Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

That drat Satyr posted:

I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but a friend of mine was saying how one contestant was kicked off or something before this even started for trying to bring a cellphone to "look up other contestants on the internet" or some such. True story or no?

Yeah, she was kicked off before the feeds even started for trying to contact the other contestants while in sequester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

That drat Satyr posted:

I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but a friend of mine was saying how one contestant was kicked off or something before this even started for trying to bring a cellphone to "look up other contestants on the internet" or some such. True story or no?
True story.

Her name is Andrea Cox, a vegan chef with ridiculously huge fake cans.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Hex and/or Red probably would have murdered her so it's for the best.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Jesus loving christ what a dumb argument. You're going to be here a year (in theory), is it that big a deal if you get two more bananas tomorrow? Were you going to eat 6 bananas tonight?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I understand the reasoning, but I'm still kinda surprised by the amount of self-censorship and actual censorship involved in the live feed.

Bleeping Sloshy joshy as he was about to finish the second bar of "all the single ladies" while putting away the chickens to avoid paying royalties was really funny though.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The livestream censoring is kind of hilarious because they fail to censor the language on the free streams no matter how hard they try and they can't really account for things like Bella doing naked gardening at random times. I get that some of it is necessary for copyright and trademark purposes but stop trying to make internet webcams FCC-friendly.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

hcreight posted:

The livestream censoring is kind of hilarious because they fail to censor the language on the free streams no matter how hard they try and they can't really account for things like Bella doing naked gardening at random times. I get that some of it is necessary for copyright and trademark purposes but stop trying to make internet webcams FCC-friendly.

Haha yep, several times I've heard bri or mike be all fuucc***** **at and the censor whiffed that one and the immediate gently caress and poo poo right after.

Would it be hard to maintain some sort of five second delay if they really wanted to censor that hard?

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

On stream they're just chilling and having fun. Wonder what the epiode will be about.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hardawn posted:

Would it be hard to maintain some sort of five second delay if they really wanted to censor that hard?
The feeds are all ready on a delay... 10 minutes to be exact.
Only the 360 degree cam gimmick that is $5.oo/month is the closest to real time but that cam has no audio.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
If this show was just about Josh hanging out with chickens, it'd be the best thing on television.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This show is loving hilarious. They literally didn't pick one person who isn't completely insufferable.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This show is awful/great.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Last night's broadcast dropped even more in the ratings to a 0.7, it lost to a rerun of Tim Allen's show Last Man Standing on ABC.

FOX has a $50mil Titanic on it's hands.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As long as Red and Dave keep throwing baffling tantrums I'll keep watching it.

E: Also the cherry on top of everything is the host. How in the world did this steampunk fedora clown land a job on network television?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 13, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

A drop isn't exactly shocking for a Friday. Next Tuesday will give a better indication of exactly how screwed the show is.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

They've increased the ads on the stream like 1000% :(.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW-p8s_HCCo&t=48s

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Red went hunting and brought back a deer on the livestream and of course Bella loving lost it. She claims she's lived off of dandelions, grass, and fruit before. How has she not died of protein deficiency?

hcreight fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 13, 2014

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Bella is the worst person there by far.

Oh man everything she says is the worst.

"If we buy organic food you only need to eat 1/4th as much, because of the nutrients"

Nikki is obnoxious too.

Fooz fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 13, 2014

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

hcreight posted:

Red went hunting and brought back a deer on the livestream and of course Bella loving lost it.
Cue PETA rage in 3... 2...

asylum years
Feb 27, 2009

you knew i was a rattlesnake when you picked me up

hcreight posted:

She claims she's lived off of dandelions, grass, and fruit before. How has she not died of protein deficiency?

Because she's a liar. She's a real estate marketer; I imagine she lives a 99% normal lady life and is just active on prepper forums or something, maybe makes the occasional weekend YouTube video.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fooz posted:

Nikki is obnoxious too.

It's "Doctor Nikki"

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

NESguerilla posted:

It's "Doctor Nikki"

But not a real doctor right? The kind that fucks around with crystals and chakras and poo poo.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

But not a real doctor right? The kind that fucks around with crystals and chakras and poo poo.

According to her website she got her Medical Degree from NYU.

Her ranting about gluten earlier didn't leave me with the best impression though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I assumed she didn't have any sort of degree.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

hcreight posted:

Red went hunting and brought back a deer on the livestream and of course Bella loving lost it. She claims she's lived off of dandelions, grass, and fruit before. How has she not died of protein deficiency?

To go with their ramen or something? One minute these people are all about not cooking over a fire and needing to order all of their food, and now they're killing a deer. I'm a little confused.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The ramen is something they just seem to cook throughout the day for snacks and lunches. One of them is a chef and cooks full meals, especially at dinner. Hex and Red both hunt so they're not gonna turn away free meat. Most of their food comes from a delivery service, though.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

hcreight posted:

According to her website she got her Medical Degree from NYU.

Her ranting about gluten earlier didn't leave me with the best impression though.

Weird, I could have sworn they said she was a holistic healer.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Robnoxious posted:

True story.

Her name is Andrea Cox, a vegan chef with ridiculously huge fake cans.

I guess she isn't completely opposed to putting inorganic things in her body.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Your fallen angel D, Dave
xo xo xo x

e:

NESguerilla posted:

Also the cherry on top of everything is the host. How in the world did this steampunk fedora clown land a job on network television?
He's the guy that draws the Bizarro comic....so, yeah, I guess that at least explains the steampunk fedora look. As for being a tv host :shrug:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 14, 2014

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Weird, I could have sworn they said she was a holistic healer.

They did.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I pulled the trigger on premium, definitely a lot of machine press flesh on flesh noises from the bushes last night, *under the pomegranate tree*

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

hcreight posted:

A drop isn't exactly shocking for a Friday. Next Tuesday will give a better indication of exactly how screwed the show is.

The EP of the show said, AMAZING #Utopia news. Tuesday's show up 56% in the live+3 rating to a 1.4. VERY good sign. Live+3 is one of the most important metrics in TV

So that some kind of news

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hardawn posted:

The EP of the show said, AMAZING #Utopia news. Tuesday's show up 56% in the live+3 rating to a 1.4. VERY good sign. Live+3 is one of the most important metrics in TV
That's just television producer parlor tricks to soften the fact that Utopia has dismal ratings.
FOX doesn't give a poo poo about Live+3 DVR ratings because those who watch via DVR skip the ad breaks.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Robnoxious posted:

That's just television producer parlor tricks to soften the fact that Utopia has dismal ratings.
FOX doesn't give a poo poo about Live+3 DVR ratings because those who watch via DVR skip the ad breaks.

The important metric is Commerical Live+3 DVR rating, but that's almost never reported because Live+3 DVR is higher and therefore more press release friendly.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Oh man... they're having a meeting now where they're talking about experimenting with different kinds of government, including dictatorships. This is going to be a glorious trainwreck.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Furher Bella.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Kiflom!

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

They will each have 3 days to implement whatever government they want. The order is: Hex, Bri, Kristen, Josh, Amanda, Mike, Chris, Rob, Bella, Dedeker, Red, Aaron, Nikki and the last one is Taylor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Aaron is a loving relentless poo poo talker.

• Locked thread