Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Junkenstein posted:

The Crew Beta keys.

LLTX-736A-BARN-V4BF

Grabbed this one, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

The Crew Beta keys.

HMPM-P8BB-WQCV-LJBY

Grabbed that one. Thank you kindly!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Junkenstein posted:

The Crew Beta keys.

MMMK-ELV9-8L37-H9W3

Took this one, thanks a lot!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

More The Crew beta keys, grab 'em while they're hot:

3KGL-UB3V-4PA3-PBWL

H4DH-BAQL-TJCA-MHLL

FQJD-PWY6-LNDM-438U

AciddTripp
Feb 13, 2006

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut

Lugaloco posted:

H4DH-BAQL-TJCA-MHLL

Took this one, thanks!

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010

Lugaloco posted:

FQJD-PWY6-LNDM-438U

I took this one. Thank you!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

If they'd only port Bayonetta. Unless Nintendo now has the rights to the first game, too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lugaloco posted:

3KGL-UB3V-4PA3-PBWL
Snagged this one.
I think this is the first (or second time) I've managed to get a free thingo here. :3:

Also I think this was missed but Velvet Sundown has apparently added Text-To-Speech back into the game! :woop: Plus they've rotated the scenario out for a MURDER MYSTERY.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 26, 2014

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The first season of Korra is much, much better than the second, and is pretty good up until the last two episodes. Season 3 just finished airing and while not quite as good as the first season, it's pretty great. None of them are as good as TLA, so just tailor your expectations. :(

Basically skip s02 and watch s03.

Season 2 was pretty great towards the end and I enjoyed it more than Season 1. But yeah Season 3 is bonkers good.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

heavy liquid posted:

If they'd only port Bayonetta. Unless Nintendo now has the rights to the first game, too.

Considering that the sequel also includes the first game it's a pretty safe bet.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Also, is there something about Payday 2 that I'm missing. The game feels like a major step back from the amazing Payday 1. It went from an inspired L4D game with great levels to COD horde mode.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Here's some more The Crew beta keys, so you too can enjoy discovering towers in glorious 30fps!

FKUM-JRKN-QWLH-GWK9

WC3U-ECFL-UHLN-VPNX

BBY6-ADW7-CYMP-7V3G

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dominic White posted:

In all fairness, that was their plan from the beginning and they've been pretty open about it. And the game is vastly improved compared to its trainwreck launch.

Can't really complain when it's only $1, either.

I'm totally going to go out and say, I bought Orion: Dino Horde or whatever it was called last on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. It's nothing spectacular and you won't be writing the most glowing reviews about it, but I will say that it is fun, and at $1 is totally worth it. And while I didn't play it at laugh, it's nothing like some people say it is in its current state.

Gasoline posted:

Here's some more The Crew beta keys, so you too can enjoy discovering towers in glorious 30fps!
BBY6-ADW7-CYMP-7V3G

Also thank you for this!! I saw that they did an actually accurate reproduction of the Detroit Metro area and REALLY wanted to give this a shot. Appreciate it!

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Aug 26, 2014

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is killing floor any good? I saw it had a 71 on metacritic so I'm iffy on buying it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Metro Redux is open to play!

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Acquire Currency! posted:

Metro Redux is open to play!

I played it for a bit this morning.

Metro 2033 is one of my favourite games of recent years. It's nice that the engine has been ported to Last Light... but that's about it.

I might dig out my 3d Vision glasses tonight.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Look what got re-branded. Again.

Maybe it'll be good this time??

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Gamefly sold on. Rip D2D, and the copy of SWAT4 they stole from me :argh:

SWAT4 needs a drat proper digital release dammit.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Yodzilla posted:

SWAT4 needs a drat proper digital release dammit.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

ColoradoCleric posted:

Is killing floor any good? I saw it had a 71 on metacritic so I'm iffy on buying it.

It's pretty fun, especially with friends. It probably has a 71 because it was a bit janky at launch.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Croccers posted:

Also I think this was missed but Velvet Sundown has apparently added Text-To-Speech back into the game! :woop: Plus they've rotated the scenario out for a MURDER MYSTERY.

Awesome, was waiting for this to happen before checking this out. I knew this thread would let me know!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Not too long ago there was this thread here giving away free steam keys for their 2d indie game. They were asking for feedback. What game was that again?

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Heran Bago posted:

Not too long ago there was this thread here giving away free steam keys for their 2d indie game. They were asking for feedback. What game was that again?

Wyv and Keep?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ColoradoCleric posted:

It's fun if you want some intense co-op zombie shooting with random people. You all either stick together or break the line and die horribly. Just avoid servers with friendly fire.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Killing Floor was fun for awhile but I didn't find it quite as engaging as ME3's multiplayer, which is what I was hoping it was more like. I think I expected more special abilities and unique kits than guns and generic soldier types. Some people get really into it though.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Glad I gave Alpha Protocol a second chance, the Rome section was pretty cool. I don't know whose bright idea it was making the pistol less accurate than a shotgun from long range. Kind of wish I could patch it so I had 99 accuracy or something. It's really annoying to aim perfectly and have the shot go wide by 10 feet. I've found hand to hand combat to be the most effective so far.

I don't know why there isn't some sort of patch or hack or something to fix all the quibbles with AP... like disabling hacking and tweaking combat. I talked a couple of friends into buying it when it was 2 bucks and both of them quit the instant they got to the hacking tutorial and nothing I can say will convince them to push through it :smith:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

gmq posted:

It's pretty fun, especially with friends. It probably has a 71 because it was a bit janky at launch.

This is not a game you should play solo. You can, but you'll just get stomped. With friends though, it's a blast.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Tagra posted:

I don't know why there isn't some sort of patch or hack or something to fix all the quibbles with AP... like disabling hacking and tweaking combat. I talked a couple of friends into buying it when it was 2 bucks and both of them quit the instant they got to the hacking tutorial and nothing I can say will convince them to push through it :smith:

This post awakens a nerd anger within me. Unless you are on Hard difficulty, which you absolutely should not ever be doing with Alpha Protocol, then the hacking simply isn't that bad. I play the Hardest difficulty on every game I can, but I won't with Alpha Protocol.

Not again at least.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress is Steam Web Helper, why are four copies open, why can I not close them down, why do they keep re-opening, and why does the Steam Error Reporter apparently open but never pop up when I try to get rid of them? This poo poo's chewing resources like crazy.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Web helper is the browser. It's based on webkit so it opens a new process per window.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If I only plan on playing one Rollercoaster Tycoon game, which should it be? Leaning towards 3 right now since it looks the prettiest.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Go 3. If nothing else than for the fact that you can ride your rides.

Mokinokaro posted:

Web helper is the browser. It's based on webkit so it opens a new process per window.

That's loving dumb. It's eating more system resources than anything else I have running. Each instance of the drat thing is chewing 60-70,000K. Apparently this was some Beta thing that's been rolled to live. Hopefully there's a way to revert or something, because web browsing/video playing has become super laggy because of this.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If I only plan on playing one Rollercoaster Tycoon game, which should it be? Leaning towards 3 right now since it looks the prettiest.

3 is probably the last good rollercoaster building game ever.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

StabMasterArson posted:

3 is probably the last good rollercoaster building game ever.

I should mention that I am not particularly interested in building the coasters. While that is cool, it is not the main appeal. I'm looking mainly for the management aspect, trying to relive the Bullfrog glorly days of Sim Theme Park, only with a game that doesn't look like a butt.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ChibiSoma posted:

^^^ Go 3. If nothing else than for the fact that you can ride your rides.

That's loving dumb. It's eating more system resources than anything else I have running. Each instance of the drat thing is chewing 60-70,000K. Apparently this was some Beta thing that's been rolled to live. Hopefully there's a way to revert or something, because web browsing/video playing has become super laggy because of this.

Are you actually using the steam browser to surf the web?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I should mention that I am not particularly interested in building the coasters. While that is cool, it is not the main appeal. I'm looking mainly for the management aspect, trying to relive the Bullfrog glorly days of Sim Theme Park, only with a game that doesn't look like a butt.

Well luckily 3 is the last good one of those, too. Just don't get any of those rollercoaster making "games" that are on steam

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If you're going to get 3, get the Platinum version so you get the expansion packs with it. Launching peeps from a pool water-slide into a lion's zoo pen is just too much fun.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

RCT2 is easily the best one for that, and in fact the best one in the series. I don't think it's on Steam but I believe GOG has it.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

Are you actually using the steam browser to surf the web?

Nope. Got Steam itself minimized. Got a chat window open to one person, and that's it. Also not using Chrome, since I've seen a lot of posts bring it up in relation to this.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

StabMasterArson posted:

Well luckily 3 is the last good one of those, too. Just don't get any of those rollercoaster making "games" that are on steam

The reason I brought it up is because of a game on Kickstarter, Parkitect. Looks to be trying to revitalize the genre. Something about seeing that food stand with a giant hamburger on it triggered nostalgia for Sim Theme Park and then Theme Hospital. gently caress mobile gaming for ruining those genres for all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

This post awakens a nerd anger within me. Unless you are on Hard difficulty, which you absolutely should not ever be doing with Alpha Protocol, then the hacking simply isn't that bad. I play the Hardest difficulty on every game I can, but I won't with Alpha Protocol.

Not again at least.

No, I remember the hacking being pretty awful, not because the hacking game is hard in itself (I found treating it like a magic eye and unfocusing for finding the words in the gobbledygook worked), it's that the controls are AWFUL.

Specifically the sensitivity between the keyboard cursor and the mouse. I can't recall which one I had problems with but I suspect it was the mouse. The sensitivity in the game was too low.

I eventually got used to it but yeah that hacking game really is bad.

Loved Alpha Protocol, though. :)

• Locked thread