Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hey guys just a reminder that my birthday is coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Morphenomenal

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fooz posted:

I mean You're the worst is ok, but isn't that a tired gag at this point?

No

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm starting to wonder if the only requirement for a gag to be "tired" is for someone to call it tired.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

I'm starting to wonder if the only requirement for a gag to be "tired" is for someone to call it tired.

How clichéd, DivisionPost. Lazy writing, right here.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

MrAristocrates posted:

How clichéd, DivisionPost. Lazy writing, right here.

Such a derivative post, thoroughly mediocre.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Have you guys been reading "occupations posts", season 3 has been stronger than ever and the episodes have consistently topped themselves in quality, occupation has clearly been operating on all cylinders

Essentially occupations posts have turned into the show that I wanted raritys posts to be before it devolved into shallow, derivative garbage

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

If 'he didn't present as gay but surprise he's gay' is the joke that turns a show around for you then ok.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the whole show as badly acted as that clip?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
A to Z's pilot was really good. Really enjoyed it, but I can see goons complaining why it might be too saccharine or something. Leads are great but their sidekicks might need work. I'm also a goddamn stupid loving sucker for shows with a narrator (see: my avatar), and Katey Sagal is a good choice.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

$500 is about $480 dollars more than I would pay for that set.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I stopped watching Power Rangers after Time Force and thank god I did.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey which ethnicities should we pick for the Yellow and Black Rangers?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

Eh, I'll accept any excuse to have a racially diverse cast. Its just a shame there was never a Wet Ranger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think reality shows might be getting a little too granular. I saw a commercial today on A&E about a new show that's just about nerd tattoos.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Fooz posted:

If 'he didn't present as gay but surprise he's gay' is the joke that turns a show around for you then ok.

He's not gay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this? posted:

I think reality shows might be getting a little too granular. I saw a commercial today on A&E about a new show that's just about nerd tattoos.

Is it terrible that I kind of want to see this?
It's definitely terrible that my phone tried to auto correct "terrible" to Tribble. :catstare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's called "Epic Ink" and airs sometime this week. Also was kind of surprised to see that Storage Wars was still going and that Dave Hester was back on. Wasn't he trying to sue them?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
All I know is I want more seasons of King of the Nerds. Preferably loaded with people like Phil Fish and Zoe Quinn.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Mu Zeta posted:

Iranian and Samoan.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

All I know is I want more seasons of King of the Nerds. Preferably loaded with people like Phil Fish and Zoe Quinn.

It would have to air on HBO or Cinemax because of all the loving.

[Edit: Oh yeah, they tried the reality show format with game devs. It was a loving disaster.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 26, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

gently caress this poo poo, Richard Attenborough ruled.

David's still okay, right? :ohdear:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Anyone who gave up on Ray Donovan needs to come back and give it a try. Last night's episode contained a lot of watershed moments for the character actors in the cast, especially Liev Schreiber.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What the hell is that show even about? Quick summary without spoilers would be awesome.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

GreenNight posted:

What the hell is that show even about? Quick summary without spoilers would be awesome.

A "fixer" from Boston relocates to SoCal and serves the Hollywood elite. His dad (Jon Voight) is awesome and has a thing for girls that twerk, his brothers are messed up in the head, and his immediate family is dysfunctional.

I like the show. Good cast, everyone plays their parts well. The story lines aren't anything special, there's nothing really gripping about it, but it's worth my 50 minutes a week.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GreenNight posted:

Gruff middle-aged white guy antihero juggles crime and family life.

If Low Winter Sun was the Sam's Cola of cable prestige crime dramas then Ray Donovan is the RC Cola.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oi British posters, is Spooks good or is it CSI:London?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sober posted:

I stopped watching Power Rangers after Time Force and thank god I did.

Time Force was as close as Power Rangers ever came to Actually Good Television or Genuinely Good Acting.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

zoux posted:

It's more like 24:London

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Time Force was as close as Power Rangers ever came to Actually Good Television or Genuinely Good Acting.
I rewatched Time Force a few years back and if you discount the obvious Saturday morning cartoon stuff that shows up there is genuinely interesting stuff happening there.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The people who voted for Modern Family can go to hell, bit besides that I felt the Emmy awards were justly awarded.

That said, my viewing habits have not changed. Though I was reminded that I have been negligent in attempting to watch some shows (Good Wife, Scandal, Downton) and outright forgot about others (Person Of Interest, Elementary).

That said! Even though the Emmys have told me to watch American Horror Story: Coven I know better.

Thank you, TVIV thread. :downs:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

precision posted:

A friend of mine is on the next season, and I can't wait to see how she's portrayed. Her stated goal was to be the crazy girl with boobs, so we'll see how it goes.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

Anita Sarkeesian shows up as a special guest judge. The guy contestants just start throwing random poo poo at her.

Contestant: "She was being a bitch!"
Robert Carradine: "...She was getting an ice cream cone."
Contestant 2: "Yeah, but it was the WAY she was getting that ice cream cone. Why'd she have to do it THAT way?"

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I would totally watch a reality show about a group of thoroughly unpleasant, terrible nerds interacting. But, like, not as a competition thing.
Like, Final Fantasy House, the reality series.
Maybe the pitch is that A&E or Syfy or the History Channel or some other channel buys a house, and has like 6 or 7 Tumblr superstars stay in it together. People would watch this show.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sober posted:

I rewatched Time Force a few years back and if you discount the obvious Saturday morning cartoon stuff that shows up there is genuinely interesting stuff happening there.

It's one of the closest adaptations of the Sentai in terms of plot arc, bolstered by some surprisingly capable actors, solid direction, and interesting time-travel stuff.

It's better TV than Power Rangers had any right to be.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Manos del Sino posted:

A "fixer" from Boston relocates to SoCal and serves the Hollywood elite. His dad (Jon Voight) is awesome and has a thing for girls that twerk, his brothers are messed up in the head, and his immediate family is dysfunctional.

I like the show. Good cast, everyone plays their parts well. The story lines aren't anything special, there's nothing really gripping about it, but it's worth my 50 minutes a week.

Is it still less about him "fixing" problems and more about stupid family drama? Because I really hated that(except Jon Voight who owns).

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

The early seasons series are amazing. And no, it's nothing like CSI.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

DivisionPost posted:

Anita Sarkeesian shows up as a special guest judge. The guy contestants just start throwing random poo poo at her.

Contestant: "She was being a bitch!"
Robert Carradine: "...She was getting an ice cream cone."
Contestant 2: "Yeah, but it was the WAY she was getting that ice cream cone. Why'd she have to do it THAT way?"
Considering all the loving bullshit that went down the past week, I'm glad to have foreseen gamers being the some of the loving worst scum the first world has to offer.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is it still less about him "fixing" problems and more about stupid family drama? Because I really hated that(except Jon Voight who owns).

It's about 95% family drama and 5% cleaning up after Hollywood fuckups. It's so frustrating because there are tiny glimmers of a great show that are completely overshadowed by cringeworthy family bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sober posted:

Considering all the loving bullshit that went down the past week, I'm glad to have foreseen gamers being the some of the loving worst scum the first world has to offer.

What happened?

• Locked thread