Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cojawfee posted:

He looks like he is pregnant.

He's wants to be an American.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How do they go to Argentina and not spend the whole trip making Falklands jokes?

It'd be like going to the Middle East and not packing it full of Bible puns.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Data Graham posted:

How do they go to Argentina and not spend the whole trip making Falklands jokes?

It'd be like going to the Middle East and not packing it full of Bible puns.

As someone on the Jalopnik thread said, they should do the same thing they did in the US South and paint "We own the Falkland Islands" on the sides of their cars.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kenshin posted:

As someone on the Jalopnik thread said, they should do the same thing they did in the US South and paint "We own the Falkland Islands" on the sides of their cars.

That will get them actually murdered.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Kenshin posted:

Ummmm...... wow that's one way to commit suicide

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Powershift posted:

He should learn how to properly use the satnav so it stops taking him to all of the fast food restaurants every meal time.

Meh. Leave the tired old maa... wait. He's 54? gently caress me.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
The funny thing is that the only people in the world who care THAT MUCH about the Falkland Islands are Argentinians and Brits. Nobody else cares, or even really understands the level of anger about it. I certainly don't!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Kenshin posted:

The funny thing is that the only people in the world who care THAT MUCH about the Falkland Islands are Argentinians and Brits. Nobody else cares, or even really understands the level of anger about it. I certainly don't!

It would be like Japan invading Guam with barley any army and holding the entire population hostage and then America carpet bombing the piss out of them (again) Well sorta anyway.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 23, 2014

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Preoptopus posted:

It would be like Japan invading Guam with barley any army and holding the entire population hostage and then America carpet bombing the piss out of them (again) Well sorta anyway.

The current rise in tensions has less to do about the absurdity of the Empire holding sway over some sheep shaggers many kms away from anything or Argentinan national pride and more with there's a fair bit of money to be had for whom has the rights to exploit oil.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/americasview/2014/02/oil-and-gas-falklands

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
See I just learned something. :) I love AI. That sucks if they start drilling in and around Patagonia tho.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 23, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I fully expect May and Hammond to go on about the Falklands war with the shots carefully framed to emphasise how Clarkson is nowhere near.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
"Tonight! We drive British military vehicles across Argentina and start a war!"

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Preoptopus posted:

It would be like Japan invading Guam after the USA had been told by the UN to negotiate a handover 17 years ago and then after failing to make any real headway after effectively 2 decades the USA declared that people living on Guam weren't actually US citizens while the US was pulling all its military assets out of the western Pacific.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Isn't it a bit inevitable that SOMETHING goes down after they visit? Look what happened with Syria and Ukraine.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They're gonna use Low Rider in the soundtrack and that'll be it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Only the power of denim is keeping him from melting completely.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Top gear is back!

by which i mean there was a new episode of top gear Us

they beaters and trash them in the desert.

edit: really need a gif of tanner passing rut on the highway.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Oct 1, 2014

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When I am elected overlord I will make it punishable by death for any of those three guys to use the word "really?"

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I don't care what you guys say. I still like my Top Gear US.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Powershift posted:

Top gear is back!

by which i mean there was a new episode of top gear Us

they beaters and trash them in the desert.

edit: really need a gif of tanner passing rut on the highway.

that was their best challenge idea they've had yet. great episode

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Why didn't they just unplug the electric fan instead of cutting the alternator belt?

* if that played in later, I fell asleep about 20 minutes in, though I did DVR it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Another episode where they shoehorn Tanner into the car at the end for no real reason.

For the upcoming episode, my DVR cut out in the middle of it, was Tanner in a GTI or Golf R or what? How are they going to get him to win this time??

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Worth it just for tanners car

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

pik_d posted:

no real reason.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

If the other two presenters really can't do this they shouldn't be hosting a show called Top Gear

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There are many other things they ought to be able to do in order to host a show called Top Gear, including "be funny". But that hasn't stopped them.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

"Have general car knowledge outside of 1977 Detroit" would be a start.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Jusupov posted:

Worth it just for tanners car

Cool, at first. Not cool that they didn't show the fuel cell/bodging it took to get it to run like that.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

FogHelmut posted:

"Have general car knowledge outside of 1977 Detroit" would be a start.

I've always liked Ferrara's unashamed love of 70s era Detroit Steel. It reflects a lot of people I work with out here in the boonies. It's a perspective I've grown up around my entire life - "New cars are rubbish, this obscure GM product from 1975 is the best car ever and also I am never wrong!"

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I was pretty surprised they let him run the barrel race with a chopped off roof on his Jeep.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

CornHolio posted:

I've always liked Ferrara's unashamed love of 70s era Detroit Steel. It reflects a lot of people I work with out here in the boonies. It's a perspective I've grown up around my entire life - "New cars are rubbish, this obscure GM product from 1975 is the best car ever and also I am never wrong!"

Yes, I realize how many people out there are really proud of their Dodge Omni, and the day they went down to the dealership to hit a Honda with a sledgehammer. But it's more predictable than Hammond choosing the Porsche. I just want my presenter to be more than that.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

FogHelmut posted:

Yes, I realize how many people out there are really proud of their Dodge Omni, and the day they went down to the dealership to hit a Honda with a sledgehammer. But it's more predictable than Hammond choosing the Porsche. I just want my presenter to be more than that.

You're generally not going to get that, because people have deep personal biases when it comes to cars. I'd rather the presenter be genuine and pick the cars that he's passionate about and can talk for hours about off-script rather than... well, whatever is the other thing than that.

Rutledge Wood has a huge hard-on for VWs, especially old, slow ones. I don't care that he's predictable. I like that. It's more authentic than if he showed up in a 1995 Honda Civic.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Biases are fine. I like that we can predict that Hammond will pick the Porsche; it's the source of much good humor. The problem is when they forget the "humor" part.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Data Graham posted:

Biases are fine. I like that we can predict that Hammond will pick the Porsche; it's the source of much good humor. The problem is when they forget the "humor" part.

It became a pretty funny and fun show when I stopped comparing it to UK Top Gear and gave it a chance on it's own merits.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

GutBomb posted:

It became a pretty funny and fun show when I stopped comparing it to UK Top Gear and gave it a chance on it's own merits.

To be completely honest, I think I like US slightly more. Top Gear UK is great but it's really starting to repeat itself too much and the humor is becoming really forced. The joke is typically just "lol bumbling old man lol."

But the recent Top Gear US challenge where they had to get a celebrity photo with their car, and Ferarra shows up not with a photo but with Dolph Lundgren actually in his car, that was loving aces.

LoopyJuice
Jul 5, 2007
So someone called it earlier (and yes it's a horrible UK rag but I stumbled across the picture about an hour after reading the last couple of weeks of this thread):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...klands-War.html

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

LoopyJuice posted:

So someone called it earlier (and yes it's a horrible UK rag but I stumbled across the picture about an hour after reading the last couple of weeks of this thread):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...klands-War.html

quote:

'To suggest that this car was either chosen for its number plate or that an alternative number plate was substituted for the original, is completely untrue.'

haha bullshit, that plate is way too specific to be coincidental.

I can't wait for this episode, seriously. Mostly for the 928, but this looks like it could be pretty good if it's pissing people off already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seriously, why else would they even go there?

Also I'm very much looking forward to the Esprit. :3: