Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Brainamp posted:

Sorry, had a busy weekend.

No worries.

---

I mentioned this in the IRC #swampthings channel, but for the benefit of the players who don't frequent it, if you do a big post that spans multiple different 'scenes' whether that's chronologically via flashbacks or geographically, I'd really appreciate it if you could break them apart or signify when you're changing scene, like in Axe-man/Sarah's last post. Minor thing, I know, but I would appreciate it nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Gonna slow down posting until everyone else catches up. Where is everyone? :o

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Right behind you :v:

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

I'm working on it! I'm gonna talk to Tanner and Madine eventually. Now if only I could figure out how to get tied into the rest of the characters... :cry:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Steal Shelly's cigarettes from Lem when he goes to turn them in :getin:

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
I've been waiting for someone to set a scene that I can crash, since I want to interact with PCs who are Not Hiroko.

So far everyone who has posted has ended up in the same scene as her. I might just put Lily in the cafeteria and hope I don't get left all alone.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

GodFish posted:

Steal Shelly's cigarettes from Lem when he goes to turn them in :getin:

I might actually count that as a Sympathetic Token if that happens~

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gazetteer posted:

So far everyone who has posted has ended up in the same scene as her. I might just put Lily in the cafeteria and hope I don't get left all alone.

That's where Sam was probably gonna end up, so don't worry.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
If people don't have ideas for posts by tomorrow, I could start prompting PC-on-PC meetups. Don't want to rush anyone if they do have plans, of course, just let me know if you're stumped and need some narrative help to move things along.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I edited in the explicit choice for being turned on for Jenny. If it's not really working or too mild, I can give Lem the string back.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Alright, finally back from my trip. I'll have a post up once I've gotten some sleep.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
With Shelly and Lem's encounter being a Nown verified New Scene(TM), that failed shut down roll pushes Shelly over to 5 exp. I'll take Patience is a Virtue

Patience is a Virtue posted:

When you bite your tongue and don’t respond to adversity, roll with cold. On a 10 up, choose one: gain a String on them; they gain the Condition snake foodOut of Time. On a 7-9, they gain the Condition snake foodOut of Time.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So I think I'm going to just move on soon (Monday, 12 PM MST) to after Lunch, because there's been a couple of instances now of people not having things to post for a couple of days. If you haven't made plans for what your character is doing this IC evening by then, I'll just throw a leading question your way to see what you run into.

So far, I know we have:
Shelly/Lem/Sarah going to do some monsterhunting
Hiroko/Lily on a not-date.

So Jenny, Samantha and Tyler, we need to find things for you to do :p

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I thought Sam was going to show some people around town? I know Sarah was invited, I had wobbled with combining the two, at once, if brainamp wants, she could come along with npc monster hunting :)

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Jenny would probably end up glomming on to Sam's tour if it happened.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Posted a timeskip/scenechange. If you need a prompt, let me know and I can throw one in. Please try to post at least once over the course of the week, or I might come up with an excuse to temporarily remove your character from things so they're not holding everyone up.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I don't have any specific in mind until 7 pm (aka whenever Sarah and Lem are done with any previous commitments :v:), so feel free to throw npcs/temporal anomalys/other PCs/weird orders from the future at Shelly for now.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
When I feel a bit better Sam going to take us on a tour brainamp? :allears:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey brainamp, if you want to skip past formalities and come back with the tour that is cool, i don't have a scene in mind at the house :)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sorry. Got sick and the medicine has fried my brain. :(

Lemme get my post up and we can move on if you want.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Hey, Zachol? I was looking over your renamed version of Unresolved Trauma, and "Gasping" replacing the "Blamed" condition seems a little weird to me? Like, that sounds like it would be a physical condition, whereas Blamed is a social one -- I'm just wondering, if you put that on my character would I be expected to assume she is literally unable to breath normally? If not, I'm not sure I see what that would mean metaphorically. Just a little confused.

quote:

The Drowning:
Whenever you get flashbacks to your confused and painful death, roll +dark. On a 10+, give two people the gasping condition. On a 7-9, give up to two people the gasping condition, but for each choose one:
- You gain the frantic condition
- You can't speak during this scene
- You suffer one harm
- You fall into the earth or floor and begin drowning

Versus

quote:

Unresolved Trauma:
Whenever you project the blame and trauma of your death onto your current situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, give two people the blamed condition. On a 7-9, give up to two people the blamed condition, but for
each, choose one:
- You gain the delusional condition,
- You can’t speak during this scene,
- You suffer one harm,
- You start re-enacting the scene of your death.

Just going to stick these here for the sake of clarity.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

The idea was a sort of psychosomatic feeling of panic with no actual physical consequences. Spooky ghost stuff, visions, etc, passing away immediately when the moment is broken. I was planning on taking the harm/dark move before it would come up, so the two would slot together.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

So, it is a physical condition, then? Like, it is a thing that literally describes how my character is feeling, rather than something like Blamed, which is entirely about how others (The Ghost) sees them?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Hm, you're right. I'll withdraw it, Jenny's getting pretty far away from where I was thinking with that anyway.

e: I was unsure what that move was actually meant to do; I'd assumed "blamed" could have other, overt effects, getting drawn in somehow to the ghost's death scene, and my intention was to skin/personalize the move ahead of time, but I have a feeling I just misunderstood the intention.
e2: On retrospect I'm realizing the right way works better regardless.
e3: Actually this way is super perfect and the more I think about it the more I'm feeling jazzed. Awesome, thanks for calling me on my dumb idea.
That's not sarcasm, something about the ghost finally clicked for me.

zachol fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 12, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Brainamp posted:

Sorry. Got sick and the medicine has fried my brain. :(

Lemme get my post up and we can move on if you want.

Yupe all ready to be changed and good to go out! Lem is throwing us for a loop for fun, but I think sarah will deflect him with offer of a room to crash in till we are finished touring, unless you figure it would be more fun to have Sam and Lem hate fest go down.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Sam:
What is that roll for? It looks kind of like Manipulate NPC, but I'm not sure what you're manipulating her for - what do you want her to do?

It was a turn on roll.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Brainamp posted:

It was a turn on roll.

Okay, edited the result into my IC post.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I just want to formally recognize that this is a massive friend code breach. I mean she is right there in front of her mom. Talk about a ego hit. :smith:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
So just got word from ActingPower/Tyler that he's dropping out. I'll post a thing for the Haunted House tomorrow, but from now on, Shelly, you're the only PC there.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Okay, so - sorry about the delay on my posting. Exams happened. I'm thinking we should wrap up this night and continue from the next morning (and I have a plan for Lem so we don't have to wait for him, because I know RWT's been very busy IRL too), so as soon as you're confident your scene is done, post here or let me know on the IRC so we can move on.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Just waiting on BrainAmp then I'll narrate the goings on, and if you want Zachol I can make a roll for Jenny, but I'm also fine if you just want to carry the 6 forwards.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Was thinking the 6 should get resolved, but if you're fine with it another roll to run away at -1 would be alright. Maybe you'll roll better?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Well I am still here if bad at posting :)

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Sorry for being unclear, I am writing the resolution of that Lash Out roll, I just wanted to know if you did prefer me rolling - which is fine with me.

Speaking of which:

[1:28pm] Nown: !r 2d6-1
[1:28pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9-1 = 8

On a 7-9, you get away,
but choose one: you cause a big scene; you run directly
into something worse; the scariest person there gets a
String on you.

I'll just finish writing the resolution of the Lash Out, then you can write up the Run Away result, okay?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Sure thing.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sorry for going dark. Both my desktop and laptop have poo poo the bed so I'm sort of limited to phone posting and the odd occasion I can grab a work computer. I'll try to have a post up in a couple hours.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Hey guys, I'm going to end this game. Been really bogged down by stressful poo poo IRL, and honestly I'm not sure if PbP agrees with me - though I don't for a second blame any of you for this, the fact that we've played for multiple months and still not passed the first day really takes a hammer to my enthusiasm for the future. If I run MH again once I've got all my IRL poo poo dealt with, it'll probably be over IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Thank you for the great game and my verbose assault on the thread. I hope we can return to it! I hope everything goes out well to you and your family.

• Locked thread