Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Prison Break also has cooler lore than Souls games. Talk about that.

:p

Plus every other guy is Uncle Ruckus. From Software missed a big opportunity with not having Uncle Ruckus voice MOST REFINED BIG BUTT ASYLUM DEMON at the beginning of DS1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What in the flying gently caress, was there ALWAYS a path to whatever is in his cell room or did he just dig out a perfect hole in like 2 days.

edit: Literally a sequence where he gets caught because he's behind a fenced, open wall but because he LEANED against it, that makes him invisible???

Tae fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 10, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PAT'S NOT DOWN WITH THE RAT

I probably murdered him at some point with my elephant buddies.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Genetic Toaster posted:

why do souls players get so buttmad over the "laser beam" duke's dear freja shoots when it's blatantly supposed to be, like, spider-web silk.

It IS a laser, it's supposed to be a reference to Seath's laser from DS1.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Genetic Toaster posted:

why do souls players get so buttmad over the "laser beam" duke's dear freja shoots when it's blatantly supposed to be, like, spider-web silk.

Also the Prison Break LP is loving fantastic and I am glad they're finally playing the whole game. But when's Marlowe?

It is a laser, as above, but Pat is literally the first person I've ever heard get mad about it being dumb.

Why do people refer to single people as 'souls players', as in all of them, now?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Since the internet was born, the super vocal minority that represents like 1% of people are now the 100% for everyone else. I can literally declare war on Nigeria and there will be I'm sure tons of people that will say Asians hate black people and want them exterminated.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So is Pat waiting for the series to finish or for the novels to finish?

Because I've got 20-to-1 odds on GRRM biting it before book 7 comes out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So is Pat waiting for the series to finish or for the novels to finish?

Because I've got 20-to-1 odds on GRRM biting it before book 7 comes out.

Please, he's not making it to book 6.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
At this point I half-expect GRRM to declare ADwD non-canonical just to prove he can write even less than everyone thinks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Chrispurple posted:

At this point I half-expect GRRM to declare ADwD non-canonical just to prove he can write even less than everyone thinks.

As someone who read ADwD that might actually improve the overall story.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So Matt, Prison Break Versus Mode for this Friday's Fisticuffs?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

So Matt, Prison Break Versus Mode for this Friday's Fisticuffs?

Shut the hell up, that's not real. Right?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

Shut the hell up, that's not real. Right?

Oh it's real.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the best LP.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
YOU DID IT PAT! YOU BEAT PRISON!

ALL OF THEM! EVEN THE MEXICAN ONE!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, I thought the boss had some story thing in the tv series and then Matt says he's an original character. What's the point then?!

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I don't understand the story of prison break at all

Remf
Jun 28, 2008

REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.

straight jerkers posted:

I don't understand the story of prison break at all

I watched all of Prison Break and I agree.

I think by the final season all of the escapees became a heist team working for the evil organisation to steal a magic super hard drive that had a cure for cancer on it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Who is the shadow organization

who the gently caress is the boss especially if he's an original character

why is burrows important to not let escape, but then later kill even though you were told not to kill him earlier

Why did the guy that got his throat slashed offscreen come back randomly

why did your original game boss go to jail with the guy that got his throat slashed

seriously, who the gently caress is burrows

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Who is the shadow organization

who the gently caress is the boss especially if he's an original character

why is burrows important to not let escape, but then later kill even though you were told not to kill him earlier

Why did the guy that got his throat slashed offscreen come back randomly

why did your original game boss go to jail with the guy that got his throat slashed

seriously, who the gently caress is burrows
Basically the illuminati.

A crooked cop with SHADY MOB DEALINGS in the past that seem to involve selling out Slitthroat McBadVoiceDirection.

Because Burrows Knows Too Much, but he tries to take the subtle approach at first.

A character from the show where this was presumably an important plot arc.

To kill Burrows (and you!) himself because Conspiracies.

Some dude who's dad works at Nintendo and was responsible for the Smash Bros. leaks.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Holy poo poo, I've never seen the battle mode in Sonic 06 before. It's the most perfect thing that I could have imagined!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It just occurred to me that Prison Break was 100%, completely, totally, absolutely linear. There are no optional things to do. There are no collectibles to collect. There are no unlockables. It's just one single non-back-track-able area after another.

edit: Re: Ed Boon's time travel powers, it's actually a secret voodoo curse that allows him to jump between universes and steal video game ideas with the 'monkey paw'-esque side effect being his gigantic eyebrows.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 11, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why would you cut the reaction to them realizing they have to do the Sonic part all over again if they die as tails???

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It just occurred to me that Prison Break was 100%, completely, totally, absolutely linear. There are no optional things to do. There are no collectibles to collect. There are no unlockables. It's just one single non-back-track-able area after another.

Tattoos though. Totally an optional sidequest. Yep.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I'd noticed that too. What's even more amazing is that the game was designed like this despite the fact that rigid linearity is the kiss of death in stealth games. I mean, when you're playing Dishonored or Hitman or the first three Thief games, the fun of them is in being put in an environment, discovering the features and systems within it, then subverting them to your advantage. Depending on the paths you take and the tools you have, the same level can give you any number of different experiences. In Prison Break, there's no alternate paths, no user-controlled toolkit, and barely any environmental features to use. All you can do is play peek-a-boo with a shoddy AI for five hours. You can't even throw pennies to distract guards!

Also, I know Pat was bitching about how if Paxton had some sort of blackjack/shiv the game would be trivially easy, but that mechanic wouldn't work given the context of the setting. In most stealth games you can do whatever you want in a level and just gently caress off scot-free at the end, but here you spend the entire game in a prison, a closed environment designed to keep an eye on dangerous people. If Paxton starts killing (or knocking out, even) guards and janitors, the warden can lock the whole place down, pretty much ending the game. 'Course, Pat's still right about the game's mechanics being the worst.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

DOUBLE REPPUKEN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if you love third strike so much why didn't you use p groove :colbert:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So is this annoying rear end Boo Bunny Plague commercial a promotion with Blip, or does the Zaibatsu have horrible taste in sponsors

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Spiritus Nox posted:

So is this annoying rear end Boo Bunny Plague commercial a promotion with Blip, or does the Zaibatsu have horrible taste in sponsors

Maybe all their moms accidentally gave them life, and from that point on it was quite alright, and that's why they have a certain fondness for that ad?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt, someone posted about the Broteam fiasco over in the GB thread, and it made me wonder about your dealings with Machinima. I've known Machinima is a poo poo company for a while now, but I'd love to hear about how you and the others have dealt with them. Are you still affiliated with them, and are things going smoothly, it sounds from the Broteam guy that things are getting increasingly rocky for a lot of Machinima affiliates. I dunno if this would be better suited to being emailed in to the SBFC so everyone could voice their thoughts and experiences.

To me it looks like the Super Best Friends website is your attempt to move away from Machinima entirely, but I'm wagering that's not something you can outright confirm.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Machinima also hosed over Ross Scott, creator of Freeman's Mind several times over his stay at their offices (this post is also worth a read because it's entertaining and informative; edutainment!). Please don't affiliate with Machinima if you make internet videos, the views are not worth the hassle :(

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Matt, someone posted about the Broteam fiasco over in the GB thread, and it made me wonder about your dealings with Machinima. I've known Machinima is a poo poo company for a while now, but I'd love to hear about how you and the others have dealt with them. Are you still affiliated with them, and are things going smoothly, it sounds from the Broteam guy that things are getting increasingly rocky for a lot of Machinima affiliates. I dunno if this would be better suited to being emailed in to the SBFC so everyone could voice their thoughts and experiences.

To me it looks like the Super Best Friends website is your attempt to move away from Machinima entirely, but I'm wagering that's not something you can outright confirm.

At Pax they were part of Machinima's booth, and they should be starting a new Machinima season soon. Either they still like working with them, or they're just going through with their contract and not causing a stink until they're out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It could also be they signed a different contract, or canadians get special outs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tae posted:

It could also be they signed a different contract, or canadians get special outs.

Broteam is Canadian as well.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
So I presume Woolie's uneasiness with multiple faces in one area would be from watching Reboot as a kid? Hexadecimal was a bit creepy and frightening when I was like 6.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...So, why are Woolie and Pat so adamantly against rebooting and fixing the drat skybox in Drangleic Castle?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

...So, why are Woolie and Pat so adamantly against rebooting and fixing the drat skybox in Drangleic Castle?

Woolie is for it and kept suggesting it, Pat's the one that's against it. And it's the PC Version, that poo poo takes like 5 seconds to completely reboot.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Huh. Weird. Hopefully they get around to it before they hit that outdoor boss, at any rate.

Also, I don't want to start a lengthy Dark Souls derail, but I really enjoyed Nashandra's role in the DS2's story. Just the way you show up at the hollowed-out Drangleic Castle and immediately start hearing about Nashandra and immediately start being given lots of reason to think she's bad news, but no explicit evidence as to why. I dunno, it just did a really good job of evoking this vague but powerful sense of unease about her character with me, and I enjoy the little bits of plot the game does give you or leave for you to find about her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think anyone really complains about Nasshandra the Lore character. She's just a really lovely, easy final boss which is basically a theme in the Souls game at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tae posted:

I don't think anyone really complains about Nasshandra the Lore character. She's just a really lovely, easy final boss which is basically a theme in the Souls game at this point.

Oh yeah, she's one of the easier bosses in the game, but her music's neat and the hints leading up to the ending of exactly what she wants and what's going on are really fascinating and spooky, and if we can forgive Gwyn on the same grounds than I can do the same for her.