Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Diogines posted:

Our game has rules and one of them in, the majority always wins ><. I suppose if you wish to, yes, you can still do Free Balling but I feel I have to say it is a poor idea. I wanted a word for that.. thing you did so that we can know what we mean without saying "that thing you did for the first time outside of Ibleam while fighting demon centipedes." That is long. Free Balling does not convey any information about what you did, but yes, you can still do it.

I can totally understand not wanting to post, "Do you wish to Free Ball your Balls?" every time a tough battle comes up. Beyond being funny, its not very practical.

I hope you won't mind if I continue to call it Free Balling in my own references to it, but practical is probably for the best here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
No free-balling? Darn, Martial Trance is pretty good then.

1. 7
, because it'll be kind of hard to keep all those children safe if most of our men are dead.
2. C
3. G, fight the blooded norc
4. I

ColonelMuttonchops fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 9, 2014

ya dangus
Jul 2, 2006
1. 8 - Counteracting 1 votes to sway towards making sure this isn't our last fight. We suck without our men.

2. B

3. E - We operate more successfully as a cohesive unit. Typically with us in a more command oriented role.

4. I

Diogines, can we get an opening bow shot off at the norc with the presence with one of our javelin-arrows or bronze arrows? On that note, do our Balls have enough javelins to lead with a skirmishing salvo prior to engaging in formation? Even if we can't kill the lead norc in this way, we may as well force him on the immediate defensive.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-3

Trundel posted:

2) BC, the House Men take positions that will suit their strength, right next to us and Uriah.
3) G, focus on the Blooded Norc[s] to spare our Balls terrible injuries.
4) I, only if things take a bad turn.

e: Martial Trance sounds badass, like we're going into an altered state of consciousness and becoming a pure instrument of death... which is kinda what happens.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 8, 2014

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

B
G, Plan Trundel
I

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Martial trance sounds a lot better than free balling.

+1 to that.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Can we say something to our Balls before the charge?

If so, SAY THIS:

Hiho really really wants this, so +1

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B
E
I (if we start to get overwhelmed and/or when we hit the big dude)
Ball trance

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Can we say something to our Balls before the charge?

If so, SAY THIS:

sure let's say that

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. 6

2. B

3. E

4. I

Ball Trance

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

Everyone voting 1, which is more popular than I imagined by far. I just want to make sure you understand what you are voting for. If you valiantly place the lives of the children before your Balls, to that extreme, you are very probably going to suffer casualties. 1 means trying to crush through them before the Norcs in the rear start slaughtering the children, which given how you have seen them treat minotaurs and human captives, they will probably do.

I don't know how the battle will go yet. No idea. Didn't happen. If you vote to throw your Balls on the enemy spears to try to slay them quickly [ pause for dramatic effect], you will do just that.

If you want to be heroic, go for it. That sort of heroism is probably going to come with a body count.

Quoting for the new page because it's important.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

A
D
I

Marshall trance

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1 voters:

10 voters:

just kidding every opinion is valid :)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Oh and +1 HiHo's speech

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

HiHo ChiRho posted:

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you value the lives of your men, versus how important is saving the children to you?

2. As to the three House Men with you, are you wiling to place them into greater danger to spare yourself and your Balls?
B. No. I won't intentionally expose them to greater danger to spare the rest of us. Everyone pulls their fair share and takes the same risks.

3. And how courageous are you? How willing are you to expose yourself to greater danger?
D. I intentionally expose myself to greater danger to try to spare my Balls casualties.

4. Are you going to Ball Trance?
I. Yes.

:frogsiren::supaburn::black101::derp::bandwagon::derp::f5::supaburn::frogsiren:

+1 Lets do this.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

1. 10
4. I
Martial Trance

I'm still calling it Freeballing :colbert:

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Changing my vote to 4

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
1 votes are literally voting to send to slaughter balls that we've spent a significant proportion off our life building up. Heroism is all well and good but there is such a thing as being heroically retarded.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

dyzzy posted:

1 voters:

Those guys are all dead though :colbert:

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
B
D
I

Martial Trance

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

1. 8
2. B
3. E
4. I
Martial Trance

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Cornuto posted:

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you value the lives of your men, versus how important is saving the children to you?

2. As to the three House Men with you, are you wiling to place them into greater danger to spare yourself and your Balls?
B - No. I won't intentionally expose them to greater danger to spare the rest of us. Everyone pulls their fair share and takes the same risks.

3. And how courageous are you? How willing are you to expose yourself to greater danger?
G - Something else. Fill in.
focus on the Blooded Norc to spare our Balls terrible injuries.

I - Yes (if it seems we need it.)

This is what I was going to vote for, thanks for typing it out for me.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
A
D
I

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Those guys are all dead though :colbert:

But they did some rad before hand. :colbert:

"Come back with your Balls. Or upon them."

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
14, 2B, 3D, 4I

Martial Trance sounds good.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Fine, changing my vote to 3. I still want to go all out, but maybe not literally throw our men on their spears.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Cornuto posted:

B - No. I won't intentionally expose them to greater danger to spare the rest of us. Everyone pulls their fair share and takes the same risks.

G - Something else. Fill in.

I - Yes (if it seems we need it.)

Plan cornuto

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

dyzzy posted:

1 voters:

Tangent which has nothing to do with the game:

The book Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield is about a helot(spartan slave) whose master was was at Thermopoli.

It is a REALLY good book and one I highly recommend!

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -