Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I voted for Sting in all categories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

is it really that hard to skip past the ads to the interview?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

so Observer hall of fame ballots got sent out today. Anyone get one/is a voter?

I did and rest assured I SMACKED DOWN my vote by hand writing in John Cena for every category.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont think any of these people got ballots

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BlueArmyMan posted:

Skipping over one of the best talkers of all time doing his thing is kinda odd to me.

HIBBITY DIIIIBITTY
HIBBITY DIIIIBITTY
HIBBITY DIIIBITTY

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

WeaponX posted:

is it really that hard to skip past the ads to the interview?

The point is you get a fifteen minute interview in a one hour show that was thirty minutes of commercials, ten minutes of the host spouting bullshit, and five minutes of music. I'm obviously exaggerating but the amount of commercial air time through Podcast One is so bad.

Jazz Hoyt
Nov 25, 2007
Which pod had JR calling Stone Cold stepping in dog crap? I desperately want to hear this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I find the ad time is actually Fine

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

flashy_mcflash posted:

HIBBITY DIIIIBITTY
HIBBITY DIIIIBITTY
HIBBITY DIIIBITTY

No idea what you're referencing here.

EDIT: Just to make my statement clear going forward:

The Croc posted:

I do that with every podcast anyway i may have missed some austin gold along the way by the sounds of it though.

BlueArmyMan posted:

Skipping over one of the best talkers of all time doing his thing is kinda odd to me.

BlueArmyMan fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 5, 2014

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Skunkrocker posted:

The point is you get a fifteen minute interview in a one hour show that was thirty minutes of commercials, ten minutes of the host spouting bullshit, and five minutes of music. I'm obviously exaggerating but the amount of commercial air time through Podcast One is so bad.

You're not exaggerating. Jericho intros are usually 20 minutes every single time before he gets to the guest. And then there's still more ads during and after the interview which means it's maybe a half hour long per show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One of the problems is that Jericho might stumble onto gold (like Christian telling the story about his "feud" with the debt collector) and it's genuinely funny.... and then he decides to turn that into a character and do stupid comedy routines with it.

Wasn't that stupid lovely Egypt character created after telling a funny story about his goofy high school wrestling getting broken up by the janitor before they could do something stupid?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

One of the problems is that Jericho might stumble onto gold (like Christian telling the story about his "feud" with the debt collector) and it's genuinely funny.... and then he decides to turn that into a character and do stupid comedy routines with it.

Jericho is part of WWE Creative now?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Dreamsicle posted:

Jericho is part of WWE Creative now?

He's the guy behind Sandow now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Wasn't that stupid lovely Egypt character created after telling a funny story about his goofy high school wrestling getting broken up by the janitor before they could do something stupid?

Yep. Because gently caress the guy of undetermined ethnicity (and why bother finding out) that might be miffed about having to clean up whatever incidental nonsense and mess that might need to be cleaned up by a bunch of idiot Winnipeg teens trying to be wrestlemen.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I LOVED how when the AE Podcast did the Jericho spoof last month (I think the Starrcade episode) when it was time to play a music clip it was just fart sounds.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jazz Hoyt posted:

Which pod had JR calling Stone Cold stepping in dog crap? I desperately want to hear this.

First part of the Christopher Daniels interview a few months back (ep.128), Austin's doing his intro and gets a text saying JR's on his way to his place so they shoot the poo poo (literally) for a bit before the Daniels stuff.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

The list of Hoot names for Devitt on the new talking shop will give you cramps from laughing so hard

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ch3cooh posted:

The list of Hoot names for Devitt on the new talking shop will give you cramps from laughing so hard

I lost it somewhere around "Uncircumsizedhoot".

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Braden... Walker?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

An Observer podcast where Dave provides commentary for his own words on a Wrestlezone podcast. :aaaaa:

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Trying to listen to the Jericho HHH podcast. I'm used to a little bit of shilling in my American podcasts, but are you loving serious? I think it's been literally 20 minutes.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

ChaosSmurf posted:

Trying to listen to the Jericho HHH podcast. I'm used to a little bit of shilling in my American podcasts, but are you loving serious? I think it's been literally 20 minutes.

I've listened to a few where it's 20 minutes in before anything happens. Marc Maron is the same, though usually it's a solo rant or talk before the actual interview starts. It's annoying with the Jericho one though because he's got a great guest on, but it's 20 minutes, and then another plug for something else halfway through.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

ChaosSmurf posted:

All of the PodcastOne podcasts follow this exact format. It's not Jericho's choice (other than to associate with them in the first place). Just skip to 20 minutes in (although I can empathize if you're in a car, that's why I don't have Jericho's cast on my driving rotation).

Austin's intro is usually worth listening to on the other hand, and Ross's podcast is unlistenable at any point. Be quiet and let your guest talk old man.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I am totally on board with Talk'n Shop now.

"I was fat, I don't fuckin' know!" had me rolling.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

DrVenkman posted:

I've listened to a few where it's 20 minutes in before anything happens. Marc Maron is the same, though usually it's a solo rant or talk before the actual interview starts. It's annoying with the Jericho one though because he's got a great guest on, but it's 20 minutes, and then another plug for something else halfway through.

The 20 minute mark seems pretty good. The mid-podcast additional shill is unbelievable though. Jesus.

Lord Of Texas posted:

All of the PodcastOne podcasts follow this exact format. It's not Jericho's choice (other than to associate with them in the first place). Just skip to 20 minutes in (although I can empathize if you're in a car, that's why I don't have Jericho's cast on my driving rotation).

Austin's intro is usually worth listening to on the other hand, and Ross's podcast is unlistenable at any point. Be quiet and let your guest talk old man.

I'm walking home, so I'm using my phone which isn't great for skipping around on. Just annoying compared to the absolute maximum that I thought Colt's was. I'll probably start listening to Austin's too now.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I lost it somewhere around "Uncircumsizedhoot".

Slays pussy like it's his job hoot

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hey, hey, we cant' say that any more. He's in NXT now. He no longer slays pussy like it's his job.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Listen to the Daniels interview because in the first part Jim Ross calls Steve stepping in a fresh dog poo poo.

Going to. Thank you

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
still crack up when Kevin refers to Billy as the baddest man (the baddest man on the planet) on the planet on Attitude Era Podcast.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I just finished up both Triple H interviews with Jericho. Really good stuff, definitely one of the top podcast one wrestlecast interviews. HHH comes off as incredibly likable.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011
Listened to a bit of Austin, not as good as Jericho, not sure why. Maybe the guest (Heyman) just wasn't as interesting as HHH/Batista.

Batista was the single nicest man though :allears:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

An Observer podcast where Dave provides commentary for his own words on a Wrestlezone podcast. :aaaaa:

I thought for sure Dave was going to correct himself from when he said "SNME" instead of "Saturday Night Live" but no, he just had to fill in that it was Steve Gutenberg who was sick or whatever haha

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ChaosSmurf posted:

Maybe the guest (Heyman) just wasn't as interesting as HHH/Batista.

I see what you wrote but my brain cannot understand those words in that order. Nobody is more interesting than Paul Heyman.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Paul didn't talk about Captain Lou pissing in Times Square so his interview was boring.

Is the Pisscast still alive?
Albano for HOF.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Paul didn't talk about Captain Lou pissing in Times Square so his interview was boring.

Is the Pisscast still alive?
Albano for HOF.

We're alive, yeah. Did last week's show not get posted?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

We're alive, yeah. Did last week's show not get posted?
I don't think it was posted in the thread.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I don't think it was posted in the thread.

It wasn't. Real fans go to the Reksling Obsessor for their hit of Piss anyways.

https://pisscast.blogspot.com

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChaosSmurf posted:

Listened to a bit of Austin, not as good as Jericho, not sure why. Maybe the guest (Heyman) just wasn't as interesting as HHH/Batista.

Austin/Heyman are pretty much the best the Austin podcasts have been so far, so if you didn't like that (I loved it) I guess his style just doesn't work for you. Jericho definitely does better interviews, but Austin's got an all around more enjoyable show (for me anyway) and I can pretty much listen to him talk about anything, while with Jericho I find a lot of his pre-interview stuff average at best and aggravating at worst.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jericho doing a rendition of Mark Henry's theme with a cowbell so far is the only thing worth listening to in his intro.

Jericho's interviews with HHH and Batista are must listens.

E: What did Joe Rogan say that caused a bunch of ppl to hate tweet him about prowrestlings?

coconono fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

His comic buddy who was on his comedy podcast loves wrestling so Joe was busting his balls about it because that provides material

• Locked thread