Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

what are yall's favorite Andy Daly eps of I4H? I was looking through old episodes for some with him and I wasn't seeing much that stood out. but also I have a bad memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I don't remember how good the entire episode was, but in ep #4 Andy Daly had a referee character that kept recurring in scenes to make rulings on various situations. I remember that being the thing that made I4H click for me.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tnimark posted:

I don't remember how good the entire episode was, but in ep #4 Andy Daly had a referee character that kept recurring in scenes to make rulings on various situations. I remember that being the thing that made I4H click for me.

I'm gonna have to make a ruling on this post; that was definitely a quality character! Fart Scientist was also a good episode from what I remember.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All I remember is Andy Daly selling teeth. I hope another goon will point in the right direction.

EDIT: Toothbrush Tommy...

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

All I remember is Andy Daly selling teeth. I hope another goon will point in the right direction.

EDIT: Toothbrush Tommy...

Oh yeah that one. I didn't want to listen to it because I've already listened to it too many times haha. Same with the live from Riot LA one. I was looking for eps that I hadn't heard in a while so they'd be like new to me. #10 sounds good: Andy Daly, Joe Wengert and Horatio Sanz.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
http://allthingscomedy.com/contents/1511/21-bone-zone-%2356-matt-farley-interview-podcast
It occurred to me yesterday that the toilet song "band" Hayes and Sean have been talking about the last couple weeks is actually this guy. I went back and found this episode of Bone Zone where Brendan and Randy found him and connected the dots that he had thousands of songs out there and got him on for an interview. He has a pretty interesting business model going.

Also if you don't usually listen to Bone Zone give another episode a listen too, usually episodes aren't long interviews like this.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Hahaha, weird, apparently that guy made a couple movies set in my tiny rear end city and performs (performed?) here a bunch. I should go to open mics more often :nyoron:

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Conduit for Sale! posted:

#10 sounds good: Andy Daly, Joe Wengert and Horatio Sanz.
I listened to this last night, and you will not be disappointed. Horatio is in great form.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A while back Horatio Sanz tweeted about some paranormal podcast he was on with Matt Walsh and Rich Fulcher and it's really funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR7eWK5hdRM

You should listen to it but Horatio's character is a parapsychiatrist who swallows 12 inch ghosts

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Less than 3 days to go and Kulap still needs about $24k to get her doc done. I don't see it happening but it wouldn't surprise me if someone swooped in with a big donation.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

The Ape of Naples posted:

Less than 3 days to go and Kulap still needs about $24k to get her doc done. I don't see it happening but it wouldn't surprise me if someone swooped in with a big donation.

It isn't on kickstarter is it? She gets all the money even f they don't hit the goal.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it's flexible funding so she still gets the money they've raised even if they don't reach the goal. I dunno, I'm sure it'll get finished. I was honestly pretty surprised that the post production stuff costs over $100,000 but I guess I don't know anything about that kind of thing

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Kulap: My Story or whatever it's called sounds like a horrible idea for a documentary.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Gosh I hope she some how manages to edit her boring vanity project with only 90,000 dollars instead of 110,000 dollars.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Just think: if she doesn't somehow force one hundred thousand dollars to hop up and down on the keyboard with a Final Cut Pro open we might not get another round of her on every ear wolf pod cast telling her one story when it's released to whatever film festival her successful husband can force it onto.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
i think it sounds like a decently interesting story actually

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

On today's Who Charted they go over a K-Pop music chart featuring a rapper named Bang-Yung Gook. Howard tries to stifle his laughter and you can almost visualize Kulap's disproving stare and head-shake to what is basically her goofy, immature older brother. I love it.

Also, Howard unknowingly insults their guest, a BuzzFeed writer, by saying you can look at 5 ClickHole pages and 5 BuzzFeed pages and not tell the difference. I love it, again. Howard's brain works in Mysterious Ways.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fieryspork posted:

i feel the same way. i have been in the camp of loving UTU2TM? while not caring about/actively disliking the band U2 but i actually really liked the songs they played on the podcast.

I'm pretty indifferent about U2, but ended up listening to the latest episode of UTU2TM just to hear their reaction to the whole iTunes release thing... and then listened to the whole podcast from the start. I'm still pretty indifferent about U2, but I love UTU2TM. The commentary episode was amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

On today's Who Charted they go over a K-Pop music chart featuring a rapper named Bang-Yung Gook. Howard tries to stifle his laughter and you can almost visualize Kulap's disproving stare and head-shake to what is basically her goofy, immature older brother. I love it.

Also, Howard unknowingly insults their guest, a BuzzFeed writer, by saying you can look at 5 ClickHole pages and 5 BuzzFeed pages and not tell the difference. I love it, again. Howard's brain works in Mysterious Ways.
I'll listen to this episode eventually but my first thought was "gently caress buzzfeed gently caress this guy for putting it out in the world."

This is the dude who is Chelsea Peretti's brother right?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's weird listening to that ep because I had a bunch of classes in college with their guest and I'm not accustomed to my real life and podcast life merging. I just noticed he unfriended me on Facebook though, so he totally deserves whatever insensitivity Howard shows him.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

I'll listen to this episode eventually but my first thought was "gently caress buzzfeed gently caress this guy for putting it out in the world."

This is the dude who is Chelsea Peretti's brother right?

Nah. Jonah Peretti, founder of BuzzFeed and eventual billionaire, is her bro. This is Louis Peitzman. He's buddies with lots of people in the LA scene and was a funny guest/is funny on Twitter.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Just think: if she doesn't somehow force one hundred thousand dollars to hop up and down on the keyboard with a Final Cut Pro open we might not get another round of her on every ear wolf pod cast telling her one story when it's released to whatever film festival her successful husband can force it onto.

I feel the same way but at the same time I can't say I wouldn't use every resource available to me if I was trying to get a movie made. All this made me admire Scott even more though, because he (must have, right?) used his clout to help her, but at the same time didn't go anywhere near as crazy as he could have with it. poo poo, Kulap could've been a guest on the TV show pimping this thing if they were shittier people. At least the initial onslaught is over, Earwolf podcasts were downright unbearable for almost 2 weeks.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Volcano is a legit good song on the new U2 album.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/clickholeorbuzzfeed

(Haven't listened, maybe this is what they talked about in the first place)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Howard doesn't waste his time on Reddit, he's too busy laying down some serious pipe.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Gosh I hope she some how manages to edit her boring vanity project with only 90,000 dollars instead of 110,000 dollars.

quote:

Congratulations! You brought the 'Origin Story: A Documentary' team one step further to making their campaign happen!

Here are the details of your contribution:

Contribution Amount: $10

Just for you being a massive dong about something you had to hear about once on a free podcast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

http://www.wnyc.org/story/meet-first-family-podcasting/

Haven't listened to it yet but sounds cool.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Thanks for giving money to a rich woman instead of anything of worth or anyone who needed it, I guess.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Someone has to pay for dog wigs.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Howard doesn't waste his time on Reddit, he's too busy laying down some serious pipe.

God I loved that ep. Working out and laying pipe . I need to get my life in order.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

It's super heavy. The whole point of the podcast is to get deep and uncomfortable, but the host has a real knack for it. It's also only like 20 mins, well worth it for Scott's deep, serious voice.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Thanks for giving money to a rich woman instead of anything of worth or anyone who needed it, I guess.

Not really interested in the documentary but you seem super bummed about this like its a big loving deal.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
quick Kev, just piss him off 3,103 more times and the movie will be totally paid for! Your plan is working perfectly Keven...or should I say Kulap...

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Brock Samson posted:

Just for you being a massive dong about something you had to hear about once on a free podcast.

Not that I disagree with you about the massive dong thing, but I've heard Kulap tell the "he's not even your real dad!" story on at least four different podcasts.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Engineer Cody is the first cross-podcast ongoing story and I'm loving it.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Hahahah

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

soggybagel posted:

Not really interested in the documentary but you seem super bummed about this like its a big loving deal.

The trend of multi-millionaires using crowdfunding to pay for their pet projects is something that it's legit ok to be upset about.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pryor on Fire posted:

The trend of multi-millionaires using crowdfunding to pay for their pet projects is something that it's legit ok to be upset about.

Meh, not really

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Pryor on Fire posted:

I'm sure Scott & Kulap make good money but multi-millionaires? Is there money in their families or is Earwolf really that succesful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Pryor on Fire posted:

In general I agree with you, but I don't think Scotty Aucks is rolling around in a Bentley with all that IFC money. Someone should ask him how much he makes.