Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I thought TNA was dead. The internet lied to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MrBling posted:

You know how a chicken gets its head cut off but can still run around a little bit before it drops dead? TNA is in the running around stage.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

sportsgenius86 posted:

You know how a chicken gets its head cut off but can still run around a little bit before it drops dead? TNA is in the running around stage.

Headless! The pidgeon is headless.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MrBling posted:

Are you saying the internet doesn't have the scoops?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

In The Bushes posted:

TNA is a rotary phone on a pole.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

This is pretty much perfect. Dixie is Officer Dibble, and Russo is TC. "I got this great angle, officer, just fell of the back of a truck from Jersey..."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've just noticed that Becky Lynch's Twitter is almost entirely wrestling puns.

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Used to be just her making fancy omelettes

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

sticklefifer posted:

It's been this way since Summerslam.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Chikara's Jervis Cottonbelly may have himself a new manager...

@GentlemanJervis posted:

Dearest @stoya, I hope you are well. When shall we rendezvous for tea and a discussion in your ring-valet services?

@stoya posted:

@GentlemanJervis Did you not get my email? I'll send it again.

:stare:

...I doubt Quack would approve, though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

We may have just seen a youth group ska fan's shameful fantasy come true

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

dsriggs posted:

Chikara's Jervis Cottonbelly may have himself a new manager...

:stare:

...I doubt Quack would approve, though.

That would be the biggest coup since actually getting Bob Saget to appear as Director of Fun.

Also she claims she reached out to him.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 23, 2014

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

:gbsmith:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

RIP Zack, I beat the streak with you.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
At this point, dude, quit and go somewhere else. The company is wasting Cesaro. What do you think they would do for you?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Zack Ryder is the new JTG.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Perfidus posted:

At this point, dude, quit and go somewhere else. The company is wasting Cesaro. What do you think they would do for you?

This is a dumb idea for Zack because nowhere will hire him. He was given every shot he had by WWE, he was basically hired off the street with his friend when they turned up to a .com contest. Even if they wasted him and squashed him. Yeah, the dude worked his way to meaning something, even if it wasn't much, by himself, but it was still the company who gave him the US title run. Dude doesn't really have amazing skills (better than some, worse than many), his momentum has been dead for years and his motivation is low now. Dude is on a good, comfortable wage right now. Having been around for a good few years now (a decade next year) probably means he doesn't have the crappy jobber 50-75k wage, he's probs sitting a bit above that. It would be silly to just walk off looking elsewhere.

Alongside that, he is good to have around to squash. People know who he is, compared to more nameless jobbers. Not many, but he has a name. Plus, he is only 29. He could still make something of himself with them. He won't, but he could.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He has a name and could work indies but I'd guess being a low man in WWE with some merch probably still lets him earn more.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ryder would immediately be a megastar for NEW. Doing a year or two on the indie might season him up to be a better worker, too.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

coconono posted:

Ryder would immediately be a megastar for NEW. Doing a year or two on the indie might season him up to be a better worker, too.

Whats the pay on a general contract with those folks? Because their first google search of Northeast Wrestling takes you to a uk-boots webisite i had to click a sub link to get their site.

So i would suggest Zak Ryder stays put and take a contract now than a contact later. put the cash in some Roth IRA, IRAs, 401 and save up a nice nest egg.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He's blown most of his money on toys and hair gel, I don't see how he's going to get any more fiscally responsible.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
at BOLA instead of chanting "please come back" at Curt Hawkins we chanted "please bring Zack" so there's one place he can go

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

If he gets let go he'd do alright, but he'd be silly to leave now unless he thinks he can do something in Japan or something like that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

at BOLA instead of chanting "please come back" at Curt Hawkins we chanted "please bring Zack" so there's one place he can go

I was just being polite I don't actually want him there

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I still love you Zack Ryder

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Zack Ryder out and Tyson Kidd back in, WWE 2k15 is righting the wrongs of the world.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

I was just being polite I don't actually want him there

I for one would love to see Zack take a few unplanned Styles Clashes after the match

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still have my Broski headband, and I cherish it dearly.:colbert:

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Shinjobi posted:

I still have my Broski headband, and I cherish it dearly.:colbert:

I've still got my crappy Ryder shirt (that I love) that was the "like me on facebook, follow me on twitter, buy the shirt" shirt that was sold out for a while. I got that shirt along with the on-sale $3 Dashing Cody Rhodes mirror shirt and have 0 regrets.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Zack Ryder is cool and entirely justified in his endless bitching.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Yeah no poo poo, dude got over as gently caress. I hope he keeps talking poo poo.

Dolph and Cesaro should step it up too, dudes got sHIIIIIT on by WWE.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Hahahahahahahaha aww.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

maniacripper posted:

Yeah no poo poo, dude got over as gently caress.

He really wasn't though. People liked the idea of seeing Zack Ryder more than actually seeing him because he would get chants and then during his entrances when he would come out the crowd would be dead. It was weird. Then he'd have the same boring Zack Ryder match where the only time the crowd would wake up was during his woo woo woo thing and the corner kick he does and nobody cared about anything else.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think people have WWE-tinted glasses when they look back on Ryder's push, because I distinctly remember weekly TV audiences not getting into Zack Ryder all that much at his peak. There were a couple PPVs with massively pro-Ryder crowds, but he had no universal appeal and week to week crowds would mostly go dead as soon as his matches started. He was over outside the ring, but definitely not for any decent length of a match unless he was in there with a really good worker. Ryder is rather bland in the ring and even people who were super into his viral popularity eventually realized it.

Also people figured out that they didn't want to root for a Jersey Shore bro gimmick, which was kind of my problem. He was fine as an Edgehead and they should've kept him with Hawkins. He could've been a great egotistical heel and paired with Vickie or something, but as a top face he just wasn't that interesting. If you go back and watch Raw episodes around the time he won the US title, WWE did a lot of things right with him. He just wasn't catching on the way someone the fans forced you to push needs to catch on (like say, Bryan), so they killed his push. People liked campaigning for him to get a title match, but after the chase was over, he was no longer interesting.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ryder got himself over without any help from the company and was basically punished for it. That's the truth and we all know it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

he did get himself over to a degree but I also think lower-midcard goof was his ceiling.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

also he was ratings poison

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
You could make a similar argument for the Million Dollar Playas or whatever Titus and Daren Young were called. They didn't do NEAR the work Ryder did to get over (because Ryder did 99.9999% of it making random youtube videos in his apartment with his Dad and Big-O) but still got crazy rear end over with the crowd. Titus tapped into a charisma nobody knew he had (remember the "make it a win!" speech haha). The tag division was reborn (for a few months than faded away, imagine that) and every time they on camera or mentioned the camera man would have about a million people to choose from doing the Millions of Dollas dance.

WWE: "Alright these guys are mega over, Titus of all people is cutting badass promos and they are hilarious, these dudes have incredible chemistry, we're loving the URRA URRA URRA bark, everyone in and out of the WWE is doing their dance...time for Titus to go it on his own!" Ok so maybe it's not that related but I'm just as pissed about it.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 24, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

also he was ratings poison

yeah. as someone said previously, he had very limited appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tyson Tomko posted:

You could make a similar argument for the Million Dollar Playas or whatever Titus and Daren Young were called. They didn't do NEAR the work Ryder did to get over (because Ryder did 99.9999% of it making random youtube videos in his apartment with his Dad and Big-O) but still got crazy rear end over with the crowd. Titus tapped into a charisma nobody knew he had (remember the "make it a win!" speech haha). The tag division was reborn (for a few months than faded away, imagine that) and every time they on camera or mentioned the camera man would have about a million people to choose from doing the Millions of Dollas dance.

WWE: "Alright these guys are mega over, Titus of all people is cutting badass promos and they are hilarious, these dudes have incredible chemistry, we're loving the URRA URRA URRA bark, everyone in and out of the WWE is doing their dance...time for Titus to go it on his own!" Ok so maybe it's not that related but I'm just as pissed about it.

Prime Time Players god drat dude get it right.