Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White-Devil
Aug 15, 2009
While I like games with tanks I absolutely love games with SWEDISH tanks in them. Nice to see that we'll be using it for a while.

Here's a nice old video showing the effect of various weapons on the 103

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Sylphosaurus posted:

Steambot Chronicles felt somewhat like this as well, even if there was an actual plot that you followed. It's just that it was so much more fun to fart around and enter different tournaments and play the stockmarket. It's a shame that freeform RPG's aren't more popular in Japan since I kind of enjoy japanese developers take on the genre.

Wasn't there a LP of it done a few years ago? I don't remember if it ever got archived though.

It's a shame that there aren't more games like Metal Saga and such. :smith: Open world exploration games are the best.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Wooo! New Page, that means that loading updates won't take that long.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I have been consumed by job hunting; rest assured this isn't dead. I just need some time to settle my life.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Okay. I know how this poo poo can go and how it went with the last game I LP'd, so I am putting a definite date on the update. Sunday, the 12th. Watch this space.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.

Mors Rattus posted:

I have been consumed by job hunting; rest assured this isn't dead. I just need some time to settle my life.

What's up job hunting buddy? :(:hf::(

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Do I set this down as dead?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The next time the 12th of a month falls on a Sunday is April 2015, so technically it's still on schedule.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Steambot Chronicles did get LP'd but it never got archived.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Not dead, just detained. I ended up getting sick last weekend.

I have the recordings for the next update, I just have to parcel it out into screenshots now.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Update Twenty-Three: No, Really, I'm Alive

Okay, uh...it's been a while. Job-hunting, y'know. But I am alive! And now, today, we are heading up from Fort Gears to the Antitank Fort.

Woman: ...You came from below, right? Are you a tank-lover? Not that it's a big deal to me if your are, but... You should be careful not to mention anything about tanks around here...
: ......

That's their typo, not mine, by the way.

: All the people who live here absolutely HATE tanks. That's why they call it the Antitank Fort. It's completely opposite of those people who live below, but whenever the towns are attacked by monsters, they fight together... Well, it's more like them fighting at the same time against a common enemy. And they both think that it was their side that drove back the monsters. So yeah, that's about it. I need to get going, so I'll see you later!

We can poke around in the bar for some people to chat with. No new tunes, though.

Man: Hey, you got it all rear end backwards, kids! We were here first. They're the ones who should move!

Man: It's about hunting monsters with jsut your physical abilities. It's the thrill of the fight! Mano a mano! But, I guess only high-level hunters are strong enough for that.

Man: You're young, but you catch on fast. That's good. You've got a bright future ahead of you, kid!
Man: Y'know, even a weakling can make money if he uses a tank to hunt. But when it comes down to it, you only have yourself to rely on when you're hunting in a lace a tank can't enter. I think any hunter who puts his life in the hands of a loud, hideous-looking, oil-leaking, scrap metal coffin is completely out of his mind!

You know that's right. There's a new outlaw listing for us, too.

Anyway, back to talking to folks.

Boy: What do you do, Mister?
Boy: Huh? You're a hunter? No way! A hunter dresses way cooler than you do. A hunter wears a helmet with horns, and a black t-shirt with a flaming skull and crossbones on it. You dress like a girl scout, Mister.

Well screw you, too, kid. We can loot a Flea Collar ("Say goodbye to fleas!"), a Camo Bandana ("It's what all the hipsters are wearing."), a Big Medal, some Energy Capsules and some Minerals, some Polymer Pads (the new protector) from around town.

Man: Now that's a good fellow! As you can see, this is the Antitank Fort. We here do not believe in the need for something so barbaric as a tank. You've got it all wrong! Why is it we live above them, then? Hm? Quite simply because we were here first! Those savages! Their claims are outrageous!

Soldier: There was this samurai who cut a tank in half with a glowing sword! Most amazing thing I've ever seen! He was just walking along normally, and when the tank passed by--SLASH! I bet most folks didn't even know he unsheathed his sword.

The local shop sells some new Dog Armor, and the all-targeting Dog Vulcan, which is less powerful than our current weapon, so I don't get it. Now, from here, we leave the area and head back to the lake, heading north. Along the way, we run into some new enemies.

They hit decently hard.

: They call me Doc Optica 'cause I research lenses!

: If you happen to find any lenses, can you bring 'em to me, please? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Now we can get the lenses. But let's talk to the doctor more first.

: I moved here in order to show the world how amazing lenses are! But people don't seem to understand... except you, lens friend! Don't lenses just make your heart leap with joy!? There's nothing more beautiful! To tell you the truth, you're the only lense friend I have! Well, I guess you can't always get what you want!

: You can't fool me... You have no lenses! Have you no sympathy for the doctor?

We pick up a Big Medal from his lab and head downstairs.

This lets us fight a monster not seen elsewhere. It is a total pushover, by design. It's meant for weapons testing.

Now, it's time to return to Junkyard. While there, let's deal with Duke.

(Click here for video.)

Duke: Tch... You're just some brat! Well I call no running home to mommy!
: What is your decision, Max?

Duke: Yer sure, now? Cause I ain't doin' this twice!
: ...Hey, c'mon fellas. Why don't you take this outside?
Duke: Yeah! What's wrong with you!? Get outside!

Duke: I don't normally beat up little kids, but for you I'll make an exception.

Duke opens by throwing a grenade. We're...a little overlevelled, so it's harmless. Nothing he does can hurt us, in fact.

See? His main thing is being a giant bucket of HP, so he takes a while to go down. Still, go down he does.

: Dr. Mortem appreciate new sample to have.

With that dealt with, let's go talk to Doc Solomon.

: That old camera of mine might have a lens in it! I don't even know why I kept it... But, you can have it now.

We get the Camera Lens.

Any new monster data on your Satcom? Well don't bogart the computer, my boy. I'd like to have a look! You shot right past half-way, didn't you? It's 60 percent complete, now. You're closer to being finished than you were when you started! There's an old item of mine in that barrel over there. You can have it--feel free! If you find any more monsters, let me know.

We get Solomon's Helm. It is a huge metal helm which will mess up your neck, and a small child could fit inside it. Now, it's off to Beldaire, where we'll get our next lens.

This isn't Beldaire at all! This is a transporter malfunction - sometimes they happen, sending you to a new and otherwise unreachable transport pod.

The area's full of these assholes. They're dangerous, but we can take 'em, even on foot.

This is all that's here...but what a find it is! The Grand Master has some of the best skills in the game to teach. He has Remote Laser EX, a massive upgrade to Max's Remote Laser skill. He has Crack Shot, which increases accuracy against airborne foes. He's got Quick Fix II, allowing a mechanic to totally fix a damaged part in battle. He has Deflect, which lets Rashid sometimes nullify ranged attacks, and Spinning Attack, which hits stealthed or sheltered enemies but requires Rashid to be using a dual-wield weapon. And he has a bunch of skills that no one can learn and which cost no money. Odd, that. He can also teach every single dog skill. Anyway, let's head for the next lens - but not Beldaire. I don't trust that teleporter. Instead, we're heading back to Forever Land.

: ...Oh, hey. It's my turn to plow the stupid potato field this week... Ugh.

: Whoa, seriously!? You rock! Here you go...

: ...You did a good job, too. Well, here's your reward, as promised.

We get the Solar Lens.

: Robby thinks it's magic or something, but whatever. I've been holding onto it cause it's so shiny. Kinda cool, huh?

We can also find Danny downstairs now.

: ...Phew, don't scare me like that...

: Uh... That is... Y'see, I-- ...OK, I'll give you this. But, it's a secret to everybody, OK? Got it?

We get a Sweet Potato. If we talk to Danny again...

: My head always hurts when I try to think of ways to get rich. I mean, I could do just about anything if I was on my own, but...
: I just don't want to leave everyone yet.
: So I was thinking, there's plenty of construction work around here. I'm not that smart, but I'm good with my hands. I could start as a bricklayer, and before long, I'd be the engineer! Ow... My head's starting to hurt again...

We take the Sweet Potato to Torikami...

: Believe me, it will be delicious! We can share it.

: *giggle* Wasn't that delicious?

Now, it's off to Beldaire! ...yeah that was the entire sweet potato event.

: Is that you, sir? Oh, I apologize for not recognizing you sooner. You see, the other day I accidentally stepped on my glasses, and, to my embarrassment, broke one of the lenses. I immediately placed an order for another pair... But, unfortunately, they won't be ready for a fortnight. So, until then, I hope my poor eyesight won't inconvenience you much.
: ...The lens that didn't break, sir? Yes, I am still in possession of it. I was planning on throwing it in the rubbish. But if you have some use for it, by all means, sir, please take it.

We get the Glasses Lens! Just one left. This one's at the Trader Camp west of Alice One.

Trader: It's called a Ruby Lens. That what you wanted? How about 5000G, eh?

Trader: Sounds good. Here you go...

Now we have all the lenses! Back to Doc Optica.

: Wow, thank you! I do like lenses! I'm touched! From this day on, we'll be lens friends! If you can find a total of 3 or 4 lenses, then I'll make you a lens weapon!

We can disassemble this and put it together differently whenever we like. The Lens Sabers are all decent elemental weapons for Rashid - they're not great, but they each do unique damage. Explosive, bio-stunning, beam, sonic, fire, electric and ice. There's also the Bazooka Lasers, for Charlene, which are more useful. Each hits a specific type of enemy - airborne, underground, underwater, out-of-range, high-altitude, stealthed or sheltered. Anyway, across the water is another island...

: *nod* I'm glad to hear that! Then, allow me to upgrade your Satcom's Remote program! ......
: Hwaaaaaaaa!!
: ...!?
: OK, all done!
: The Remote feature will now work on vehicles that are inoperative! It won't work on vehicles that are underwater, however. You'll have to ask the salvage shop to retrieve those for you.
Your Satcom's Remote program has been upgraded! You can select vehicles now that are overloaded or have broken parts!
: I hope you enjoy the upgrade! Farewell!

Now, just one place left for today, south of Fort Gears...

: Wow, I'm amazed a hunter would be interested in something besides tanks. This plane was handed down from my grandfather. My dream is to one day fly the skies with it. Both my grandfather and my father were pilots, but they were killed by the Sky Demon, a B2 Manta Ray that terrorizes the sky. I challenged it when I was younger... and I was almost killed, too. Luckily, I survived. I've repaired this plane so it could be flown again. But, as long as the Sky Demon is around, there's no point. Most monsters wouldn't pose a threat, but the Sky Demon's an exception. Unfortunately, he's not alone. Now, there's a monster called Eagle 1 that's just as bad. I'm afraid there's not much I can do to stop them. So instead, I wait down here, helpless, polishing my plane and staring up into the sky. ...You're probably tired of listening to me gripe... Hahaha. But, heed my words... Beware of those flying monsters... You defeated Eagle 1? That's incredible!

And, of course, we can loot a Big Medal from his airstrip.

Next time: Hell's Keep and the Maus.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 10, 2014

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mors Rattus posted:

[timg]ttp://lpix.org/1846051/MetalSagaLPTwentyTwo114.jpg[/timg]

Broken image here. Good to see this thread back.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Fixed.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Glad to see this is back, Mors. We missed ya.

Wilco is my friend simply because he hates Eagle 1 and the B2 Manta almost as much as I do.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Indy! Mors! I'm so pleased that you are not dead!

I had no idea that there was a hare-head that can upgrade your Remote unit. That's pretty neat.

Also, this game really has a thing for reclusive mad scientists, doesn't it? You can't go half a mile in the wasteland without running into some weird-looking nutter with highly-specialized technical expertise.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Hrm...it has been a while, yeah.

Also...I had heard something about there being a hidden romance subplot with Rosa. What do you know about that?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It exists. It has no associated ending, so at some point it just kind of stops. We'll be seeing it.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
Glad to see that you're back, and that you've still got the skill to do this game justice. I never knew about that Lens guy in my runthrough - neat idea, that! Weird, but neat!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Incidental fun note: While it is theoretically possible to get the Sweet Potato scene well, well before this, I wasn't able to do it.

This is because sometimes, for no clear reason, Danny stops existing until you unlock the Doc Optica sidequest. He just disappears entirely. This happened to me! So until I got the lens from him, I was unable to get the potato.

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
Are there any clues in the game about the location of the lenses? I think asking every single NPC is just too much work for that reward.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I certainly can't remember any. You're just expected to talk to people regularly.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So can we actually get a plane to fight in? Or is that just there for flavor?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I had completely missed this last update. Hope the job hunting goes well.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, I have a part-time job right now, at least through winter semester at a nearby university if I'm lucky, but I'm on third shift. Still, I hope to get some game recording done this weekend for a new update.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So, holidays and sickness happened, BUT I am going to get an update up by next weekend. If my internet doesn't die, anyway, which is a possibility at this point.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
Be wary of incurring the Wrath of Murphy, Mors Rattus! For he is a jerk, and his Law will come into full force if tempted. That said, glad to see you're back and functional! Looking forward to the next update of this glorious wandering tankfest.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Update Twenty-Four: That Took Longer Than I Thought

What's that? An update? I got a new job, basically, and it ate a lot of my time for the past month and a half. I've had these screenshots sitting around for a while now but never had the time to write this up. Anyway, let's get started.

First up, in the desert, we can get this ladies-only gear that makes for some pretty impressive armor. ...yeah, I don't even know.

Monsters of the Desert

Also, these guys. They're pretty forgettable. Heading north through the desert from the Anti-Tank Fort will take us to Hell's Keep.

Chump change!

Mercenary: ...Hahaha! You can't be so naive, kid. This town's gonna eat you alive!

Not everyone here is a dick, at least. There's some old friends around. (And this guy didn't, as far as I could tell, actually take my money.)

: In this town, there's a battle nearly every day. I want people here to eat my currey and grow strong! That is why I am here.

He's not kidding, either. Any attempt to exit Hell's Keep has a good chance of triggering a random battle. While we're here, we can pick up decent upgrades for everyone's armor, plus a new dog gun, the Dog Ice Cannon, and a new sword, the Kunihiro Katana. Nothing too interesting, though, beyond this being the last equipment shop around. Stuff is costly but good.

: For starters, Hell's Keep is further west than any other town. It's a base of operations for hunters and soldiers here in the West! The whole town is below ground level, sorta like it's in a trench. That's important as a defensive measure, since the monsters in the area are so strong. Who knows if there's habitable land beyond the storm curtain, but the people here will continue fighting until they find out. ...So, there you have it. Why don't you take a look around?

The Storm Curtain is outside the town, to the north. Basically, once you head far enough from Hell's Keep, a giant sandstorm covers all vision and you're moving around pretty blind. Unfortunately, despite this being the last town and there actually being more tracks in the game, there's no new tracks on the jukebox. The rest of the soundtrack is, I guess, just not available via jukebox.

Hunter: Me? I went close to it once, but... There's no way anyone could survive it. I'm sure of that.

Miner: Good for oyu, kid. There's a lot of money to be made here. But, there's really not much else to do. My only source of entertainment is this bar.

Or...

Miner: What's with the long face, kid? You gotta believe in yourself! Tomorrow is a new day!
Miner: Don't waste your time digging for treasure. It's much more profitable to hunt for monsters. There's an area northwest of here called the storm curtain... Now, most hunters won't go anywhere near there. But, if you're looking to make some cash, it's definitely worth the risk. Be careful, though. That money won't do you any good if you're dead.

Everyone's talking about the Storm Curtain and wondering if there's treasure beyond it. Well, mostly.

Miner: But, my wife told me I can't until I make enough money for her liposuction.

Miner: I've made some good cash, so I'm thinking of going home soon. I've been here for so long that when I visit my family, my kid starts crying because he doesn't recognize my face. It's just not worth it, even if the pay is great.
Miner: Luckily, my house isn't too far, so I can go home every once in a while. I feel bad for the guys who can't. But, then again, they don't have a wife and kid waiting for them. They're so lucky!

We can grab a Big Medal outside, and also find some more old friends waiting.

: The monsters in this region pose quite a challenge. If you can fare well against them, you can consider yourself a first-rate hunter.
: I can't believe we came here... I'm so worried...
: Hello, Max. I had a feeling I'd see you here. I've heard rumors concerning your father... Is that why you came? Supposedly, this part of the West has the most dangerous monsters, so we're here to see how our tanks will fare against them. I'm very excited.

Miner: That is, unless you want me to...
Miner: Oh my, having to use a Metal Detector to search for treasure is dreadful. Area bombing is much more effective, my dear. You'll need to identify possible areas where treasure may be located. Start off near the edge of the mountains, and look for protruding objects. Don't worry, gorgeous, you'll get the hang of it before long.

Not bad advice if you want to find random objects, at least.

Mechanic: Me? I clean and restore vehicle parts. It's a very stressful job. I mean, if a part gets scratched, or if it's left soaking too long, we can't use it.
Mechanic: Parts made prior to the Great Destruction are truly works of art. Most can still be used today. Not only are they extremely durable, they automatically expand and contract to adjust the wear and tear of the parts surrounding them. The techniques used to make those parts were far superior to the ones we use to make today's parts. I bet even the artisans wish they could create parts like that.
Mechanic: But, the machines that we use to grind the parts are so expensive! If one breaks, we have to grind the parts by hand, and that takes all day. So, we have to operate the machines with great care.

This is a very important garage, also, because it contains three things. First is a new main gun - not a huge deal. But second is the Fairy engine, the single best engine in the entire game. We load up on those and Sigma 80 chips for all our tanks. Once fully upgraded, the Fairy becomes the Titania and has an immense load capacity. It's not cheap, though - getting everything upgraded wipes out even my wallet. Fortunately, there's not really much to buy any more.

Worker: All this was dug up out of the ground. Did you know that the temperature change from day to night makes things expand and contract a little bit? For that reason, parts degrade over time, even if you don't use 'em. They might seem alright, but if you look closely, you'll see that they're a little crooked. I heard that the craftsmen in Lorelei Bay can fix 'em, but it's better to use ones that are like new. That's why I came all the way here--to look for high quality parts.
Worker: What I need are parts for a ground water pump. Even in the desert, you can find water if you dig deep enough. We should do our best to make more land habitable, don't ya think?

Transporter: I transport excavated parts to places like Lorelei Bay and Dowan. But, you can't get anywhere around here unless you have a tank, so I'm always worried that I won't make it to my destination. It would be nice if travel around here wasn't so hazardous.

Transporter: Well, I never! How rude!

Miner: Well, I guess it is when you find something of great value. ...Like those guys did. Hey, do you want to know their secret... their secret to success?
Miner: Well, it's simple. They came here, made their money, and left. With that money, they bought land, and built their own farms. They didn't spend it on wine and women, and they didn't gamble it away. You see, most people here start acting foolish when they find treasure... And, a fool and his money are soon parted. That's why most treasure hunters end up broke.

Soldier: Nah, I'm just giving you a hard time. You're here for treasure, right?
Soldier: Well, now's the time to make some cash! 'Cuz if they extend the railroad out here, the cost of living will surely decrease. And then, this place will be filled with people looking for a better life. Mark my words, kid. You'd better make as much as you can, as fast as you can.

Nice to see you, too, Hare Head.

Soldier: Well, there is! I rode out past it and saw the tower with my own eyes! ...Too bad nobody believes me. I mean, I only did it 'cuz I thought I'd be famous. But people just think I'm a liar...

Hunter: But when I heard that roar, I was terrified! A dragon! *shudder* Sometimes you can ever hear it over the winds of the sandstorm...

Apparently, a dragon lives in the Storm Curtain.

Hunter: ...Oh, sorry. I didn't mean you. See the guy on this wanted poster? Well, he's a con artist! He said he could find me a tank for cheap, so I gave him all my money! Now, I'm broke and don't even have a tank to show for it... What's this!? His name's Binramen!? Dammit! He even used a false name! ...What did he call himself? MC... something or other. That bastard!

Huh. MC something?

I guess MC Hamir looks kind of like Binramen if you squint. Anyway, the place to find Hamir is hanging out in the Antitank Fort now.

(Click here for video.)

: Whoa! It is you!
: Don't be surprising me in that way! You scared my wits away from me!
: ...Wh-What is it you are wanting to do here?

: What!?
: Oh, a tank! Yes! Much tanks are buried around here. I promise to be finding one soon! (Not good... I don't think this kid is falling for it anymore...)

: What, are you having the doubt about me!? A lot of work is being necessary! Patience is required of you! Wait, did you say... wanted poster?
: Oh, crap! He knows!

Hamir (or Binramen) flees the bar. Outside...

Homeless Guy: I really wish outsiders would take their troubles elsewhere.

After a bit of me running around trying to find his hiding spot...

: C'mon, whaddya say? Forgive and forget? There's no way I can beat a hunter...

You could let him go. You would get no reward whatsoever.

: Haha... Hahahaha... Th-That's what I thought...
: Dammit! That's it! I didn't think you'd forgive me, anyway!

And so we fight him.

"Fight." He takes no actual actions and dies real, real fast.

: No more resistance from me! See? Please, spare my life!

If you trust him to do what he says, you're kinda dumb after all this.

: ...What? Hey, wait! Hold on! I'll never do it again! Just spare me!

Hunter Office employee: The outlaw in the capsule is alive, so please handle with care!
Transporter: ...Understood.
Capsule (Binramen): ...! ...!!

I guess we did take him alive. Anyway, he gets dragged away.

Hunter Office employee: Thank you for waiting, Max. Please come to the window and fill out the form to receive your reward.

All 450G of it. But that's not what the real reward is.

(Click here for video.)

Leader: So, as I stated earlier, I would like to entrust you with my beloved tank. Follow me.

Maintenance Man: Here it is, sir! Man, I'm so happy that this baby will be blazin' across the wastelands, once again! All the hard work I put into 'er over the years has finally paid off! Alright, kid, she's yours! Be sure to give 'er a cool name!

We are now the proud owners of the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus, the largest tank ever built.

Leader: This tank saved my life more times than I can remember. She will serve you well.

Next time: Hunting outlaws and tying up some loose ends.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
haha wow that's a pretty crazy quest chain. How much more of this game is there to see?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We could achieve the "main" ending whenever I feel like, but there's a pretty sizable chunk of side content left to show off.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
The Maus is a ridiculous piece of hardware, it's basically a Mobile Killing Everyone Platform.

I kinda wish the ultimate tank had a more visually interesting design, though. Like a modern MBT tank design, or some crazy futurewar poo poo.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Great to see this thread again!

How many updates do you estimate you have left to write?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

At least four, I think. Might be more - I'm not actually certain how long some of the side content will take. Like, I've basically been ignoring gift-giving and the ladies, so that's probably an update all on its own. Two more for hunting and side dungeon stuff, plus the finale...yeah, at least four, possibly more.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The maus looks hilatiously simple on the outside.
Like a 5 year olds drawing of a tank.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The maus looks hilatiously simple on the outside.
Like a 5 year olds drawing of a tank.

Most vehicle designs start simple and since the Maus was barely off the drawing board when Berlin fell it hadn't had any time to accumulate the bits and bobs that would let it perform beyond its primary mission.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tupperwarez posted:

The Maus is a ridiculous piece of hardware, it's basically a Mobile Killing Everyone Platform.

As compared to what it was in reality; a crime against sane and competent vehicle design.

If you actually run the numbers, the drat thing would've been so heavy it could've only ever been deployed on frozen ground, or similarly hard surfaces or it more than likely would've just dug two enormous trenches around it's treads.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Keeshhound posted:

As compared to what it was in reality; a crime against sane and competent vehicle design.

If you actually run the numbers, the drat thing would've been so heavy it could've only ever been deployed on frozen ground, or similarly hard surfaces or it more than likely would've just dug two enormous trenches around it's treads.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, congratulations on putting the screws to that Major Conman.

Aximus
Aug 18, 2010
Any chance this is still going on?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yes, but not for another week at the earliest. My job's been hammering me - I'm one of three night supervisors at a college library, and the third one's been dropping shifts in preparation for leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Yes, but not for another week at the earliest. My job's been hammering me - I'm one of three night supervisors at a college library, and the third one's been dropping shifts in preparation for leaving.
On the other hand, a few more months and you'll be in the top 50 for longest time taken to complete and LP. And at least you'll have gotten there LPing a sandbox game, rather than some folks...

• Locked thread