Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Alteisen posted:

So is damage just completely unavoidable sometimes in Darkside Chronicles or am I just bad.

Mostly with bosses here, I made Birkin look like a pin cushion and he'd still wack me across the face with his pipe, it was annoying, ended up grenading the fucker to death as my guns seemed largely useless.

some boss fights (actually quite a few of them) are scripted to last for a certain amount of time and in Birkin's first appearance the problem is that his windows really ARE that small so it is easy for him to wreck your poo poo within the first 30 seconds of the fight, then you have to last a really goddamn long time because you can't just do so much damage to him. I can't remember which other bosses this happens with but I'm pretty sure it happens at least once in all three scenarios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Revelaitons 2 is going to be at TGS for Sony's PS4 lineup. I don't know why I thought TGS was already done before, but there 'ya go.

Oh god, I wonder what annoying gimmick the game will have for the touchpad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lunethex posted:

Revelaitons 2 is going to be at TGS for Sony's PS4 lineup. I don't know why I thought TGS was already done before, but there 'ya go.

It is on the X-Box One too so probably nothing.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Lunethex posted:

It will open the map like almost all PS4 games.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Capcom: RE5, Dead Rising 2 & Off The Record coming to Steamworks

Great news, hope they port the RE5 DLC as well. Been on a proper RE binge recently so will be good to have definitive PC versions of all the main RE games.

Shut up, Zero never happened

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

We don't have Code Veronica either.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aces High posted:

some boss fights (actually quite a few of them) are scripted to last for a certain amount of time and in Birkin's first appearance the problem is that his windows really ARE that small so it is easy for him to wreck your poo poo within the first 30 seconds of the fight, then you have to last a really goddamn long time because you can't just do so much damage to him. I can't remember which other bosses this happens with but I'm pretty sure it happens at least once in all three scenarios

Does that mean he bugs out even if I don't empty his health? I just tossed all 9 nades I had and killed him but still had to do the scripted poo poo.

And yea, when the fight starts I don't know how to stop him from smacking him with his pipe constantly other than healing through it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There's supposedly a window in which you can interrupt the attack with a well-aimed shot to his face or something, but hell if I can do it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

yes first malformation Birkin is the worst boss fight because his attacks hurt a lot, no matter what difficulty, and he moves so quickly that his stun windows are really quick. It doesn't help that the extra camera shake makes it even more difficult to pull off but I have found that for the beginning of the fight just unload on him with the SMG and you will likely stun him at least once, maybe twice.

Also I am not sure if he will still leave if you haven't done enough damage to him, I believe you do need him to get to a certain threshold but the problem is that if you've got fully maxed out weaponry you can get him to that threshold before you've even crossed to the other side of the room, meaning you have to hunker down for another minute or so.

I liked Darkside Chronicles for a lot of reasons but boss fights were not one of them; Super Tyrant took me like 15 minutes on my first playthrough, it gave me Wesker's Umbrella's End flashbacks :cry:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I fired up RE5 for the first time in ages, and is it just me or is it, like, wildly unbalanced? Granted, I *am* playing with AI Sheva, but it seems like either total feast or famine when it comes to ammo drops. Seemed fine until I got to the marshlands/oilfield/underground caverns, then the whole time I was burning through more ammo than I could find, barely got shotgun/MG drops, and Sheva was always dangerously close to being out of ammo. Even using melee prompts at every opportunity and upgrading my guns, I was still constantly running dry.

Now I'm in the part after beating that spider boss, and pretty much all my drops now are shotgun shells, and I've somehow stockpiled 48 magnum bullets in my between-chapter inventory space.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Lunethex posted:

Rub the touchpad to mix herbs together.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is taking a stab at The Walking Dead's release model. Both a weekly episodic format (4 episodes over 4 weeks) and a full physical disc release. Read the press release and see some screenshots in the link, I like the zombie with his hand replaced by syringes.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I guess it kinda makes sense? Rev 1 was already formatted like a tv show of sorts.

What doesn't make sense is to release each episode so close together. Might as well get the whole thing out at once instead.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Why?

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Moira holding the flashlight like a gun makes me think she will probably get a gun at some point.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I will be paying double for the full extra extra content disc version.
I think the concept is giving her a gun flashlight, a flashgun.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
$40 is a pretty sweet price. PLEASE let one of the "additional game modes" be raid mode :pray:

Though I hope they release the disc version as an online download.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

As pricing experiments go, this isn't an awful one. A $5.99 initial level is inexpensive enough to draw in impulse buyers, and that money goes straight to Capcom rather than getting bogged down in the used-games market, and that softens the production impact for the full disc release.

From a consumer perspective, it beats the hell out of on-disc DLC and similar low shenanigans.

DoctorX posted:

Moira holding the flashlight like a gun makes me think she will probably get a gun at some point.

I'd imagine it's more likely that she's using a similar set of canned animations to other human characters in the game and controls identically, similar to how Ashley in RE4 is an extensively reskinned Leon and hence could land the suplex.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Interesting side note: Capcom has gotten a lot of mileage out of digital downloads of their back catalog recently, so it makes a lot of sense for them to push forward on episodic/downloadable content.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I want them to do a HD version of Dragon's Dogma. If any of their games needs one it's that game. On top of some visual upgrades a stable framerate would be the biggest draw. Locking it at 30 or 60 would be perfect. Maybe they'll do that one after they're done with the ReREmake.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jimbot posted:

I want them to do a HD version of Dragon's Dogma. If any of their games needs one it's that game. On top of some visual upgrades a stable framerate would be the biggest draw. Locking it at 30 or 60 would be perfect. Maybe they'll do that one after they're done with the ReREmake.

It'd be great to have a stable framerate and not have widescreen bars all the time. I think it's a decent price point for Rev 2, I just don't really get why they're only spacing out each episode by a week. Still, better than having to wait months for one.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Wasn't Walking Dead supposed to be monthly anyway but Telltale is just really slow? A weekly release does seem pretty fast unless they were planning on doing another set of weekly releases every few months or something.

Worst still has to be Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2, seven months and that last installment came out in like 2011? :vomit:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Release it on PC.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

MH Knights posted:

Release it on PC.

Yeah, given it's on MT Framework they must already have 95% of the PC version sorted anyway.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The more I've learned about Dragon's Dogma the more I've wanted a PC release, because it seems like a real gem. Get the guys who handled the RE6 port, because that's hands-down the greatest Capcom PC port ever released.

Also I scrolled too far in that Revelations 2 article and hit the comments, oh god.

quote:

claire looks like dogshit aswell compared to her european goddess face from degeneration.
:suicide:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I really like how done she is with all this poo poo.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Lotish posted:

I really like how done she is with all this poo poo.

What the gently caress is this shotgun poo poo? Where is the crossbow?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Her left wrist is extremely skinny and stretched out there. Looks like it's bending weird too.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Got my tactical drop leg holster...and this double barrel shotgun I found in a farmers shed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Also has a flesh colored third eye under her left one.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Mogomra posted:

What the gently caress is this shotgun poo poo? Where is the crossbow?

I'm okay with her dropping the worst gun in the whole series.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Jimbot posted:

Her left wrist is extremely skinny and stretched out there. Looks like it's bending weird too.

I think they resorted to goofy anatomy to show the green light on the wristband, which I'm hoping will be how you check your health in Revelations 2. Although why they didn't just rotate the wristband is beyond me.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

I fired up RE5 for the first time in ages, and is it just me or is it, like, wildly unbalanced? Granted, I *am* playing with AI Sheva, but it seems like either total feast or famine when it comes to ammo drops. Seemed fine until I got to the marshlands/oilfield/underground caverns, then the whole time I was burning through more ammo than I could find, barely got shotgun/MG drops, and Sheva was always dangerously close to being out of ammo. Even using melee prompts at every opportunity and upgrading my guns, I was still constantly running dry.

Now I'm in the part after beating that spider boss, and pretty much all my drops now are shotgun shells, and I've somehow stockpiled 48 magnum bullets in my between-chapter inventory space.

I saw an explanation many pages ago in this thread of RE5's dynamic difficulty system, where the game would adjust damage enemies do to you, damage you do to enemies, ammo drops, etc., all on the fly (within certain boundaries depending on the difficulty setting you chose). If you hurt enemies a bunch without getting hurt or dying yourself, the difficulty goes up and stays there until you do. RE4 has a similar system, and I figured that it could be why I was struggling much more on my last playthrough on PC, since I'd been dying much less than I had previously. Could it be that this is what's happening to you?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I hope this RE brings back weapon parts so we get a shotgun as cool as this gem.

The custom shotgun in RE2 was also beastly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think RE4 difficulty adjusted by deaths and very much on accuracy. If you don't understand the TMP, you should still fire all its rounds for a noticeably easier time.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
You should actually not use the TMP at all. Because it's bad.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Krad posted:

I'm okay with her dropping the worst gun in the whole series.

Yeah gently caress that gun. I always associated her more with the grenade launcher. Leon was definitely the shotgun guy.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yeah gently caress that gun. I always associated her more with the grenade launcher. Leon was definitely the shotgun guy.

Jill is totally the character most associated with the grenade launcher, I think.

Between RE1, REmake and RE3 it's always been the absolute most efficient and best weapon for her by miles and miles for various reasons.

Also I really love that Claire's design isn't like Jill or Jessica's poo poo in the first Revelations. Pretty much all the designs for female characters in that game were astonishingly godawful.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Jill's weren't bad, but proximity to Jessica and Rachel may have brought her down by osmosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

She just wasn't ready for them.