Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer this!

Valk is a terrible, terrible dungeon so I'd say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer this!

I am the second worst at judging Descended difficulty, but I think I'm comfortable saying "there's no way in hell you're going to zero-stone it". No shame in that, Valkyrie Descended is a pretty bullshit dungeon. Your team will not cut through Valkyrie's 2.8 million hp in two hits, you can't possibly hope to stall on her for more than a turn or two, and as a bonus she'll heal the first time you knock her below 50%.

I think the biggest improvement you could make to your team is to add a delay. Even swapping in Echidna would be a big help, color-theming be damned. One thing to be aware of: if you manage to _almost_ kill Valkyrie during the delay, she'll skip using her status shield first thing to instead heal to full, then apply the status shield next turn. Like I said: it's pretty bullshit.

If you could really use a Valkyrie (one step closer to a Light-focused Bastet Healer team?) and don't mind burning stones, I think you could get through in a reasonable number. Just be ready to revive or don't bother.

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004
Got a stone for finishing the lowest two stages of Gunma collab. Haven't tried the harder stages yet, but I'd assume you can get another stone?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Zeus Mercury's Ultimate revealed!

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Easy. :catstare:

I have a blodin and wouldn't mind getting through that dungeon, but yarrrrg. Guess I need to pazu harder for doras.

You don't need skyfalls for it, as long as you've set up 3 blue rows and a couple other matches. Even if the Devilit survives, BlOdin actives should be enough to take care of it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

uXs posted:

* Pandora: https://www.padherder.com/user/uXs/teams/#73083

If you're a lucky bastard/whale that has Pandora + Hanzo + Bad Luci/Dmeta, and also Vamp + CDK, and also has everything max leveled, awoken, and skilled, then you can use this team. With it you (almost) don't have to stall, making a 20 minute ordeal in a 5 minute stroll down the beach.

** Teams I don't have experience with:

Everything else. Look up teams on pdx, look at the dungeon description, and decide if you think you can do it. Watching videos of it on youtube can help too. Or ask for advice here or on IRC.

I am said lucky bastard with that Pandora team, I need to try this. Well no CDK skilled up though, could probably use a Delay.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Just went 3/5 on my first Pandora feed!

:gizz:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kilson posted:

You don't need skyfalls for it, as long as you've set up 3 blue rows and a couple other matches. Even if the Devilit survives, BlOdin actives should be enough to take care of it.

Oh. Then maybe I should take a closer look at it.

Kuros posted:

Zeus Mercury's Ultimate revealed!

Mai new waifu. :sparkles:

Happy Big Fun
Jul 23, 2004
Yay!
I gotta say that Pad Herder is a drat nice tool. So much useful information. I can tell whoever develops it also uses it themselves (or used to).

I wish the "My Food" tool got more love so I could keep track of the 20+ Amon skillups I need to evolve, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Easy. :catstare:

I have a blodin and wouldn't mind getting through that dungeon, but yarrrrg. Guess I need to pazu harder for doras.

The board you set up yourself while eating Tamadra binds and doing non-matches. At best it takes 5-10 minutes to put together and another 5-10 to have the bind clear enough to move on.

FYI, the board is 2 blue rows, 1 3-blue then 2-3 dark matches with light or red depending on subs. This is basically your "perfect" setup and that still won't be enough to 1-shot the Devilit without a sky fall combo. The combo by itself with leveled up BlOdin and Hermes is enough to hit the Devilit for 80-90% of his health and after that you have 4-5 turns to do a poo poo load of damage.

So not exactly easy but completely doable since the "stalling" is all done in floor 3 with relative safety.

You CAN set up 3 blue rows but it's really loving annoying to get the exact number of gems needed. More often than not you end with 2 rows + a 3-5 match.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Any s ranks for Gumma yet?

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
Rank 100 get!

So what is the best dungeon for getting power up fodder that isn't the pengdra cycle?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am said lucky bastard with that Pandora team, I need to try this. Well no CDK skilled up though, could probably use a Delay.

I hate you.

I happen to have everything on the perfect pandora team, leveled and skilled, EXCEPT for Hanzo. And without Hanzo the team is useless.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kingnothing posted:

I hate you.

I happen to have everything on the perfect pandora team, leveled and skilled, EXCEPT for Hanzo. And without Hanzo the team is useless.

Yeah well I have a Pandora. That's about it.

:smith:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Got Athena evolved, fed her a noel and 3 tamas, got a Great! Nice way to start the day. One more dub and Thor gets a noel and 4 tamas. I hope we get Girl Thor soon, rather use that ult evo on an Athena team. Will hopefully ult Apollo today too.

https://www.padherder.com/user/tsurupettan/teams/#73424 I'm getting there! So how do Athena and Ronia fare in twinlits/trifruits/super masks?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tsurupettan posted:

I hope we get Girl Thor soon, rather use that ult evo on an Athena team

Book comes out in a month, relax.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

IntelligibleChoir posted:

Rank 100 get!

So what is the best dungeon for getting power up fodder that isn't the pengdra cycle?

I did tier 5-6 dungeons for rank and monster experience until rank 167 (100 stamina) when I switched to Super Kings for monster experience.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
When I first got Athena, I fed her 3 off color snow globes. I've never regretted it. My teams are almost entirely light or dark. Feeding off color stuff is a way of life.

For twinlit chat. If you run a Ronia or Lu Bu with the other as your friend leader, we can make your team twinlits capable. This advice can extend to any number of teams. I am just picking one that is very popular. I will try to use pretty much all farmable stuff for this example.

The challenges of this dungeon are:
1. It is hard to stall for skills. Floor 1 is your only opportunity to stall and it is filled with low HP enemies that will bind the hell out of your team.
2. Floor2 is impossible to survive with normal matching unless your whole team has sub elements and you are able to mass attack with the whole team two turns in a row. A poison, a delay of at least 1 turn or 31k HP is needed to ensure you can survive dublits on a 2 turn timer.
3. Floor3 requires killing the two dubmyths while leaving the tama alive in 5 turns. The tama will try to bind your dudes every turn. There is also the 12k preemptive. Just have 12.1k hp on your team.
4. Floor4 requires a decent burst of damage.

Floor 4 is the easiest. Basically you just can't cripple your damage to solve the problems of all the other floors.
Floor 3 is the second easiest. Even with your subs being bound, it is possible to match down the dubmyths with judicious use of mass attacks. An orb changer makes this easier as does bind immune or bind clearing subs. The more you need to mass attack, the lower the tama will be for stalling making things possibly tense. A delay makes this floor very easy even without a way to deal with binds.
Floor 2 is the hardest floor imo. You need to be able to deal with the dubmyths either with an active skill you stalled for on first floor, a means of eating a 30k hit or to make enough mass attacks to sweep. If one of your subs lacks a sub element, the last option is out.
Floor 1 is the second hardest. You need to carefully plan your damage to leave 1 or 2 mythlits alive if you plan to stall. Leaving 3 alive is usually too much damage and binds to survive.

So with our Ronia / Lu Bu example team, we pretty much have the last floor and the 12k preemptive taken care of with our leaders if we don't go all non devils to solve the problems of the other floors. Floor 2 is easily handled by a lilith. Most people have a lilith and she can double as a boost to a follow up attack should our first attack on the lits fail. Other options here could be bane, batman, echidna or several others. A max skill echidna can be used to trivialize this dungeon by delaying first turn against floor 2 and then being ready again before the dubmyths attack on floor 3 if at least one dublit on floor 2 has a 3 turn counter or greater. We will assume SL 1 echidna and lilith for our example though.

So the solution to 2 is going to be lilith. That means we are going to stall on floor 1. Since we are stalling on 1, we might as well deal with 3 by delaying it. Echidna can make that floor easy mode while giving us lots of turns to kill the lits if we stall for her active on the tama. Another option could be to bring a single target defense bypass active like a UFO or Tenth Angel. Dealing with a single dubmyth also makes third floor easily managable.

The team at this point is Ronia/Lu Bu leaders with Lilith/Echidna/X/X.

The final problem to deal with is all the binds on first floor while we are stalling and to a lesser extent, third floor. First floor the mythlits will bind all subs of a color they choose for 2-4 turns. They alternate this with punching almost 5k. Two mytlits can easily bind your entire team for half a dozen turns and then wear you down alternating normal punches and additional bind turns for your subs. The most ideal way to deal with this is a bind immune, bind clearing sub like Ceres or Isis. The bind immune sub can wear down one of the mythlits even without a bonus to atk to slow down damage. Then when enough turns have passed for skills to be up, they can clear all binds with their active. The team can kill the remaining mythlit and move on. That isn't required but it is nice. An alternative is an off color bind immune sub to eat bind attemps, kill off all but one mythlit and give your team a chance to escape from binds. If your team is only 2 colors without bind immunity, binds will stack up too high to ever reasonably escape the first floor.

I will use an ultimate golem for this team. They are "farmable". Your team will be much better off using some bind immune sub that has a reason to exist outside of this team. Grodin is really really great for this. His auto heal allows you to stall forever if needed. But for this example we will use a green ultimate golem. There are a lot of options for this slot. All light or green bind attempts are a wasted turn by the mytlit allowing the rest of your team's bind count do drop by 1. The light and green bind attempts combined with normal punches allow your team to have the possibility to escape from binds when you are ready to move on. This can probably be done with a non bind immune two color sub. It isn't recommended though. If you have a neptune, he could help you through both first and second floor with bind immunity and a poison. Once we are ready to move on, we will make ronia with her bind clear awakening help clear binds on the rest of the team. But just be careful about making sure your bind count is low enough before messing around with matching too much. Bind count drops even when you don't make a match. use that to reduce bind count without killing the mythlit before you are ready.

So the team is Lilith/Echidna/G/L golem/X. At this point we have solved all of the problems of this dungeon. So lets make it a vampire. He can help in the case of orb troll on 3, his blue sub will eat some bind attempts and he can help with a follow up attack on the lits if the first one doesn't kill them.

This is an example of how to clear this dungeon with your normal leads and farmable stuff. Except for the golem, this example isn't going far out of its way to have a team capable of farming this one dungeon. I hate the zeus team for being a big resource sink for a single dungeon. The resource sink on this team doesn't have to be a golem. Most people will have a bind immune REM sub to do the same thing.

MrPants fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 5, 2014

Plonk
Jun 27, 2009
Oh gently caress yes my first twinlits clear!

Ended up using a standard LMeta/Valk/Angelion/Echidna/King Shynee/LMeta team. Thanks MrPants.

The days of hunting after dubmyths are hopefully over.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009

Kingnothing posted:

I hate you.

I have everything but the D Meta/FA Luci :argh: Meanwhile I have two max-skilled Hanzos.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Tsurupettan posted:

Got Athena evolved, fed her a noel and 3 tamas, got a Great! Nice way to start the day. One more dub and Thor gets a noel and 4 tamas. I hope we get Girl Thor soon, rather use that ult evo on an Athena team. Will hopefully ult Apollo today too.

https://www.padherder.com/user/tsurupettan/teams/#73424 I'm getting there! So how do Athena and Ronia fare in twinlits/trifruits/super masks?

That team will totally work over both dungeons. Once it is all evoed, you will be over 30k hp to eat a hit on floor 2 of twinlits if needed. Floor 3, Athena kills both dubmyths on turn 1.

For trifruits, take some time to get yourself a nice board to use Apollo, Thor, and Athena actives. Follow up with Verche Athena to finish any fruits that live. You can take a hit from the green fruit if needed. If you find that you come up short on damage, bench grodin for Kirin or maybe Bastet.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Or you can just do this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNpJmgDXtNU

:v:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

opaopa13 posted:

I am the second worst at judging Descended difficulty, but I think I'm comfortable saying "there's no way in hell you're going to zero-stone it". No shame in that, Valkyrie Descended is a pretty bullshit dungeon. Your team will not cut through Valkyrie's 2.8 million hp in two hits, you can't possibly hope to stall on her for more than a turn or two, and as a bonus she'll heal the first time you knock her below 50%.

I think the biggest improvement you could make to your team is to add a delay. Even swapping in Echidna would be a big help, color-theming be damned. One thing to be aware of: if you manage to _almost_ kill Valkyrie during the delay, she'll skip using her status shield first thing to instead heal to full, then apply the status shield next turn. Like I said: it's pretty bullshit.

If you could really use a Valkyrie (one step closer to a Light-focused Bastet Healer team?) and don't mind burning stones, I think you could get through in a reasonable number. Just be ready to revive or don't bother.

Yeah I tried with that team and managed to do ~75% of Valk's HP in damage with a combo that had two 4 matches and a three match, but then she healed and bound both my leaders for 5 turns :v:. I'm gonna try again later taking out Canopus for my Echidna so that I can get three turns of orb-changed offense to burst Valk down with.

Edit: Wish I had snagged and extra RK to busty my Isis with, if I ran her as a sub on my chufty Bastet team instead of the Golem I wouldn't have to worry at all about Valk's bind because I'd have guaranteed 4 turn bind removal with a friend.

Jolyne Cujoh fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 5, 2014

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
What team is that in the video, I only recognise 1 of them
Makes it look easy as gently caress eh

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

It's getting really tiring repeatedly pulling Carbuncles and slimes (the shittiest of both kinds too) from the PAL machine during an evo materials event.

E: No Dub-Mythlit drops today either, on a x2 drop rate.

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 5, 2014

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Pandora/Hanzo/CDK-V/DDHaku/FALuci/Pandora

Edit: Had CDK-V and Hanzo out of order versus how they are slotted in the team.

endjinn
Sep 22, 2013

How crucial is bad Luci for this team? I wonder if I could substitute Tiamat there.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did some testing on Twinlits today, and I've found that I can clear it pretty quickly and reliably with a Zeus/Verche/Fuma (max-skill)/AA Meta/Kirin/Athena team. With 2 Light orb-changers ready on Turn 1, I can clear Floors 1/2 and the Dub-Myths on 3 with relative ease. Then it's just stall on the Tama, set up the board, use AA Meta to clear binds if necessary, and use Verche->Fuma->Kirin->Athena on the bosses. (Don't even need Zeus's active skill.)

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Pandora / Hanzo / Chaos Dragon Knight / Haku / Fallen Angel Lucifer / Pandora

It's a great team, but all of the mons except one are REM-exclusive.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Pandora, Hanzo, Haku, cdk, bad luci

e: so late

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Please be physical with some row enhance.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DaveWoo posted:

Pandora / Hanzo / Chaos Dragon Knight / Haku / Fallen Angel Lucifer / Pandora

It's a great team, but all of the mons except one are REM-exclusive.

Haku can be swapped for Vamp. You get an extra orb changer, but it does mean that half of the time, instead of doing 2 mass dark attacks on floor 2, you also need to do 1 blue mass attack in the same amount of turns. (Which is mostly 2 turns.)

endjinn posted:

How crucial is bad Luci for this team? I wonder if I could substitute Tiamat there.

You get one less skill boost, which means you won't get your orb changers up first turn. I think you also get less damage output with its active skill, but I don't know if that makes a difference. The skill boost thing is not a detail.

Edit: actually, Haku has a skill boost too, so I guess you have one extra? So Tiamat would probably work if you can do enough damage on the last floor!

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

endjinn posted:

I think you need Bad Luci's enhance. Maybe a max-skill Hadar will still be ready in time? Otherwise, maybe Cerebus would work?

It kills me that Trifruits / Sky Prison don't have their cool backgrounds anymore. It's probably just a limitation where all the subdungeons have to have the same background, but it still feels lame.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Isn't it ~75 sta/dub-mythlit for both Expert Friday and Twinlits? Not sure why people think that being able to run Twinlits makes dub-myths easy since there's definitely a nonzero chance you fail Twinlits from bad starting boards... but I guess the additional 1/3 chance to get a baby Tamadra is what makes it worthwhile.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I just tried that. They were lucky that the Tama started on a two turn timer. Mine spawned on a one-turn timer, went on to bind Pandora on the first turn, then again on the second (it survived with one health since Pandora couldn't attack). I thankfully saved heart orbs from Pandora's active when I saw its timer, so I was able to clear 4 turns from her binds with a heart row and have everyone unbound on the lits, but this is the real weak point of this team comp.

It's probably easier than using LMeta though, so thanks for linking the video.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, Noah Descended confirmed for tomorrow. What teams are y'all planning to do? (Keep in mind that you're required to have one team member for each primary element for this dungeon.)

The Hebug posted:

Isn't it ~75 sta/dub-mythlit for both Expert Friday and Twinlits?

Yup. (Well, technically, it's a little less than 75 for Expert, since there's a chance of a Dub-Myth invade, but the point still stands.)

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004
I remember it being said that you should get 4 leeks from the Gunma collab.

Done, but what kinda stuff can I use them for?

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Yesssss I was able to run Shrine of Spirits - Expert without using stones four times in a row! :toot:

Double Yesssss I can evo Misato now! :getin:

and now I'm out of gold. drat. Went on a fusion/evo spree the past few days, that burns up gold quick.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Holy_Zarquon posted:

I remember it being said that you should get 4 leeks from the Gunma collab.

Done, but what kinda stuff can I use them for?

Low-cost dungeons like Draggie and Tengu. Sylph + 4 Leeks + Sylph is a pretty standard Draggie team.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Low-cost dungeons like Draggie and Tengu. Sylph + 4 Leeks + Sylph is a pretty standard Draggie team.

Are Draggie or Tengu even still relevant for any serious use? They both suck so hard and have replacements that don't require you to waste time and box space just to run their dumb bullshit descends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

escape mechanism posted:

I just tried that. They were lucky that the Tama started on a two turn timer. Mine spawned on a one-turn timer, went on to bind Pandora on the first turn, then again on the second (it survived with one health since Pandora couldn't attack). I thankfully saved heart orbs from Pandora's active when I saw its timer, so I was able to clear 4 turns from her binds with a heart row and have everyone unbound on the lits, but this is the real weak point of this team comp.

It's probably easier than using LMeta though, so thanks for linking the video.

Jeez, I hadn't even noticed the bind-clearing skill, that's terrible.

Anyway, even without that you can kill the Tama (asap) first, and make sure you kill the lits as late as possible. You also have one extra turn on the last floor, they won't kill you right away.

So it's not a complete faceroll, but it's a million times easier than the traditional teams.

• Locked thread