Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe
This is Dewi, he's a Springer/Collie who was abandoned and abused over in Ireland and came to us from a Welsh rescue home thin, nervous and very submissive.

Fortunately, a combination of love and an rear end in a top hat rabbit who pushed him around until he was instilled with a spine saved the day. Eventually they'd just take turns chasing each other around the garden for hours.

He's sort of what you'd expect - not dumb, but so dang excitable and spaniel-y that he does a good impression. He exists for long walks, butt scritches, and barking at moths. You don't live here any more, sis, so thanks for inadvertently teaching him that last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That first photo is priceless. He looks so content. We also got a filthy immigrant mutt (flown from romania) and she's the best.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Anyone know what kind of mutt this is?

We're told Pom/Pek but I'm not seeing the Pek.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Rurutia posted:

Anyone know what kind of mutt this is?

We're told Pom/Pek but I'm not seeing the Pek.

That actually looks a lot like a king charles / chihuahua I used to know.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Ahhhh that's where I've seen that nose from! Thanks!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I'd buy it being pom/peke. That's totally a peke face.

It doesn't look like any of the pom/peke mixes that come up on google images but mutts are a wildcard so I don't think that means much.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
Literally what kind of dog is this?

http://imgur.com/JZxYOB1

It belongs to someone in my neighborhood, and it is so cool and friendly that every time I see it I want to steal it real bad. It's like German Shepherd + ????

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN posted:

Literally what kind of dog is this?

http://imgur.com/JZxYOB1

It belongs to someone in my neighborhood, and it is so cool and friendly that every time I see it I want to steal it real bad. It's like German Shepherd + ????

Hard to tell from that picture, but it sounds like it might be a Greater American Brown Dog.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
What type of dog do you think my friend has?

He's the bigger dog with the blackish tail in this picture.

Also, a video of this mutt on his wedding day.

legsarerequired fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 13, 2014

dirtymurphy24
Nov 30, 2014

The doctor is in.
My friend's pitbull/gargoyle mix. Those ears...

dirtymurphy24 fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 13, 2014

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Holy poo poo that's a gremlin

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

OMG those ears... <3

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Me and my bro, hanging out drinking beers and slapping nuts into those guts. Allegedly he is a pomchi, but I think he might be part altered beast.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Black dogs are horrible to try and take pictures of.

Just a random picture.

Tiamat
Jul 25, 2008

yer a wizard, harry
hopefully this thread isn't dead! please speculate wildly about mary sue

don't mind our golden's butt here

bonus: something good was in the kitchen

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Mutt thread will never die, it has ~hybrid vigour~

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
In January I got to visit my family and Barkley after almost a year away.

He folds his ears back so much, you guys. They stick up like a shepherd's, when he's sleeping or thinks no one is looking.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

What do you guys think this Pei X is? Pei x Pug? I've sort of always thought Pei x Pug/Beagle, 'cause of his size. He's probably about the same size as Cohen, despite what he looks like in this photo. Maybe 40 pounds.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Sutureself posted:

In January I got to visit my family and Barkley after almost a year away.

He folds his ears back so much, you guys. They stick up like a shepherd's, when he's sleeping or thinks no one is looking.

That looks very much like a Kelpie/Cattledog mix I know.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
LOOK AT THIS DOG

I LOVE THIS DOG

:3:

thethuthinnang
Feb 3, 2004

cool as heck
This is Bacchus and his new brother Drake the Saint Bernard/American Bulldog mutt. We've had him for about three weeks and he's the sweetest doofiest dog I've ever known. Yay dogs!

thethuthinnang fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 6, 2015

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

a life less posted:

What do you guys think this Pei X is? Pei x Pug? I've sort of always thought Pei x Pug/Beagle, 'cause of his size. He's probably about the same size as Cohen, despite what he looks like in this photo. Maybe 40 pounds.

I could see some beagle. He may not even need to have pug, but ~puggle~ is equally as likely as beagle.

Here's my pomeranian mix (lol)

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

The Pei mix is such a funny dog. Really good temperament overall. A little weary of strangers, but that's to be expected. He seems to live life in slow motion 90% of the time. He's very different from my two in that regard.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

thethuthinnang posted:

This is Bacchus and his new brother Drake the Saint Bernard/American Bulldog mutt. We've had him for about three weeks and he's the sweetest doofiest dog I've ever known. Yay dogs!

Saint Bernard Mixes are excellent terrible dogs :3:

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008
Here are two of the three dogs I'm petsitting this week. Pretty sure they're all mutts. Definitely the "puppy" in this photo:

The puppy, Maggie, is the bigger one of the two in the photo, the chi (mix?) being the mom, Bella. They have no idea what dad was as the little one was pregnant when they adopted her.

Maggie has long fur on her tail, and super soft tufts of fur on her elbows, much like her ears. Generally soft fur, except for the scruff of her neck seems to have more of a wiry texture.

Want to get a DNA panel for the family for Christmas!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Her foot is on backwards.

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008

Papercut posted:

Her foot is on backwards.

A little bit :( Born that way, but she doesn't seem to be in pain or anything, and zips around like crazy. Sometimes if she leans just right, it just looks like she's posing sassily.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Those are some ridiculously cute mutts though.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

We just got a Jack Russel Labrador mix. She's adorable.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My dog is staying with my sister-in-law this week, and she's sending us regular updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjRStGmr8XU

Edit: Further Updates on his teeth:

Max fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 27, 2015

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

We got a 6-year old shih tzu/? from the Humane Society about 8 months ago now..

He came with a few teeth removed because his previous owner didn't take care great care of his mouth. Also he had a buzz cut except for his tail.

Turns out he's an lazy middle-aged ewok with a diva tail.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

hockeyfrog posted:

Here are two of the three dogs I'm petsitting this week. Pretty sure they're all mutts. Definitely the "puppy" in this photo:

The puppy, Maggie, is the bigger one of the two in the photo, the chi (mix?) being the mom, Bella. They have no idea what dad was as the little one was pregnant when they adopted her.

Maggie has long fur on her tail, and super soft tufts of fur on her elbows, much like her ears. Generally soft fur, except for the scruff of her neck seems to have more of a wiry texture.

Want to get a DNA panel for the family for Christmas!

Cute pups. Maggie's ear hair reminds me a lot of a Papillon.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
MUTT FOR THE MUTT THREAD

We've had Miko for about 8 years now after our cousins found her wandering around on the side of the road. Incredibly sweet and loving dog and pretty smart, we were super lucky to have found her. We have absolutely no clue what she is, and I'd love to do one of those DNA tests one day. What do you guys think? I have guesses but I'm curious what you guys come up with.

She looks like she got in white paint with white paws, white tail tip, white nose and white belly. :3: Everything else is mottled grey and brown. Which from reading this thread I think is merle?

I'm currently trying to teach her to fistbump :3:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

^ I could believe Akita/Border Collie for Miko!

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008

Drum posted:

Cute pups. Maggie's ear hair reminds me a lot of a Papillon.

That is what I thought as well, both with the ears and the long tail fur. I'm guessing the DNA panel would come back simply saying "Dog." :)

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Everyone wants to do a DNA pannel and have it come back as RARE SIBERIAN TIGERHUND

voiced by bruce willis

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Miko definitely has a herding dog face. I'd believe some sort of border collie mutt.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
My parents got a puppy 9 months ago, a Boxer mixed with we think a puggle:

For reference, when he was only a couple months old:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I'd call that a boxer/pit. It has a very pitty head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I'd call that a boxer/pit. It has a very pitty head.

Our first dog was a pibble. This guy's head is much more round and less blocky plus he is very slim compared to most pitty dogs I see.