breaks I can always get a new one. Also the car has a mixture of hex and torx bolts, so having a set that works on both types is nice.

Don't worry, I imagine the bolts will fail long before your tools. The questionable joy of car repair indeed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

JointHorse posted:

I'd be more worried about rounding off bolt heads with all of those 12 point sockets...

boz
Oct 16, 2005

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I enjoy mine but I should warn you I've had issues with the headset repeatedly "restarting" even during use for some unknown reason and it's gotten to the point that I will most likely not buy another 930 headset if these break.

Have you tried using a toothpick and pressing the tiny reset button next to the usb port? I do that every few months and it fixes the problem for me.

Another good thing about this headset is that is plug and play with the PS4. You won't get surround but it's not bad.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

Geoj posted:

I'd be more worried about rounding off bolt heads with all of those 12 point sockets...

Funny you should say that, because one of the selling points for these sockets is that they can still grab & turn rounded off bolts :v:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Narciss posted:

(Not my pic) Try to guess which suburb of St. Louis I live near...

gently caress you. use it to kill yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Cuniculous posted:

Since they are wireless, is there any issue with noise/hissing when audio is quiet or not present?

Caffeinated Bacon
May 23, 2007
That's enough motive, I suppose, to make a man dress like Dracula and assault criminals

TenementFunster posted:

gently caress you. use it to kill yourself.

That doesn't sound like something someone who is gay for guns would say.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

Ragequit posted:

Since they are wireless, is there any issue with noise/hissing when audio is quiet or not present?

I have a set of these. Mine has a very faint electrical whine when sound isn't playing.

Really wish the battery life was better. They'll work all day long if I'm just browsing the internet or youtube, but if I'm gaming they'll die in about 3-4 hours.

I guess its also good, cause you should probably go outside after 3-4 of straight video games.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Preordered A Legend of Zelda Monopolybecause I'm a loving dork

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
You should buy the gamestop version, same price but exclusive stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace944
Jan 28, 2009

Ragequit posted:

Mine work great, the only problem I had was the sound would crackle with loud noises but rolling back to an older version of their gaming driver fixed the problem.