Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Eat the rainbow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Horse physics!
Possible Animal Buddy for Zebra?

Hah i just noticed His name is Zebra and the Daruma Hermit gave him a Giant Zebra.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

Eat the rainbow.

Chapter 7 was a good chapter, wasn't it? :allears:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Anyone who says they didn't hear the Lion King theme at the end of this chapter is a drat liar.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
That's a lot of air.

Not spoilering because I am pretty sure it was a given there would be air and in copious amounts.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Dude, Melk's face on page 8 is adorable as poo poo

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

unprofessional posted:

I love that the author actually quantifies everything, so it can be as ridiculous as possible.

I do too. Since it's just gets more whacky when you think about it, since I'm pretty sure that releasing that much air in that amount of time would impart enough energy to explode the entire atmosphere off the planet. But I think one of the reasons I love Toriko is that it has a veneer of scientific grounding to its impossible feats of muscle fooding. The dichotomy gives it a really unique tone as one can both accept and shake their head at it at the same time.

Even stupid poo poo like MINORITY WORLD and ULTIMATE SETUP ROUTINE get based on real world sociological and physical phenomenon. While they seem to be passing fads as far as powers go, they feel much more interesting due to the thought put into them than your average shonen bullshit power.

TNG fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 29, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well Toriko earth is something along the lines of 4x to 6x as large as regular Earth.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well Toriko earth is something along the lines of 4x to 6x as large as regular Earth.

That's just because the gourmet world is eating it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
And the only solution is to eat the Gourmet World.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I do like that Melk could hear both his big ol' AIR Knife as well as the knife Melk II made. It means that the voice of ingredients isn't a unique thing, but a facet of what anyone totally dedicated to their craft can sense. I can't wait to hear about the Voice of Pots or whatever.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Funny you should say that when Kuriboh exists.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah what I'm basically saying is that I really want a chapter all about Kuriboh making the best pot in history to cook one of Acacia's Main Course.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's too bad the anime ended up the way it did cause it would have been the perfect opportunity to sneak in amazing food adventure sidestories as filler.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Mangastream

Just like the good ol days :allears:

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Wanna eat that Salad

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

LanceKing2200 posted:

Mangastream

Just like the good ol days :allears:

Interesting power up, would have been more appropriate for Coco no?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Toriko Manga Thread: Sniff the salad, see the universe

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fecha posted:

Toriko Manga Thread: Sniff the salad, see the universe

This is great.

I said it before and I'll say it again: I'm so glad Toriko went back to its roots. :allears:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
lol @ zombie reacting to the sound.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
new chapter is out.... goddamn

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
I was wondering when the baddies will show up, cause we never had a real fight since they went into gourmet world. Can't wait to see what the guys can do now that they had ate Air and can partially control their demons. And Komatsu is totally safe, cause Coco just explained how eating air gives you wolverine-ish regeneration abilities.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

e: ^^^ Yeah but crushing a vital organ is more than a knife cut. I mean, I know Komatsu will be fine and all, but still.

e2: Oh, the whole don't need to breathe for hours thing. :haw: Now I get it. Salad head is still the winner.

The Fresh Prince posted:

new chapter is out.... goddamn

This should be an emptyquote. :stare:

This is close to the most disturbing toriko moment. I dunno, between this and human salad... just goddamn.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 10, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

....Goddamn.

This manga has my full attention now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ah, I guess that's how Komatsu got his demon then; eating so much high quality food gave him gourmet cells.

And yeah, Komatsu will be fine.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

MegaCharger posted:

I was wondering when the baddies will show up, cause we never had a real fight since they went into gourmet world. Can't wait to see what the guys can do now that they had ate Air and can partially control their demons. And Komatsu is totally safe, cause Coco just explained how eating air gives you wolverine-ish regeneration abilities.

Also the guy told him to only sleep for a little while so persumably right after eating air getting your heart wrecked probably won't end you... also wouldn't komatsu have maybe a vial of Cure Water?

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Also I like how the reason the baddies got the jump on them is because they got cocky and decided to celebrate the whole day. If they had any common sense they would have setup sentries or something, or just have Zebra be on alert with sona scans in the area, because you can be drat sure everybody in world know Air is ready and they are going to try to steal it. Especially so since Malk the first got his rear end kicked trying to get at Air last time, you would think he would let people know hey maybe they should be on guard, but maybe they couldn't hear him because he talks so low.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well to date no one has interrupted a Good old Toriko feast.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Pretty surprised they targeted Komatsu; he's pretty much the most valuable chef in the world at the moment. Wonder if it's just food vision shenanigans or I guess they could just revive him or whatever with amazing food.

Awesome chapter though!

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012

RatHat posted:

Ah, I guess that's how Komatsu got his demon then; eating so much high quality food gave him gourmet cells.

And yeah, Komatsu will be fine.

I've been waiting for something like this to happen. Seriously, how can Komatsu eat all the same stuff as Toriko and not develop some type of superpower?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Usually when I want someone to go to sleep for a while I give them some warm milk and tuck them in with a bedtime story.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Teppei's also a Saiseya, so I wouldn't be surprised if he or other Saiseyas could just recreate his heart if Komatsu's newfound Gourmet Cells don't do anything. The power of food can do anything!

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Nahxela posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he or other Saiseyas could just recreate his heart

Would you really not be surprised?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yes...? Toriko world's got things like Minority World. They can do anything as long as they have food.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
this is like the gourmet world version of that black technique knife healing stuff, but way way more hardcore. I wonder if they are going to go on a quest to find komatsu's heart before he dies. Also, i'm curious what being will awaken in komatsu, since i doubt chefs get appetite demons.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Don't they have those magic regenerating potions? It regrew half a brain with no noticeable problems, a heart should be a snap.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crunkjuice posted:

this is like the gourmet world version of that black technique knife healing stuff, but way way more hardcore. I wonder if they are going to go on a quest to find komatsu's heart before he dies. Also, i'm curious what being will awaken in komatsu, since i doubt chefs get appetite demons.

That's not a super-hard quest. It's right over there. And over there. And a bit over there. Some on Toriko's face too.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Roland Jones posted:

That's not a super-hard quest. It's right over there. And over there. And a bit over there. Some on Toriko's face too.

I gotta wonder, if any landed in his salad, would he still eat it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alopex posted:

I gotta wonder, if any landed in his salad, would he still eat it?

In Toriko, asking if someone would eat something isn't really even a question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Gettin some Claymore levels of limb loss here!

• Locked thread