Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Mortimer posted:

it strayed from the space-horror genre introduced by the first two games, didn't have the appeal other obsidian games have, and is generally outclassed by the xbox 360 controller. it has won a lot of world rally championships, though.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mortimer posted:

it strayed from the space-horror genre introduced by the first two games, didn't have the appeal other obsidian games have, and is generally outclassed by the xbox 360 controller. it has won a lot of world rally championships, though.
gently caress off troll. Dark Souls 3 hasn't been even announced yet.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

gently caress off troll. Dark Souls 3 hasn't been even announced yet.

The real question is will fans of Dark Souls 1 or Dark Souls 2 enjoy Dark Souls 3 more when it gets released?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Considering I'm someone who enjoyed the hell out of Resident Evil 6's Mercenaries mode, while enjoying RE5 Mercs and RE:R Raid Mode a bit less due to the tank controls, is there any other third/first person co-op score attack game out there on Steam? Customization would be nice, but whatever.

Mortimer posted:

:thurman:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Planet 2. Never played 3, but Lost Planet 2 is the most baller co-op game ever made.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Nevett posted:

Hm. I'm getting lots of friend requests all of a sudden from random looking level 1 accounts. I've ignored them all but I can't work out what they're interested in.

I have nothing in my inventory of note.

The only thing I can think of is that I installed the Steam inventory helper Chrome extension linked earlier in the thread and used it to bulk sell 90 near-worthless cards. Has that somehow put me on a list for phishing bots or something?

I dont think its that chrome extension, because I havent used it and i keep getting these same kind of friend requests, 1-2 a day or the past few, all accounts with just 1 game, East India Trading or whatever.

I cant figure out why either. My profile is public but my inventory is friends only. The only things I can think of is that I use enhanced steam and recently used idle master, but I doubt its either of them.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Drifter posted:

The real question is will fans of Dark Souls 1 or Dark Souls 2 enjoy Dark Souls 3 more when it gets released?
I didn't like either *gets crucified*.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

I dont think its that chrome extension, because I havent used it and i keep getting these same kind of friend requests, 1-2 a day or the past few, all accounts with just 1 game, East India Trading or whatever.

I cant figure out why either. My profile is public but my inventory is friends only. The only things I can think of is that I use enhanced steam and recently used idle master, but I doubt its either of them.

Posted on tf2outpost /dota2lounge /csgolounge? That's where most spam/ phishing comes from.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ddraig posted:

Lost Planet 2. Never played 3, but Lost Planet 2 is the most baller co-op game ever made.

Why is Lost Planet 1 and 3 part of the weekly sale but not 2. :(

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Palpek posted:

Welp, it was nice having you on my friendlist. :argh:

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
There doesn't seem to be a Postal 2 thread and the game just went on the market in steam so I thought I'd ask.
I have the fabled zombie launcher, which is just way to much fun. The thing I'm looking for is a throwable like the cowhead that turns people into zombies.

(http://en.postalsite.info/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=118 <- fabled zombie launcher for AWP)

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 12, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Holy gently caress the Bob Barbos fight from DMC is amazing. The visuals, the soundtrack, the sheer absurdity - for a glorious few minutes it was as if Saints Row had become an action brawler. :allears:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Palpek posted:

I'm not a big Dark Souls fan either. The whole bonfire checkpoint thing doesn't jive with me. Solidarity.

:frogc00l::respek::frogc00l:

gently caress blighttown

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Wallace and Gromit was sadly removed from Steam last year or so.

was it that bad? I never redeemed any of the telltale bundle games

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Anyone interested in Dungeon Siege III that doesn't have I or II should wait until Dungeon Siege Complete goes on sale again. It would be $5 at the most for all three games and an expansion for III, and I'm pretty sure it's been less than that.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Mortimer posted:

Now do AC! :neckbeard:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

:butt::respek::butt:

I didn't even bother with 2.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hey I heard it's Steam's birthday or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uCS37w8Qk

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

I sure am glad Michael J Fox was there to record the moment.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

D'awww :3: I really can't hate on that, even if her brothers are kinda annoying trying to correct her.

Bitchin' wallpaper & mousepad, though.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

God I'm almost tempted to buy that to witness the unmitigated disaster.

And that's the thing that keeps DSmart producing such singular works. I mean, you have to look pretty hard to find animation like that, although I think that you have to have a PEGI 18 if one of your troops actually injects poo poo into his neck.

I'm thoroughly stoked for what will be an adequate entrant into the world of games.

(This post features actual words)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Palpek posted:

She has cool brothers.

Her brothers just also happen to be embarassing PC master race redditors.

Her brothers are the opposite of cool.

my cold black heart refuses to melt

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Am I missing something? Looks to be just mount and blade and warband is $7?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Harminoff posted:

Ohhh, was that a pricing error?

drat, sucks if you didn't get to it in time. :(

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Posted on tf2outpost /dota2lounge /csgolounge? That's where most spam/ phishing comes from.

nope/nope/nope!

:iiam:

I have played quite a bit of cs:go recently though, so I suppose that might be it somehow.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sober posted:

She has cool brothers.

Her brothers just also happen to be embarassing PC master race redditors.

Her brothers are the opposite of cool.

my cold black heart refuses to melt
The constant Gaben background images kinda made up for it though. :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Harminoff posted:

im pretty sure it was warband so that must have been an error and they changed it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

And that's the thing that keeps DSmart producing such singular works. I mean, you have to look pretty hard to find animation like that, although I think that you have to have a PEGI 18 if one of your troops actually injects poo poo into his neck.

I'm thoroughly stoked for what will be an adequate entrant into the world of games.

(This post features actual words)

Dsmart still being a Dbag:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I picked up Injustice on Humble for $10 and am surprised how much I'm loving it so far. The story is actually pretty good and it feels a lot like MK9 (obviously). It does demonstrate quite well how little I know about the DC universe, however. I have no idea who the gently caress half of these people are.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

explosivo posted:

I picked up Injustice on Humble for $10 and am surprised how much I'm loving it so far. The story is actually pretty good and it feels a lot like MK9 (obviously). It does demonstrate quite well how little I know about the DC universe, however. I have no idea who the gently caress half of these people are.

that's batman and the joker

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Awesome! posted:

that's batman and the joker

OH okay thanks.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did they ever fix the online flat out not working? Nether Realms is such a lovely loving developer since they broke MK9 for a long rear end time too.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

ArfJason posted:

was it that bad? I never redeemed any of the telltale bundle games

I liked Wallace and gromit. Very faithful to the old claymations with similar humor and style. The point and click stuff was fine but I was mostly playing out of nostalgia which was great

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ahahaha, holy poo poo: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310110691

The author really doesn't understand how anyone could ever be offended by this.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

What Wallace and Gromit nailed was the animation. It was really impressive how realistically they emulated the micro-jittering of traditional claymation in the game.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I'm sorry, if you are going to "play history" at least approach it with some more gravitas than that. Yeah, I loving understand that slave ships literally packed in black slaves in as tight as they possibly could before sailing off to the new world but do you literally have to make a tetris game out of it? :wtc:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hahaha holy poo poo

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Ahahaha, holy poo poo: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310110691

quote:

I think that underlying this discussion is a huge discussion about what racism/political correctness is, and this is probably the reason why more the once Denmark (and other Nordic Countries) get some unwanted attention . I won't mention drawings and newspapers in more detail.
I have worked quite a lot with foreigners and they have quite a hard time coming to grasp with how things are portrayed in Denmark.I remember a lot of discussions especially with a quite outspoken feminist US researcher that lived here for a number of years. What she saw as racism was extremely broad compared to Danish standards. I am not sure this is the forum for this. But again please do play the demo to make your your mind - it is brower-based and takes quite short time.
Honestly, for the last years this game has been out, and showed to intelligent researchers and teachers (and students) by the thousands nobody has ever pointed to its problematic nature - expect when I put it on Steam...

See Americans? It's your overly broad view of racism that's at fault here. You're the racists.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

See Americans? It's your overly broad view of racism that's at fault here. You're the racists.

Hah. That reminds me of one European here on SA that claimed in a thread that America was more racist and unironically next said something like "if immigrants [brown people] would just conform to the local culture here, we would have no problems with them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Why is Bad Rat riding a dragon?

• Locked thread