Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

aw man I missed joke phase and insult phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Somber, what do you think of my case on CCKeane?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Jake and dorkanoid please respond to my case about CCKeane

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Other thread, Capps is lying about his lack of day vig so he can use it as a surprise tool later. Keep that in mind.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CapitalistPig posted:

Somber, what do you think of my case on CCKeane?

no

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Guys, lets all respond to Pig's case on Keane.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Here is a look at CCKeane

Lumpens idea was addressed by the mod at this point.

Is sarcastic, classic scum tell.

Here he calls our leader a scat fan.

Clearly working against afp.

I demand that you all respond to this case.

I disagree.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

dorkanoid posted:

No you didnt

CapitalistPig posted:

Jake and dorkanoid please respond to my case about CCKeane

it seems to be an attempt to mock cc keane by using his casebuilding lesson against him

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

mr.capps posted:

hey other thread anime gently caress pillow doesn't actually have a day vig he is just bluffing lol

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

JakeP posted:

No you didnt

it seems to be an attempt to mock cc keane by using his casebuilding lesson against him

apparently I didn't

and that's probably the best day 1 case I've ever seen

##vote cpig

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I agree with your disagreement.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am responding to your responses by calling you all idiots.

I will now go eat a baby.

Good day.

Ok what now keane?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CapitalistPig posted:

Here is a look at CCKeane

Lumpens idea was addressed by the mod at this point.

Is sarcastic, classic scum tell.

Here he calls our leader a scat fan.

Clearly working against afp.

I demand that you all respond to this case.

This is a good start, NOW FOLLOW THROUGH AND DEMAND REACTIONS.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dorkanoid posted:

apparently I didn't

and that's probably the best day 1 case I've ever seen

##vote cpig

This person is a bigger idiot than most of you.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

oh, I'm an idiot, hm?

would an idiot ##unvote at this point?! I think so!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

This is a good start, NOW FOLLOW THROUGH AND DEMAND REACTIONS.

I did already, keep reading.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Just as a warning to you lurkers, if I am forced to make a second pick, it will be the person with the lowest votecount.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

From what I have seen of CL he starts slow, and really builds up later in the game.

I have no doubt he will be a big player this game, but that he has barely dipped his toe in the water makes me think he's intimidated.

chaoslord posted:

For a game where we are going to see additional death outside of normal ways it wasn't a terrible idea. Obviously scumhunting is the superior way to go but until busb came through and said that two people would get lynched by RNG (good guess on your part), the plan made some sense. It was worth a thought. Busb said no dice to it, so that's the end of it.

This is in reference to Meinberg's terrible vote on Lumpen. It's weird that he responds to this on a purely mechanical level and doesn't discern anything about Lumpen or Meinberg's alignment from it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dorkanoid posted:

oh, I'm an idiot, hm?

would an idiot ##unvote at this point?! I think so!

I find that acceptable.

You are back to only being just as much of an idiot as the rest of this thread and less of an idiot than the other thread, because gently caress those guys.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Just as a warning to you lurkers, if I am forced to make a second pick, it will be the person with the lowest votecount.

Good thing I'm voting you, so you are very likely to not have the lowest votecount heh heh heh heh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have an announcement to make, everyone.

Joan Rivers has passed away at the age of 81 :(

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

dorkanoid posted:

It's ok insult phase is the whole game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Good thing I'm voting you, so you are very likely to not have the lowest votecount heh heh heh heh

Oh, I meant postcount rofl, gg me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

I am responding to your responses by calling you all idiots.

I will now go eat a baby.

Good day.

Ok what now keane?

Basically repeat the process, except using the newly gathered posts and information. Continue doing so until all the scum are dead.

If you want my tips on how to play as scum day one, they are as follows:

1.) Scum claim

2.) You've got it, now you're sure to win!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

Scum claim

CCKeane has claimed scum

##vote cckeane

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I have an announcement to make, everyone.

Joan Rivers has passed away at the age of 81 :(

:rip:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have changed clothes as a result of this tragic news.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Pinterest, are you scum again?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Meinberg posted:

You are aware that Diqnol is lynchproof, right? It's part and parcel of the system.
On what do you base this?

I see no mention of anything like that in the OP or rules or any Mod post. Please explain and quote whatever source you have, otherwise that is a Scumpost.

Nothing has happened to ping my scumdar yet except this from Meinberg. I have not developed suspects at this point.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

On what do you base this?

I see no mention of anything like that in the OP or rules or any Mod post. Please explain and quote whatever source you have, otherwise that is a Scumpost.

Nothing has happened to ping my scumdar yet except this from Meinberg. I have not developed suspects at this point.

What for you distinguishes it from a dumb assumption made by town post?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Currently very suspicious of Punt and Meinberg.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Currently very suspicious of Punt and Meinberg.

Why?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

chaoslord has been very quiet but will still pop in, and he's usually a very smart player with an excellent grasp of mechanics and judgment. I don't think he's in any other games and I don't think he's been scum before so I think must be a very overwhelmed first time scum. I would expect him to lead intelligent, reasonable discussion on stats since it was a topic of conversation for several pages. I know he doesn't have a huge amount of a free time, so I could buy that it's also being eaten up by having to read the other thread as a scum player.

(only gonna include this one quote in post for space, others linked) The bolded is a bit unfair, I think. There was just about as much Sting chat as there was actual discussion about stats. Also, Role PMs went out at 12:30am local time, and by 2:22pm local time you were saying "We shouldn't talk about this again." Even if I had wanted to get involved in a higher level discussion of stats (which, you are right about the me being intimidated thing anyway, I had misunderstood the OP to the point where I almost tried to allocate stat points to my three abilities) I wouldn't have had time to get to it.

I'll say that you're probably right to call me out here for not trying to pull alignment from it. First draft of my post had more in it but I felt like I needed more time to really flesh out an opinion on Meinberg or not so I didn't want to go in and say I thought he was scum there just to back down later. Like you note in that same post, I have barely been in this game. Not really a shock based on my other games played, but I am supposed to be doing more to be involved so yeah, that's on me.

AFP, since you asked for people to pick their two scum targets and explain why: I don't have two people I feel good about, I only have one. It's Meinberg. Having had a little time to go over it, I don't like
  • The original post. Still don't like. I mean, yeah, okay, it's day one, and he had already voted Lumpen previously, but this reaction seems overboard. "Lumpen has a bad plan *vote*" seems like a shot to try to build a case early for people to jump on without much substance.
  • After Lumpen's defense, which imo seemed reasonable given that there was nothing mentioned about using a RNG or anything of the sort in the OP, Meiberg basically says "yep, nailed it".
  • Realizing quickly that it wasn't a sufficient defense of his vote, he comes back with this post which amounts to "I guessed right about the RNG :smug:" with an insult thrown on for good measure.

Maybe I'm the one overreacting here but that whole sequence of events just seems like Meinberg trying to build a case out of nothing and then push it. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Lumpen, Pinterest and AFP, please click my post history icon and respond to the questions I asked you, thanks.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

maybe pinterest mom is scum. seems to post in response to things but not give an opinion. Like he is looking for excuses to post so long as he doesn't need to get his hands dirty

I know its early, but I got a vibe from him when reading one of his posts

yeah i've only really responded to rules questions so far. i've been kind of reading the thread but been busy with rl stuff so haven't been able to really read people yet sorry~

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I feel really dumb for being so certain about the lynchproof nature of the team leads. I could have sworn that this was mentioned somewhere, but upon looking back, I can see that this information is nowhere to be found.

I have not comported myself well, and despite my towniness, I accept that I might be executed today.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Meinberg posted:

I feel really dumb for being so certain about the lynchproof nature of the team leads. I could have sworn that this was mentioned somewhere, but upon looking back, I can see that this information is nowhere to be found.

I have not comported myself well, and despite my towniness, I accept that I might be executed today.

We have 3 days, don't just roll over jesus.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Puntification posted:

We have 3 days, don't just roll over jesus.

I'll do a reread of the thread, see if anything pops up. And I'll try to pay more attention moving forward. I'm not rolling over, just saying that I understand the antipathy towards me.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Meinberg posted:

I'll do a reread of the thread, see if anything pops up. And I'll try to pay more attention moving forward. I'm not rolling over, just saying that I understand the antipathy towards me.

I never see Meinberg posting like this on D1.. probably scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Juanito posted:

I never see Meinberg posting like this on D1.. probably scum.

god DAMNIT meinberg

• Locked thread