Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

RaspberryCommie posted:

Is Yogs complete 1.7? I've tried both regular and insulated conduits, and the drawbridge receives no signal from any side. Even when I force a connection point with the insulated conduit it doesn't react at all.

I got them working with rednet cable-- just make sure you set the cable side to 'forced connection' iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody remember when this thread was about posting pictures of cool builds?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mr sad posted:

I do, back in the glory days of 1.2.5 :allears:

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

mr sad posted:

I generally don't build too huge, but this is what I've been working on in the Progress server:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

mr sad posted:

I have trouble not building giant boxes, sorry. Even my current build looks just a tiny bit better than "giant square tower".

This was my most effort build I ever did, which I think I did pretty good on.

http://imgur.com/a/6J5HM

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Man Whore posted:

I have trouble not building giant boxes, sorry. Even my current build looks just a tiny bit better than "giant square tower".

This was my most effort build I ever did, which I think I did pretty good on.

http://imgur.com/a/6J5HM

'Spretty good. Ill post some pictures tomorrow, i like the small farm i got going before i went full lamp-of-growth farming tower.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

My current project is over on the Limecraft server, I decided to build a scale model of a dungeons and dragons dungeon map. It's still quite a work in progress, though, even with creative mode. I'm also not sure how to decorate it entirely. I'm planning on making the boss room floor out of obsidian, and other areas are various other materials, with torches to light hallways and sea lanterns embedded in room floors just to try to not gently caress with torches everyfuckingwhere.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Question time! I want to play a magic-oriented server just for a change of pace, but I quickly go insane in other games before I get an Applied Energistics storage network up. Is there anything like that in magic-land or, well, how do you all manage?

(edit) I'm thinking of poking around on Luddite in PGS for example

ffguy
Apr 14, 2007
I'm a gopher.

Ciaphas posted:

Question time! I want to play a magic-oriented server just for a change of pace, but I quickly go insane in other games before I get an Applied Energistics storage network up. Is there anything like that in magic-land or, well, how do you all manage?

You can get a basic sorting system rolling with golems but at the end of the day you're still storing stuff in a shitload of chests and barrels. There's no item retrieval mechanic like in AE so it behooves you to be a little organized. I tend to segregate items by mod, so I've got a couple gold/diamond chests labeled using item frames to keep it organized as much as possible.

I think the key is to build in way more storage then you think you'll need and consciously keep items sorted into their chests. If you get more then a chest full of something bump up to a barrel. If you max out the barrel seriously consider about throwing everything else into lava. You don't really need 10,000 cobble or dirt for most magic-related stuff. Luddite in particular isn't a modpack where you will acquire gigantic amounts of stuff until way late in when you get access to the Bedrock Dimension.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I frequently get inspiration for builds, but when testing them in creative I get burnt out on spacing and adapting several contradictory design theories at once

I'm not even sure what tech mods require for spacing nowadays anymore anyways

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Been a long time since I used minecraft, so I thought I'd pick up a couple random packs I saw and so on. I'm a bit confused with NEI right now because it doesn't have the save inventory state things and all the various buttons I remember. It is just the items pages on the right and blank on the left where that all used to be.

The big dig I grabbed seems to be fine, but this Serendipity one just is all whacked out. Is there some weird thing I need to do to make it work, or did the pack maker just bone it up?

Also goddamn there are a lot of pokemon modpacks.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Synnr posted:

Been a long time since I used minecraft, so I thought I'd pick up a couple random packs I saw and so on. I'm a bit confused with NEI right now because it doesn't have the save inventory state things and all the various buttons I remember. It is just the items pages on the right and blank on the left where that all used to be.

The big dig I grabbed seems to be fine, but this Serendipity one just is all whacked out. Is there some weird thing I need to do to make it work, or did the pack maker just bone it up?

I think sometimes NEI is set to default to the not-cheating settings. You have to go into NEI's menu and enable cheat mode, and possibly do so world-specifically. I haven't seen anything to back up the concept, but I suspect something might have changed that made global settings not work correctly.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

ugh the lack of *ducts is really hurting. It took me 3 different pipe attempts to finally find one that worked with Tesseract to digital miner. Tried Mekanism as they are what I've been using all over but apparently they don't receive energy through tesseracts, switched to ender IO, but that didn't work either. I ended up using EU Transfer Nodes and Pipes to get the energy in, and then had to do the same for items after they refused to remove items from its inventory and send it back through. It's worth noting that my first attempt was just put it on the Digital Miner but I didn't get any items that way.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
For items on digital miners I just use an ender chest. Hook up a paired chest to an AE network with an import bus or whatever other storage solution you like.

Edit:VVV there are items like that, like the Uncrafting Table from Twilight Forest. They have always seemed a little hit or miss for actual use in my experience though.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 8, 2014

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Someone should make a refund machine, that just turns an item back into it's crafting materials. Any particular way that could be OP? It is late so I'm unable to think of anything at the moment that would make it ridiculous.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cerepol posted:

Someone should make a refund machine, that just turns an item back into it's crafting materials. Any particular way that could be OP? It is late so I'm unable to think of anything at the moment that would make it ridiculous.

When you make recipes of things with multiple recipes it may allow you to duplicate or transfer ore types.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Cerepol posted:

There's already one in Twilight Forest, the Uncrafting table. It eats experience to keep it balanced though.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Alkydere posted:

There's already one in Twilight Forest, the Uncrafting table. It eats experience to keep it balanced though.

Sweet never been to the twiligjt forest for more than a jaunt. It's on impact flux so I know what I'm doing tomorrow

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

JerikTelorian posted:

Regarding Big Reactors, does anyone understand the ins/outs for an actively-cooled system?

I have a 5x5x5 reactor with a 3-high core surrounded by gold. There are two coolant input ports connected to the reactor with 8 aqueous accumulators attached to each. In my understanding, this should result in 25mB * 16 = 400mB/t of water getting into the reactor, and should, I assume, mean a maximum of 400mB/t steam output. I can't seem to get enough input to get this high, though. I'm using fluiducts for liquid transfer, so a single fluiduct (360mB flow) should be able to handle 8 aqueous accumulators (200mB/t output).

How can I find out the actual input of fluid as well as the conversion from water to steam, so I can better design my system for maximum capacity?

The way i understood it is you use the steam generators and then condensors to pipe the used steam back into the reactor as water meaning a closed system where you then can supplement it with an aqueous accumulator.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Synnr posted:

You only have the load/save stuff when you have op on a server.

Also mod pack builders are tweaking their packs to make it hard all the time, For instance there is a modpack called "End of Light" that is fixed locally to not allow cheat mode etc.
Very nasty.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Cerepol posted:

I find your base, steal your stuff and pipe it through the refund machine

I win you lose...

Would provide too much griefability

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

TheresaJayne posted:

I find your base, steal your stuff and pipe it through the refund machine

I win you lose...

Would provide too much griefability
People can already do that, they just can't turn the materials back. There's still plenty of profit to be had, most items you wouldn't want to disassemble anyway.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
OpenComputers has a disassembler too, but in the default config it only works on things from that mod

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

People can already do that, they just can't turn the materials back. There's still plenty of profit to be had, most items you wouldn't want to disassemble anyway.

Well on the voltz server i used to play on the only thing they stole from you was ME drives

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Automagy might be good for this, no idea if its in Luddite.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2125369-tc4-addon-automagy-automation-and-logistics-v0-9

quote:

Version 0.9 brings the Inventarium Core and Unseen Scribe. With these, the tally box can react to the contents of multiple chests at once as if they were one giant inventory.

Its a neat mod from what i've used of it so far. Feels inspired by redpower but with a thaumcraft take on it.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Red_October_7000 posted:

I think sometimes NEI is set to default to the not-cheating settings. You have to go into NEI's menu and enable cheat mode, and possibly do so world-specifically. I haven't seen anything to back up the concept, but I suspect something might have changed that made global settings not work correctly.

Yeah I have it all not, just not sure why the buttons and what not are gone. I can take stacks of items and all that out.

TheresaJayne posted:

Also mod pack builders are tweaking their packs to make it hard all the time, For instance there is a modpack called "End of Light" that is fixed locally to not allow cheat mode etc.
Very nasty.

I used to be able to save inventory states in ssp, did NEI get changed that drastically that even when its on cheat mode you can't "cheat"? What the heck. I just want magnet mode for godsake.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

Very nasty.

What the gently caress is wrong with people to do this crap?

Nevermind, control spergs gonna sperg. Self explanatory.

Tsubasa2004
Feb 14, 2003
NEI defaults to managing recipe/cheat/utility mode by world, but opens the global settings when you go into that menu. To fix that, click on the button in the top-right to switch to your world settings, and either change the settings there, or right-click on the button next to the inventory mode button to put it back on global control.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

ptroll posted:

I got them working with rednet cable-- just make sure you set the cable side to 'forced connection' iirc.

Did this. Didn't respond to rednet cable either. Even when the side is forced connection.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Cerepol posted:

ugh the lack of *ducts is really hurting. It took me 3 different pipe attempts to finally find one that worked with Tesseract to digital miner. Tried Mekanism as they are what I've been using all over but apparently they don't receive energy through tesseracts, switched to ender IO, but that didn't work either. I ended up using EU Transfer Nodes and Pipes to get the energy in, and then had to do the same for items after they refused to remove items from its inventory and send it back through. It's worth noting that my first attempt was just put it on the Digital Miner but I didn't get any items that way.

A tesseract should work with a digital miner. That is how I usually end up using the thing. Is this some special mod/version combination that is causing conflicts?

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

A tesseract should work with a digital miner. That is how I usually end up using the thing. Is this some special mod/version combination that is causing conflicts?

on Modderation, I put one tesseract on the hole on the butt of the digiminer to send items back to my AE, and another tesseract somewhere else on the body of the digiminer to supply power to it. I used to bring in power/extract items with a single tesseract, but Mekanism 7 seems to be a little shaky with that.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

mechaet posted:

on Modderation, I put one tesseract on the hole on the butt of the digiminer to send items back to my AE, and another tesseract somewhere else on the body of the digiminer to supply power to it. I used to bring in power/extract items with a single tesseract, but Mekanism 7 seems to be a little shaky with that.

OK. It looks like all I have played with is still Mekanism 6.

More stuff about bees: I am trying to get some secluded princesses. Actually, even getting drones has been slow. What do I feed into an industrial apiary and what do I splice in to maximize this? I had modified their genes to use flowers, have a short lifespan, and produce 3 drones. Is there a specific upgrade I should use?

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Cerepol posted:

Sorry about that. :( Just too much going on IRL and modding just doesn't pay nearly well enough for me to drop out of school. If I had a quarter for everyone who has ever played with a CoFH mod, I could retire and move to Rio, but that just isn't happening.

Honestly I don't understand why EIO seemingly doesn't work as they are very similar to TE's ducts under the hood. I'll yell at Zeldo and see if maybe we can get Fluxducts out early.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

KingLemming posted:

Sorry about that. :( Just too much going on IRL and modding just doesn't pay nearly well enough for me to drop out of school. If I had a quarter for everyone who has ever played with a CoFH mod, I could retire and move to Rio, but that just isn't happening.

Honestly I don't understand why EIO seemingly doesn't work as they are very similar to TE's ducts under the hood. I'll yell at Zeldo and see if maybe we can get Fluxducts out early.

Don't worry it's understandable. As for EIO, I'm not sure why I set both ends to In/Out as that seems the only option that moves energy around and made them active regardless of signal strength.

EDIT:

How does impact flux expect you to get the insane amount of ender pearls you need? No MFR for safari ball + auto-spawner + grinder is really annoying and since Endermen don't have a native spawner I can't use EnderIOs method.

EDIT:

While I'm asking, anyone know why a mekanism transporter won't extract from a chest? I have it set to pull

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 8, 2014

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Tsubasa2004 posted:

NEI defaults to managing recipe/cheat/utility mode by world, but opens the global settings when you go into that menu. To fix that, click on the button in the top-right to switch to your world settings, and either change the settings there, or right-click on the button next to the inventory mode button to put it back on global control.

Sadly I think it is just disabled somehow. Considering it seems to be MP heavy and full of "buy unlimited creative for only x bucks!" stuff on their server and I got booted when I logged in there to see if anyone had a clue about NEI...I am just going to get rid of it.

It is too bad, I like crazy big modpacks.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheresaJayne posted:

Very nasty.

I looked into this and it's quite possible to start a singleplayer map in creative mode and cheat as much as you want. The NEI config is just set to have cheats turned off by default if you start in survival.

I thought it was impossible to switch OUT of cheat mode after starting in creative mode but it turns out you just can't seem to change the Global settings. Changing the World setting to recipe mode makes everything all normal again.

Edit: HAHA WOW this jackass set all the Grimoire of Gaia mobs to hostile somehow. So you get mobs spawning during the day that are hostile and kill you in like 3 hits. That means a bunch of biomes are nearly impossible to survive in at the start because you get packs of deadly mobs spawning all the time.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 8, 2014

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I promised pictures didn't i?

http://imgur.com/a/OdbuE

Not going to lie, i cheated in some places. Such as "ugh i ran out of basalt/marble :smith:" and the like. Nothing really technical 'cept the sorting golem, because infusion crafting that fucker is past the point of helping and the starfield generator, which is pretty!

Using Painterly, because Painterly is great. Tweeked it alittle and it still has a semi-annoying glitch of having a colour-inverted box in the middle of the screen whenever i warp out, no big deal.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Cerepol posted:

Don't worry it's understandable. As for EIO, I'm not sure why I set both ends to In/Out as that seems the only option that moves energy around and made them active regardless of signal strength.

EDIT:

How does impact flux expect you to get the insane amount of ender pearls you need? No MFR for safari ball + auto-spawner + grinder is really annoying and since Endermen don't have a native spawner I can't use EnderIOs method.

EDIT:

While I'm asking, anyone know why a mekanism transporter won't extract from a chest? I have it set to pull
I dont know the modpack. Do you have Extra Utilities? You could go to the end and set up a cursed earth grinder there.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Thyrork posted:

I promised pylons didn't i?

What modpack was that, and why do you have pylons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Heffer posted:

I dont know the modpack. Do you have Extra Utilities? You could go to the end and set up a cursed earth grinder there.

I just found out that Roguelike dungeons very rarely has an Endermen room with endermen spawners. This is like the 10th dungeon I've completed and it's the first time I've seen it. So I can just pop that and make a powered spawner with Ender IO.

• Locked thread