Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Home Depot is the dumbass, underachieving little brother of Lowes. As a friend so eloquently puts it, "HD is not about fixing poo poo anymore, rather, about buying poorly built poo poo to fix problems that don't exist."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
An Isuzu that's not that one commercial truck: the rarest car of them all.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Hikaki posted:

An Isuzu that's not that one commercial truck: the rarest car of them all.

Someone near me drives a P'up. I should get a photo the next time I see it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a few Vehicrosses up here I never manage to snap a pictre of.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There's a white Isuzu Axiom parked at the Mexican place on N 36th (up the street from Roxy's)
edit: Tacos Guaymas

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

It's an old post, but...

Farmland Park posted:

A mailman in Norway bought a Lambo Gallardo, nope, not a lottery winner or anything like that. He saved up some money and took a mortgage on his house to afford it. Next to the Lambo is his work... cart/truck thingy.

It looks like an early version of what The Norwegian Post uses in cities now: The Loyds Paxster.

Road legal, 45 Km/h, 200 Kg payload, electric. I thought they were modified golf carts but apparently they're designed from the ground up as delivery vehicles.

We're a strange country though. With clean hydroelectric power and good incentives on electric cars (no VAT, free tolls, drive legally in the bus lanes) you won't see statistics like these anywhere else:

That's right. By the end of June this year, the Tesla Model S is in second place behind the Golf; the Nissan Leaf in fifth; and the hideous but material-wise brilliant i3 sold 1124 examples. I think that's awesome car poo poo, even though I like petrol.

Oh, and the most expensive, fully-loaded Model S is around 760,000 NOK here. That's $120,000. The cheapest barebones model is $75,000.

F4rt5 fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 3, 2014

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

atomicthumbs posted:

Someone near me drives a P'up. I should get a photo the next time I see it.

My coworker drives what's quite possibly the Best P'up.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2946804/1986-isuzu-regular-cab/

I keep telling him I'll buy it in a second if he ever decides to sell it. :v:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

My coworker drives what's quite possibly the Best P'up.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2946804/1986-isuzu-regular-cab/

I keep telling him I'll buy it in a second if he ever decides to sell it. :v:

I forgot cardomain was still a thing. I remember looking at it in high school

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kastein posted:

stolen from IRC:

If you are going to crash, do it right.

In a scene from Transporter 4, Jason Statham shoots down an enemy MiG with his tailpipe-mounted ack ack gun.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

AirRaid posted:

This was at the bottom of the last page and might have been lost, but I need to ask - does the flame at the exhaust indicate that he's still got his foot on the gas? Or only that he's very recently taken it off?

Surprised I didn't see a more goony response. In rally it could very well be an anti-lag system or "bang-bang unit". Some fuel gets tossed into the exhaust and ignited to keep the turbo spooled at maximum speed, even while the driver's foot is off the gas. So the flames most likely indicate his foot recently came off the gas and the bang-bang is still running. Although yes, it could just be some regular backfire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilag_system

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Timmy Cruise posted:

Wow this is perfect to me. 142 I assume?

Correct, and a '74 judging by the dash, grille, and rear bumper.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

revdrkevind posted:

Surprised I didn't see a more goony response. In rally it could very well be an anti-lag system or "bang-bang unit". Some fuel gets tossed into the exhaust and ignited to keep the turbo spooled at maximum speed, even while the driver's foot is off the gas. So the flames most likely indicate his foot recently came off the gas and the bang-bang is still running. Although yes, it could just be some regular backfire.
He lifted...that's why he crashed. You NEVER lift.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
When in doubt, power out :eng101:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

revdrkevind posted:

A more :spergin: description of anti-lag (aka "flat shifter"): the fuel dumping is accomplished by disabling ignition when shifting at WOT. When the clutch is depressed and the throttle is left wide-open (detection methods differ by implementation), ignition is cut but nothing else; this results in fuel injectors (or carb, if you're super old school) continuing to provide fuel to a turning engine, which mixture either self-ignites in the combustion chamber or on contact with the headers / hot side of the turbo. Very low efficiency combustion, but enough to keep the turbo spooled, so the second the clutch is let back out the car is at full throttle with a spooled turbo - but during the shift, the engine is creating very little torque, so very fast shifts are much less damaging to the transmission. The little flames and "pop pop" sound on upshifts characteristic of WRC cars is the result of this external combustion.

Additional :science: for at-home use: building a flat-shifter is easy as hell! A couple of momentary SPST switches, a 555 timer, a voltage regulator, a FET, a handful of caps / resistors and a relay are all you need. My '91 Legacy turbo was an absolute hoot to flatshift.

PS: your cats will not survive this
PPS: not recommended on downshifts

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Terrible Robot posted:

When in doubt, power out :eng101:

I live my life by this.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

sofullofhate posted:

Additional :science: for at-home use: building a flat-shifter is easy as hell! A couple of momentary SPST switches, a 555 timer, a voltage regulator, a FET, a handful of caps / resistors and a relay are all you need. My '91 Legacy turbo was an absolute hoot to flatshift.

addendum: Your turbo will hate you for it too. Turbo temps skyrocket when using an anti-lag system and they tend not to last long. For a rally team, not a huge deal, for your average DD, changing turbo's as they burn up get's expensive.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

BlackMK4 posted:

That is Darius Khashabi's 240Z.

Adderall is better :v:

I checked that guy's ride out. drat is it sweet. See, I like that, it's the best: this dude knows cars & likes working on em. That's similar to myself: I did a headgasket on my Subaru, using my friend's engine hoist to lift the engine & having a shop by my college do the grinding. I also did the shocks at my garage at home. And the CV's. And the bearings [ok, my buddy's shop did the bearings]. That is the car I used to pick up chicks to go on dates with. That is the semester I pulled a 3.5 in engineering.

I see that @Shrapnig is not a fan of badass black cars. Probably one of those guys who has never opened his hood. Well this one will really get his goat lol

That is a black Ferrari S550 [I think? not sure]. I am a real big fan of these.. I'm guessing I probably would not be able to afford one but they are cool looking. Men who drive these can really get with some hot babes.

A3th3r fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 6, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yup, that's a 550/575 of some sort

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And given (what appears to be) all the paint chips in the hood, it's a heavily driven 550/575. Which is the best kind of Ferrari, regardless of model.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol I just noticed it has a 'cage, too

dude owns

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

A3th3r posted:

I checked that guy's ride out. drat is it sweet. See, what I like is that the guy did all of his own work. This is a guy who knows cars & likes working on em. I like that because that's the greatest. That's similar to myself: I did a headgasket on my Subaru, using an engine hoist to lift the engine & having a shop by my college do the grinding. I also did the shocks at my garage at home. And the CV's. And the bearings [ok, my buddy's shop did the bearings]. That is the car I used to pick up chicks to go on dates with. That is the semester I pulled a 3.5 in engineering.

I see that @Shrapnig is not a fan of badass black cars. Probably one of those guys who has never opened his hood. Well this one will really get his goat lol

That is a black Ferrari S550 [I think? not sure]. I am a real big fan of these.. I'm guessing I probably would not be able to afford one but they are cool looking. Men who drive these can really get with some hot babes.

Jesus dude resize those.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why do you keep talking like you're on twitter? Use the quote button, dude.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

sofullofhate posted:

A more :spergin: description of anti-lag (aka "flat shifter"): the fuel dumping is accomplished by disabling ignition when shifting at WOT. When the clutch is depressed and the throttle is left wide-open (detection methods differ by implementation), ignition is cut but nothing else; this results in fuel injectors (or carb, if you're super old school) continuing to provide fuel to a turning engine, which mixture either self-ignites in the combustion chamber or on contact with the headers / hot side of the turbo. Very low efficiency combustion, but enough to keep the turbo spooled, so the second the clutch is let back out the car is at full throttle with a spooled turbo - but during the shift, the engine is creating very little torque, so very fast shifts are much less damaging to the transmission. The little flames and "pop pop" sound on upshifts characteristic of WRC cars is the result of this external combustion.

Newer anti-lag systems are far more ridiculous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qCd6Lx7pE

You may notice that the Subaru now sounds like a jet engine. That is because it now has a jet engine.

good article here

The "rocket" system is a pulse jet that is mounted between the turbine and header. It runs off gasoline and uncooled charge air and is the raddest god damned thing ever.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
"How can we make a turbo way less fuel efficient and way more awesome?" :v:

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

There were many boring cars at Home Depot today, but one caught my eye.

:black101: DIESEL AUTOMATIC

Gemini!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

razorscooter posted:

You may notice that the Subaru now sounds like a jet engine. That is because it now has a jet engine.

good article here

The "rocket" system is a pulse jet that is mounted between the turbine and header. It runs off gasoline and uncooled charge air and is the raddest god damned thing ever.

I need this in my life. Fighter jet with wheels would be badass.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chiwie posted:

I need this in my life. Fighter jet with wheels would be badass.

Saab fan, huh?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

razorscooter posted:

good article here

That is loving amazing and thank you for the learning and the photo. Because holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, a pulse jet. Subaru strapped a V1 engine on to keep the turbo spooled. I'm in complete awe of this incredible level of insanity.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

razorscooter posted:

good article here

That is the coolest thing I've read in a while.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yn0CoH4fM

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

XtaC posted:

Gemini!

They even sold the Diesel Gemini in Australia. I think it was the slowest car on sale at the time, as it was a naturally aspirated diesel

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

razorscooter posted:

good article here

fuuuuuuuuuuuck :fap:

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

XtaC posted:

Gemini!

I bought a gemini out of the paper as a paddock basher for 50 bucks and it was an absolute underpowered blast until some oval office found it where I had hidden it under a tree and set fire to it. It was not awesome AI poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hold my beer and watch this.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
The effect cars have on people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDHpvTDJMrc

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

I, uh. Something in my eye.

:unsmith:

ninja edit: calling my mom now

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Forum Hussy posted:

Some of our customers will leave their keys with us to have their vehicles driven to their plane. The other day, one of them left the keys to this:

:awesome:

I saw this car at music city tinting in cool springs last year when my boss was having his Maserati worked on. It sounded bad rear end!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

What do Volvo Amazon wagons go for? (Mom's red one was totaled by a drunk driver 30 years ago and she never forgot about it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Wait no seriously. I mean I know what's going on here, but seriously. What :catstare: