Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

okay .... so it's a coin flip

Ras how are you taking away that from this post? I seriously don't understand and for once I don't feel like I'm the one wrong here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

I recall a game where Mikujin and I made this same argument players refused to vote winvirus because "HE IS FUNNY AS TOWN OMG!"

You have to look more at the nuance and motivation in his actions. His actions here aren't pro-town. That is my whole point.

From my standpoint, he got cpig to slip up, so I think his play is fine, as long as the expectation isn't that he will post a whole lot, I think he is doing better for the town than most players.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rascyc posted:

Half the thread isn't pro town at this point
When winvirus does funny things as town he does it either (a) harmlessly or (b) to further cases on players he thinks are scummy.

I don't believe he thinks anyone is scummy this game he is just sowing chaos. THAT IS SCUMMY.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Rarity are you still here?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE WRONG JAKEP?

my balls are a little sore, but that might not have anything to do with this game

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Because you said he fucks around as both scum/town. Aside from that all I'm reading is "he reads fake as poo poo to me", but his post history is tiny.

I feel like your case is completely upside down because you PR confirmed Cpig somehow and that makes you think Win specifically targeted a town for his antics, as opposed to Cpig himself.

Just a reminder you literally shot at Cpig based on Win's claim and now you've flipped a 180 and are reciting his posts in a scummy light. It's a 50/50 to me because you are deep in bias territory imo when you take away the "win is joking" meta.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Winvirus is doing the same poo poo that got CE lynched. CE made up some bullshit, got called out on it, and retracted.

Winvirus made up a post by rarity, got called on it repeatedly, and was all hat-in-hand "oh gawrsh silly me mafia is hard :shobon:"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yuming posted:

Rarity are you still here?

Yes.

I'll throw in a vote on winvirus if that's the town consensus. I would prefer Somber/Cpig/kilran but I doubt there's much chance of that happening at this point.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##unvote ##vote cpig

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Anyone have any idea about the Prendota/Jocasta/Zosia faction system? Do factions = alignment, or just flavour?

Cpig and Rarity, the only two to claim, both claimed Prendota.

Does ecco normally provide scum with fakeclaims?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

##unvote ##vote cpig

Hey jakep, I have important information for you.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Winvirus made up a post by rarity, got called on it repeatedly, and was all hat-in-hand "oh gawrsh silly me mafia is hard :shobon:"
where did this first part happen, I'm not seeing it in his history

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey jakep, I have important information for you.

ill vote someone else if i win my next wrestling match

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

JakeP posted:

##unvote ##vote cpig
don't do this

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
winvirus also claimed predota in one of his first posts.

Ras one sec, I'll find it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

ill vote someone else if i win my next wrestling match

The important information is that you are dumb and wrong.

Also, I have integrity as a promoter and I will do what is best for the company and the fans, I can not be bribed.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i have no integretiyy and will sell my vote

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tearshed posted:

Anyone have any idea about the Prendota/Jocasta/Zosia faction system? Do factions = alignment, or just flavour?

Cpig and Rarity, the only two to claim, both claimed Prendota.

Does ecco normally provide scum with fakeclaims?
My guess is they're significant. Prendota is town, though. So of course scum would have it as a fake claim.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

don't do this

y

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I'd vote Keane for trying to start a turbo on me. Trying to save Rarity?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
One of the few things I could envision is winny claiming cop AFTER a cop has flipped just to see if he could get away with it, that's about it so far

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Rarity's roleclaim says nothing in terms of alignment. Flavour, maybe (hence why I asked about flavour earlier).

Re: meta. The only Rarity I know is Rarity from civ2 mafia where she was scum and I'm reading her exactly the same here re: weak/fake casing on other players.

Has anyone here played with town rarity before, and how does she normally play town?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Cuz I'm not scum lul

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think we have a potential PR confirmed town bloc but it's kinda goofy to explain with Somber being all super coy about his half

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Does rarities role even work as town? Can scum kill her? Sounds like a 3P thing

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Juanito posted:

I'd vote Keane for trying to start a turbo on me. Trying to save Rarity?

Yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tearshed posted:

Has anyone here played with town rarity before, and how does she normally play town?

Everyone thinks I'm scum then too :(

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
can't wait for her to flip scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Juanito posted:

can't wait for her to flip scum

Well then she's scum and I was wrong.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

JakeP posted:

Does rarities role even work as town? Can scum kill her? Sounds like a 3P thing
The role that rarity claimed is identical (minus the roleblock part) to "Absorber", which was a town role in Met's "Role Madness" game.

Now that you mention it, does this mean rarity is NK-proof? She can still be dayvigged. Rarity confirm/deny.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I think I am going to vote rarity because I don't see how that role could possibly work as town

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
K, I'll claim.

I'm a 10 shot bp/10 shot lp/10 shot cop/10 shot doc/10 shot vig

I can use all on the same night

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Ecco would not put a NK proof town in his game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

K, I'll claim.

I'm a 10 shot bp/10 shot lp/10 shot cop/10 shot doc/10 shot vig

I can use all on the same night

All 10 shots?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
ACTUALLY

Met is in this game. And could've given rarity the idea to fakeclaim this role. And he is scum with her!! Whoa.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
So could Opop!!!!!!1

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

"ooh ho ho ho anything i say doesn't matter it's joke!!" - scum, every time, every game, forever.

Rarity posted:

winvirus, if it's ok for you to defend yourself for jokeposting then why is it scummy when I do the same?

winvirus posted:

You can make jokes in mafia game but I felt your joke was scummy

Rarity posted:

Please show me which joke in particular you are referring to, as opposed to the rest of the jokes I made.

winvirus posted:

I'm reading back on my phone and I could've sworn there was a post I didn't like

But apparently I was hallucinating. That, combined with me actually missing your question and you not just flat dropping suspicion on me is enough for me to admit I Was Wrong About 9/11 (Rarity)

Rascyc posted:

I think we have a potential PR confirmed town bloc but it's kinda goofy to explain with Somber being all super coy about his half

ras oh my god please stop.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

Can scum kill her?

Yes, but not straight away. I'm 1-shot bulletproof to make up for not getting protection. I didn't say cause I figured I could get scum to waste a night-kill.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Yes, but not straight away. I'm 1-shot bulletproof to make up for not getting protection. I didn't say cause I figured I could get scum to waste a night-kill.
I don't think they make bandaids big enough to patch up your claim at this point....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Rascyc posted:

So could Opop!!!!!!1
Oh right I guess any player could've. I was assuming that the mod of the game would be the one coming up with fakeclaim ideas.

But now that you mention it, I also have a scum read on Opop. Everything is coming together now...

• Locked thread