Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

bowmore posted:

The weather has been so goooood

Weather here is like 100 degrees with 70% humidity. I thought California was better than Florida. I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

Pretty good, yourself?

It's going great. Can't complain at all

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Confirmed. My flavor role is proof that Terminator: Salvation is literally the worst movie ever.

Also, ##forage.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##forage

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

This is a hell of a player list, I feel like I might be out of my weight class.

kilran always puts together great player lists for games. This one's no exception.

QuoProQuid posted:

This game is going to get really confusing for the both of us.

The username thing doesn't help much either.

An easy solution would be to turbo one of you and remove the potential confusion...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

##forage

I can't believe I was faster than an Australian to hoard FUEL in a post-apocalyptic wasteland...

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Psssst Juanito has yet to confirm... Day One hasn't started yet

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

kilran posted:

Psssst Juanito has yet to confirm... Day One hasn't started yet

Juanito says he's confirmed. You can trust me.

##forage

C'mon, I need my FUEL, kilran!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Before we start foraging for real, I have a role that deals with that mechanic that we should talk about. Just waiting till day start to claim

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Magnus Gallant posted:

Before we start foraging for real, I have a role that deals with that mechanic that we should talk about. Just waiting till day start to claim

What changes when the day starts?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Sorry for not confirming. Thread was closed when I'd checked and then I forgot.

Confirmed!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Byers2142 posted:

I can't believe I was faster than an Australian to hoard FUEL in a post-apocalyptic wasteland...
It's just so expensive nowadays the last thing I want to do is think about it

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

Then game is actually going on and everyone is here.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Magnus Gallant posted:

Then game is actually going on and everyone is here.

Except if it involves the fuel, there's going to be a mad rush to claim it before you get the chance to explain why you need it, or why you had to claim before Day 1.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

These are dark things we must discuss, and are safer talked of in the light.

Magnus, I do very good things if I have FUEL, so I'm inclined to forage fast and furious every day. If you have a reason for me to hold back, you should probably share now, because otherwise there's little that can stop from getting my precious FUEL.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't actually need it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
But I'd rather have a choice of who gets it than letting people just take it

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Ok I have the ability to add another fuel to the pile every day. The only drawback is, if I do that then I have to use a dayvig on that day, and only on one of the people who forage for the fuel.

So I propose that we make use of my extra fuel by choosing only scummy people to collect the fuel. Those people then give the fuel to the people who need it (byers says he needs it so give it to him) anyone that doesn't follow along with that plan I can immediately vig. If everyone follows the plan then we use my vig as an extra lynch and I vig a person that we agree to.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

But I'd rather have a choice of who gets it than letting people just take it

Short of mass claiming, there's no way to be fair about it and I don't see many roles that would trump my own in need.

FUEL has the electrolytes Byers craves!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

Ok I have the ability to add another fuel to the pile every day. The only drawback is, if I do that then I have to use a dayvig on that day, and only on one of the people who forage for the fuel.

So I propose that we make use of my extra fuel by choosing only scummy people to collect the fuel. Those people then give the fuel to the people who need it (byers says he needs it so give it to him) anyone that doesn't follow along with that plan I can immediately vig. If everyone follows the plan then we use my vig as an extra lynch and I vig a person that we agree to.

Does your dayvig end the day? How would we know who did and didn't give the fuel?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man this is getting complicated already

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

Oh man this is getting complicated already

Trust in Terry Crews, and all will end well.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Does your dayvig end the day? How would we know who did and didn't give the fuel?

I would assume the person receiving the fuel would get a PM saying they received fuel.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Do you got all the cheeseburgers?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I am a vegetarian. I only eat berries and roots. There haven't been cows around here since the terminators started exterminating

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Magnus Gallant posted:

I would assume the person receiving the fuel would get a PM saying they received fuel.

What if the person who receives the fuel lies, throwing suspicion onto the sender? What if there are abilities that block oil transactions? What if a player is unwilling to send oil because of an ability they have?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

I am a vegetarian. I only eat berries and roots. There haven't been cows around here since the terminators started exterminating
I was talking to Mr. Crews

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

So in your plan, one and only one person gives to another, right?

I don't like it. Unless we're FUEL-short, I think avoiding the dayvig early is better. Especially since D1 it's a shot in the dark. Maybe on subsequent days we can go with it, but D1 in particular feels wrong in my gut.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll let you guys figure out the fuel and I'll hunt scum

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

What if the person who receives the fuel lies, throwing suspicion onto the sender? What if there are abilities that block oil transactions? What if a player is unwilling to send oil because of an ability they have?

I need FUEL, but if that makes me a dayvig target I'm hesitant to take FUEL personally. I imagine others are in the same boat. If there's a lie, it's a chain lynch I guess when the sendee flips town? The FUEL interceptor or blockader is a good question.

bowmore posted:

I'll let you guys figure out the fuel and I'll hunt scum

Do you like dogs?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love dogs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They taste delicious

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

I love dogs

That's...

bowmore posted:

They taste delicious

... appalling.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Heh heh heh

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I just feel like it's in everyone's best interest to have as much fuel out there as possible. The only way I can add fuel to the mix is to also vig. I'm assuming the reason my role works this way is to balance out the pro-town fuel-adding with an anti-town vig. BUT a vig doesn't have to be anti-town if we play this right,

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What's a dog? Is it anything like a rat?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I just feel like it's in everyone's best interest to have as much fuel out there as possible. The only way I can add fuel to the mix is to also vig. I'm assuming the reason my role works this way is to balance out the pro-town fuel-adding with an anti-town vig. BUT a vig doesn't have to be anti-town if we play this right,

I just don't see how we have the information D1 to play it right. Your vig will only hit people willing to forage and pass that on to others. That's likely to be town, or people forced into it by the thread. People forced would be the people usually lynched D1, and that's usually not the scum. Ergo, D1 you're much, much more likely to hit town with your vig.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's a dog? Is it anything like a rat?

I'm surrounded by awful human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Good morning folks. The fuel question is very interesting! I really don't have any need for fuel myself, but should I put myself on the line in order to open the pool for the dayvig? It's an interesting conundrum.

• Locked thread