Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Lumpen is up there too though for real for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Especially considering Lumpen has barely posted at all, and feels fine to agree with Diqnol that I have been inactive since Joke Phase ended, like yesterday?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

JakeP posted:

Lumpen is up there too though for real for real
Do an honest re-read (even if just my posts) and see if you're still sure.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, since you're here, I might as well tell you all that comment was a booy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

When did I say I was sure about anything?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

Ok, those two posts are really bad. A whole lot of words with virtually zero content.

50, what do you think of chaoslord?

He's a player in this game that could, or could not be scum.

My posts are fantastic, they are logical reasonings about why someone elses vote is fallacious.

Additionally they explain why me not posting "content" isn't indicative of alignment.

What more could you want?!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

You're posts are trash what are you talking about?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You are posts are trash

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote dumbass lumpen that scrub bitch

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
You seem angry. Are you feeling ok?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Lumpen is clearly town, what are you doing?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
yes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

50 pounds of bread posted:

Explain

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

He made a lumpen list, and I am not on the townie side of it.

Scum lumpen doesn't make those.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just reread PM, still not seeing it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Would vote 50

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

50 is either Lumpens scumbro (not likely) or scum that knows Lumpen is town (my guess)

##vote 50

His second post and first post here do not align, Lumpen is not "clearly town" because he made a dumbass list.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

You clearly haven't played with lumpen very much.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

You clearly haven't played with lumpen very much.

I have played with him as scum where he posted lists

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
JakeP,

You seem to be spazzing. I don't think you're likely Scum, but maybe you would benefit from a more circumspect approach.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

JakeP posted:

Cite your sources.

Otherwise I don't believe you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JakeP posted:

It's not a far leap to say that a scum Lumpen is afraid of a town 50 enough to always list him as Town so as to avoid 50's ire. I'm not going to go back and check Lumpen's lists to verify, of course.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

He's a player in this game that could, or could not be scum.

My posts are fantastic, they are logical reasonings about why someone elses vote is fallacious.

Additionally they explain why me not posting "content" isn't indicative of alignment.

What more could you want?!

Opinions would be nice.

Also, the reason you gave for not posting content not indicating your alignment was "My lack of personal content is not inherently scummy". Your posts are a whole lot of justifications to explain why you don't need to do anything, you jumped on the Meinberg train with a joke vote and you're generally being obstructive to scum hunting. If you're not scum then you should stop being a twat and actually play some mafia cause right now you're just hurting us.

##vote 50

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Who says my vote on meinberg is a joke?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Cite your sources.

Otherwise I don't believe you.
I have posted many, many Scumpen Lists in the past, and if I were Scum here, upon being asked by Diqnol, I would have produced a False List here as well.

50 your meta is wrong (or very very very old), although your read is right.
The "Lumpen does not post Lists as Scum" meta was famously broken forever in the World of Warcraft Mafia soldiers game run by Mordecius, years ago.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Lumpen posted:

I have posted many, many Scumpen Lists in the past, and if I were Scum here, upon being asked by Diqnol, I would have produced a False List here as well.

50 your meta is wrong (or very very very old), although your read is right.
The "Lumpen does not post Lists as Scum" meta was famously broken forever in the World of Warcraft Mafia soldiers game run by Mordecius, years ago.

I missed the memo.

Were you in the other thread?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

anime gently caress pillow posted:

It's not a far leap to say that a scum Lumpen is afraid of a town 50 enough to always list him as Town so as to avoid 50's ire. I'm not going to go back and check Lumpen's lists to verify, of course.
I have 50 listed as Somewhat Suspicious.

JakeP posted:

50 is either Lumpens scumbro (not likely) or scum that knows Lumpen is town (my guess)
This is a reasonable train of thought.

I missed the memo.

Were you in the other thread?
I'm pretty sure you've seen me post Lists as Scum many times and also been present for several discussions specifically about that meta.

50's conclusions and basis for them do not seem very sincere to me, it does seem like he knows I'm Town.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

I have 50 listed as Somewhat Suspicious.

The way I read his post was such that he was saying that because you didn't list him as town that it meant you were town. His further posting disproved that reading.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Lumpen posted:

I'm pretty sure you've seen me post Lists as Scum many times and also been present for several discussions specifically about that meta.

Nope, I have literally never seen a scum lumpen list.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The way I read his post was such that he was saying that because you didn't list him as town that it meant you were town. His further posting disproved that reading.

That was an additional point to the lumpen list thing, which I felt was stronger evidence.

As scum, lumpen getting into tiffs with me has ended badly for him. As town he is more willing to visit that option.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I feel like the Spice Fields are a trap, mechanically, but I hope that I am proven wrong.

##vote Ixt

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They're a way for a lot of people to die quickly.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm a good shooter guy, put me in.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

They're a way for a lot of people to die quickly.

That what I was thinking but I guess if that's your plan then well played!

You can send me if you like. I don't think I'm an optimal combatant but if I'm on your scummy list then it makes sense. I might even do pretty okay.

I read both 50 and Lumpen as town from their exchange. Sorry for the less than tremendous effort, last week saw both of my computers and my router died and I'm still working on fixing the issue.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

This is an interesting thing you said, but let me posit something. Your accusation was that my meinberg vote was easy. So the premise of the argument here is that easy votes are scummy. Yet you are making the suggestion that me making an easy vote is scummy, which in turn is an easy vote. Does that mean that your vote is scummy because it too was also easy?

You accuse me of trying to seem active, which I am not doing unless your definition of active is present. I am posting insight when I have it (how to deal with double plurality), asking questions of our leader when I want his input (sharing strengths questions), and voting on positions I feel to be agreeable enough to warrant further attention. My lack of personal content is not inherently scummy, nor is my using light-content posts to essentially signal that I am indeed here and paying attention.

If I were trying to avoid suspicion would it not be better for me to pretend to contribute? Or how about make myself scarce enough from the thread that I am an entire non-factor? Why would I make posts which seem controversial to some if I wish to avoid suspicion?

Your easy case has become more complicated, will you choose to press onward, or will you give up?

If you choose to give up, I would like to know exactly which points I made swayed you, and why.

I never said your vote was easy, I said it was lazy (you don't bother providing any reasoning so we can't judge the intent behind the vote and I don't like that) also opportunistic, a quasi-jokevote and bandwagonning. I have previously agreed with AFP's point when he said meinberg is someone easy to kill perhaps you confused the two points?

I pointed out numerous things I didn't like about how you've been playing and what you've done so I am not simply voting you for a bad vote, I also provided my reasons and was maybe the second person to vote you so can't really be accused of bandwagonning you either so the votes are not really similar as far as I'm concerned, someone might argue it's an easy vote cos you seem really scummy I guess though!

I also didn't accuse you of trying to seem active, that was part of my explanation of why scum like set up speculation because it's a good way of doing stuff in the thread without contributing to scumhunting, I'm aware you're not trying to appear active but you are primarily posting about anything other than scum hunting or reads, which I find suspicious.

Lack of effort is not always a scumtell it's true but nothing you've said has been particularly convincing so I'm happy where my vote is.

Pinterest Mom posted:

this last point on fiddy is very weak. in a super complex, unfamiliar game, in which our thread king need to know our combat prowess, he was looking for advice or instruction on how much to reveal. that's not an encouragement to reveal it, it's asking other if he should. that's fine!

Maybe you're right on this point, still fine with where my vote is based on the other stuff.

Pinterest Mom posted:

what is this even
I just wanted you to post. Or scumslip that would have been fine too.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i feel good about punt, i think. "unreasonable rear end in a top hat" is how he plays.
*sniff* You get me Pinterest, you get me.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
##vote Ixt

he's at -1 now

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Juanito posted:

##vote Ixt

he's at -1 now

Plurality, Juanito.

Top 2 people with votes get lynched.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Oh right

##unvote

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Gee Meinberg sure got quiet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Juanito posted:

Oh right

##unvote

No no, please keep it there. I want there to be 0 people not voting.

• Locked thread