Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

Honestly if you were GRRM, would you write?

Dunno. Were I in my sunset years and a freshly-minted celebrity, writing would probably take a back seat to enjoying myself. I just wouldn't waddle around saying the books are a priority or insisting conventions and appearances are work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
The 'I have to take my time to do it well' argument has to confront the fact that he wrote the three good books really fast and the two bad books really slowly.

dhn
May 28, 2004
Dog dick of anubis
http://twitter.com/GRRMspeaking/status/503307731814854657

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
GRRM invented ice buckets.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Still can't stop talking about football.

tehk posted:

Has GRRM ever admitted to being a Oasis fan? I have this theory that the entire plot of Jon on the wall is based on the song Wonderwall as sung by The Wall to Jon

and lol

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I don't understand why he ran off like that. Aren't walrus' thick layers of blubber supposed to insulate them? :confused:

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I don't understand why he ran off like that. Aren't walrus' thick layers of blubber supposed to insulate them? :confused:

Ran? He can RUN?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Much like his word processor, the quality on that camera is straight out of the 80s.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
If I were GURM, I would hire a chef and a personal trainer to help me lose 75-100 lbs.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
You'd also want to get a haircut amd lose the beard. Get less goofy glasses. Lose the suspenders. Heck, get some clothes that don't lool like they haven't beem washed for a year. Lose the hat.

Man, GRRM is just so frumpy looking.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

His beard baffles me. How can he look at his wispy, disgusting pube-beard and think "yes, this is how I want to present myself"? It's not hiding his watery jowls at all, which is usually why fat dudes grow a beard. If he just grabbed a clipper, set it 7/8", and went to town, I think he'd look better. And get some more modern glasses; dude looks like he wishes he were Bruce Boxleitner in Tron.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

You'd also want to get a haircut amd lose the beard. Get less goofy glasses. Lose the suspenders. Heck, get some clothes that don't lool like they haven't beem washed for a year. Lose the hat.

Man, GRRM is just so frumpy looking.

He lost the hat. Maybe ... maybe a man can change even this late in life? TWOW Spring 2017! A boy can hope.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Looks like he broke both ankles jumping into the pool afterward. Too bad his computer isn't wheelchair accessible. TWoW confirmed to be delayed 8 weeks.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Breaking both ankles would probably force him to actually write something. Or at least give him time to watch Misery and write a horribly descriptive account of Theon being hobbled.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Famed Author George RR Martin dies after taking the KFC bucket challenge.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Irish Joe posted:

Famed Author George RR Martin truly lives after taking the KFC bucket challenge.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Irish Joe posted:

Who would believe that?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Famed George RR Martin eats.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Irish Joe posted:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Hogge Wild posted:

Who would believe that?

What if the KFC bucket challenge was to not eat a goddamn bucket of KFC for a month

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What if the KFC bucket challenge was to not eat a goddamn bucket of KFC for a month

I'm not a land cetologist, but i think he could survive on pizza.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

new thread title?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Irish Joe posted:

Famed Author George RR Martin, the American Tolkien, dies after taking the KFC bucket challenge.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

You know something, Irish Joe? You're alright.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/08/weird-al-yankovic-politely-begged-george-r-r-martin-to-get-back-to-writing/

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

Who would believe that?

Extra crispy could kill you if dropped from the proper height.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Came here to post this. A+

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/25/game-of-thrones-cersei-lannister-public-nudity-lean-headey/

Apparently, the local government won't let the show do Cersei's walk of shame. Lena Headey naked is not a sin, Croatia, it's not!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Weird Al "ambushed" GRRM at the tv show awards show for tv and had someone plop down a typewriter in his lap and admonished him to "type George type as fast as you can"

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/george-rr-martin-ambushed-during-weird-als-emmys-number-watch-2014258

SmejWorth
May 17, 2004

what! no muffin?!

syscall girl posted:

Weird Al "ambushed" GRRM at the tv show awards show for tv and had someone plop down a typewriter in his lap and admonished him to "type George type as fast as you can"

Best Weird Al bit since spatula city

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The lyrics said to write scripts faster, but you know that he was really saying write the books faster.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

GRRM must have been seething. Publically shamed at the Emmys instead of fellated for his unparalleled, American Tolkien genius?

Only you can he not forgive, Al. :ssj:

Incidentally, if you ever want to piss off people on Imgur, just talk about how Emilia Clarke isn't particularly hot or a good actress. (You know, tell the truth.) Angry wannabe Ser Jorahs will pour out of the woodwork to passive-aggressively tell you how deeply wrong you about their perfect Valyrian waifu.

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 26, 2014

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I hope GURM gets this ice bucket challenge, gets a shock and croaks it. Someone who actually writes could finish the series then and give us all the resolution we want.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tahirovic posted:

I hope GURM gets this ice bucket challenge, gets a shock and croaks it. Someone who actually writes could finish the series then and give us all the resolution we want.

Yes, the GRRMian 40×25 with 8×8 pixel font text mode.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

GRRM must have been seething. Publically shamed at the Emmys instead of fellated for his unparalleled, American Tolkien genius?

Only you can he not forgive, Al. :ssj:

Ser Alleres Weyrd is going to die screaming in TWOW.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol, GURM being only known as the guy who didn't write fast enough

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Saeka posted:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/25/game-of-thrones-cersei-lannister-public-nudity-lean-headey/

Apparently, the local government won't let the show do Cersei's walk of shame. Lena Headey naked is not a sin, Croatia, it's not!

Can't they just shoot it elsewhere or in the stuido and then CGI the church and stuff in?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Mr. Neutron posted:

Can't they just shoot it elsewhere or in the stuido and then CGI the church and stuff in?

That's what they'll end up doing I'm sure. It's an uncutable scene.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

Or just cgi the nipples!

They'll probably just shoot and edit it some clever way. Maybe show the church doors opening from outside and then change the angle to behind her walking out the door (of a different building).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I'm gonna be real mad if they change poo poo from the book and let her wear a merkin