Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

mr.capps posted:

king bundees what do you think about YPM

His interaction with me yesterday felt scummy and he wouldn't vote for natx but I thought this was town:

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hey Capps, reading the other thread I don't think it's a good idea to have the votes spread out like this.

Like, why would he not just try to organize his scum team to take you out instead of trying to spur the vote consolidation? I was actually worried it might happen right up until the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

apostateCourier posted:

Gulag's flailing. ##vote Gulag

##unvote

He was at -1. We've still got over a day to discuss things.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

Gulag's flailing. ##vote Gulag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5E1OLeJGE&list=LLG1DwtTF9Cakwtqs8FALqNA#t=18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5E1OLeJGE&list=LLG1DwtTF9Cakwtqs8FALqNA#t=24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5E1OLeJGE&list=LLG1DwtTF9Cakwtqs8FALqNA#t=29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5E1OLeJGE&list=LLG1DwtTF9Cakwtqs8FALqNA#t=38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq5E1OLeJGE&list=LLG1DwtTF9Cakwtqs8FALqNA#t=55

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

His interaction with me yesterday felt scummy and he wouldn't vote for natx but I thought this was town:

Like, why would he not just try to organize his scum team to take you out instead of trying to spur the vote consolidation? I was actually worried it might happen right up until the deadline.

This is a good thing to maybe dive into: I think the scum team could have coordinated and voted out the King yesterday (4 scum, we lynched Magnus with 4?) but not all of them were around. If four scum were present at deadline, a quick shift to all capps at deadline could've won the game on day 1.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

THATS how the scum win??? o_O

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

THATS how the scum win??? o_O

capps this post means you have to confirm me as town now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gulag you are already confirm town i trust you 100%

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its just that you might be scum and evil

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I win when the Baron Harkonnen has been eliminated, but I don't know about the scum <--- confirmed town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Lol, how do nightkills work, XD

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

This is a good thing to maybe dive into: I think the scum team could have coordinated and voted out the King yesterday (4 scum, we lynched Magnus with 4?) but not all of them were around. If four scum were present at deadline, a quick shift to all capps at deadline could've won the game on day 1.

Yeah, looks like four on both, so it should have been easy to arrange it. The four votes on Natx are all confirmed town from flips or Capps himself. The four on Magnus were: Tremendous Taste, merk, King Burgundy, Your Personal Muse

Little Mac, Fat Samurai, Hal, 100 and Gulag were on other people and apostateCourier, Brazen Apothecary, Ernie were not voting.

If there is a scum in the Magnus list, then the four scum should have had no difficulties voting Capps. If there isn't, it wouldn't have been possible.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We can probably discard this right away actually. natx wasn't around at deadline.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If Capps wasn't confirmed town I'd be sure he was scum.

My initial feel is that gulag is scum but I'm still just surface reading at this point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

If Capps wasn't confirmed town I'd be sure he was scum.

My initial feel is that gulag is scum but I'm still just surface reading at this point.

Hal, when I die, will you pick up the flag and walk it down the battlefield towards Little Mac and Gulag? Will you rally the heathen fremen to fight for House Atreides rather than poke swords at our own?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Hal, when I die, will you pick up the flag and walk it down the battlefield towards Little Mac and Gulag? Will you rally the heathen fremen to fight for House Atreides rather than poke swords at our own?

Yes and I will start with ##vote Gulag

Actually I don't really agree on Mac, he seems solidly town to me.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

GulagDolls (4): merk, merk, merk, merk, Little Mac, Little Mac, Little Mac, King Burgundy, merk, apostateCourier, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza
merk (3): Your Personal Muse, King Burgundy, mr.capps, mr.capps, mr.capps, Fat Samurai, mr.capps, mr.capps, King Burgundy
apostateCourier (1): GulagDolls
Little Mac (0): merk, GulagDolls, merk, merk, apostateCourier, merk, GulagDolls, apostateCourier
King Burgundy (0): merk, merk
Your Personal Muse (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (1): King Burgundy

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 11th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Day 2's battle will be an Atriedes raid on Carthag!

Carthag
The seat of the Harkonnen’s power. The ostentatious fortification will be heavily defended. It would take a brave force to attempt this raid.

Harkonnen Benefit: The Harkonnen Baron may select an additional frontline defender for battles.
Atreides Benefit: If your raiding party wins, the Atriedes Duke may instantly ##kill one player in the opposing thread (except the enemy ruler).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat it Capps, you really put us out there.

You should really put me in the front lines.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nah, attacking the castle's a good idea because we're a player behind (I think?) and it would be advantageous to get that #kill.

Also, once more with feeling, put me in front.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I can do stabby stab things

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm just realize there is going to be some tricky timing.
We are going to want to reach majority a few hours before the deadline.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The other thread doesn't really seem to understand this game well, I don't think they realize every battle isn't suppose to end with entire ranks decimated.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anyway after what ernie said in the thread I think what caused the front ranks of both sides to be killed off was the assassins, since ernie was one and it seems the other team lost theirs too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hal Incandenza posted:

Either we die slowly and painfully, fighting inch per inch trying to gain lost ground.
Or we be agressive and push back.

The latter option is funner and more interesting as well.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

Either we die slowly and painfully, fighting inch per inch trying to gain lost ground.

I'm cool with it. DEATH OR GLORY

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

Fair enough, I can't fault that attitude

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Gulag rhymes with scumbag.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A slant rhyme at best. Gulag is a closer rhyme with Tupac who is dead so make it so.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: gulag rhymes with doo-rag:ghost:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It doesn't though. :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Little Mac posted:

A slant rhyme at best. Gulag is a closer rhyme with Tupac who is dead so make it so.

Poo bog :nexus:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: I pronounce it gew-lag :ghost:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Shut the gently caress Up

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

tell us the last scum and we may let you live

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Little Mac posted:

tell us the last scum and we may let you live

it would be nice if there was any case on me that didnt exist solely because of other peoples behavior, also it would be nice if you all shut the gently caress up, especially apostate.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GulagDolls posted:

it would be nice if there was any case on me that didnt exist solely because of other peoples behavior, also it would be nice if you all shut the gently caress up, especially apostate.

My case is based on your behavior.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no it's not.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

There's also something weird with both Gulag and 100Yrs pushing Hal late in the day, but I can't figure out what it is. natx was the vote leader with four when Gulag/100Yrs vote Hal to bring him to 3.

I at least don't think Hal is scum. 100Yrs wouldn't vote Hal to make it a natx/Hal lynch if Hal was also Scum.

merk posted:

I think I'm coming around to Gulag being scum. With the lynch being natx/? (a bunch of people at 1 vote), I think the scum would want to try to at least get some certainty on the second lynch being not them. This supports 100Yrs following Gulag instead of slamming the bus hammer on natx, which he should have done to gain town cred when natx's lynch was pretty much certain at that time (21 mins to deadline, 4 votes with everyone else at 1).

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

no it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If you go reread 100yrs vote on me it really reads like he is just hoping to start some momentum to follow Gulag rather than saying something he really believes. Looks like something planned in a scumdoc to me.

• Locked thread