Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Sold!

But who's Isabelle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sarchasm posted:

Sold!

But who's Isabelle?

She's the Mayor's Assistant from Animal Crossing New Leaf. And she's great and adorable.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

jivjov posted:

She's the Mayor's Assistant from Animal Crossing New Leaf. And she's great and adorable.

Yes, yes she is. I just didn't recognize her name.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

Sold!

But who's Isabelle?

:staredog:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Not everybody plays Animal Crossing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:frogsiren: DRY BOWSER :frogsiren:

Link?! In Mario Kart?! HELL YES!

Gimmegimmegimmegimme

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

That's messed up

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I play Animal Crossing, I'm just terrible with names.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

mabels big day posted:

That's messed up

I've never played a second of Animal Crossing in my life specifically to spite you, Forums Poster mabels big day

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

It's cool that the wifedog is in, but why come the Zelda pack only gives one zelda character but AC gets two?? Where's Tingle??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DrPaper posted:

It's cool that the wifedog is in, but why come the Zelda pack only gives one zelda character but AC gets two?? Where's Tingle??

Haha.

Seriously though where's Zelda :colbert:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Awesome, we're one step closer to Super Smash Karts.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Nintendo does DLC? :psyduck: This isn't a shitpost by the way, I literally did not know they have ever done anything like this.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Nintendo does DLC? :psyduck: This isn't a shitpost by the way, I literally did not know they have ever done anything like this.

They've done a bunch of it over the last couple years on both Wii U and 3DS, they've even got a couple of free-to-play games.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They've done a bunch of it over the last couple years on both Wii U and 3DS, they've even got a couple of free-to-play games.

The only game I can think of that I've played was Ace Attorney with the Orca case, but that wasn't first party or anything. Huh.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The only game I can think of that I've played was Ace Attorney with the Orca case, but that wasn't first party or anything. Huh.

They released tons of it for Fire Emblem. Then New Super Luigi U was kinda pretty much a standalone expansion pack to New Super Mario Bros. Oh and they did Pikmin 3 DLC too. Most recent though was Mario Golf on the 3DS having stuff.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
^^^ e: i saw you :ninja: ^^^

Also that Mario Golf stuff. It's been happening.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

NSMB2 had some pretty excellent DLC, too

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

absolutely anything posted:

^^^ e: i saw you :ninja: ^^^

I kept remembering stuff. :eng101:

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (the newest ones) had some grinding DLCs too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

DrPaper posted:

wheres megaman nintendo?? do you hate him too???

Uh, just because he's in smash brothers doesn't mean they now have the right to use him when and wherever.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hyrule Warriors has pre-order DLC and the devs said they're gonna do more after the game's released. And the guy who was leaking Smash Bros news said that game has some DLC in the works, taken with a grain of salt of course.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

greatn posted:

Uh, just because he's in smash brothers doesn't mean they now have the right to use him when and wherever.

just more proof capcom wants to kill mega man...

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hyrule Warriors has pre-order DLC and the devs said they're gonna do more after the game's released. And the guy who was leaking Smash Bros news said that game has some DLC in the works, taken with a grain of salt of course.

That was fake.

The pre-order DLC for Hyrule Warriors pisses me off though, I want Skyward Sword Zelda and that means I have to buy from stupid Best Buy instead of Amazon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

RMZXAnarchy posted:

That was fake.

The pre-order DLC for Hyrule Warriors pisses me off though, I want Skyward Sword Zelda and that means I have to buy from stupid Best Buy instead of Amazon.

Just buy from the eShop and use the deluxe platinum promotion points for a $5 giftcard, probably more than enough for the costume DLC.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

greatn posted:

Just buy from the eShop and use the deluxe platinum promotion points for a $5 giftcard, probably more than enough for the costume DLC.

They never said if they were going to release that DLC for regular release, did they?

I don't buy Digital anyway. I don't think its a viable option and I like having my games on the shelf.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They probably will but it won't be for a while.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I am okay with Nintendo continuing to push DLC if it's going to be on games already full of content, and stuff I actually want.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Crawfish posted:

I am okay with Nintendo continuing to push DLC if it's going to be on games already full of content, and stuff I actually want.

Agreedo. DLC can be a good thing if the packs are meaty enough (and not horribly overpriced).

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Oh god, please let one of the DLC vehicles be Epona

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA put out a press release for the Mario Kart DLC:

-Each DLC pack will cost $7.99, or you can buy 'em as a double-pack for $11.99
-Each pack requires 1GB+ of storage space
-You can pre-order the DLC packs on the eShop once the new update goes live; anyone who pre-orders both packs will get immediate access to the eight Yoshi/Shyguy characters (you don't need to pre-order to get these, if you buy both packs as they're released you'll get 'em too)

Reminder: Pack 1 is scheduled for November, Pack 2 is scheduled for May. Each pack contains 3 new characters, 4 new karts and 8 new tracks, including characters/tracks from other franchises like Zelda, Animal Crossing and F-Zero.

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 27, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

What

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

One of the stages. You can see in the collection of pictures on the previous stage. I am guessing Mute City.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Pack 1 has a Blue Falcon kart and a F-Zero-themed track, among other things.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I considered myself a bit burned out on Mario Kart, so I hadn't bothered with MK8, but I think I'm going to pick it up at some point now. I hope this foreshadows some Smash Bros. DLC. I'd love if they looked at how people reacted to the base character/stage roster, then popped out packs with some new and and old stages and a character or two.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neon Knight posted:

One of the stages. You can see in the collection of pictures on the previous stage. I am guessing Mute City.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pack 1 has a Blue Falcon kart and a F-Zero-themed track, among other things.

I actually completely missed this, that owns.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
After November it sure will be fun playing Mario Kart online and only ever racing against 11 Links.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

After November it sure will be fun playing Mario Kart online and only ever racing against 11 Links.

Waluigi supremacy.

Basically I'll be doing this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bZLFRjVCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm probably going to stick with my Mario /w Yoshi Bike combo, but i'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.

Anyways, I wonder if one of the new vehicles will be an Excitebike, since one of the new tracks seems to be Excitebike.