Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Merk I think you are right on magnus but its too late to go with what you suggested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think if Capps switches to YPM and some others chime in we can do that vote. I'm okay with it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

Merk I think you are right on magnus but its too late to go with what you suggested

Magnus/natx might work. I could be wrong on the newbie.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Magnus Gallant posted:

This is bullshit. I was having fun and actually trying. Merk posts bullshit, including quoting a bunch of loving jokes from jokephase and everyone decides to turbo me. gently caress all y'all bitches

I'm vanilla town.

No one's vanilla town. We all have stats and specialties. Nope.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

For clarity on this, my theory is that newbie scum come in scared. They don't know how to play, how to fake content. I don't see a newbie scum tossing out a vote on someone he thinks is incredibly persuasive to the king.

It looks like Magnus/natx is what's happening though with this votecount and five minutes left.

gently caress you merk. You're an rear end in a top hat. Seriously how many times have we played together and you're pulling this bullshit. Like you don't know what to expect from me.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

I do not.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

you dont have stats

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Little Mac posted:

VT = no unrelated to battle PR?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry nodded off there. I've like Magnus' game so far, but I know I nowhere near good enough to contradict merk and voting YPM would be a hollow vote. He's at least involved unlike Hal. And his involvement is less dodgy than Samurai's in my opinion.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
People in the front flank, focus on the targets in front of you. As in the one that corresponds with you.
People in the back, target the first 2 in the front rank in order they appear if your debuffs target individuals.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

VT = no unrelated to battle PR?

Didn't he say he was a coward that shouldn't fight?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

you dont have stats

I picked those myself so how are they indicative of alignment.

I am mercenary auxiliary. I have no special benefit.

I have a heal, enhanced cadence buff and a spice charge buff

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mr.capps posted:

People in the front flank, focus on the targets in front of you. As in the one that corresponds with you.
People in the back, target the first 2 in the front rank in order they appear if your debuffs target individuals.

no

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:redhammer:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
My final words are gently caress all you bitches.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Final Votecount for Day 1

natx (4): winvirus, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Little Mac, mr.capps, Propaganda Machine, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Little Mac
Magnus Gallant (4): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, merk, Tremendous Taste, merk, merk, King Burgundy, Your Personal Muse
Hal Incandenza (2): GulagDolls, merk, 100YrsofAttitude, merk
Your Personal Muse (1): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Little Mac
winvirus (1): mr.capps, mr.capps, natx
GulagDolls (1): Ernie., Ernie., Propaganda Machine, Propaganda Machine, Fat Samurai
King Burgundy (1): winvirus, winvirus, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy
Tremendous Taste (0): Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
merk (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
Propaganda Machine (0): Magnus Gallant, Your Personal Muse, Magnus Gallant, Your Personal Muse
Fat Samurai (0): GulagDolls, 100YrsofAttitude, GulagDolls, 100YrsofAttitude, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
Brazen Apothecary (0): King Burgundy, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Tremendous Taste, GulagDolls, Tremendous Taste, King Burgundy, GulagDolls

Not Voting (3): apostateCourier, Brazen Apothecary, Ernie.

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Duke Capps looked at his men. He was a stern man with rugged features, but perhaps a bit weak in the chin.

He ordered an early end to the evening's full parade, and decided to pull a couple of men for a quiet word.

"Enter, please place your fingers here. Thank you soldiers, your sacrifice will not be forgotten."

A quick jab. Screaming.
Death.

natx, Harkonnen (scum) aligned Fremen Footsoldier has been lynched Day 1.
Magnus Gallant, Atreides (town)aligned Mercenary Auxiliary has been lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1, battle actions and night actions required.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh the thread is open. i can post.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Opop will close it when he gets around to it, please refrain from posting until your Allocated Posting Time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hurry up and get actions in, you have until tomorrow night

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Massacre. An absolute massacre. There was no better way to describe what happened to Duke Leto’s forces. They had hurt the Harkonnens, yes, but they’d lost many men to do it, and in the end they didn’t even win the spice field.

Ernie, Atreides (town) Aligned Bene Gesserit Assassin
Brazen Apothecary, Atreides (town) Aligned Caladanian Trooper
Propaganda Machine, Atreides (town) Aligned Mercenary Trooper
Tremendous Taste, Atreides (town) Aligned Fremen Footsoldier

Were all killed in battle N1

It wasn’t all bad news from the front, however

100yearsofattitude, Harkonnen (scum) aligned Bene Gesserit Assassin was also killed in battle N1

It didn’t end out there, though. The barracks provided a grim reminder that there were enemies in their midst

winvirus, Atreides (town) Aligned Mercenary Auxiliary was killed N1

It is now D2

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (10): apostateCourier, Fat Samurai, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Little Mac, merk, mr.capps, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 11th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

WHAT THE UFKC IS THIS FUCKIGN ARMY

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

busb posted:

Baron AFP sits in his cooled observation deck as the sun rises across the barren sand. He waits with trepidation until he spots the telltale signs of signs of men trailing across the ground. Five... have all five raiders returned in shame?

As they get near, you see that two of them walk, the other three lie motionless. You wobble down to find out what has transpired, ready to scream in frustration.

Fitty just opens his hand, and trickles some of the purest spice you've ever seen. "Mission accomplished, my Baron."

Rarity, Harkonnen (town) aligned Mercenary footman has been killed in the 1st battle
Chaoslord, Harkonnen (town) aligned Mercenary assassin has been killed in the 1st battle
Puntification, Harkonnen (town) aligned Sardaukar footman has been killed in the 1st battle

Another corpse is brought to the Barons attention, garotted and filthy.
Capitalist Pig, Harkonnen (town) aligned PrimaGiedian footman has been found dead.

House Harkonnen controls the Spice Field Delta

It is now Day 2.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:11tea:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what the hell happened

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

:stonk:

Well, the numbers aren't too bad and we have parity in scum kills.

mr.capps posted:

what the hell happened

What happened is that scum went on the mission. They basically had six to our four.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jesus Christ. This game is going to be over fast.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

apostateCourier posted:

:stonk:

Well, the numbers aren't too bad and we have parity in scum kills.

What happened is that scum went on the mission. They basically had six to our four.

I meant at the battle at large, they lost their entire front line too.

I think we made had been unfortunate when it came to the sandworms.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also I feel terrible for the magnus lynch, I thought he wasn't scum but I let merk talk me and everyone else into killing him.

Sorry magnus.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:siren:Today is a Standard Majority lynch.:siren:

Brazen Apothecary
Apr 9, 2007

NIGHTCREWBESTCREW
:ghost: I really did try in battle. Thanks for keeping me alive long enough. :ghost:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It had to be the sandworms that took out our rear, I am pretty sure 100yrs would do dmg to the front. God drat.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Brazen Apothecary posted:

:ghost: I really did try in battle. Thanks for keeping me alive long enough. :ghost:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think Merk is scum guys. I really don't like how he tried to move the votes off natx. I know stones in glass houses but refusing to vote because of non gameplay related ideals is different than actively trying to move the votes off the guy.

It also might account for natx's poor play. Merk was out the majority of the game day, leaving natx without guidance.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

Also I feel terrible for the magnus lynch, I thought he wasn't scum but I let merk talk me and everyone else into killing him.

Sorry magnus.

I thought he wasn't scum like two minutes to deadline and almost changed my vote. I could've been a hero.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think Merk is scum guys. I really don't like how he tried to move the votes off natx. I know stones in glass houses but refusing to vote because of non gameplay related ideals is different than actively trying to move the votes off the guy.

It also might account for natx's poor play. Merk was out the majority of the game day, leaving natx without guidance.

I was just wrong when I thought I was right.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

merk posted:

Magnus/natx might work. I could be wrong on the newbie.

Posted 4 minutes before deadline.

Really? You thought Magnus was town at the end?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

did ab unch of people just look at merk's post and say 'nobody with that many words, could be wrong' and then vote magnus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Can someone tell me the chances of that 20% chance happening to both of our rear guys?
Cause holy poo poo.

• Locked thread