Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you expand on this Strong Mouse? I disagree with this assesment, especially your point that I'm jumping on people that other's are. Also, why do you think my reasons are weak, can you point out some specific details?

I was wrong about you jumping on people. It was from me remembering incorrectly from the first day. And you do generally have reasons for voting people, so I was wrong about that as well.

You also really seem to have something against busb though. I have some things about him that I am not positive about, but you have really gone after him.

I'll be around for the hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Just hammer now imo.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong Mouse posted:

I was wrong about you jumping on people. It was from me remembering incorrectly from the first day. And you do generally have reasons for voting people, so I was wrong about that as well.

You also really seem to have something against busb though. I have some things about him that I am not positive about, but you have really gone after him.

I'll be around for the hammer.

what are you not positive about?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Back now, sorry bout that. Fiancee decided to make a bigger production of "lets go get some groceries" than I ever imagined. Foo, since you are asking SM questions just let me know when you're good for today and I'll vote.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

chaoslord posted:

Back now, sorry bout that. Fiancee decided to make a bigger production of "lets go get some groceries" than I ever imagined.

I laughed out loud at this.

I'm sorry about your family, chaos. :(

I won't post until busb does, but like, I don't really know how much use that's going to be with a 24 hour delay.

Right now I just mostly feel good about people and not really very bad about people. While the thread is closed I will actually read it and post a nice EFFORT POST tomorrow, pinkie swear.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I feel good about chaos and f_v, I should clarify. Withholding judgment on Strong Mouse until he can post more.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Savahontas posted:

I laughed out loud at this.

I'm sorry about your family, chaos. :(

I won't post until busb does, but like, I don't really know how much use that's going to be with a 24 hour delay.

Right now I just mostly feel good about people and not really very bad about people. While the thread is closed I will actually read it and post a nice EFFORT POST tomorrow, pinkie swear.

you have a whole hour! do it now!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'll give Sav a little time to come up with that since its not like anything else is happening. Somb is pretty busy with another game anyway that has a very similar deadline so I doubt we'd see the flip til 10 either way

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

See everyone tomorrow

##vote Elephant

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Elephant, we hardly knew ye :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 3

Elephant (5): Captain Foo, Strong Mouse, Asiina, busb, chaoslord
busb (1): fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (2): Elephant, Savahontas

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 25th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 7 minutes.

After a couple days stuck in this warehouse, everyone is starting to lose it. More so than usual, even. As the sunlight starts to fade, one of you notices that Elephant is still alive, “Hey, this is bullshit! Weren’t we about to kill you a while back?” Elephant just stands there, smiling vacantly.

Someone in the crowd shouts “Oh poo poo, he’s got the same thing tearshed had!” A brick to Elephant’s face follows shortly after. As twilight’s last rays hit the dust floating around the room, the observant among you noticed the shape of a hooded figure swirling about in the dust specks before darkness descends.

Elephant, Johnny “The Hook” Ramone, Town-Aligned Executioner was lynched day three!

Role Information:

If you are the player to drop the hammer and end the day, the following night you may chose to gain one of the following powers:

A ##pardon day action that you submit anonymously. Whoever you pardon cannot be lynched for the rest of that day.

OR

A ##kill you can use on any player in the night. However, if you kill a player of your alignment, you die as well!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Actions are resolved, I will post the flip in half an hour.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The dawn brings to light another death, you find Foo’s corpse and add it to the growing pile. One of you retches slightly. “Oh man,” they mutter, “I can’t take much more of this.” The rest of you agree, this has to end.

Captain Foo, Marla “Janus” Wei, Town-Aligned Personamancer died night three!!

Role Information:

Strip the Mask - You may ##rolecop another player, giving you full information as to what their role does.
Mask of the Gods - You may copy the role of any player, living or dead. Once you do this, your role will function exactly as theirs. This cannot change your alignment. This does not give you access to the scum team's collective night kill.

As you square off against each other in the center of the kangaroo court you’ve set up in the center of the warehouse floor, an unspoken thought runs through the group like a current. “One of us will die, one of us will die.”

If you weren’t so distracted by your conflict, you might notice that something feels different today. The air feels charged and heavy, like it’s about to rain.

Day Four begins!

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 28th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 6 hours.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Morning friends!

I'm glad scum killed foo, i had no idea what to think about him.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:ghost: go town! :ghost:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'd say everyone look over Foo to see if we can find any possible breadcrumbs left. If anyone is around now and wants to kick some ideas around, I'm here, but outside of that I dunno if I'm much use for the rest of today with respect to effort posting since its almost 10 at night. Gonna spend tonight/some time tomorrow looking to build a case.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm thinking it might be a decent idea to nolynch today to bring us to odd numbers, it's mylo now if there are 2 scum or 1 scum 1 survivor.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Well I didn't want to be the first to suggest it because of how me voting no lynch went on D1, but that was my first thought and I'm going to be sleeping on that possibility for sure.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't 4 scum be too much?

I would assume there's only 1 left rather than 2. There definitely could be a 3P out there though.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah, surely it's 1 scum + 1 3p if not just one scum due to the alignments being random making things tough enough

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Asiina posted:

Wouldn't 4 scum be too much?

I would assume there's only 1 left rather than 2. There definitely could be a 3P out there though.

It would normally be for a 13 player game yes, but Somberbrero's opening flavour was a bit ominous. Might just be his pre-lylo flavour though. Also there are no vanillas so if everyone else got really good roles i can see a mod thinking there might need to be an extra scum or a survivor.

If we nolynch then i can potentially get in 2 investigations, given i am not NKed or lynched before lylo.
6 now > 5 after NK tonight > investigation1? > 4 after lynch > 3 after NK > investigation2? > lylo

Scum can't afford to delay by not killing given i could just narrow down the playing field, but the lack of a doctor or protector flip thus far may be making them pause in taking me straight out.

This is all mechanicschat anyway. If we just want to lynch a scum that'd be fine, i'm just not sure where to start now!

chaoslord - had that one super townie post early on
Strong Mouse - newbie, lurky, has some really suspect posts such as: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=433577085
Asiina - ???
F_V - tunneling hard on me,
Sav - you'd better not be a godmother >:|

so i'm feeling
nolynch > strong mouse > fv > asiina > chaoslord > sav > busb

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

chaoslord posted:

Well I didn't want to be the first to suggest it because of how me voting no lynch went on D1, but that was my first thought and I'm going to be sleeping on that possibility for sure.

There's a pretty big difference between suggesting a day1 nolynch to a possible mylo nolynch.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Strong Mouse re: thinking yuming's scum posted:

That's what I thought, but I didn't see it said anywhere so I went genderless.

The reason I voted you is more a feeling than anything else. I just went through your posts in this thread, and I actually can't find any actual good reason to vote for you than my feeling.

I was also just trying to get some people to post some to see what they would say.

##unvote because ^.

fake edit: I am also thing maybe kell, but I will probably hold off for a day or so.

Super soft bus of yuming.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

busb posted:

If we nolynch then i can potentially get in 2 investigations, given i am not NKed or lynched before lylo.
6 now > 5 after NK tonight > investigation1? > 4 after lynch > 3 after NK > investigation2? > lylo

Scum can't afford to delay by not killing given i could just narrow down the playing field, but the lack of a doctor or protector flip thus far may be making them pause in taking me straight out.

Gotta say I really, really like the look of this

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would be down for that.

Also I will unfortunately starting tomorrow be phone posting for the remainder of the game. I thought I'd be dead or the game would be over before I left. Very much my bad for misjudging the timing. I will try to check as much as possible!

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I GOT ROLEBLOCKED LAST NIGHT. I AM VERY ANGRY.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I GOT ROLEBLOCKED LAST NIGHT. I AM VERY ANGRY.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I'm not sure why that double posted.

Are we all sure busb is town though? No lynching today only makes sense if he is telling the truth, which... why would we assume he is?

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
No offense busb I still love you but I think you might be a bad guy. :(

I do, though, buy the argument that there's a survivor running around, possibly. There might even be some kind of cult thing going on - 3 scum with a 13 person game seems a bit too simple.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

The way I was thinking about it

If busb is goodguy: Probably gets NK'd, which pretty much confirms you as town Sav since that is the investigation result from earlier (pending possible godfather etc)

If busb is badguy: Scum only gets the NK instead of a mislynch + NK since I don't think busb would get lynched today. Town get another night to do actions which could potentially uncover busb as the badguy.

If busb is 3p: Still probably gets nk'd.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Savahontas posted:

Are we all sure busb is town though? No lynching today only makes sense if he is telling the truth, which... why would we assume he is?

I guess you just have to trust me! :angel:.

Although the fact you got roleblocked is a pretty bad omen, and why i didn't want to claim originally. Its the first roleblock claim all game though which makes me a bit worried :|

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Wasn't me!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): Asiina, busb, chaoslord, fiery_valkyrie, Savahontas, Strong Mouse

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 28th, 2014 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote NoLynch

Still seems like a good idea today!

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I have no issues with ##vote nolynch

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yes well the evidence of a roleblocker means i get roleblocked tonight so it's no longer a foolproof plan really. Town watcher please watch me thanks!

##vote nolynch

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Let's do this

##vote no lynch

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Lynch No One!.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The day is just too much for everyone. Everyone agrees to take some 'me time' and to try not murder anyone in the night.

Day Four has ended with no result!

Night actions.

Final Votecount for Day 4

Lynch No One! (4): Asiina, Strong Mouse, busb, fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (2): chaoslord, Savahontas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Dave Five will begin sometime between 10:00 and 11:00 pm CST tonight.

• Locked thread