Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

quote:

WWE2k15 is just WWE2k14 again

And that's why everyone should play SuperCard, the game that doesn't disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
John Cena's neon shirts just make it doubly apparent that the crowd consists of three models repeated infinitely.

I love Super Card except my brain still doesn't want to accept that CM Punk is no longer part of the WWE world and his lack of cards makes me face the truth.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tato posted:

John Cena's neon shirts just make it doubly apparent that the crowd consists of three models repeated infinitely.
There's really no other way of doing it. It's been CGI standard since the 90's (I remember when it was a new innovation for artificially populating stadiums). Every sports game does it. It's just that most sports games have much less static cameras and don't get nearly as close to the crowd.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's really no other way of doing it. It's been CGI standard since the 90's (I remember when it was a new innovation for artificially populating stadiums). Every sports game does it. It's just that most sports games have much less static cameras and don't get nearly as close to the crowd.

Yeah but the devs said they're going to have different models wearing different clothes so if you see the same shirt twice it won't be the same dude and if you see the same dude twice they won't have the same shirt.

Obviously it either hasn't been implemented or the devs are full of the same poo poo THQ was.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I will be the first to bash a WWE game, but the animations are pretty different and new. There's lots of little differences that are pretty obvious to me. It has the same broad idea, but there's a few nice additions that make him look more human.

I really love Justin Roberts in those. They're finally letting announcers be themselves instead of robots. The power of next gen!!!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Nothing like working your entire way through a tableau, only to end up with a Speed Boost. I'm a bit insulted. (Especially since I'm almost past the Super Rare ++ tier, and I've drawn a total of eight SR cards. Three of those were Alberto del Rio.)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Astro7x posted:

Wow... zero effort in changing up that entrance. I realize the models look better, but it's identical to WWE 2K14, which was identical to WWE 13

YouTube Doubler

Which was identical to the one before it, and the one before that and the one before that.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Mayostard posted:

It's funny how they talked about adding the flashing lights to Randy Orton's entrance, but they aren't in sync with the music.

poo poo like that has always driven me crazy in wrestling games. Little details that they could easily fix, but they don't either because they aren't big enough fans to notice or they just don't care.

Did they fix the glitch in Supercard? I can't play a card twice anymore

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just want the isolated cat calling from WWF Warzone back in my crowds... too much to ask?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Astro7x posted:

I just want the isolated cat calling from WWF Warzone back in my crowds... too much to ask?

King of Colosseum 2 accurately simulated the isolated squeals of "Kentaaaaaa"

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

triplexpac posted:

Did they fix the glitch in Supercard? I can't play a card twice anymore

Seems like it. That little arrow downloading icon on the title screen? That's what did it, I think. My buddy says it's still working for him, but once that completes it'll be gone, I bet.

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana
Yes, someone posted bout it in the official forums earlier. Thanks to that person :bahgawd:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I got into such a groove only playing my super powered Big Show card, now I have to like re-learn my routine haha.

Interesting they could fix that glitch without requiring an actual update from the App Store.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

Wow... zero effort in changing up that entrance. I realize the models look better, but it's identical to WWE 2K14, which was identical to WWE 13

So is Randy Orton.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Blandy borton! Same anims or not watching the YouTube doubler is amazing. What absolute SHITE we've been handed graphically on the 360 gen, even if you had the same models and changed the lighting it would of looked miles better.

I've noticed some animations are more snappy/quicker? Look at john cena while orton enters, and especially the few gameplay vids. Hopefully this will mean slightly quicker movement.

I played rey mysterio vs xpac on 2k14 and it was lovely to move around so quickly.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Orton's body in 2K15 has slight body twitches that are different. The 2K14 one's hands are always cupped, but in 2K15 his fingers move around a lot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Goldust animation even has the exact same commentators talking at each other constantly animation that every game ever has.

What a steaming pile.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They claim they've redone almost all the commentary but they just couldn't fit that into the short demo build that hs been doing the rounds.

That said, we're coming up to releae and they've had the nerve to release still screenshots and pre-order details but they still will not release any official gameplay footage. The fact that every match has been taken via phone camera off the gamescom show floor should give you a big red flashing warning sign that neither developer nor publisher has any faith in this game at all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What is "Use of Tobacco" in the rating? Old school Sandman entrance? :v:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

If I had to hazard a guess, there's probably some cutscene type deal where someone can smoke.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

wat

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sticklefifer posted:

Won't happen, but old school goldust+Marlena, perhaps.

Comedy option: heel r-truth

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Won't happen, but old school goldust+Marlena, perhaps.

Comedy option: heel r-truth

THAT'S ILLEGAL *clap-clap-clapclapclap*

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Isn't there an entrance with someone smoking a cigar? I'm almost certain that was a thing.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Skunkrocker posted:

Isn't there an entrance with someone smoking a cigar? I'm almost certain that was a thing.

One of the Create-a-Finisher poses is smoking a cigar before a powerbomb.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Took second place in a KotR. Two SR Rocks for my trouble. Looks like the dude who beat me restored his energy one match after I did, or I would've taken first.

Whatever, I don't really need a rare support card so it's all cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

YouTube Doubler

I don't necessarily mind them using the same entrance animations since once a guy has his entrance down, that's pretty much it. The animation itself doesn't look bad in the new version.

I will say, though, that I'm stoked Cena is in the ring during Orton's entrance. I didn't play 2K14 at all, but I'm pretty sure '13 still had the opponent either disappear completely or just stand outside of the ring during his opponent's entrance? I've always hated that.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
In 2k14 they would either stand or do the Brock dance outside the ring, I think in front of the commentary table, implying that they got into the ring during their entrance and then left the ring, then got back in.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't necessarily mind them using the same entrance animations since once a guy has his entrance down, that's pretty much it. The animation itself doesn't look bad in the new version.

I will say, though, that I'm stoked Cena is in the ring during Orton's entrance. I didn't play 2K14 at all, but I'm pretty sure '13 still had the opponent either disappear completely or just stand outside of the ring during his opponent's entrance? I've always hated that.

You know I never even noticed that? That's a nice touch there. Yeah, them standing next to the announce table looked stupid as poo poo.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
In Super Card, will KOTR boosts/training take effect for matches within a current game? Or does nothing actually count until the next game? I'm always wondering if I should bother keeping tabs on a game once it starts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think I've hit a break point in Supercard. I'm at SR++ and once I get the last two levels on my SR Cena my entire roster will be maxed out and also be my highest possible stat combination.

Also, on the 2K forums they started working on a spreadsheet for the card stats at max level (pro cards listed are if you max the non-pros before combining). I copied it over to my own for better formatting because they were sorting it by name instead of stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eniVv8lTf4fUmA5pawq28jacc3qeojI99gi9_jEnUHg/edit#gid=751055890

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

My game's RNG has NJPW in a bit of a slump right now, it seems like their gates are fluctuating a bit and getting good-not-great show grades for a fed of their size.

They could turn it around tho

Meanwhile NXT is snapping up my top guys >:( just PPA at this point, but still.

Also the game is fantasy booking itself cuz Dolph Ziggler just went over Brock in the Summerslam main event. Maybe it's this RW mod?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

Also the game is fantasy booking itself cuz Dolph Ziggler just went over Brock in the Summerslam main event. Maybe it's this RW mod?

In my TEW, Slater and McIntyre just went over the team of Triple H and Brock Lesnar on Smackdown, so not really.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Source: WrestleSlam420.tripod.com

You should send this to a few NEWZ~*! sites and see how far it goes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

In my TEW, Slater and McIntyre just went over the team of Triple H and Brock Lesnar on Smackdown, so not really.

Your TEW is the best TEW.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm to the SR++ tier now in SuperCard and um I don't know where all the Super Rare cards went. I keep drawing KOTR boosts and, and best, a Rare card. It's a tad frustrating.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
On supercard, are you guys using mostly left and right blue alignment guys? It seems like there are way less yellow up and down guys, and since they don't mesh with my four key guys building any of them is pointless.

I got a Rare Pro Edge, SR Hogan, rare Rey and Warrior, and SR Eva. With this lineup I can team Edge and Rey for speed, Hogan and Warrior for charisma, etc. But any yellow guys I get gently caress with the flow so they end up being pointless.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

On supercard, are you guys using mostly left and right blue alignment guys? It seems like there are way less yellow up and down guys, and since they don't mesh with my four key guys building any of them is pointless.

I got a Rare Pro Edge, SR Hogan, rare Rey and Warrior, and SR Eva. With this lineup I can team Edge and Rey for speed, Hogan and Warrior for charisma, etc. But any yellow guys I get gently caress with the flow so they end up being pointless.

For the most part I just don't worry about that now, because I either throw a boost at it to counter the point penalty or just make sure my cards are good enough that it isn't an issue. It's only caused me to lose a few times, but even then that's one match out of three, so I'm not super worried.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I use 2 pairs, all SRs. Andre and Batista (soon to be replaced by Big Show) who are yellow then Del Rio and Vince who are blue. Got some URs to level up too, but I don't think they are better then my current cards. Back to grinding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Now that I'm in the UR+ tier, it would be nice if drawing a Rare didn't reset the table.