Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rudoku posted:

I think it's safe to say that Food Imagination is gone with the memory of the anime ending. loving super troll doll...

I'm cool with it when it's used for instant intimidation, like another version of 'battle aura' or whatever bullshit animes use to sense power levels. It presents for some damned cool imagery.
But not an entire 'What if' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Been reading some of the past issues. It was actually mentioned by President Ichiryu in issue 269 when he first saw Toriko as a starving kid that he was born with gourmet cells, and there are more than one monsters inside him. It's kinda awesome that such a huge thing happening now is already foreshadowed in a offhanded way years ago.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

New Toriko Chapter!!!

This is getting pretty amazing.

Komatsu is totally going to somehow be able to lift the kitchen knife with some sort of delicate "Food Luck" Strength

And Herac Kick causes Earthquakes.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Seebach posted:

New Toriko Chapter!!!

This is getting pretty amazing.

Komatsu is totally going to somehow be able to lift the kitchen knife with some sort of delicate "Food Luck" Strength

The knife that Melkite made for him is made out of one of the 8 kings' teeth. He will use that

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Terror Sweat posted:

The knife that Melkite made for him is made out of one of the 8 kings' teeth. He will use that

Yeah Komatsu has probably the best knife in the entire world right now, its only possible competition is Frohze's knife.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Seebach posted:

I thought the earthquake was due to every monster within a 500 mile radius :supaburn: freaking the gently caress out. :supaburn:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

The knife crafted for "Air" was probably Melk's best work, but the Fang knife is the 2nd generation's best work so it'll clearly be way better.

The scenes of Komatsu literally cutting air will probably be so astounding the Heracles will pause and let him continue.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Fang knife is better because it's made from a motherfucking dragon's tooth, also included is Komatsu's old knife which he loving cared for, so it's got all of his food luck and appreciation for ingredient in it. I bet in the end to prepare GOD you need a knife that's also been loved by the chef, which Joa will not qualify because she probably treats her knife as a mere tool, just like she treats everybody else.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Were Terry and the rest running away from or toward the ruckus? I really can't tell.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

PFlats posted:

Were Terry and the rest running away from or toward the ruckus? I really can't tell.

Probably towards

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The air is basically water it will be hard to move... EXCEPT MY POWERS ARE SOUND BASED AND THUS BOOSTED

:allears: Zebra.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/288

Newwww Toriko!

Well its not much that you see a completely out of left field shonen power-up get completely thrashed.
God Horse god seems stronger than pretty much anything in the manga.

His physics are still completely ridic though.

Im also sad that Komatsu isnt wielding the Melk air knife.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/288

Newwww Toriko!

Well its not much that you see a completely out of left field shonen power-up get completely thrashed.
God Horse god seems stronger than pretty much anything in the manga.

His physics are still completely ridic though.

Im also sad that Komatsu isnt wielding the Melk air knife.

:stare:

Horse King creates Vacuums. What a horroriffic ability that comes from just inhaling just a bit.

If so inclined, would a full inhale take all the air from the planet?

I imagine then it would look something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSWdHY9Ny4

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Seebach posted:

Horse King creates Vacuums. What a horroriffic ability that comes from just inhaling just a bit.

That's what they mentioned a few chapters ago.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Horse King is my favourite character. Has there ever been any other Shonen series where the protagonist's Evil Super form has been completely no sold in its debut appearance? :allears:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seebach posted:

Well they did mention it was just a tenth, so a full breath might be an entire city/metropolitan Tokyo.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Some other highlights I liked:

Sunny can move a lot faster using his hair now (I like how that is the least exciting thing).

Coco can make a fully functioning frog-car copy made out of poison, at will.

Melk made a knife that can literally cut the air, but thankfully not the breathable part.

Komatsu is about to outperform the best Nitro chefs by 50 percent.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Literally Kermit posted:

Some other highlights I liked:

Komatsu is about to outperform the best Nitro chefs by 50 percent.

To be fair, that's because they're impatient fucks (Or don't want to deal with Herac). It'd only be 20% otherwise.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Rudoku posted:

To be fair, that's because they're impatient fucks. It'd only be 20% otherwise.

True, that.

Oh, almost forgot a development!

No one has ever gotten close enough to the Horse King to check if it was a lady Horse King. :3:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

True, that.

Oh, almost forgot a development!

No one has ever gotten close enough to the Horse King to check if it was a lady Horse King. :3:

Nah, we knew Horse King Heracles gave birth and needed the fully ripe Air Fruit to do it, and as such hasn't done so since the Nitro learned an impatient way to prepare the fruit before it falls.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Shugojin posted:

Nah, we knew Horse King Heracles gave birth and needed the fully ripe Air Fruit to do it, and as such hasn't done so since the Nitro learned an impatient way to prepare the fruit before it falls.

Those dicks. :mad:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I know! Fortunately Komatsu is around to fully release Air's potential, so Horse King Heracles can give birth and we'll still get to see goofy food faces. Possibly even a goofy Horse King food face!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shugojin posted:

I know! Fortunately Komatsu is around to fully release Air's potential, so Horse King Heracles can give birth and we'll still get to see goofy food faces. Possibly even a goofy Horse King food face!

The moment I read that I was reminded of this horse reaction and now i'm hoping for something similar.

It was funnier on the anime version but I couldn't find that.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 289 is out.

Komatsu gets a power-up transformation too. Also, the buffest frog throwing down off-screen unfortunately.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I love food cooking chapters.

And I guess All that Gourmet World food that Komatsu ate did have an effect after all.

Im disappointed that the torikomatsu transformation didnt involve his old nose.

Its not juat me right? He did just turn into mini-Toriko.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I love food cooking chapters.

And I guess All that Gourmet World food that Komatsu ate did have an effect after all.

Im disappointed that the torikomatsu transformation didnt involve his old nose.

Its not juat me right? He did just turn into mini-Toriko.

Nope. Its not just you.

:stare: drat KorikoKomatsu. Also Swole Dapper Frog.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Not to burst the Dapper Frog bubble, but you all realize it was that weird Kappa dude that hulked out didn't you?

He then pushed all of that muscle into his head or something to stop the fall. All Dapper Frog did this chapter was look menacing for a frame.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crawfish posted:

Not to burst the Dapper Frog bubble, but you all realize it was that weird Kappa dude that hulked out didn't you?

He then pushed all of that muscle into his head or something to stop the fall. All Dapper Frog did this chapter was look menacing for a frame.

Fix your eyes man, the panel after that hes buff.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Page 14 on the first panel.

Dapper Frog bubble is just fine. :smugbert:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh there....

Yeah Dapper Frog Bubble is intact. Carry on.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Komatsu and the Giant Air Fruit.

His next transformation will turn him into a claymation.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Crawfish posted:

I was about to say cork voice is the new dumbest technique in the series, but using all your crazy muscles to turn your head into a big dumb plate sort of blows it out of the water.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ANIME AKBAR posted:

I was about to say cork voice is the new dumbest technique in the series, but using all your crazy muscles to turn your head into a big dumb plate sort of blows it out of the water.

It makes sense cos he's a kappa, their heads are already bowls.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ANIME AKBAR posted:

I'm always skeptical about Zebra. For such a supposed badass he doesnt do much of anything besides being the support. Sani and Coco got more fights.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
It was pretty awesome when he wrecked the Nitro handlers and their chargers in like two pages though.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

I'm always skeptical about Zebra. For such a supposed badass he doesnt do much of anything besides being the support. Sani and Coco got more fights.
I understand it for the most part. Zebra is really freaking overpowered. His sound abilities are very effective for close range beatdowns but incredibly useful for long-range support and defense.

During the chef fest he spent a majority of the fight protecting and evacuating the entire stadium (which is got to be over a million spectators). Sani and Coco don't have much on the support side which is why they get more battles. I'm sure that Zebra will have his chances out here in the gourmet world where there is much, much less collateral damage to protect against.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

He's just not being cocky, that's all.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

They can't put Zebra in fights... He'll end them.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

A short one this time.

There is no :kimchi: big enough for this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
I love that the author actually quantifies everything, so it can be as ridiculous as possible.

• Locked thread