Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

proof of concept posted:

this is the first disney show I've liked since probably ducktales and I don't otherwise keep up with the collectible vinyl toy scene in any larger sense. Still, it's pretty amazing they've decided to shoehorn all of their characters onto the mickey mouse template. Amazing in the sense that it's stupid and bad
I shudder to think what the 'Cars' figures must look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Or a kid-friendly version of Rick and Morty.

I felt my brain try to escape when I read this.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

WrathOfBlade posted:

I shudder to think what the 'Cars' figures must look like

A biscotti

Chard posted:

I felt my brain try to escape when I read this.

Rick and Morty is a kid friendly Doc and Mharti

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TwoPair you are awesome :toot: Let me know if you want a cert or something.

Also chard your av owns a ton (as does that video)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

TwoPair you are awesome :toot: Let me know if you want a cert or something.

Nah it's fine, that one didn't take too much time to make/clean up.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Hey, there is a new trailer for the next episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7I4mn2xo5U

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

BigRed0427 posted:

Hey, there is a new trailer for the next episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7I4mn2xo5U

Your face is good! I'm a Soos!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Why can't it be the 22nd already? :negative:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Episode 5: Zero G
release date: September 29th

:v:

:suicide:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Reminder:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
The arcade in that trailer has Fight Fighters!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Are we expecting that it's a different arcade from the one they visited in Fight Fighters? Gravity Falls doesn't seem like a big enough town to have two arcades.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Theory: Based on the trailer, it's gonna be an episode about trying to find Soos a girlfriend either as a result of or resulting in the playing of the Dating Sim.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Some Numbers posted:

Are we expecting that it's a different arcade from the one they visited in Fight Fighters? Gravity Falls doesn't seem like a big enough town to have two arcades.

Based on the trailer, this is the Chuck-E-Cheese type place we saw in the original S2 trailer from SDCC. Soos takes a girl on a date to Chuck-E-Cheese. Sounds legit.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Just remember

This is a kid's show
This is a kid's show
This is a kid's show

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Just remember

This is a kid's show
This is a kid's show
This is a kid's show

Making fun of anime dating games is an activity fit for all ages, I see no problem here?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is Paul Robertson doing the animation for the dating sim?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Is Paul Robertson doing the animation for the dating sim?

Yeah, he's got something on his tumbler about it.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I'm glad the pre-zoom freakout loops so well with the googly-eyes. I gotta learn gifs better so I can make avatars someday.

HEY GUESS WHAT I LEARNED TO DO. Sorta. The one with the zoom-in was too tough for me to get below file size limits.

But hey, this one looks OK. I don't plan on switching titles anytime soon, so anyone can have at it.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Some Numbers posted:

They might retroactively turn that arcade into this one, or I guess it could be an addition to the mini-golf course. It's funny how many things this supposedly small town has, such as a Civic Center that a national act performs at, but y'know, plot convenience and all.

I guess you could say the map we're familiar with where the Shack is located, is the old part of town along with town square, and down the road is where most of the establishments are, including the Northwest mansion.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Xelkelvos posted:

Theory: Based on the trailer, it's gonna be an episode about trying to find Soos a girlfriend either as a result of or resulting in the playing of the Dating Sim.

Apparently Soos needs a date for his cousin's wedding and he uses a dating sim to practice talking to girls.

The animu waifu in the sim is a yandere and when Soos goes to the wedding to meet real girls, poo poo goes down. Basically Fight Fighters Yandere Waifu Championship Edition.

Can't wait.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

then again Rumble McSkirmish actually kicked Dipper's rear end so you never know...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

OmegaBR posted:

They might retroactively turn that arcade into this one, or I guess it could be an addition to the mini-golf course. It's funny how many things this supposedly small town has, such as a Civic Center that a national act performs at, but y'know, plot convenience and all.

I guess you could say the map we're familiar with where the Shack is located, is the old part of town along with town square, and down the road is where most of the establishments are, including the Northwest mansion.

Yeah, you could easily say that the geography adapts to the needs of the plot and skepticism doesn't have much place in a cartoon for kids.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, you could easily say that the geography adapts to the needs of the plot and skepticism doesn't have much place in a cartoon for kids.

Stop belittling my continuity fetish!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Gravity Falls is sister city to Pawnee, IN. (seriously Pawnee has everything for being a backwater Indiana town)

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

pksage posted:

Your face is good! I'm a Soos!

The funniest bit was her just randomly punching some dude in the face when she runs out. Perfect use of unexpected comedic timing.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

pksage posted:

Gravity Falls is sister city to Pawnee, IN. (seriously Pawnee has everything for being a backwater Indiana town)

So you're saying that Ron Swanson's libertarianism is really the most intricate front of all time? Burt Macklin needs to be made aware of this.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shouldn't it be Eerie, IN

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Watch it turn out that one of the secrets of the town is that its geography shifts all the time, without anyone noticing. Like a TARDIS or something.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Solaris Knight posted:

Watch it turn out that one of the secrets of the town is that its geography shifts all the time, without anyone noticing. Like a TARDIS or something.

The twins were dropped off by public bus.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

Making fun of anime dating games is an activity fit for all ages, I see no problem here?

Agreed, you're never too young to start learning about crushing nerds.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Laputanmachine posted:

Apparently Soos needs a date for his cousin's wedding and he uses a dating sim to practice talking to girls.

The animu waifu in the sim is a yandere and when Soos goes to the wedding to meet real girls, poo poo goes down. Basically Fight Fighters Yandere Waifu Championship Edition.

Here's how the episode will play out:

1. Dipper asks Soos if he can fix the laptop again or at least recover the HDD
2. Soos brings it home, learns he needs a date for the wedding
3. Soos either finds the dating sim on F's laptop or on the internet and uses it on his PC to practice
4. After a while -- possibly with a chiptune musical montage -- Soos decides either that he's ready to try on real women or that the AI is creeping him out too much, and he goes out to find a date
5. He scares away a few ladies ("I AM A SOOS"), and the downer part of the episode is Soos thinking he'll be alone forever, and he fixes the laptop to take his mind off of it, putting the dating sim on there in the process
6. Soos takes the laptop to Chuck-E-Cheese-analogue to give to Dipper, where he meets the brunette in the shorts, and they hit it off
7. The AI notices and flies into a jealous yandere rage, somehow jumping from the laptop to the horrible animatronic robots in the Chuck-E-Cheese
8. Big action scene where Soos dramatically saves the brunette from the rampaging AI
9. The episode ends with Dipper finally having the fixed laptop again; Soos says "after seeing me with that lame dating sim, dood, you probably think I'm a real loser", which the brunette laughs off; she says their second date, minus the killer children's mascots, should happen soon

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

HEY GUESS WHAT I LEARNED TO DO. Sorta. The one with the zoom-in was too tough for me to get below file size limits.

But hey, this one looks OK. I don't plan on switching titles anytime soon, so anyone can have at it.

Dibs. Now what to write under it...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GonSmithe posted:

mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mabel's quote about Dipper's angry being funny.

Or mash it up with the quote from the Golf War. "Your angry face is inadvertently adorable!"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Laputanmachine posted:

...waifu... ...yandere...

trap sprung

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GonSmithe posted:

Washing clothes is a waste of time I'm a busy guy!

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
I marathoned all existing episodes last week before starting my new job this week, and holy poo poo, this is already way up on my list of favorite shows. Now I get to feel the pain of waiting forever between episodes with the rest of you!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

pksage posted:

Here's how the episode will play out:

1. Dipper asks Soos if he can fix the laptop again or at least recover the HDD
2. Soos brings it home, learns he needs a date for the wedding
3. Soos either finds the dating sim on F's laptop or on the internet and uses it on his PC to practice
4. After a while -- possibly with a chiptune musical montage -- Soos decides either that he's ready to try on real women or that the AI is creeping him out too much, and he goes out to find a date
5. He scares away a few ladies ("I AM A SOOS"), and the downer part of the episode is Soos thinking he'll be alone forever, and he fixes the laptop to take his mind off of it, putting the dating sim on there in the process
6. Soos takes the laptop to Chuck-E-Cheese-analogue to give to Dipper, where he meets the brunette in the shorts, and they hit it off
7. The AI notices and flies into a jealous yandere rage, somehow jumping from the laptop to the horrible animatronic robots in the Chuck-E-Cheese
8. Big action scene where Soos dramatically saves the brunette from the rampaging AI
9. The episode ends with Dipper finally having the fixed laptop again; Soos says "after seeing me with that lame dating sim, dood, you probably think I'm a real loser", which the brunette laughs off; she says their second date, minus the killer children's mascots, should happen soon

Your anime/Gravity Falls crossover fanfiction is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Suspicious Dish posted:

Your anime/Gravity Falls crossover fanfiction is bad.

It's a bit cliche, but so are many other filler plots. My bet is that he's mostly right.

• Locked thread