Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Brownview posted:

https://www.padherder.com/user/Brownview/teams/#61633

This Lu Bu team could do Keeper of Gold, right? I intend to replace Lilith with Loki and figure D/L Batman instead of CDD would give me a better opportunity to use Loki's larger damage buff window. Sound right?

E: I mean make those changes for everyday team use rather that specifically for Tuesday dungeon.

I would mostly worry about your ability to recover from the hits that you have to take. If you take out lilith, you are going to have nothing left for RCV. Keep Lilith for sure. And maybe just keep CDD so that you can do a big Haku activation to one shot the keeper of gold once his shield drops.

So, don't make changes except maybe to sub in D/L batman for CDD if you want to have the panic button of a delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Battle Pigeon posted:

I just had a first run of the Takaoka City collab on expert, and got an Amitan drop-I thought the rare drops were only available on Master or higher, or otherwise had a really low drop rate? Not that I'm complaining about a cheap okay looking God drop.

Boss drop rates tend to be:

Mythical - 100%
Legend - 100% (40% if Mythical exists)
Master - 40%
Expert - 5%
Int - 2%

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Oh cool, so I was just lucky then. Just did Master and got another one, and got a Tamadra out of the PAL machine earlier too.

There's a Sky dragon of Water dungeon available, but looking at the wiki for the dragon it doesn't seem worth the effort? Except for maybe grabbing it and hoping it gets a better evo in the future, maybe.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I don't really have any use for Amitaka but I'm going to skill him up anyway. I guess I could try swapping him in for Michael on my Mono-green team for tri-color dungeons. I also thought about switching Chu Cu out on the same team to pair with Ult Athena. Chu Cu is max skilled though and I like the 5 turn heart breaking.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

Battle Pigeon posted:

Oh cool, so I was just lucky then. Just did Master and got another one, and got a Tamadra out of the PAL machine earlier too.

There's a Sky dragon of Water dungeon available, but looking at the wiki for the dragon it doesn't seem worth the effort? Except for maybe grabbing it and hoping it gets a better evo in the future, maybe.

Blue sky dragon is worth it if you are looking for a mystic ice knight, mermaid, or to a lesser extent, Kraken. The actual dragon is pretty much just a trophy just like most other dragons. The best thing I can say for him is that you can feed him away for 25k blue exp.

Don't worry if you miss it though. One day that dungeon will be always available.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

They get the Kirin treatment: Same leader skill with 3 extra awakenings (I hope they get rows, to make them more offensive with compared with Kirin) and a sub-type.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 8, 2014

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

They get the Kirin treatment: Same leader skill with 3 extra awakenings (I hope they get rows, to make them more offensive with compared with Kirin) and a sub-type.

I hope they get a second Two-Prong awakening and an Attacker subtype. Then you could run a U&Y team with Athena/Zhuge Liang/Zeus Stratos subs and take the A-train straight to Murdertown :black101:

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Battle Pigeon posted:

The Skydragons are a special breed of terrible. They were probably designed to be killer Resolve team subs, but that concept is dead. I have a full set of both regular and ultimate Skydragons (from a Dragon Rush dungeon), and have never, ever come close to using one. If you like collecting trophies and think you can safely clear Master, go for it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them ever being useful.

Speaking of terrible, someone asked about the appearance rate of "rare" monsters in Technical Dungeons, such as Dublits and Masks. It's not just your luck, they are terrible. The Technical Dungeons are only for farming Pengdra (and +eggs during special events) -- their gold, rank exp and "rare" drops are far worse than the Normal dungeons.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Attacker subtype would be pretty terrifying for U&Y, D/L Yomi is also an attacker and works great with them too. I'm expecting Balanced or Healer though.

I hope for Awakens I hope they get Double Prong, Blue Row, and Time Extend. Any one of those would be pretty good even. If they get Healer sub I'm expecting a Heal awaken though.

Also don't remember who it is but thanks to Geddon for having Healer I&I up the one time I decide to use them for a dungeon.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 8, 2014

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

MrPants posted:

Blue sky dragon is worth it if you are looking for a mystic ice knight, mermaid, or to a lesser extent, Kraken. The actual dragon is pretty much just a trophy just like most other dragons. The best thing I can say for him is that you can feed him away for 25k blue exp.

Don't worry if you miss it though. One day that dungeon will be always available.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the drops-already have a Kraken waiting to be evolved, but should grab at least one each of the others.

opaopa13 posted:

The Skydragons are a special breed of terrible. They were probably designed to be killer Resolve team subs, but that concept is dead. I have a full set of both regular and ultimate Skydragons (from a Dragon Rush dungeon), and have never, ever come close to using one. If you like collecting trophies and think you can safely clear Master, go for it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them ever being useful.

Speaking of terrible, someone asked about the appearance rate of "rare" monsters in Technical Dungeons, such as Dublits and Masks. It's not just your luck, they are terrible. The Technical Dungeons are only for farming Pengdra (and +eggs during special events) -- their gold, rank exp and "rare" drops are far worse than the Normal dungeons.

60 cost as well, for something so... outclassed.

That was maybe me, I've been running the dungeons looking for Mythlits/Dub-Mythlits since Friday and they've only appeared three times, no drops. The Mythlits used to drop so often I would feed them away for XP to make box room, but now half my stuff waiting to be evoed needs them. Where else is good for farming Mythlits?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Battle Pigeon posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the drops-already have a Kraken waiting to be evolved, but should grab at least one each of the others.

That was maybe me, I've been running the dungeons looking for Mythlits/Dub-Mythlits since Friday and they've only appeared three times, no drops. The Mythlits used to drop so often I would feed them away for XP to make box room, but now half my stuff waiting to be evoed needs them. Where else is good for farming Mythlits?

Besides the Friday dungeon? don't bother. Dubs can be farmed at KotG but regular mythlits appear rarely in waste-of-stamina low level dungeons. Just wait until Friday.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

trucutru posted:

Besides the Friday dungeon? don't bother. Dubs can be farmed at KotG but regular mythlits appear rarely in waste-of-stamina low level dungeons. Just wait until Friday.

Probably also wait for an event Friday (if this Friday isn't).

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Battle Pigeon posted:

If you don't have an urgent need for a Mystic Ice Knight, consider holding out for a "Mystic Knights invade Castle of Satan" event. I think the drop rate from Skydragon Master is somewhere between 5-10%, based on anecdotes from this thread. It is a great place to grab a Mermaid, though.

Their team cost is dropping to 35, and their skill reduced to 2-turn CD, which is something? It still doesn't help that >1500 ATK is no longer the rare treasure it used to be, though.

Mythlits: I've gotten a ton from basic Shrine of Spirits, but that can be frustrating if you don't need any of the other little -lits. I don't think there's really a good place for them otherwise, though. If you need RGB Pengdra, keep hitting the first three Technical Dungeons on Monday.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

I hope they get a second Two-Prong awakening and an Attacker subtype. Then you could run a U&Y team with Athena/Zhuge Liang/Zeus Stratos subs and take the A-train straight to Murdertown :black101:

This is exactly what I am hoping for.

They aren't going to be devils or healers. Their art didn't get all dragoned up. I could see balanced, attacker or physical. Balanced would be kind of interesting I guess. Wadatsumi would be very excited to have a team that would love him. Physical would be kind of lame. There are already two physical combo teams and the Isis physical combo team is already blue. It would make them a more interesting sub I guess. Attacker would be fun times.

They could go a lot of directions with their awakenings. Rows could kind of be interesting for doing a mono blue U&Y team. It would also make them better subs on other teams. A second prong would make them exciting and unique no matter what other changes their ultimate brought. They would jump to one of the top leaders out there with a play style that really rewarded better but more difficult matching. A move time would be very good. At least one of them will be a skill boost probably. Skill lock resist has shown up on a lot lately.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MrPants posted:

This is exactly what I am hoping for.

They aren't going to be devils or healers. Their art didn't get all dragoned up. I could see balanced, attacker or physical. Balanced would be kind of interesting I guess. Wadatsumi would be very excited to have a team that would love him. Physical would be kind of lame. There are already two physical combo teams and the Isis physical combo team is already blue. It would make them a more interesting sub I guess. Attacker would be fun times.

They could go a lot of directions with their awakenings. Rows could kind of be interesting for doing a mono blue U&Y team. It would also make them better subs on other teams. A second prong would make them exciting and unique no matter what other changes their ultimate brought. They would jump to one of the top leaders out there with a play style that really rewarded better but more difficult matching. A move time would be very good. At least one of them will be a skill boost probably. Skill lock resist has shown up on a lot lately.

They are not going to be attackers, it would be really weird to have their booster slime be the red one. It's either balanced or physical (they are going to be balanced). As for the awakenings, a second prong in a 25x leader would be quite the thing so I doubt it will happen.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

S-ranking a tricolor is so trivial.

Give me all the sky combos, pad gods.

At least with fish and ramen monsters feeding makes a lot more sense.

messagemode1 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 8, 2014

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

trucutru posted:

I'm not able to run KotG, and probably won't be able to for a long while yet.

opaopa13 posted:

Mythlits: I've gotten a ton from basic Shrine of Spirits, but that can be frustrating if you don't need any of the other little -lits. I don't think there's really a good place for them otherwise, though. If you need RGB Pengdra, keep hitting the first three Technical Dungeons on Monday.

Oh yeah, forgot about the basic dungeon-and I need a bunch of little Emelits especially for evolving leeks, and blue ones for the fish from the Takaoka collab.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

trucutru posted:

They are not going to be attackers, it would be really weird to have their booster slime be the red one. It's either balanced or physical (they are going to be balanced). As for the awakenings, a second prong in a 25x leader would be quite the thing so I doubt it will happen.

They've also got far more "Balanced" stats than "Attacker" stats. If GungHo wants to make their extra awakenings just "good", they could go with Skill Boost, Skill Lock Resist and Move Time. That would make them identical to Kirin, but with a Prong instead of Blocker Resist, as well as an second color for their subelement, making team-building easier. That's already better than Kirin, so I doubt their awakenings will be any better than that. Maybe swap one out for a Water Row, to make them better subs without improving them as much as Leaders?

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

opaopa13 posted:

They've also got far more "Balanced" stats than "Attacker" stats. If GungHo wants to make their extra awakenings just "good", they could go with Skill Boost, Skill Lock Resist and Move Time. That would make them identical to Kirin, but with a Prong instead of Blocker Resist, as well as an second color for their subelement, making team-building easier. That's already better than Kirin, so I doubt their awakenings will be any better than that. Maybe swap one out for a Water Row, to make them better subs without improving them as much as Leaders?

I don't think pre-busty stats are necessarily indicative of Uevo subtypes. Kirin had the least HP and the most RCV of the Chinese elementals and she still ended up physical. Genbu was the opposite and none of her Uevos are physical (Poor GGY).

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

escape mechanism posted:

I don't think pre-busty stats are necessarily indicative of Uevo subtypes. Kirin had the least HP and the most RCV of the Chinese elementals and she still ended up physical. Genbu was the opposite and none of her Uevos are physical (Poor GGY).

Nor are booster slimes. They've been challenging a lot of the typical color/type conventions lately.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, that was quick.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/dragonball2.html

lots of ssj2-3 poo poo (and Majin Buu Vegeta). Bet Yamcha still sucks.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

Well, that was quick.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/dragonball2.html

lots of ssj2 poo poo. Bet Yamcha still sucks.

And here in the US we're still waiting to get the first DBZ collab :sigh:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

MrPants posted:

Don't see why they couldn't be Healers, the art for Healer types almost never makes any sense (Valkrie? Echidna? Lilith?). Plus Blue Healers are a thing these days, and it would make them absurdly good on a team with Sun Quan, I&I, and some Valks.

But it's probably going to be Balanced.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

The reroll tier list is getting updated and should be done by the 20th at the latest.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Need two green Keepers tomorrow, 4 divine jade masks on Wednesay, and two dub-emelits on Friday. I'm hosed aren't I? :P
Ground up to rank 70 or so on the weekend, my red-green attacker team is kicking some rear end now.

Cao-Cao/Zhuge Liang/Sasuke/Sasuke. Trying to get the two Sasuke's evo'd, then I'll work on Zhuge to GZL, but his cost difference is enormous for me atm. CaoCao is also getting close to Evo ready, but once again I need to wait for more team cost.

Whoever recommended the Green attacker team, you are awesome. Its a ton of fun, and incredibly effective so far.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

Siochain posted:

Need two green Keepers tomorrow, 4 divine jade masks on Wednesay, and two dub-emelits on Friday. I'm hosed aren't I? :P

The Green Keepers are 100% drops from their dungeon even on non-event days, so at least on that front you're fine. You're also guaranteed to get either a Jade or Sapphire Sacred Mask on Wednesday, event or not, although the other floors might drop nothing. You might want to start running it anyway, event or not, since you're not going to get four of the mask you need from a single day's stamina anyway. As for the dub-emelits, start practicing thinking really hard about how much you want dubrubylits and dubsapphlits, and you might get one this week. Maybe. Good luck.

I'm experiencing total decision paralysis. I want to run Technical Dungeons to get Ruby Pengdra in preparation to level up Super Daruma, but also run Takaoka City for Horus/Amitan skillups. And then there's all the Fifth Angel / Phantom Chasers / Ninja Penguins waiting to be evolved as well. And I wouldn't mind Elemental skill-ups, but I think that's just going to have to wait. I've already bought 100 more boxes just to deal with Gunma Collab monsters, and unless I start slimming down immediately I'm looking to have to buy more.

Just... can't decide. Tomorrow is going to be a battle between Fire Keepers, Water Keepers and Rainbow Keepers. Thursday and Friday are going to be consumed by their Weekday - Int dungeons. The Weekend will have double drops for the collabs. Going to have to run Ruby Dragons when they show up, too. GungHo is getting to me. I'd welcome a month of Skydragons at this point.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

opaopa13 posted:

And I wouldn't mind Elemental skill-ups

Are they worth skilling up? I guess if you skilled up 5 you could have a stupid team immune to a single color but why would you do that? The only team builds I ever see them on are low cost. I do have a Shaitan and a Thanatos and those drop evo'd so I guess I'll feed those off during an event.

korora
Sep 3, 2011
Has anyone been running Freyja balanced teams? I'm getting together the materials to switch ult-evos but I'm not sure it's worth it without Gronia or Meimei. I do have Artemis, Grodin, and Susano (box here). I also have G/L Parvati but I don't really want to reverse her twinlit evo.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

GoodBee posted:

Are they worth skilling up? I guess if you skilled up 5 you could have a stupid team immune to a single color but why would you do that? The only team builds I ever see them on are low cost. I do have a Shaitan and a Thanatos and those drop evo'd so I guess I'll feed those off during an event.

Thanatos could help with a KotG-farming team, and

They just seem the kind of monsters who _might_ be clutch for some dungeon, someday. The idea of monsters who give you a Menace-like effect but aren't blocked by status shields is awesome, right? Admittedly, GungHo has been moving away from the "easy trash, boss who repeatedly overkills you forever" school of dungeon design and more towards "a number of interesting fights, featuring a variety of impediments, culminating in a tough fight that is resistant to one-shots but also will refrain from insta-murdering you", but I still like the idea of trading some stats for three turns of total invincibility.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
I really hope that the gold dragon events stop being in the middle of the UK night time. I now have nearly 60 light pengdras.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So PDX is speculating that we're going to get this dungeon starting Wednesday. Looks like it's doable with a good Athena or combo team, and it's got some decent loot - King Dragons, Evolved Pengdras, and skill-ups for Thor, Loki, and Freyja.

opaopa13 posted:

Undine's useful against the Red Pirate dragon. Aside from that, I got nothing. :shrug:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Kapy dropped in Japan right around the time the Pirate Dragons went into rotation, and Bartholomew just so happened to have a gimmick easily countered by Undine.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

opaopa13 posted:

They just seem the kind of monsters who _might_ be clutch for some dungeon, someday. The idea of monsters who give you a Menace-like effect but aren't blocked by status shields is awesome, right? Admittedly, GungHo has been moving away from the "easy trash, boss who repeatedly overkills you forever" school of dungeon design and more towards "a number of interesting fights, featuring a variety of impediments, culminating in a tough fight that is resistant to one-shots but also will refrain from insta-murdering you", but I still like the idea of trading some stats for three turns of total invincibility.

I plan to skill up Thanatos to be able to farm Sandalphon with my dark devils team. That's a pretty niche use, but that's the only way I think I have to reliably clear that dungeon and a perfect example of using these dudes as a clutch against some gimmick. (I mean to use Echidna on Raphael then Thanatos when he's about to one shot the player and wait out his 10-turn immunity to dark)

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

opaopa13 posted:

The idea of monsters who give you a Menace-like effect but aren't blocked by status shields is awesome, right?

That is a nice thing about them. They also get a row if you evo them. I've used Shaitan on a team for the red row but I can't imagine needing to void wood damage on my red row team. I guess thinking about it as a very situational panic button makes sense.

If you can use the skill, it can actually be better than Menace, depending on the enemy timer.

The first team I built to beat Hades in Castle of Satan involved popping Viper Orochi, then Genie for the turn he would hit me then Echidna and hope i could do enough damage with my no-multiplier auto-heal leader team. Then I found this thread.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
I just remembered that I got this dude...
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=783
(Mystic Mech Dragon, Antikythera)

I thought there must be a catch for this guys evo, what with it being a bit mental, and having a 3 (6 max) cooldown.
4 Other dragons, welp.

Anyone run this monster? I'm assuming the he needs a resolve sub.
Still, x5 damage, my blue guys could put that to some evil ends. Mwwwwahaha

Got him from the expert level btw

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 8, 2014

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

opaopa13 posted:

The Green Keepers are 100% drops from their dungeon even on non-event days, so at least on that front you're fine. You're also guaranteed to get either a Jade or Sapphire Sacred Mask on Wednesday, event or not, although the other floors might drop nothing. You might want to start running it anyway, event or not, since you're not going to get four of the mask you need from a single day's stamina anyway. As for the dub-emelits, start practicing thinking really hard about how much you want dubrubylits and dubsapphlits, and you might get one this week. Maybe. Good luck.

Still working my way towards their dungeons :) But I'll get there eventually. Just looking forward to getting a prong-awakening going. Thanks for the info!

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I just remembered that I got this dude...
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=783

I thought there must be a catch for this guys evo, what with it being a bit mental, and having a 3 (6 max) cooldown.
4 Other dragons, welp.

Anyone run this monster? I'm assuming the he needs a resolve sub.
Still, x5 damage, my blue guys could put that to some evil ends. Mwwwwahaha

Resolve works, as does a "HP Set to 1" skill, such as Lucifer, Lu Bu or Heracles. You could also try a dungeon that features 99% gravity attacks, but you better be ready to absolutely one-shot everything after activating him. Note his ultimate evolution affects all subs, not just Water subs, but if you missed the chance to grab the other Mystic Dragons you're going to be out of luck for a while.

Battle Pigeon posted:

I'm not able to run KotG, and probably won't be able to for a long while yet.

Oh yeah, forgot about the basic dungeon-and I need a bunch of little Emelits especially for evolving leeks, and blue ones for the fish from the Takaoka collab.

If you can't run KotG, Goddess of the Harvest is a decent way to get exp / rank exp / gold while also having a chance at Dubmythlits on the weekend. Way easier than KotG, I used to brainlessly farm it with either a 2/4/2 Wood team or a 16x Horus team.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Yeah, he'd the only one I got. A lucky get at that.
Affects all cards, I see now thanks. Lordy

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

I don't know why I never thought to put together this luxury KotG farm team comprised of Ronia x3, D/D Haku x2, King Baddie. As long as I am not an idiot at making rows on the round 9 Chaos Devil Dragon, it's super smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Cool first the game starts doing the "quit when you enter a dungeon and drain stamina" thing I thought they fixed and now, twice in a row, as soon as I get to the last stage of legendary seaway it quits and sends me back to the first floor. I'm getting really ticked off!!

• Locked thread