Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I can't believe Richie Incognito didn't end up running away with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

korrandark posted:

Darren Rovell, and I hope he throws a tantrum when someone tweets him.

bawbaw
Nov 28, 2007
<Center Justified>

korrandark posted:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Manoueverable posted:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Rovell sucks poo poo but him losing is also worth tweeting to him about. Incognito is certifiably insane and a douche that all future douches will be measured against.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

korrandark posted:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Richie Incognito for all of the obvious reasons. Rovell is a good runner up but Incognito really earned it this year.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Can we compromise that if Incognito does win, we tell Darren Rovell he didn't win because his brand wasn't big enough?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

HMS Beagle posted:

Can we compromise that if Incognito does win, we tell Darren Rovell he didn't win because his brand wasn't big enough?

YES.

Richie Incognito

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Basically there's no wrong choice here, either we go for a career douche who has a long history and bright future in being a total piece of poo poo, autistic level, failure of basic human interaction, or we go for the beautiful firework of trash that exploded last year.

You're not giving Richie Incognito enough credit. He's been as much of a career douche as Rovell, it's just that his career was more or less put to rest because of it rather than advanced because of it. It's somewhat irrelevant because in terms of this contest this past year is all that matters, but don't delude yourself into thinking that Incognito wasn't a gigantic douche until Jonathan Martin came around.

ArithianFlame
Feb 8, 2014

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Richie Incognito is a uniquely perfect douchebag, I don't think we'll ever see anyone quite like him again.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

HMS Beagle posted:

Well yeah this should be the plan anyway.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Richard "Richie" Incognito

Tweet at Rovell anyway, but Richie got this.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
we need to create a hashtag so we can all congratulate rovell on his 1st or 2nd place finish

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

we need to create a hashtag so we can all congratulate rovell on his 1st or 2nd place finish

#KingDouche2014

and

#PrinceDouche2014 or #ViceDouche2014

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
#BRDotY
#DotY
#SADotY
#TFFDotY

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
As the dude in charge, I'll just make a decision here. The official hashtag will be:

#TFFDotY2014

I'd prefer to keep the word Douche out of it to increase the likelihood of him clicking on a linked picture.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

As the dude in charge, I'll just make a decision here. The official hashtag will be:

#TFFDotY2014

I'd prefer to keep the word Douche out of it to increase the likelihood of him clicking on a linked picture.

Also I updated the bracket. Having two jobs can be a bitch.

Can I vote for Ray Rice? No? I gotta vote for Incognito then.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Militree posted:

Can I vote for Ray Rice? No? I gotta vote for Incognito then.

Just in time. Awesome.

Thanks for all of your help.

One last request: Can you PM me one with each possible winner? That way the twitter bombing can commence as soon as the tourney ends.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
About 15 minutes after this AP/NFL/Goodell-knowing-about-Rice-video story broke just now:

just saying...

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Gotta go with the classic dick Richie Incognito. Darren Rovell is an excellent choice and a worthy opponent but in light of current events I am shocked it is this close. Looking past the entire Dolphins locker room scandal Richie Incognito sexually assaulted a volunteer worker during a charity event and never faced a single consequence for that action. This piece of poo poo should have faced what Ray Rice is getting now for such an act and even in a reasonable place like TFF it's overshadowed by the gross and flashy locker room affair.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Pron on VHS posted:

About 15 minutes after this AP/NFL/Goodell-knowing-about-Rice-video story broke just now:

just saying...

no loving way

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Pron on VHS posted:

just saying...

Oh my god he's just loving ridiculous. You could not run a parody of Rovell

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm fine with Incognito winning but it makes me sad when goons say Rovell is so close in the voting only so we can tweet him the results. That's not true. He has earned his runner up position

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Stat Sheet: Rovell, Darren

Height: Below Average
Weight: Average
Build: Ameba Like
Education: Northwestern

Gentleman, Gunes, and Friends,

We have a chance to be at the ground floor of something truly amazing. We have the chance to be the catalyst to a true Dynasty. When I think of sports dynasties, I immediately think of the 74’ - 79’ Steelers, 09’-12’ Alabama, the 60’s Packers, Da U in the late 80’s, and last but not least Darren Rovell.

Incognito is a douche, this is a fact. However, we should not vote for Richie Rich because he is too stupid to understand that he is a douche. Incognito is an inbred, trailer trash, waste man who made money because he could stand in one spot and push some dude across from him, this is in his blood. Also, Incognito is acting out of instinct and he is to stupid to comprehend “douchey” (see Dunning- Kruger). Unlike Richie Rich, Rovell is a superior douche. I will concede that Rovell doesn’t have the A++ Douche Genetics that Richie has. Where Rovell excels is that he makes the conscious decision to literally be the definition of human filth, and HAS EVEN BUILT A BRAND revolving around being a huge corporate nut sucking DOUCHEBAG.

Voting in Incognito will not bring you satisfaction, he is

• Unable to read
  • Does not understand that what he is doing is abhorrent
  • Probably unable to remember anything past his need to breathe (albeit through his mouth)

Here is why you should vote Darren Rovell:

Darren Rovell is an unapologetic industry shitbag, someone who found his niche licking the excrement laden boots of corporate sponsors:

However, that's not what stands out most about Darren Rovell. The reason I think Darren Rovell is supreme douche master race because he represents a specific breed of self-branding wastemen.

quote:

“He is the guy harassing you with a LinkedIn invite every five seconds. He is the motivational speaker with a handful of self-published books sitting on a card table. He is the guy clapping enthusiastically during the unveiling of a new Pepsi can. He is the guy rehearsing his elevator pitch in the mirror before heading out to the Holiday Inn Express breakfast buffet...”

Darren Rovell is the champion of the corporate brand. He is the man who has traded the last bit of humanity for Corporate Brand.

If you want to understand how companies like the Baltimore Ravens, the Miami Dolphins, the NFL, and the NCAA can become such inhumane, awful places, Rovell is the answer. He is strictly about the brand—the face of the enterprise. Whatever shady poo poo is going on beneath that brand is simply a necessary evil to keep it all neat and spiffy. He is the guy who stands behind a front office that changes their health coverage to deny a sick women treatment, allows an organization to give a player a 2 game suspension for knocking his wife out (and making her apologize for getting decked) and a one year ban for smoking weed, and basically fights to keep the ability to have athlete slaves (irony points that he went to Northwestern).

For Rovell, brand is God. A brand is the new form of the human soul. In Rovell's mind all human events are reducible to their effect on some real or imagined market value:

quote:

"If you’re a fan today and you don’t understand the business, then you’re a bad fan. You will lose at the watercooler every single time."

Darren Rovell has made a business out of being a douche. He gets paid to be a douche. He wakes up every morning and builds a temple of douche. We, as gunes, have a responsibility to acknowledge Rovell as the Head Priest of the Church of Douche. My fellow scholars of douche, the time is now, let’s acknowledge this renaissance of douche and crown the King to his rightful throne.

In closing,

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/05/complete-timeline-darren-rovell-tattling-readers.html

That's just loving douchey.

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 10, 2014

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Pron on VHS posted:

just saying...

uhhhh Darren Rovell :stare:

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Perhaps he is already aware of us and is trying to win on purpose?

Because, drat.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Pron on VHS posted:

just saying...

I want to believe that this is a pretty funny and subtle joke

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Come on guys did you not read the articles interviewing him? He totally knows what he's doing and you're falling for it.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Come on guys did you not read the articles interviewing him? He totally knows what he's doing and you're falling for it.

Does that make him any less of a douche?

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Just in time. Awesome.

Thanks for all of your help.

One last request: Can you PM me one with each possible winner? That way the twitter bombing can commence as soon as the tourney ends.

Sure. I'll have to PM you tomorrow tho.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

God I would love nothing more that to slowly walk up and just hock a juicy loogie right into his earhole.

Militree posted:

This owns, btw. :golfclap:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Incognito's actions are minor league compared to Ray Rice. I vote Rovell

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Incognito's actions are minor league compared to Ray Rice. I vote Rovell

Ray Rice hit a woman. Incognito hit people, cheated, deliberately tried to injure other players, sexually assaulted people, systematically abused teammates to the degree one of them literally quit his job in the NFL to get away from him, extorted, bullied, and did so for years. And he never, ever accepted any responsibility or showed the slightest genuine contrition for his actions, to this day. He isn't sorry for any of it, he's only sorry he suffered consequences. He has not learned a loving thing from what's happened to him.

Hitting his girlfriend so hard she lost consciousness is terrible and I am not in any way excusing that. And it's hard to compare different categories of terrible behavior on some kind of scale of how-bad-is-it. But to me, Incognito is so much worse than Ray Rice it isn't even on the same chart.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pron on VHS posted:

just saying...

He wants to win. Don't let him, vote against him to spite him.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Oh god it's so hard. But to me, when I think back in fifty years on this year, my memories will be of Richie Incognito doing something so douchey that it was universally recognized as the most perfect act of douchebaggery to crown a douche-career in the history of the world. A thousand years shall pass, and Richie Incognito shall be a douche. So it is written. So shall it be.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Gotta go Richie Incognito here. Rovell is annoying, but if people think he deserves it over Incognito it's just recency swaying them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

I'll tally the votes tomorrow afternoon.

Keep in mind that the official hashtag for the twitter bombing of Mr. Rovell, win or lose, is #TFFDotY2014

• Locked thread