Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Toriko 293

In which Toriko one-shots all the baddies. The fight with Teppei will hopefully get him back to the good side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Welp. I guess the (one-handed) nail punch is complete now. :stare:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Punc posted:

Toriko 293

In which Toriko one-shots all the baddies. The fight with Teppei will hopefully get him back to the good side.

Or Teppei will end up as croutons for air this time. v:v:v

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shugojin posted:

Welp. I guess the (one-handed) nail punch is complete now. :stare:

Hahaha, you think Toriko is gonna stop at Infinite?

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

That was actually everything I possibly hoped it could be.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ArchDemon posted:

That was actually everything I possibly hoped it could be.

Yes. It was over-due. We needed a chapter of the bad guys getting their asses handed to them.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Punc posted:

Toriko 293

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTC72QoifDQ&t=161s

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I had to stop for a few seconds there to let the "Holy poo poo"'s process out of my system. God drat what a chapter, that was almost as satisfying as OP two weeks ago. I love Toriko. (Character and Manga)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
HI WE'RE THE BADGUYS AND WE'RE HERE T- :gibs:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Very good chapter. I appreciate that the author recognized that everyone was carrying their overpowered cure water and just had Teppei shatter it all right off the bat. It's the kind of thing I wish the baddies in DBZ had done with senzu beans, rather than watching the DBZ crew feed magic beans to one another and only accept them when Goku tosses them out because he's an idiot (I'm looking forward to that scene a LOT in DBZ abridged, incidentally).

It'll be nice to see Toriko wrecking poo poo after he got beat down by the horse king, even if the king is admittedly an undefeatable force of nature.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

NowonSA posted:

Very good chapter. I appreciate that the author recognized that everyone was carrying their overpowered cure water and just had Teppei shatter it all right off the bat. It's the kind of thing I wish the baddies in DBZ had done with senzu beans, rather than watching the DBZ crew feed magic beans to one another and only accept them when Goku tosses them out because he's an idiot (I'm looking forward to that scene a LOT in DBZ abridged, incidentally).

It'll be nice to see Toriko wrecking poo poo after he got beat down by the horse king, even if the king is admittedly an undefeatable force of nature.

I get the feeling that our smiling blue friend in Toriko is a shitwrecker even beyond the horse king. I really like the fact that Red and Blue look to be total homies right now and that there's a cool alien angle going on behind the scenes.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I like that Toriko literally has a full-sized restaurant in him apparently.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
All that food has to go somewhere!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

I like that Toriko literally has a full-sized restaurant in him apparently.

And then Toriko's true demons come out.
The Inner Kitchen Staff.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Great chapter. Mostly because there are were bug users like tommyrod. Maybe we'll get more creepy bug mayhem in the future. I'm holding out that tommyrod has a master somewhere in gourmet world that's even creepier and makes even better faces.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also if there's anything to be disappointed at in this chapter is that we didn't see a reaction to the infinite nail punch. I mean, come on, the throw-away scum beast thing from waaay back in the food honor arc got an awesome multipage spread of it receiving the 50+ nail punch.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I loving love the face Shigematsu makes. TIME FOR ME TO GET FREA-:gibs:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And then Toriko's true demons come out.
The Inner Kitchen Staff.

those are actually komatsu's inner demons

Selane
May 19, 2006

Fabricated posted:

Also if there's anything to be disappointed at in this chapter is that we didn't see a reaction to the infinite nail punch. I mean, come on, the throw-away scum beast thing from waaay back in the food honor arc got an awesome multipage spread of it receiving the 50+ nail punch.

Honestly that was one of my favorite scenes out of the whole manga. Just watching that dude bounce around for like six pages or whatever.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So where does Toriko go from here?
He's already turning dudes to paste like all the bigwigs did.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

It stops being dudes and becomes huge gross monsters you can eat.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Eat the universe.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

really piss me off.

Well puppet Teppei is still fine so he's no Midora yet.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jirou literally stunned everyone on the planet momentarily, which is more impressive than disintegrating some Gourmet World level mooks and one semi-notable dude in a second.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Jirou literally stunned everyone on the planet momentarily, which is more impressive than disintegrating some Gourmet World level mooks and one semi-notable dude in a second.

He stunned the planet itself, which is not a big difference, but it does show that the awesome Toriko train still has some way to go before he can reach that level of brokeness.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Apparently Teppi went full on plant mode now? Seems like his whole body is now made of plants, and you just know once his mask gets ripped away you will see more plants. Guess it makes sense, he always fights with plants.

But let's get real here, it's now Teppi vs a pissed off Toriko, plus the rest of the heavenly kings who all can apparently use part of their inner demon now, plus the rest of the strong guys. It's just a matter of how they bad they are going to whoop his rear end and if he can get turned back to good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Teppei will get away or somehow win temporarily because there's that whole gigantic uber-ingredient right there.

You have to figure out what to do with it. The Nitro would probably care about it, and Neo/etc certainly do. What are they gonna do, leave it there? Eat it all? Toriko wants to share it with the world.

So naturally, the bad guys need to get away with it or at least part of it.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Toriko 294!

Ahhh, I was kinda hoping Shigematsu would keep flying around the world eternally, just doing orbit after orbit, occasionally flying over our heroes and their battles from time to time. Maybe that would be too goofy, even for this manga. Anyway, now Toriko begins the quest to give Komatsu a new heart. But Toriko, didn't you know that you've had Komatsu's the whole time?

TNG fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 25, 2014

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

So Toriko just went Gear Third?

At least I'm happy we're moving right onto the next nonsense crazy food miracle, I just hope the escalation continues forever.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So this is going to lead to Komatsu getting Gourmet cells now isn't it?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

mangastream is up for a differently bad translation with better image quality.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mangastream's translation seems really bad now compared to whomever does the other one I see a lot.

Also: Toriko: The Game (sorta; not nearly over the top enough)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Fabricated posted:

Mangastream's translation seems really bad now compared to whomever does the other one I see a lot.

Nice.

I like that your guess last week was pretty much correct, just wrong about what precious object got stolen from the party.

And now Toriko has motherfuckin' Subspace, more commonly known for its embiggening mushrooms and plant coins.

And.... FLOATING HEARTS :stonk:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Toriko's version of an execution is :black101: as gently caress.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Yeah they've been really bad for a while, no one is really clear why. Their only saving grace at this point is good quality images (which sometimes you want in Toriko).

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I think everybody here can appreciate this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trinket/battle-chef-brigade

EDIT: Welp, already a link to it! I'll leave it here anyway.

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 25, 2014

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

So this is going to lead to Komatsu getting Gourmet cells now isn't it?

I thought he already had them? I mean it was implied when the two different methods of getting gourmet cells were shown, and explicitly showed when he finished slicing up Air in an instant as it was about to touch the ground.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

really piss me off.

Whenever Komatsu eventually gets healed, the first thing out of his mouth will be "TORIGO-ZAAAAN" complete with tears.

Not that I have a problem with that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I think everybody here can appreciate this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/trinket/battle-chef-brigade

EDIT: Welp, already a link to it! I'll leave it here anyway.
If they just turned this up past 11 it'd be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I like that we have entered the "to turn our enemies good again we must punch them almost to death" part of the story.

It is a shame though that the only person they've successfully achieved this with was immediately eaten.

• Locked thread