Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

GulagDolls posted:

defend myself from what

I put a vote on you, dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

theres nothign to defend myself from because you are voting me for no reason. defend yourself from this: your bad because of what i saw in my tea leaves this morning

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

Please go into the first battle to prove your fealty.

If you think he's scum, you do not want him in battle. The OP says that putting scum in fights is extremely dangerous, so I'd guess that they can hurt our people.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

also ##vote brazen kb has a a slamdunk case. we should all put votes on one person so we dont lynch two people due to capps being a fool

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

If you think he's scum, you do not want him in battle. The OP says that putting scum in fights is extremely dangerous, so I'd guess that they can hurt our people.

ok i changed my mind put me in battle

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

GulagDolls posted:

theres nothign to defend myself from because you are voting me for no reason. defend yourself from this: your bad because of what i saw in my tea leaves this morning

Look dude, even if you're town, the battle thing is important for soldiers and you're not being cooperative.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Look dude, even if you're town, the battle thing is important for soldiers and you're not being cooperative.

i'm not going into battle and that's that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

GulagDolls posted:

ok i changed my mind put me in battle

jfc

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

apostateCourier posted:

Or if he's scum we can lynch him before he gets the chance to screw us.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

this means that people wh oactually want to battle are the bad guys, pa.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
PM you realize I decide who gets to go into battle right? Why the hell would I want to put someone in combat who has said time and time again they are poo poo at combat?

You are making zero sense here.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think pm may be bad.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

i think pm may be bad.

on the other hand, someone who was scum would surely know that scum being sent into battle was a good thing, for them, and would not latch onto such egregious point immediateley, which would be defeated, also immediately.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i get the feeling that while i was lucky enough to have merk in my thread i am was probably unlucky enough for him to be scum in my thread

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mr.capps posted:

i get the feeling that while i was lucky enough to have merk in my thread i am was probably unlucky enough for him to be scum in my thread

i don't think so

i remember him once saying he wanted to win two games by making the exact same posts in both games - him being comfortable to try that in this game probably means he doesn't care about other things like being scum yeah?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ernie. posted:

i don't think so

i remember him once saying he wanted to win two games by making the exact same posts in both games - him being comfortable to try that in this game probably means he doesn't care about other things like being scum yeah?

IM JUST TERRIFIED

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like not of scum merk because apparently i am one of the few that can read him but terrified at the lost that we could not have one of our best assets

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want Hal and Fat Samurai to talk more.

Also to a lesser extent asiina but she is understandably busy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This should be easy, double plurality should make scum more scared then us. They will be near the bottom of the post count, but not the very bottom, out of the fear of you know, the DOUBLE PLURALITY.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

Last I heard assina was on a malaysian airlines flight. 370 I think?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Phone posting, grammar may suffer

At any rate, I think wussing out for battle is probably the strongest scumslip we have to work with right now.

I will give a read through the thread tonight and post ideas, but I wanted to stand up to this. This is a bad theory, because town can have several reasons for wanting to stay out of battle. Of the top of my head:

A) A character may be bad at combat. Enjoy your 0 in every stat.
B) A healer role: "If not in battle, remove two wounds from a fellow player"
C) A sniper role: "cause a wound to a random enemy from far away"
D) A more usual Mafia role: "instead of fighting, you get to find the alignment of a player in your thread."

Basically, your theory is based on suppositions about game mechanics we know nothing about.

Speaking of skills, lumpen (maybe?) said something about growing more powerful as time goes by. May be something to keep in mind.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Or maybe I could preview instead of posting and not miss a whole page of posts.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't like PM

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

potato potato potato

potato?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Potato.

The conversation has moved on, but yeah, based on the information we've been given, I'd think scum would want to take part in battles.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fat Samurai posted:

Phone posting, grammar may suffer

I will give a read through the thread tonight and post ideas, but I wanted to stand up to this. This is a bad theory, because town can have several reasons for wanting to stay out of battle. Of the top of my head:

A) A character may be bad at combat. Enjoy your 0 in every stat.
B) A healer role: "If not in battle, remove two wounds from a fellow player"
C) A sniper role: "cause a wound to a random enemy from far away"
D) A more usual Mafia role: "instead of fighting, you get to find the alignment of a player in your thread."

Basically, your theory is based on suppositions about game mechanics we know nothing about.

Speaking of skills, lumpen (maybe?) said something about growing more powerful as time goes by. May be something to keep in mind.

This...makes sense. Sorry for assuming way too much.

fwiw I was also phone posting.

##unvote

capps, what makes you afraid of merk?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Not exactly loving you, either, but at least you're saying stuff. Do you have anything on merk that doesn't involve that pairing theory?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Not exactly loving you, either, but at least you're saying stuff. Do you have anything on merk that doesn't involve that pairing theory?

I don't have anything on Merk. The whole thing was to see if anyone would jump on and try to get rid of Merk to little to no reason.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. I don't like replacing out but I'm not really feeling too into it at the moment and lurking is terrible so I think I should before it gets too far into the game.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina, are you scum? If you're scum just tell us and instead of replacing out we can just vote you out.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Also: Capps, I humbly request to be on the front lines of battle.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Nah, just feeling kinda apathetic which isn't fair to our glorious commander capps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHaZZBIiozM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

What shall we talk about?

I have a thirst for blood, send me into battle!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Popping in from a computer that's not mine to say that my internet is dead, and is going to be dead until likely Sunday at the earliest.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I should probably mention that me and apostate are in a masonry together, and he scumclaimed to me.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

I should probably mention that me and apostate are in a masonry together, and he scumclaimed to me.

Oh poo poo. I'd vote for him if I were in his group.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Replacing in for Asiina. Gonna need to read to catch up.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:siren:100 years replaces Asiina :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Brazen Apothecary (2): King Burgundy, GulagDolls
Tremendous Taste (1): Magnus Gallant
natx (1): winvirus, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
Magnus Gallant (1): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, merk
King Burgundy (1): winvirus, winvirus, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy
Your Personal Muse (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
winvirus (0): mr.capps, mr.capps
merk (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
GulagDolls (0): Ernie., Ernie., Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine

Not Voting (11): 100YrsofAttitude, apostateCourier, Brazen Apothecary, Ernie., Fat Samurai, Little Mac, mr.capps, natx, Propaganda Machine, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 15 hours.

• Locked thread