Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Lumpen (3): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Meinberg, Meinberg, Meinberg, JakeP
anime gently caress pillow (1): CCKeane, JakeP, CCKeane, CCKeane, JakeP
chaoslord (1): Somberbrero
CCKeane (1): CapitalistPig
Ixtlilton (0): Meinberg, Meinberg
CapitalistPig (0): dorkanoid, dorkanoid
Puntification (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
Lynch No One! (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Meinberg (0): Puntification, Puntification

Not Voting (11): 50 pounds of bread, anime gently caress pillow, chaoslord, DGK2000, dorkanoid, Ixtlilton, Juanito, Lumpen, Pinterest Mom, Puntification, Rarity

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

Reminder, raiding parties must be submitted 1 hour before deadline!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Puntification posted:

What for you distinguishes it from a dumb assumption made by town post?

Meinberg appeared to have received definitive information from some source I'm not privy to. If it is actually true that the Baron is unlynchable, that makes it strongly indicate a Scumslip on Meinberg's part.

His tone shift upon being skewered on this looks fake. Especially since it didn't come with an unvote.

##vote Meinberg
I hypothesize that the Scum were given information about how to kill leaders in their PMs, and Meinberg Scumslipped it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Just as a warning to you lurkers, if I am forced to make a second pick, it will be the person with the lowest votecount.

Feel free. I'm doing exactly what I said in the signup thread.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

What the gently caress is a meinberg anyway?

##vote meinberg

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey guys I'm the scum, its me.

discuss.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Football bbl

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey guys I'm the scum, its me.

discuss.

Nah. nah.

##unvote

You're just being CPigish.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mafia edit: wrong thread oops

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

Meinberg appeared to have received definitive information from some source I'm not privy to. If it is actually true that the Baron is unlynchable, that makes it strongly indicate a Scumslip on Meinberg's part.

His tone shift upon being skewered on this looks fake. Especially since it didn't come with an unvote.

##vote Meinberg
I hypothesize that the Scum were given information about how to kill leaders in their PMs, and Meinberg Scumslipped it.

It's possible but it wouldn't be the first unjustified assumption about a setup that a townie asserted as fact that I've seen. Also needless fatalism in my (admittedly limited) experience has been overwhelmingly a towny propensity. I'm not totally averse to lynching him but think Meinberg might just be a dumb-dumb instead.

Also I've just finished rereading the thread, it was 99.9% garbage (margin of error:+/-1%). In other news ##vote meds cures schizos

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Puntification posted:

It's possible but it wouldn't be the first unjustified assumption about a setup that a townie asserted as fact that I've seen. Also needless fatalism in my (admittedly limited) experience has been overwhelmingly a towny propensity. I'm not totally averse to lynching him but think Meinberg might just be a dumb-dumb instead.

Also I've just finished rereading the thread, it was 99.9% garbage (margin of error:+/-1%). In other news ##vote meds cures schizos

Ahahaha, you're a cool dude Punt. I'm still going to vote you, but you're alright.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Ahahaha, you're a cool dude Punt. I'm still going to vote you, but you're alright.

I wrote you a poem, hopefully it will move you:
Interestingly A Moonlight Avery Never Ever Luminous In The Eve Slopping Over Lopping Distant Intertwining Ever Round Down Over Neath'T Kilm In Life Lived More Eternal Yearning Over Under Delicious Udder Mother Born Oh. It got a bit Freudian at the end but that's art for you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hmmmm....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Yeah okay I'll jump on Lumpen then.

##vote lumpen

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I don't like the Lumpen votes, I think he's one of the few who has actually tried to offer useful advice.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I can always get behind a Lumpen lynch

##vote lumpen

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do not lynch Lumpen at this time, please.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Jerk

##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Do not lynch Lumpen at this time, please.

AFP I have photographic evidence of Lumpen pooping on your lawn.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It could use the fertilizer, Keane.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have had many drinks tonight due to football. Perhaps Lumpen is the bad guy after all????

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Apparently vote finder doesn't like my lack of caps (an ill omen for us perhaps?) ##vote MEDS CURES SCHIZOS

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I have had many drinks tonight due to football. Perhaps Lumpen is the bad guy after all????

Eh, he's one that I always get a bad read on, so take that for what it's worth.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Betrayer are you scum? You owe me a boon so you must tell me if you are.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have a town read of Lumpen so far. I plan to really get involved tomorrow or saturday, but mainly I'm being hands off so as to not limit discussion :D

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

Apparently vote finder doesn't like my lack of caps (an ill omen for us perhaps?) ##vote MEDS CURES SCHIZOS

There's no S in cure (I may have also had many drinks) ##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Lumpen (3): MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Meinberg, Meinberg, Meinberg, JakeP, Meinberg, CCKeane, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Meinberg (2): Puntification, Puntification, Lumpen, 50 pounds of bread
chaoslord (1): Somberbrero
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (1): Puntification
Ixtlilton (0): Meinberg, Meinberg
anime gently caress pillow (0): CCKeane, JakeP, CCKeane, CCKeane, JakeP, CCKeane
CapitalistPig (0): dorkanoid, dorkanoid
Puntification (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
Lynch No One! (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
CCKeane (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (10): anime gently caress pillow, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, DGK2000, dorkanoid, Ixtlilton, Juanito, Meinberg, Pinterest Mom, Rarity

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

Reminder, raiding parties must be submitted 1 hour before deadline!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Cpig I am very jealous of that avatar.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ixtlilton posted:

Cpig I am very jealous of that avatar.

Whoever unpotatoed me into this fantastic avatar.

Thank you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Whoever unpotatoed me into this fantastic avatar.

Thank you.

:thumbsup:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gonna stake my ground on the only real read I've got

##vote Meinberg

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Good morning, thread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

DGK2000 posted:

Feel free. I'm doing exactly what I said in the signup thread.

gently caress that.

##vote DGK2000

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

(only gonna include this one quote in post for space, others linked) The bolded is a bit unfair, I think. There was just about as much Sting chat as there was actual discussion about stats. Also, Role PMs went out at 12:30am local time, and by 2:22pm local time you were saying "We shouldn't talk about this again." Even if I had wanted to get involved in a higher level discussion of stats (which, you are right about the me being intimidated thing anyway, I had misunderstood the OP to the point where I almost tried to allocate stat points to my three abilities) I wouldn't have had time to get to it.

I'll say that you're probably right to call me out here for not trying to pull alignment from it. First draft of my post had more in it but I felt like I needed more time to really flesh out an opinion on Meinberg or not so I didn't want to go in and say I thought he was scum there just to back down later. Like you note in that same post, I have barely been in this game. Not really a shock based on my other games played, but I am supposed to be doing more to be involved so yeah, that's on me.

AFP, since you asked for people to pick their two scum targets and explain why: I don't have two people I feel good about, I only have one. It's Meinberg. Having had a little time to go over it, I don't like
  • The original post. Still don't like. I mean, yeah, okay, it's day one, and he had already voted Lumpen previously, but this reaction seems overboard. "Lumpen has a bad plan *vote*" seems like a shot to try to build a case early for people to jump on without much substance.
  • After Lumpen's defense, which imo seemed reasonable given that there was nothing mentioned about using a RNG or anything of the sort in the OP, Meiberg basically says "yep, nailed it".
  • Realizing quickly that it wasn't a sufficient defense of his vote, he comes back with this post which amounts to "I guessed right about the RNG :smug:" with an insult thrown on for good measure.

Maybe I'm the one overreacting here but that whole sequence of events just seems like Meinberg trying to build a case out of nothing and then push it. It just doesn't feel right to me.

This is interesting.

I like the whole of the response. The bolded bit in particular bothers me though. It feels odd that, as town, you would hesitate to offer an opinion, regardless of how fully fleshed it was. Maybe that's indicative of a more thoughtful game than I usually play, but it doesn't strike me as a very town train of thought.

I will also say that I disagree with your interpretations of Meinberg's posts. I take away entirely different conclusions than you now that I take the time to actually read the posts you're quoting.

I like chaoslord and I don't particularly want to see him go, but I think I have a better read on him than most players here and if I had to make a call right now, I'd say he's scum.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NX3orJhGw

Victory is ours. :smugdog:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Can't argue with that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Good morning everyone.

Looking back over things with a clearer head, I don't much care for Chaoslord's case on me. I agree with Somb that he's willfully misinterpreting things in order to present a narrative wherein I'm scum.

Also, Dorkanoid feels off to me. Something about these three posts feels exceedingly forced:

dorkanoid posted:

aw man I missed joke phase and insult phase

dorkanoid posted:

apparently I didn't

and that's probably the best day 1 case I've ever seen

##vote cpig

dorkanoid posted:

oh, I'm an idiot, hm?

would an idiot ##unvote at this point?! I think so!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Adding Somber to my suspicious list.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somber, you always think I'm scum. The day you think early on that I'm town is probably the day you should worry, haha. (fwiw you always read town to me so my world view is gonna blow up one day when you flip scum)

Meinberg, what about my post do you see as willfully misinterpreting rather than just misinterpreting? Obviously you and somber disagree with my interpretation and that's fine, but saying I went out of my way to twist your words rather than just taking something different than you met is a big deal.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Your reads?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I think Lumpen is town. And I've defended chaoslord in multiple games because his posts seem noob scummy (even though he's been town), but this time I really don't think he's town.

Also Meinberg seems like he's putting in more effort than usual on D1? Makes me think he could be scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

chaoslord posted:

Somber, you always think I'm scum. The day you think early on that I'm town is probably the day you should worry, haha. (fwiw you always read town to me so my world view is gonna blow up one day when you flip scum)

Meinberg, what about my post do you see as willfully misinterpreting rather than just misinterpreting? Obviously you and somber disagree with my interpretation and that's fine, but saying I went out of my way to twist your words rather than just taking something different than you met is a big deal.

This post doesn't read to me the way you summarized it.

Chaoslord posted:

Realizing quickly that it wasn't a sufficient defense of his vote, he comes back with this post which amounts to "I guessed right about the RNG " with an insult thrown on for good measure.

Haha, do I really always read you as scum? I don't remember doing that outside of the recent Ecco game, but I believe you.

• Locked thread