Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Dirty Players are the best players.

Also, more zombies because zombies are awesome.

This post is dedicated to James Wade, Norse Lineman and Dirty Player who died before he ever got to foul a single guy with his new skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Save for Ghoul, Tackle

Man, that was some saucy wolf play. You kept the dream alive and I was on the edge of my seat.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Dirty Player, so you can properly punish POMBers, Save for a Ghoul.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

That last half was hard to watch at times but I'm glad I endured through it so I could see that glorious highlight reel. I also love how you just threw caution to the wind and started giving absolutely zero fucks in part, even if you won't admit it, because of the death of a player who's name you couldn't remember. In summation, gently caress Amazons.

Dirty Player and save for a ghoul

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Kick, Save for Ghoul.

Rest in peace, What's-your-face. You will not be forgotten.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

New ghoul

KING OF SKILLS

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Kick and Ghoul because Ghoul and kickzombie.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Kick
New ghoul that just wants the other team to Ghoul It

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
For the record, I offered to record Macho Man Randy Savage sound bites for him ever time he fouls for the LP, and he declined saying he never fouls. 3 minutes into the second half and you are a dirty lier GNU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Block
Save for a Ghoul

If you're voting for ANOTHER zombie (putting the team at 13 players) you better be voting for Dirty Player, too. You're not going to see the entire team KO'd on a regular basis, but the risk of ejection justifies some extra depth.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Save for a Ghoul named Assistant Coach

Kick

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Save for Ghoul
Wrestle for Bonecruncher McGraw

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
New Ghoul and Kick sounds good to me.

Victor has a bad habit of not failing dice rolls when you really need him to, it's terrible.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 21, 2014

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Save for Ghoul, Kick

How many players have we lost now? We've run through 3 ghouls, a werewolf, a flesh golem and... a couple zombies? I forget which ones.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Save for Ghoul, Kick

How many players have we lost now? We've run through 3 ghouls, a werewolf, a flesh golem and... a couple zombies? I forget which ones.

Hungrylike, Ra's Al, Flesh Prince, Franken Castle, Riff Raff (fired), and now THC. I think that's all of them

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Save for Ghoul
Bonecruncher McGraw

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Buy a Ghoul

Dirty Player

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Head Cheerleader didn't die, she just joined the rest of the squad on the sidelines.

Buy a third cheerleader

And Dirty Player for that zombie guy.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
This team is hungry for some Ghoulash. :v:

(also Dirty Player.)

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Save for Ghoul
Block

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Buy a Ghoul

Dirty Player

Cool Chulainn
Sep 5, 2011

Who's up for a game of Swords & Speedballs?
Ghoul
Wrassle

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Tally it up, ~24 hours till voting closes

Bonecruncher Level
Dirty Player - 10
Kick - 8
Wrestle - 4
Tackle - 2
Block - 2

Spare Cash
Save - 21
Zombie - 2
Third Cheerleader - 1

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Kick, it always seems so useful.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Camoes posted:

Kick is much more useful in fumbbl when you can actually decide when to use it. It also means you have to have a zombie not on the los or in a wide zone.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Camoes posted:

People say this a lot but.. why?

What's so useful about it other than eliminating those rare kicks where the distance, wind, and/or bounce all magically collude to force your ball out of bounds?

At 1700+ TV, teams aren't going to be screwed over by a deep kick the way fresh Chorfs, Dwarves, or Khemri might be.

You need a Blitz to capitalize on a shallow kick, and even then Necromantic aren't exactly flush with dudes who are good at sneaking through to get the ball from their starting positions in a good defensive formation.

Kick sucks. Especially on Cyanide.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Also makes it so your opponent can't really load a side. Since you can just kick to the other side then they have to burn a bunch of movement. And you can always get a blitz.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
When you don't have kick you pretty much just have to kick to the middle of the opponents half in order to make sure that they don't get a touchback.

But when you have kick and you are up against like dwarves or khemri you can kick the ball to the back of the pitch and separate runners from blockers/Tomb guardians which is a massive advantage.

Or if you are up against like elves you can kick short and force them to either make a few rolls to put the ball in a safe spot or force them to commit to a punching fight they can't win. Or hope for a blitz and just catch it.

That being said I usually don't take kick on my teams because most of my favorite teams are slow so kick isn't as useful.

Edit; Victor Vermis probably knows all this already but I wanted to make a post about it anyway.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Save for Ghoul

Wrestle

Make it so!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

CongoJack posted:

Edit; Victor Vermis probably knows all this already but I wanted to make a post about it anyway.
All good points, except I don't really agree with the shallow kick strategy vs anybody. You still need it to bounce almost right up to the LoS to really mangle any plans they had for setting up a 2 turn TD AND securing the ball.

Another thing to consider with Kick is the team you're using and its most commonly used defensive formations.
This is Gnu's defensive formation against Zons for a Turn 1 Kickoff:

With 2x Wights, 2x Flolems, 2x Wolves, and 1-2 Ghouls, there will be 3 LoS Zombies and 1-2 side zone zombies for protecting Wolves and/or Ghouls from Blitzers. You don't want the Flolems on the sides because they're slow to react and you need them to hold the center of the field.

This is Gnu's formation against Zons for a Turn 6 Kickoff:

On a short drive, Gnu denies the sidelines by placing his Flolems in the side zones. Although a Wight is missing here, the team is short a Ghoul now, so the result is the same: There is a Zombie in the middle zone. As Veloxyll and Congo Jack mentioned in their examples of "Loaded Side" formations and defending against cagey teams, playing defense on a short drive is objectively a good time to have Kick!

I don't think it is terribly useful for the only kickoff you're guaranteed see at least once per game, though- that being the long drive kickoff. Better to have a Zombie that is good at taking up space, screening, taking down opposing players, or removing opposing players.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Franken Castle (Rest In Piss) got to use Kick a couple times IIRC, but I won't go out of my way to get a kick zombie in a place to use it.

Cyanide's Kick isn't such a useful skill that I will alter my defense to take advantage of it. If a zombie is going to be inside the Wide Zone and not on the LoS I'll make it a Kick zombie, sure, but it's more of a luxury than a necessity

Though, like people mentioned, Necromantic are one of the few teams which prefer to only field 3 linos, and those linos on defense will always end up on the line, because I'd rather have my Flesh Golems free to position on my terms. Putting Flolems on the line defensively isn't wrong, per se, but they can sometimes get caught up in the scrum or just get knocked down and dispatched

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

GNU Order posted:

Cyanide's Kick isn't such a useful skill

Whats the difference between kick and cyanide's kick?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Jade Star posted:

Whats the difference between kick and cyanide's kick?

Fumbbl's kick (and kick as it's interpreted in the rulebooks) has you roll the kickoff scatter die first and lets you choose whether or not to apply Kick to it. So, if you roll a 6 on the kick die, you can see where the ball would land and choose whether or not you want it to be 6 squares away or 3 squares away.

It may seem a bit trivial but it's really handy and offers you more flexability, especially if you just want to put the ball in a corner, aim for the middle of one corner, and the ball scatters 6 squares towards the center (or rather the opposite corner). Having Kick be applied automatically puts the ball right in the middle of the field (which is what you wanted to avoid) but letting the ball scatter 6 squares means the ball goes 3 more squares away towards a corner.

e- For posterity's sake here is the text from the CRP

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 22, 2014

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Have you not put kick on ask to activate?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

IIRC either you can't put it on ask or it doesn't do anything

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Yea cyanide kick sucks, get Dirty Player instead because its more interesting and fun.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Turning Kick to ask in Cyanide is as effective as switching Dodge to ask.

You are actually meant to be able to not use dodge. So you can not get your mans surfed and instead fall over like a worthless lino.
A surf is guaranteed off the pitch. A Knockdown lets you roll armour and you might only get stunned even if they beat armour.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Regardless of if kick is good in cyanide blood bowl, it sounds BORING. Getting a positional advantage whereby you slow the opponent down by a turn so that a turn is simply wasted and nothing awesome happens on that turn won't make videos better.

That's why I voted for dirty player, I wanted to vote for pass block, but I doubted anyone would agree with me and I wanted to make sure kick lost.

BIG DICK DADDY
Sep 13, 2007

Heidely-ho, neighbor!
The new player had better be too ghoul for school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Here's a neat thing I just saw on Fumbbl: Kick Off Simulator.

• Locked thread