Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

she said she doesn't care.
You're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
With the poo poo I have drug home and she's still with me? I'm pretty sure she is ok with automotive ADD.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

BrokenKnucklez posted:

With the poo poo I have drug home and she's still with me? I'm pretty sure she is ok with automotive ADD.

The only old, half-disassembled vehicle in my garage currently is the one my wife made me buy and rebuild for her.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Go figure. My roomie and his girlfriend can afford to buy an Xbone, Destiny, :catdrugs:, and random assorted bullshit, but they're both too broke to buy a bag of cat food for this stray kitten they decided to adopt and bring home :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see how they make an excuse for why they can't afford to get its shots and flea meds!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You clearly stated that they are already buying :catdrugs:, though. :colbert:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

It was slang for herbal supplements good sir.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

T1g4h posted:

It was slang for herbal supplements good sir.
I'd actually find it hilarious if they were trying to get off their tits on random Nobivac products. Going the other way, my dad once had a labrador come in who'd self-medicated after finding his owner's stash. Good times.

Anyway, moving on, can anyone tell me what my options are for a cheap pre-pay phone in the US? Can I just go into Walmart, slap down :20bux: and get a basic handset that uses top-up cards?

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 17, 2014

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

InitialDave posted:

Anyway, moving on, can anyone tell me what my options are for a cheap pre-pay phone in the US? Can I just go into Walmart, slap down :20box: and get a basic handset that uses top-up cards?

Pretty much any store will have pre-paid phones for cheap. Hell I think 7-11 has their own branded pre-paid cells.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

T1g4h posted:

Go figure. My roomie and his girlfriend can afford to buy an Xbone, Destiny, :catdrugs:, and random assorted bullshit, but they're both too broke to buy a bag of cat food for this stray kitten they decided to adopt and bring home :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see how they make an excuse for why they can't afford to get its shots and flea meds!

How old is this roommate? This sort of behavior is pretty much expected from college students because they're idiots, but I'm gonna bet he's a bit older than that?

He or she will steal from you eventually, I've read E/N before.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

How old is this roommate? This sort of behavior is pretty much expected from college students because they're idiots, but I'm gonna bet he's a bit older than that?

He or she will steal from you eventually, I've read E/N before.

Both in their mid 20's, around the 24 - 25 mark. And i'm pretty sure she's swiped money from him before, there have been a few times when he's had cash vanish randomly. I keep anything of value that I own locked up tight and don't leave cash sitting around, thankfully.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got just enough of a trace of antifreeze bittering agent in a brand new bag of gummy bears I had to consider them a loss :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I got just enough of a trace of antifreeze bittering agent in a brand new bag of gummy bears I had to consider them a loss :(

You just now are realizing what they're made out of?

old dexcool sludge

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Not when she is telling you no more cars

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Nodoze posted:

Not when she is telling you no more cars

It's only till we have more space. 2 car garage and a 2 parking spots. We are loaded up right now. After I get a better workspace and well more space I'm free to do more things.

Shoulda pointed out the lack of space in my first post. But I can stuff a dirt bike in which is fine with her.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 18, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cool. Another day of loving around with getting a new phone.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Phone posted:

Cool. Another day of loving around with getting a new phone.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're trying to have a kid?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 239 days!)

So, I just bought ended up with a '96 Explorer. Now what?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sinestro posted:

You're trying to have a kid?

When a man accidentally drops his Nexus 5 onto the pavement, the Google Play Store and UPS driver get together and deliver a new (to me) Nexus 5 the next day. And then when that Nexus 5 keeps on restarting randomly, the Google Play Store and UPS get together and deliver a new (to me) Nexus 5 the next day. And then when th

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Phone posted:

When a man accidentally drops his Nexus 5 onto the pavement, the Google Play Store and UPS driver get together and deliver a new (to me) Nexus 5 the next day. And then when that Nexus 5 keeps on restarting randomly, the Google Play Store and UPS get together and deliver a new (to me) Nexus 5 the next day. And then when th

You need to learn to control your emissions. :v:

I just fixed a Nexus 4 with HOLYFUCKGHOST touches by soldering grounds around the corners and making sure the batteries' foil touched.

Its loving magic.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Viggen posted:

Wait for it to roll over on top of you in a fiery explosion? That's what most of them do. Unless it has a v8 then strip it and make race car. Because race car.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Viggen posted:

Supercharged 5.4. BFG Mud Terrain KM2 tires. :getin:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Viggen posted:

Its loving magic.

I been sittin' down here by the campfire light, searching for the ghost of Steve Jobs.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

some_admin posted:

Corporate standard signature At lots of places includes name, tel, email, cell, snail address etc. just saying.

Mine is seven lines long and I delete it with a vengeance 95% of the time.

My official email is also 43 characters long. Thank God for rogue sysadmins that have made a 16 character unofficial alias.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Viggen posted:

http://pd.warbyparker.com/ is actually pretty accurate as a second opinion. :v:

:stare: That's downright creepy.

But according to that, I was only 0.5mm off. And it's a basic (and relatively weak) rx, so 0.5mm shouldn't hurt anything.

I've been swapping between my sunglasses (which have a 7 year old rx) and these (1 month old rx), so... that might have something to do with it. :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/ctd/4662773594.html

My old pile of British stuff is out haunting me a year later.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
oiii I discovered I'm allergic to a new medication today. I'm itchy.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

CharlesM posted:

oiii I discovered I'm allergic to a new medication today. I'm itchy.

You know those Z-packs that doctors love to prescribe as an antibiotic? Zithromax? Yeah I'm apparently allergic to it. Just hives though. I also break out in hives when I eat a certain type of swiss cheese. I haven't figured it out yet either :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yes, same for me with penicillin, hives, but if you continue to take it you can have a severe reaction. If you avoid it for a very long time you might not react again but if you do it can be worse so be careful.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/4660811241.html

Ridiculous build, $27k deathmachine, riding on $400 chinesium wheels!
I just don't GET some people.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

How the gently caress does that thing even do anything besides turn tires (and knockoff wheels) into smoke? :stare:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
"I don't think the stock spin2000 spins quite as often as I'd like, what can we do to gently caress up the weight distribution even further?"

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Been bugging my bank a couple of weeks asking why I can't use mobile deposit (they don't have a local branch - USAA). Someone finally told me this:

"You've had 15 overdrafts this year alone - based on this, you're not eligible for mobile deposit".

Wait, what? I've had 2 overdrafts in 4 years on this account. I had an account years ago with them that racked up 15 overdrafts in a year, but it was closed (and paid off) 4 1/2 years ago.

They let me do check deposits at UPS Stores, but they put a 6 (working) day hold on those deposits. I can deposit my paychecks in my credit union and transfer them over a lot faster. I get a better APR on savings with USAA, and their online banking is much better.

That old account keeps following me around within their systems - they finally got online bill pay working for me (something I don't use often, but it took them a week and a couple of people to fix once I realized it didn't work), and it's hit or miss (usually miss) as to if I can actually pull up account statements. I downloaded every statement I could tonight, and saw the 2 overdrafts.

First world bank problems. :argh:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

And this is why I don't tend to drink on work nights. Ughghghghghghghgh.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

some texas redneck posted:

Been bugging my bank a couple of weeks asking why I can't use mobile deposit (they don't have a local branch - USAA). Someone finally told me this:

"You've had 15 overdrafts this year alone - based on this, you're not eligible for mobile deposit".

Wait, what? I've had 2 overdrafts in 4 years on this account. I had an account years ago with them that racked up 15 overdrafts in a year, but it was closed (and paid off) 4 1/2 years ago.

They let me do check deposits at UPS Stores, but they put a 6 (working) day hold on those deposits. I can deposit my paychecks in my credit union and transfer them over a lot faster. I get a better APR on savings with USAA, and their online banking is much better.

That old account keeps following me around within their systems - they finally got online bill pay working for me (something I don't use often, but it took them a week and a couple of people to fix once I realized it didn't work), and it's hit or miss (usually miss) as to if I can actually pull up account statements. I downloaded every statement I could tonight, and saw the 2 overdrafts.

First world bank problems. :argh:

Escalate. I don't have nearly the financial issues you have (:glomp:) but USAA has always worked with me.

When you do finally get it you are going to be quite happy.

May I ask why you don't use Direct Deposit?

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 18, 2014

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Clutch and front pads changed. £365.
Not as bad as it could have been but I really, really could have done with that money in my pocket.

Now I'm having to get used to the clutch feeling totally different and brakes that bite a lot harder,

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

T1g4h posted:

Supercharged 5.4. BFG Mud Terrain KM2 tires. :getin:

Signed.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Wait for it to roll over on top of you in a fiery explosion? That's what most of them do. Unless it has a v8 then strip it and make race car. Because race car.

That would be bitterly ironic coincidental.

The good news is that it is a decent build- a little scraped up externally, but has a nice tow package and everything. Now I can tow my cars and soon-to-be-my cars. :toot:

Jebus. If we discount my Ford branded Mazda, the last domestic vehicle I've owned was, uh.. in 1998. My neighbors are gonna poo poo themselves when I show up with a domestic.

:stare: That's downright creepy.

But according to that, I was only 0.5mm off. And it's a basic (and relatively weak) rx, so 0.5mm shouldn't hurt anything.

Yeah, thats not bad. Flipping between them WILL give you headaches. I've kept my old prescriptions because, you know, hoarding and like to see just in case I need them. No loving way can I pass by now without. Can't read the smaller street signs anymore without 'em- not gonna drive that way. :(

Sideline: I love every time PD comes up someone goes all "THEY'RE TRYING TO STEAL YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO!" Uh, no. It is a KNOWN SIZE SO ALGEBRA WORK. Unless webcams can read all generic magnetic strip encodings that don't HAVE to be credit card sized. :v:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 18, 2014

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Beach Bum posted:

Escalate. I don't have nearly the financial issues you have (:glomp:) but USAA has always worked with me.

May I ask why you don't use Direct Deposit?

That's the thing, I finally have my finances in somewhat decent shape (at least, they're not UF levels of bad anymore) - some money in savings, two credit cards that get paid off whenever I get paid (one with USAA, one is a store card). USAA's generally been easy to work with, except on this. They're holding firm on the "15 overdrafts" bit, even though I can't find any evidence of more than two in my statements, and they've never hit this account with a NSF fee. I'd think if I'd overdrawn my account 15 times, I would have been hit with multiple fees.

Employer doesn't offer direct deposit. :(

Viggen posted:

Yeah, thats not bad. Flipping between them WILL give you headaches. I've kept my old prescriptions because, you know, hoarding and like to see just in case I need them. No loving way can I pass by now without. Can't read the smaller street signs anymore without 'em- not gonna drive that way. :(

I couldn't read street signs without glasses when I was 16; my vision certainly hasn't gotten any better in the past 20 years.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 18, 2014

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
I accidentally got offered two job interviews at a career fair but I'm currently waiting on a third company (99% sure they're going to hire me) to get back to me with an offer.

What's the least dickish way I can turn these guys down but not Indiana Jones those bridges behind me?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Employer doesn't offer direct deposit. :(

Is there any other reason than "gently caress you" behind this? Because that's what it sounds like.

(How the hell can some things in the US be allowed to be so backwards?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Uhhh, employers have been required to offer direct deposit for three years now.

• Locked thread