Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
He's saying that HGAC Wing Gundam came first and thus was used for Wing Fenice, as opposed to Crossbone Maoh which came first and is getting retooled into a Crossbone X1.

Edit: Speaking of Build Fighters, I really hope next year is when we start getting all the absent MGs of Build Fighter suits. Most of them are easily doable with existing kits, although things like Miss Sazabi, Qubeley Papillon and Kampfer Amazing will probably never see the light of day.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Fair enough, although I'm pretty sure any new mold out of BF is just entirely because they intend on doing the base suit as well.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
What are good alternatives to HLJ. I'm pretty bummed out about their "BACKORDERED" or "SOLD OUT" on everything I click.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Ummmm there's amiami but they're not too great on availability either. I guess Mandarake?

Though if you mean online vendors in general and not just importing, Amazon is really great. If you're in America.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

TaurusOxford posted:

Kampfer Amazing will probably never see the light of day.

Proof that we live in a cruel, godless universe.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

BlitzBlast posted:

Though if you mean online vendors in general and not just importing, Amazon is really great. If you're in America.

Speaking of Amazon I just ordered an MG Turn X and MG Astray Red Frame along with some supplies and action bases. Anyone who wants the Red Frame at a nice price should buy it from Amazon now, it's on sale for only $47. :getin:

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Is there a place to buy assorted polycap sheets or even replacements for kits?

Also I realize this is a longshot but has anyone put together HG Gouf Custom and remembers having problems with the feet, i swear the caps they call for to hook the ankle to feet will never fit so I just took them out and cemented the pieces.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I don't suppose anyone can tell me what these colors are supposed to be and what brand I'm supposed to get/if I can get the same stuff in Tamiya? I've got no idea what I'm looking at here and this is my first time doing serious color mixing.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Just google Mr. Color H-*appropriate number*. It should pop up.

madpanda posted:

Unless you're in japan, no. The only option is parts order, and ahaha that's not exactly a speedy process.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

madpanda posted:

Buy a cheap polycapped HG and just salvage it for parts? :shrug:

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

madpanda posted:

I lost a polycap on my current kit and although Kotobukiya replacemetn PCs are a real item you can by, they also cost as much as the models to acquire.

Do what other smart people have said and just steal a polycap from a kit you're not interested in finishing / assembling. It's what I did.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can anyone recommend a display case to protect the gundams from dust and crafty nephews? I've been looking at this http://www.storesupply.com/4-shelf-acrylic-rotating-tower-display-98219.aspx but would like alittle bit bigger but cant find anything else anywhere.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Can anyone recommend a display case to protect the gundams from dust and crafty nephews? I've been looking at this http://www.storesupply.com/4-shelf-acrylic-rotating-tower-display-98219.aspx but would like alittle bit bigger but cant find anything else anywhere.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Would there be someway to lock it?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tenzarin posted:

Can't you just tell your nephews not to touch them? Or nag their parents to buy them some Gunpla so they'll stop ruining yours?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Not built in but you can get a display case lock for a swinging door (not a sliding door) and add that if it's a concern.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I don't think I'll ever get tired of bearguys and I absolutely love this one:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

My lord, these things are not even price-hiked in my country. The exchange rates add up. :stare:

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Bimmi posted:

The 00-Raiser and QAN[T] share a pair of runners for the arm and leg frames, if that's any help.

It is, actually. If the other arm shows the same defects, I might go with this. Otherwise, I think I'm going to try to fuse it with plastic cement, since it's just the right wrist joint.

Having a second 00 would let me come up with some kind of weird modding idea, though. Maybe paint it red, fuse a gun to the arm, and make a 00 Samus Custom?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
So I'm looking for a Deathscythe Hell model to build and I found one on Amazon for ~$50 CDN w/ shipping. However, when I go on amiami, it shows the same model for 530 JPY?!?! Am I missing something here? That's like $5! I didn't go as far as to enter in my payment info so I didn't see the shipping price for amiami, so I'm expecting +$50 shipping fees. Also it's on back order on amiami, so that may also be a factor.

This is also going to be my first build. Am I going in over my head with this model?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Those aren't the same figure, the AmiAmi one is 1/144 scale whereas the Amazon one is 1/100 scale. Also, I'd be wary of both of those kits, just by virtue of being old Wing HGs. They're pretty much universally considered to be awful, especially in comparison to the newer outputs.

Is there nothing from the newer releases you like?

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 22, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You want this one.

If you can understand pictures, you can follow the manual. Gunpla is hilariously easy, and the Wing MGs in particular don't have any crazy gimmicks that might confuse you.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mad Lupine posted:

So I'm looking for a Deathscythe Hell model to build and I found one on Amazon for ~$50 CDN w/ shipping. However, when I go on amiami, it shows the same model for 530 JPY?!?! Am I missing something here? That's like $5! I didn't go as far as to enter in my payment info so I didn't see the shipping price for amiami, so I'm expecting +$50 shipping fees. Also it's on back order on amiami, so that may also be a factor.

This is also going to be my first build. Am I going in over my head with this model?

If you want a good High Grade (1/144 scale) Wing kit for a first build, get the HGAC Wing Gundam (The link has a picture of the box within to help find it. Click "Review" at the top to see pictures of the completed kit). There's also a kit of the HGAC Wing Gundam Zero if you prefer.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tenzarin posted:

KLINGSBO is the superior case for people who dont display large dolls or PGs. It has more shelves, less wasted space, and a locking door

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60128562/

Its also not noisily expanding and contracting all day after several years of ownership like my DETOLFs

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

S-Alpha posted:

Those aren't the same figure, the AmiAmi one is 1/144 scale whereas the Amazon one is 1/100 scale.

Wow I can't believe I missed that. Chalk that up to me being a newbie.

quote:

Also, I'd be wary of both of those kits, just by virtue of being old Wing HGs. They're pretty much universally considered to be awful, especially in comparison to the newer outputs.

I would have avoided it all together, but the Amazon reviews claimed it was a good kit which was why I brought it up here. I can't find a newer kit of the Deathscythe Hell, so I guess I'm out of luck on that end.

Yeah I was looking at that one too. I'll probably pick this one up cause it looks really sweet. I had my heart set on the other model, but w/e. I'll want to paint the wings cause those look plastic-y as hell, probably.

S-Alpha posted:

Is there nothing from the newer releases you like?

I really wanted to start with my favorite Gundam, so I haven't really looked at anything else. I haven't watched a lot of Gundam for awhile (thank you Gundam SEED) so I'm not too up to date with the newer models.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you want a good High Grade (1/144 scale) Wing kit for a first build, get the HGAC Wing Gundam (The link has a picture of the box within to help find it. Click "Review" at the top to see pictures of the completed kit). There's also a kit of the HGAC Wing Gundam Zero if you prefer.

These look fantastic as well! If I like building the Deathscythe, one of these may be my next project.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MG Deathscythe Hell (the one I linked) was released in 2011. The ones you were looking at were made in the 90s.

The MG is very much a newer kit.

Also since you're new, learn to embrace the magic of dalong.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

The old 1/100 Deathscythe isn't a bad kit for it's time, it's just that newer kits are so much better. And when putting it together just make sure to double check before you snap the parts together, it can be a pain to pull them back apart cause you forgot a polycap.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Booourns posted:

The old 1/100 Deathscythe isn't a bad kit for it's time, it's just that newer kits are so much better. And when putting it together just make sure to double check before you snap the parts together, it can be a pain to pull them back apart cause you forgot a polycap.

It's much worse when you cement the parts together and then have to pull them apart. And worse than that is when you realize you pulled it apart but didn't actually put then polycap in it and have to pull it apart again. My gabthley's shoulder is now totally hosed because of that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Gaius Marius posted:

And worse than that is when you realize you pulled it apart but didn't actually put then polycap in it and have to pull it apart again.
I physically cringed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Put some action bases together today, they are some fine pieces of plastic. They are so much better than the ones you get in some kits and make aerial posing a breeze.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

It's much worse when you cement the parts together and then have to pull them apart. And worse than that is when you realize you pulled it apart but didn't actually put then polycap in it and have to pull it apart again. My gabthley's shoulder is now totally hosed because of that.

trying gluing a thigh together and forgetting the polycop. I used loving super glue :suicide:

thank god it was a cheap hg.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You don't know sadness until trying to take apart an MG FA Unicorn that you'd mostly glued together because goddamn that thing is unstable.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh neat, RD V Dash.

Considering how much Late UC model kits blow, I'm really starting to consider just getting them in RD form. I'm already going to be rocking the Crossbones after all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh neat, RD V Dash.

Considering how much Late UC model kits blow, I'm really starting to consider just getting them in RD form. I'm already going to be rocking the Crossbones after all.

I'm surprised that's not gotten an HG kit, considering it seems to be mostly V-Gundam.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Assuming it's true: Good job bandai, you are utterly unpredictable so far this year. :stare:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yessssssssssssss. God bless your crazy soul, Bandai. I'm not too into RGs, but I might make that my first one just for the hell of it. My MG WZC has suffered over the years.

Edit: Also, for those who were interested in that 1/100 Xi, turns out that SamuelDecal still has some for pre-order, just in case you need to have a shelf desperately in need of breaking.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 22, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
On one hand, Bandai is finally making a RG kit i'm compelled to have. On the other, Wing Zero Custom? I would have expected the other 00 season 1 suits or even 00 Gundam before they would jump right to Wing.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh neat, RD V Dash.

I could've sworn that they released V Dash option parts for the original release V Gundam. Then again, they were Tamashii Nations Web Exclusives.

It's cool they're doing all these late UC remolds, but it seems like they come with even fewer accessories than their original releases, especially in the case of the Crossbones (it's to sell exclusive accessory packs). But I've already got the first molds, am happy with them, and won't have to bother with the new ones.

Also, fuckin' finally. My SH Figuarts Domon's been lonely.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 22, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

RG Wing Zero Custom?

I... what... yeah sure whatever.

Mecha Gojira posted:

I could've sworn that they released V Dash option parts for the original release V Gundam. Then again, they were Tamashii Nations Web Exclusives.

They did. Looking up the pictures this seems to just be a re-release; I'm hopeful they'll do a reprinting of V2 AB as well because gently caress spending $150 for a RD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

And the Bearguy is even called "Bearguy Family."
Rinko must be so happy.

• Locked thread