Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Gato, man. We've got a bit of Previous. Might get a bit tasty, know what I mean?

Get bladdered then go percussively reprogram his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Invite the woman to a fight and a dance, if she doesn't like either she's probably a robot herself so you've nothing to lose.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
E

chug chug chug chug

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

I'd like to see a pacifist Goku playthrough so I'm against fighting the cat robot.

E) Get drunk.

I) Hit on m'lady (she's a secret m'lady so this is actually accurate terminology :spergin:).

J) Gamble at someone's lunch rave.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Oh man, D), the Disembodied Face Circus! It's lots of fun and is in no way a massive Chekhov's Gun!

The race and rave are tempting, but H), we gotta visit Mlcr, even though he is of absolutely no importance to the plot.

And, of course, I), the girl with the legendary gamebreaking weapon, who is in no way relevant to anything ever forever and can you see a pattern here?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 21, 2014

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

GATO
FOR
LIFE

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Get crunk
Fight Gato
Impress open-carry advocate girl :patriot:

Laslingen
Mar 9, 2013
Have Goku consult the chick with the crossbow. He will need her help to destroy the colourful balloons and avenge his father! Who was killed by a ballon many years ago.
Also beat up Gato and convince him that they should team up against the balloons!

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
Game's alright, I suppose. I prefer Chrono Cross.

D-H-I

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Do everything on the list in whatever order you think is best.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fight that fat Cat

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012
… This is oddly horrifying and yet fascinating.

Oh God, what are you doing, Sally?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Delta Green posted:

… This is oddly horrifying and yet fascinating.

Oh God, what are you doing, Sally?

Following in the tradition of a drat funny Lets Play, is what.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

tlarn posted:

In Japan, Gato's called Doki Doki Gonzales. Fight him.

Fight Doki Doki Gonzales, he's pretty strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrqsLbdcJYo

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

My name is Gato and I'm hear to say
Fighting robots is the only way.
Don't do drugs or go to school
Beat up robots and you'll be cool.
People say you should learn to read
Fighting robots is all you need!

This didn't get nearly enough attention. :yayclod:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Get drunk, Dance at a rave, and Knock some sense into that loving robot cat.

God bless America.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
A

E

H
!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Guys, I found some previously unreleased official art of this game and its main character:

©

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Blind Sally, please do your best to emulate Toriyama art style in future updates, tia

(but it's okay if you only have enough room to draw one article of clothing, we know you are working hard and playing hard)

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Get drunk, continue to pet all cattes (Gato)

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
When do you switch places with the cat guy? cause that's my favorite part

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I've had a shite day and now I'm feeling saucy. So let's see--

Goku only has limited time before he needs hustle on over to Luca's presentation, so he only has time for three activities on the fair. But what will they be?

ArchWizard posted:

Aw sheeeeit.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Aw Yiss :megadeath:

For better or worse, Goku decides to begin his trip around the Millennial Fair by binge drinking. A local lush challenges you to a "drink-off" and you astound him by drinking all of the beer. ALL OF IT. (Note: in game, you drink beer faster by mashing the "B" button. For the sake of convenience, we will be using the "AUTO" option to crush our opponent and drink beer faster).

You then decide to go gamble at the races, seeing as your decision making abilities have been heightened.

GorfZaplen posted:

Piss all our cash away on the races, I realize we have max cash, just spend it all.

You bet all of your money on the Steel Runner, a man dressed in a full replica suit of armour. For whatever reason, you felt this was a better choice than lithe dinosaur man, the cat, and trained military officer. Yup, Goku bet on the fella jogging around in his own body weight worth of metal.

You have lost all your money!

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Gato's Theme :megadeath:

You go to fight Gato. The alcohol is really starting to affect you, though, and you pass out before Gato can even finishing singing its battle theme. For shame.

You win no silver points.

In a haze, you drag yourself to the weird circus thing going on. At least you think you got their of your own accord. For all you know, someone helped you there. You blacked out for a bit. It was probably Gato. Good ol'Gato. Gonna have to thank it afterwards. Anyways, you sleep through the show and miss whatever happened. You're sure it wasn't anything important and whatever was going on will have no bearing on the plot whatsoever at any point in the game.

Afterwards, you stumble around the fair. You're no longer black-out drunk, but you're still pretty out of it. You're beginning to feel pretty hungry. There's an old man settling down to enjoy his lunch, and you manage to persuade him to part with it. You don't recall what exactly you say to make him give it up--you remember repeating your name a lot, talking about something-something-super saiyan, yadda, yadda, spirit bomb--you don't know, you don't remember, it's not important.

You scored a sandwich. Your hunger is satiated for the nonce.

Afterwards, you bumble over to the weird caveman rave going on in the back stage. They're playing some gobshite music, but whatever. Some short guy hooks you up with some of the good stuff. You are now absolutely and irrevocably out of it.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Burn! Bobonga! Burn! :megadeath:

MartianAgitator posted:

Visit Macklemore the rapping weapon smith.

In a haze, you find yourself before Mlcr the famed weaponsmith. You no longer have any money, so his wares are useless to you. Also, you have the strongest weapon in the game, so again, his wares are useless to you. Ah well. You mumble something and totter off.

You make your way towards the heavily armed woman, now armed with so much liquid and synthetic courage that you are confident you will be able to impress her by testing your strength at the fair booth. All the crap you've ingested is really starting to take its toll, though, so you collapse mid-sentence. Through the haze, you hear her say something about losing a pendant.

From your perspective on the ground, you see the glint of gold in the grass. It looks like a pendant. Probably the one she lost. She leaves, looking for it. What will Goku do?

Sally fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 23, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

> Vomit

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Blurt out as many bad pickup lines as he can. At kaioken X100.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Stage a coup.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Doki Doki Gonzales has poisoned you. Kick his rear end

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

You're gonna have to tap into your inner reserves of willpower somehow. For some reason.

Blind Sally posted:

I've had a shite day and now I'm feeling saucy. So let's see--

Goku only has limited time before he needs hustle on over to Luca's presentation, so he only has time for three activities on the fair. But what will they be?

quote:

Aw sheeeeit.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Aw Yiss :megadeath:

In wizard college, my teachers would always say that wizards get the best results by refusing to play by the rules.

They expelled me for stealing a priceless magical tome. And eating it.

Carl The Shivan
Mar 23, 2009

programmed with a
variety of trusting
emotions

:h: :roboluv: :h:
Take the pendant and stand on the opposite teleporter than the one luca says to stand on.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
>Eat pendant.
>Vomit.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

>Go to return the pendant but then yell "TOO SLOW" and run off with it

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

>Regret choices in life that have led to this moment.

And in the game... :haw:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
>Take pendant and use it as a wager to gamble on the guy in armour again.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
This LP is like if Pendleton Ward made Chrono Trigger and, based upon the use of the term 'gobshite', were possibly British.

Aw yiss.

Be visited in a vision by your past incarnations from the previous seven playthroughs, New Game through New Game++++++.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Get the pendant and use it to pay Gato for its services. Go on adventures together.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

ArchWizard posted:

You're gonna have to tap into your inner reserves of willpower somehow. For some reason.

Alternatively, :effort: and have a panacea. And eat some cotton candy with Merle (isn't it Daryl with the crossbow? This game got the Walking Dead universe all wrong).

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Take the pendant, don't return it, proceed to the presentation alone with it. It's time to make this the sequence-break run.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012

Kavak posted:

Following in the tradition of a drat funny Lets Play, is what.

As you say.

Jesus Christ. Gonna have to follow Kaboom Dragoon on this.

Regret choices in life that have led to this moment.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Can you eat the pendant? If you can't eat it, tell her you ate it and wait to pawn it for something really cool.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
You've had a lot to drink, and there are important things to do before bothering with any pendants. Drop trou, take piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Give the pendant to the old guy as payment for the sandwich. Then tell crossbow-girl that you know which scumbag stole her pendant.

• Locked thread