Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Like I said before...

Lumpen posted:

Just gave Somberbrero a re-read. I notice sincere Scumhunting all game, with effort. Although I have not been in agreement with most of his cases, I consider him likely Town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Pinterest Mom (3): Lumpen, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, anime gently caress pillow, 50 pounds of bread, Somberbrero, anime gently caress pillow
Somberbrero (1): JakeP
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Meinberg (0): anime gently caress pillow, anime gently caress pillow

Not Voting (7): anime gently caress pillow, CCKeane, DGK2000, Juanito, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Meinberg, Pinterest Mom

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 11th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 56 minutes.

Reminder, raiding parties must be submitted 1 hour before deadline!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
My gut says Keane Somber, but I don't feel super confident about anything. I'd vote PM, but like I said, I just think it would be weird if the top 3 vote getters yesterday were all scum, it just usually doesnt work that way.

I understand that my posting isn't up to par with where I usually am in games, and I can understand why people would find me scummy. My workload has sort of got crazy and I have been busy as poo poo, and then too tired to think. I guess thats what I get for gloating about how chilax my job is all the time.

Diqnol do you feel confident about 50? A lot of his posts just seem like chime ins to chastise a player for doing something, like some kind of absent mafia step-dad. Its been a gut feel I have had since early, and maybe I am just forgetting his contribution, but ya what about 50

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote Keane I feel really good about this. I'll also be around tomorrow.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if PM is scum though I bet DGK is also

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The only two positive aspects of 50 are his argument with Punt and the fact that we won the battle. Nothing else indicates town, really.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

anime gently caress pillow posted:

The only two positive aspects of 50 are his argument with Punt and the fact that we won the battle. Nothing else indicates town, really.

50 was also fingered by CapPig. That said, I do think 50 being on the winning side is significant here, and I can't ignore it.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure I either won the battle for us, or did absolutely nothing. I'm not really sure if the ability I used was awesome, or terrible.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

50 pounds of bread posted:

I'm pretty sure I either won the battle for us, or did absolutely nothing. I'm not really sure if the ability I used was awesome, or terrible.

If you close your eyes and concentrate, you can hear the rest of the thread tapping their feet impatiently.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

50 pounds of bread posted:

Share more details? I'm pretty sure I helped win :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Don't elaborate :D

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anyway, when you guys see this, let me know your preferred combat position. No need to hold back. After I have an idea of what I want, I'd be happy to help hammer PM, as it seems nobody wants to discuss anybody else. After this post I'm going to analyze some other players but this is almost certainly for down the road. Please don't hammer until I know what I want for combat, though!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JakeP posted:

My gut says Keane Somber, but I don't feel super confident about anything. I'd vote PM, but like I said, I just think it would be weird if the top 3 vote getters yesterday were all scum, it just usually doesnt work that way.

I understand that my posting isn't up to par with where I usually am in games, and I can understand why people would find me scummy. My workload has sort of got crazy and I have been busy as poo poo, and then too tired to think. I guess thats what I get for gloating about how chilax my job is all the time.

Diqnol do you feel confident about 50? A lot of his posts just seem like chime ins to chastise a player for doing something, like some kind of absent mafia step-dad. Its been a gut feel I have had since early, and maybe I am just forgetting his contribution, but ya what about 50

I suppose Keane Somber would be an unsurprising duo for me, by the way, but I still think scum would have fought harder for a PM lynch if that was the case. Dork not getting lynched there may have prevented him from being lynched later/eventually helped scum on the battlefield if I put him on the front lines.

I explained my thoughts on 50 I think, and keane's point is also valid. If we're getting near the end and we still have a scum or two out there, I'm taking a long look at 50.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm comfortable at the back of the class.

I don't know how Keane and I make a lot of sense. If I were going to bus my scumbuddy when we were down two already I would have to have a drat good plan.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Keane I feel really good about this. I'll also be around tomorrow.

Based on d1 I would join you but I don't know if I feel he's scum anymore. Is there anything that stands out about him aside from his flattery and capps insults? I realize that many times when we scum hunt we look from deviations from their town game as an indicator, but Keane might just be having fun? I saw him in another game recently (ecco's, in which he was town) and to my great surprise discovered he was very, very active.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I'm comfortable at the back of the class.

I don't know how Keane and I make a lot of sense. If I were going to bus my scumbuddy when we were down two already I would have to have a drat good plan.

What if I told you I wasn't basing it at all on your interactions? What if I told you that neither one of you was put in a position where you had to bus one another? What if I told you that based on the way was going that any planning you might have wouldn't be terribly helpful if I was around making GBS threads on your momentum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno if I would say that Keane was active in Arrentia. He didn't do a ton of scum hunting and I kept around until lategame on purpose.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And what if I told you that distancing is extremely common?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno if I would say that Keane was active in Arrentia. He didn't do a ton of scum hunting and I kept around until lategame on purpose.

He isn't doing a ton of scum hunting here, either.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Like I said before...

I note a lot of scumhunting, but why don't you check Ecco's game out to get an idea of how Somber is when he's scum. You'll be surprised to learn that he can fake that kind of thing rather easily. I'm leaning town on Somber at this exact moment, but I am not giving him a clear for effort.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I guess I would be confused, then.

I feel like, when scum buddies are distancing, it's a mutual effort. I've put a lot of effort toward Keane and he's completely backed off me and doesn't really respond to anything I say.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't think anyone paid attention when I quoted this the first time so let me just, once more, point out this turgid turd of a "case" on me:

Haha this is valid though, Betrayer's statement there really is quite a turd.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I guess I would be confused, then.

I feel like, when scum buddies are distancing, it's a mutual effort. I've put a lot of effort toward Keane and he's completely backed off me and doesn't really respond to anything I say.

Then why aintcha vote him?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Then why aintcha vote him?

Very few people responded to what I posted. I'm still down to vote Keane, but since Pinterest seems inevitable I'm not going to tilt at windmills.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PM is not inevitable. I am very, very quickly cooling on that lynch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

Here's a bulletpoint case on keane.

• Doesn't vote for either of the flipped scum.
  • Votes Lumpen with no explanation leading up to deadline before flipping onto Pinterest near end of day, with no explanation.
  • He voted Lumpen and then said "Eh, he's one that I always get a bad read on, so take that for what it's worth."
  • Keane was around close to deadline and shoulda switched to dork.
  • Betrayer dislikes cheerleading, Keane posts this at the start of day 2 "That's a bloody couple of days, for both threads. Jesus."
  • Edit: Totally wishy-washy, especially on me.

##vote CCkeane cool

One weird thing was that Pinterest said no one responded to that MEDS post and I did, in detail, but MEDS and I are her scum picks?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Put me on the front lines. I feel confident that I will be focused on by the enemy, advantageously to us.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So here's what I'm thinking right now. PM was very nearly lynched on d1, leaving 2 scum in the thread. PM did not come into d2 looking to find the final two scum as I would expect from either alignment, but rather continued dithering and posted cases when prompted, accompanied by a "sorry not sorry" regarding her busyness in life right now. I'm starting to think that PM is frustrated and busy and that her effort this game was going to be about this regardless of her alignment, rather than thinking she's crumpled under pressure or anything. She isn't giving too much effort and she's not really said anything that changed my mind of anyone but I really do get the feeling she's town.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Diqnol, Pinterest Mom is both a man and also Scum. Do not be a fool.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh. I saw Somber calling PM a female so I figured that meant PM was one. Sorry PM!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

DGK I really don't think is scum. He's not invested in this game whatsover.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Okay, so my base logic is as follows. Both Ixt and dorkanoid played it low, and avoided making any cases or really reads. It's possible that this order came from on high, or it's possible that Ixt legitimately had computer problems and that dorkanoid is just a guy who doesn't make big waves. That said, I think it is likely that at least one of our remaining scum is a relatively inactive player.

Pinterest Mom is a prime candidate for this, certainly.

DGK has also avoided making waves, making reads. In addition to his early policy stance against Lumpen, here are the total of his reads/cases throughout the entire game to date:

The post above is in regards to Meds' case that Juanito was looking scummy due to emerging intact from the battle.

Basically, these are all low content cases, and other than the case on Juanito, reads that were fairly popular with the thread, so as to not draw attention to them.

Now, DGK also claimed that this was what he was going to do. His logic makes a certain kind of sense, but it's convoluted and allows him to go hidden with ease. Ultimately, my gut says that he's sliding by on previous meta in order to maintain a scum team strategy.

Meinberg posted:

On the one hand, I'm town. On the other, I don't really know if I can defend myself. I -think- we'll be alright with a mislynch, though, so that's good.

Is Meinberg scum?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I suspect you have psyched yourself out. Pinterest Mom remains the best target. A reread can enlighten.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Every day that passes where PM doesn't post makes me more comfortable voting him.

Diqnol I can be front line or backline, I can be effective at either

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I almost forgot about that, really. He made a comment about DGK, so I asked him to elaborate. He comes back with a really forced case. If he were town, wouldn't he just tell me "no, that's really the gist of my feeling" instead of trying to throw something together based on it? In addition, his 2 posts after that were self conscious as all get-out.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
How would you explain the timing, tone, and content of his casing Dorkanoid on D1?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

How would you explain the timing, tone, and content of his casing Dorkanoid on D1?

You're right! That was a crazy idea of mine!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Meinbergs posts regarding Dorkanoid clear him nearly as much as Lumpen is making it out to be. He makes like 2 posts about him and never votes him. Sure the voting situation didn't really call for the vote, so I don't think it makes meinberg scummy, but I don't see why it can't be a weak bus with a solid excuse not to vote with the case.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm really liking how "read" has magically become "case" in Mafia vernacular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I'm really liking how "read" has magically become "case" in Mafia vernacular.

"read" has magically become "opinion" actually, "case" is something else still.

• Locked thread